Page 410 of 454 FirstFirst ... 405406407408409410411412413414415 ... LastLast
Results 12,271 to 12,300 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    My interest was born out of watching Killer Klowns from Outer Space when I was a kid, and I think it's been maintained because I don't feel the need to watch the entire movie.
    Oh man, I watched Killer Klowns from Outerspace waaaaay too many times when I was younger. I actually rented it a year or so back and wondered why I don't have a huge fear of clowns--horrifying stuff for a less than 8 year old!! Funny we share the same guilty pleasure genre. I don't watch human mutilation horror movies though (Ex: Saw, Hostel).

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Emmanuel Lubezki. Was first struck by his work on Sleepy Hollow and was impressed with what he accomplished on Children of Men.
    Great choice!
    Last edited by Originalbob; 07-01-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Rick, as you probably know, the DSM classifies all major mental disorders as Axis I disorders, including things like schizophrenia, anorexia, autism, depression, anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD, dissociative identity disorder, and bipolar disorder. From your perspective, what do you consider to be the "best" Axis I mental disorder to have, which do you consider to be the "worst," and why?

Roger Ebert or Pauline Kael?

Godard or Truffaut?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Who is your favorite board poster?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Rick, has Jen ever suddenly spit a straw full of water in your face? If so, how many nights in a row/in total of fitful, sleep-free nights did you endure because of the ensuing torment?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Rick, do you think I'll ever live down the fact that I blew a tiny bit of straw water in Crispin's face after he and Andy fed me many beers? Also, do you think Crispin likes me anymore? He stopped playing Words with Friends with me.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

what do you think is the worst thing in pop culture to come out in the last 5 years?

November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    December 4 - Behemoth
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Also, do you think Crispin likes me anymore? He stopped playing Words with Friends with me.
    haha. I was just thinking the other day "I wonder if Jen is mad at me? She's still playing Words with Friends with me, so maybe not."
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Oh man, I watched Killer Klowns from Outerspace waaaaay too many times when I was younger. I actually rented it a year or so back and wondered why I don't have a huge fear of clowns--horrifying stuff for a less than 8 year old!! Funny we share the same guilty pleasure genre. I don't watch human mutilation horror movies though (Ex: Saw, Hostel).
    I watched it last fall as well on Netflix -- I did actually have a fear of clowns when I was a kid, but I think it predated my watching this movie.

I also don't watch the mutiliation movies. I have this paranoia that I'm going to break a limb/bone horrifically (like with it jutting out of my skin) and don't even like watching stuff on Tosh.0 when they air videos of people breaking their legs/arms/ankles. It's like if I watch it, it's going to happen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Roger Ebert or Pauline Kael?

Godard or Truffaut?
    Ebert. Truffaut.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Who is your favorite board poster?
    You, when you're on your game. It's too bad you apparently have a job & other shit to do nowadays that keeps you from posting more.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Rick, has Jen ever suddenly spit a straw full of water in your face? If so, how many nights in a row/in total of fitful, sleep-free nights did you endure because of the ensuing torment?
    No, she's smart enough to know not to do that with me. She reserves that kind of treatment for people she thinks she can take in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Rick, do you think I'll ever live down the fact that I blew a tiny bit of straw water in Crispin's face after he and Andy fed me many beers? Also, do you think Crispin likes me anymore? He stopped playing Words with Friends with me.
    No and no.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    what do you think is the worst thing in pop culture to come out in the last 5 years?
    Toddlers & Tiaras and the rest of those shows about ugly mothers trying to live vicariously through their daughters.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Rick, can you tell us a little bit about how you and Jen met, and eventually hit it off? I know you met through the board, but did the relationship primarily grow through on-line interaction, or was it more through meeting up at local shows? Did you ask her out on an official date at some point, and where/what was the first date?

If this has been asked, or if you've discussed it before just ignore it. I don't recall ever hearing/reading any details about it.

Rick, did you have phonesex with Jen before going on a date with her?

also, Rick, did you see my question at the bottom of the previous page? Or is it too perplexing for you?

Doesn't he have to pick a new person now?

What the fuck is your problem, Rick?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It's simple, everyone gets a full week starting on Monday of each week. Once your week is up it is your job to choose the next board member. Ask any questions you want. If the person who is chosen refuses, a new member has to be chosen by the person who's week just ended.

5PM on Monday is the deadline...if the person selected does not show up by then, another selection will be made by the previous fellow board member.

He clearly still has questions to answer, and may as well continue considering the lot of you are so boring.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie

Who the fuck is Rick?

I'm waiting for Mirror Noir's week.

Seriously, what the FUCK is your problem?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Rick,

You and everyone else on the planet have one free kill in your entire lifetime. Once and only once in your whole life you can simply point your finger at someone, say the magic word, and *blink* they're gone. No recriminations, no prosectution. However, everyone else on the planet has this same power. Describe the scenario, past or present, where you are/would have been most likely to exercise your one-off.

edit: you, and everyone else, don't get this power until you turn 25.
    Not getting the power till 25 really limits the potential list. There were so many more people who did me wrong prior to then. Ideally, I would use this on the cocksucker who robbed my sister at gunpoint a few weeks back, but since he still hasn't been caught, I don't know his identity and I imagine that would be a necessity for this situation. A time when it would have definitely been used would be on this chick Elizabeth on a Saturday night in May 2006. That girl Sarah I've mentioned (from the 2005 & 2006 Coachellas) started dating her while we were still seeing each other. Sarah was supposed to come over for dinner, which I made, something Jen can attest to not happening very regularly (and occurred even less so 6 years ago). She showed up a couple hours late, which was ridiculous even by her standards, and wasn't answering her phone. I couldn't even eat, I was so furious. But we talked for a bit and I settled down and we went to the Surly Wench, where I was ditched while Sarah busied herself with this bitch who I had previously just known to be her friend. I had a lot of drinks and put a cigarette out on my arm. The last straw was Sarah asking me to get her stuff out of my car. I threw my beer on the ground and stomped out of the bar, pushing through people like an asshole and resembling Richard Ashcroft in the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" video. I had the wherewithal to stop at the sidewalk instead of just going into the street (that's another thing that drives me insane: inconsiderate pedestrians) but Sarah, who was suitably embarrassed, didn't have the same concern. I started yelling at her what a cunt she was as we made it to my car and I took her shit out of my trunk. I'm surprised that I didn't slam everything to the ground; I just placed it down gently instead while continuing to berate her. Then Elizabeth shows up and gets in my face like I'm the ****** and it's a wonder that I didn't rip out her throat. Sarah grabbed her and they left. Even though Sarah would've been the one to really warrant death, I would've chosen to kill Elizabeth instead because that would've hurt Sarah more. And she'd have had another 3 years to get the power so I wouldn't have had to worry about a reprisal till late 2009, and by then there'd have probably been somebody else who came along and replaced me as the biggest bogeyman deserving to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Rick, as you probably know, the DSM classifies all major mental disorders as Axis I disorders, including things like schizophrenia, anorexia, autism, depression, anxiety disorder, OCD, PTSD, dissociative identity disorder, and bipolar disorder. From your perspective, what do you consider to be the "best" Axis I mental disorder to have, which do you consider to be the "worst," and why?
    Y'know, bipolar disorder is probably the best to have because of the good things that come with mania. I don't know that people suffering from any of the other afflictions ever feel like they're god, and that natural euphoria is irresistible. I think the worst would be schizophrenia. It's the one I was most concerned about being diagnosed with when I was 20 and uncertain of what my problem was. Having delusions of persecution, not knowing who you can trust, and hearing voices that aren't always kind would be hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Rick, can you tell us a little bit about how you and Jen met, and eventually hit it off? I know you met through the board, but did the relationship primarily grow through on-line interaction, or was it more through meeting up at local shows? Did you ask her out on an official date at some point, and where/what was the first date?

If this has been asked, or if you've discussed it before just ignore it. I don't recall ever hearing/reading any details about it.
    I bought 2 tickets to see Daft Punk in LA in July 2007. I didn't end up finding any friends who wanted to go with me so I started messaging AZ residents on the board who were going to the show to discuss meeting up. I saw that Jen worked for an airline so that gave me more things to ask her about than just "Wanna meet up at Daft Punk?" She helped me prepare for the trip (it had been 6 years since I was on a plane) and we exchanged phone numbers when we realized we were both staying at the Vagabond Hotel and our flights would have us at Sky Harbor at the same time. I met up with her and a friend (who used to also post on the board, erikua) at some tequila bar whose name I can't recall right now. Had nachos & beers. I was uncharacteristically engaging. We met up again at the hotel and our rooms were right beside each other. Went driving around, walked to the venue, met suprefan, texted while waiting for the show to start, then had a party in her room afterward. Erik passed out early and just went to my room since we were up really late. Think we went to bed around 4:30, 5, which sucked 'cause my flight left at 8. We emailed each other for the next few days and she invited me over for dinner the following Friday. She made lasagna and we watched Boogie Nights.
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Ah, I didn't know it was a timed deadline.

Clearly.

Rick, did you have phonesex with Jen before going on a date with her?

also, Rick, did you see my question at the bottom of the previous page? Or is it too perplexing for you?
    No. Maybe discussed some things via email but I think I sound ridiculous when talking dirty. Think most people do, honestly.

Your other question required more attention than I was able to give it earlier. It's now been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Doesn't he have to pick a new person now?
    I asked Mirror Noir. Waiting to get confirmation that he's fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    What the fuck is your problem, Rick?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Seriously, what the FUCK is your problem?
    I've spent too much time around you mooks.

I'm in. Let the proverbial

begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Why Utah?

Mitch,

Your sister is very attractive. Why are you so ugly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Why Utah?
    Default, mostly. I ended up here for college, stayed afterwards. I grew up in southeastern Idaho, so this was a move up culturally to begin with. However, I think a Romney presidency may be too much to endure living though in Utah, so that may finally get me to punch out to a Colorado or left coast enclave. Also, I now have bar reciprocity, so if I wanted to move, I finally have options that don't involve sitting through the bar again.

Mitch,

Your sister is very attractive. Why are you so ugly?
    An auspicious start to the proceedings.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Mitch, are you clear on the meaning of "omnibus" now that I've straightened your young ass out?

Also, at what point did you look at Originalbob and say, "Sigh... well, looks like I'm waking up to that every morning."

Coachella Junkie

Who the fuck is Mitch?

Mitch, who the fuck is Mitch?