Page 378 of 454 FirstFirst ... 373374375376377378379380381382383 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,340 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Amy, do you wish you had snow on Christmas?
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Your in a bad mood ,but just got paid and have the day to yourself.What do you do?
    I'll wait for Pixie's question when she is ready to ask it, although if my husband and I have had a bad day, sometimes we'll be really destructive (to our teeth) and buy a bunch of candy and stay up late watching netflix. We really let loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Back when passes were going on sale (I think) you mentioned that your husband was on the fence, but that you were taking kids next year. First of all, is this recollection accurate? If accurate, tell us a little bit about your husband and kids.
    That is accurate. My husband Jacob and I have gone to Coachella in 1999, 2004-2010, and he has become burned out on shows and festivals, so he wants to wait and see who is headlining. I am crossing my fingers for Radiohead this year so I can take my whole family to see them. I promised myself my kids would get to see Radiohead next tour, and this would be the easiest way to do it.

A litte bit about my family: Jacob works sys admin and engineering jobs for GoDaddy (Linux computer programming stuff that I don't understand). We've been married for 11.5 years, and our daughters are 11 and 9. My children like singing and videogames and were in the Phoenix Children's Choir for a couple years, but they gave it up this year. They're going to camp in Indiana in a few days for the whole month of July, so I am looking forward to having alone time with Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    I didn't help you out of the pit that night, did I? Did you have a boyfriend totally ignore you needing help, and then try to fight me?
    No. Damn I wish I'd known you back then though. We were probably at a lot of the same shows. This is ridiculous, but I remember what I was wearing back then -- either a green or a grey Smiths shirt and a white head band in my hair. I was about 17 I think, and I did not have a boyfriend, so it couldn't have been me (unless you misunderstood about the boyfriend).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    We've been married for 11.5 years, and our daughters are 11 and 9.
    shotgun wedding?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    shotgun wedding?
    Yes, and I've mentioned this before here. We were sweating (literally and figuratively) though the first Coachella in 99 wondering if I was pregnant. And I was.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Amy, if you could be anywhere else right now, where would it be and why?

BTW, skipping the explanations makes this process less titillating.
    This is a cop-out, but I'd probably be at Disneyland or Coachella, but I'm looking forward to January when everyone starts getting really excited about the pending lineup, then February and March researching the bands on the line-up and buying new clothes to wear there. I can wait because I enjoy the build-up process.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 06-30-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I agree gunz but I do think we should limit the ?'s a bit in each post. Example, tell me what movies and books you have read that had an impact on your life. That question could take pages to write.

Amy, would you vote for a woman for president just because she was a woman? Why either way. cr****
    Ron, are you asking that book or movie question or not? I'm confused. I would NOT vote for a female president just because she's a woman. Come on, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann? Are you fucking kidding? Back in the democratic primaries last time, I had a bit of a struggle between Obama and Clinton, but ended up voting for Obama. The man can speak.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Amy, what are you doing for the 4th?
    I'm taking my kids to the airport in the morning to see their grandparents in Indiana, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing with Jacob later on. We might try to find a fireworks display somewhere. Also, some minor fireworks are now legal to buy here for the first time (and some are legal to buy but illegal to use, wtf AZ?), so we might try doing that. When I was in Utah a few years back, we went to Jacob's uncle's house and set off a bunch of fireworks because it's legal there, and damn that was awesome.

It sounds like you have always lived in Arizona (Why? But that is a different?). Would you encourage your offspring to move and live in a different state or country for the experience? Cr****
    My children would be better, more cosmopolitan women if they would move somewhere else and actually get to see other cultures (outside of boring, brown, desert suburbia), but I would miss them terribly. I would like to move the family somewhere else, but I'm not sure what climate we're fit for -- I don't know if I could handle cold or wet places well, and we're stuck in our house (unless we lease it out) because we bought it before the housing bubble burst when the price was the highest. So yes, I hope they move somewhere else, but I would be so worried about them.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    amyzzz, how do you feel about munging?
    I would never do that, but I have watched movies about read books that include something like that in them. I like zombies and horror stuff. Have you ever read Richard Laymon? Really over the top horror and sex intermingled. I particularly love it when he builds up a really intense sex scene to get the reader aroused and then BOOM, the protagonist finds a horribly decayed dead body under the bed or something equally disgusting to turn you off. That's hilarious.

Just to be clear, munging would not excite me sexually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Amy, do you wish you had snow on Christmas?
    Yes, but just on Christmas, then let it melt and go away.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 06-30-2011 at 10:17 AM.

I haven't been doing a whole lot lately outside of playing games with my kids or throwing a frisbee around. I need to find some more hobbies outside of going to shows. I tried increasing veggies in my house, but it has not worked too well yet. I need to find veggies everyone will eat.
    Try "cool" veggies, like long beans and romanesco broccoli. Also, make burgers from scratch and hide very finely chopped veggies in them. Secretly mix mashed cauliflower into mashed potatoes. Challenge them to a game of carrot checkers and make a big show of eating their carrot pieces when you capture them. Make these:

You could pack them fun bento-style lunches with incorporated veggies, too. Hobby for you. Veggies for them.

That is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Thank you, Hannah.

Why is there no option for a 3-way? (or 4-way adding the scorpions)
    Amy, is group sex something you and Jacob dabble in? What about sex with insects? Does this site (don't worry, it's very SFW) get your motor started?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Amy, is group sex something you and Jacob dabble in? What about sex with insects? Does this site (don't worry, it's very SFW) get your motor started?
    I wish id had asked you freakier shit...I always think my nast questions will be too shocking.

My question has direct context relative to something amy posted this very day, which I quoted.

Do you think this board being male dominated is a hindrance to your posting or are the women and you personally here strong enough at verbal repartee to have that gender bias make no difference in what you post? Cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

First question: sort of. I chickened out though. Drugs were involved. Not really interested in actual sex with animals or insects.

Do you think this board being male dominated is a hindrance to your posting or are the women and you personally here strong enough at verbal repartee to make that gender bias make no difference in what you post? Cr****
    Ron, the girls here have made some safe zones, but before that I did struggle sometimes with the way the men here so casually fling really disgusting and offensive insults. It took me years here to get used to that.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 06-30-2011 at 12:46 PM.

amy, have you ever cried over something that was posted on here? How bout something posted by someone other than Pot? how bout within the past year?

amy, have you ever cried over something that was posted on here? How bout something posted by someone other than Pot? how bout within the past year?
    I have cried over things that Pot, Gabe, Valarie, and Dani have said years ago (2006, 2007-ish). I don't think I've cried over anything posted in the past year. I don't blame them too much; my skin is just a lot thinner than theirs. And I have mood swings.

I have cried over things that Pot, Gabe, Valarie, and Dani have said years ago (2006, 2007-ish). I don't think I've cried over anything posted in the past year. I don't blame them too much; my skin is just a lot thinner than theirs. And I have mood swings.
    If you had to, who would you kill (not would you) cr****

Was that when you made the infamous "c on my t's" comment?

Ugh. Why dredge up the past? It's been 4 or 5 years. I'm against killing people in principle, although I was really angry at the time. I didn't cry over c on my t's (etc). That was more blush-y than cry-y.

Funny thing is, it was controversial (or at least memorable) at the time, and I think it made some people angry (not me). Nowadays in here, it would barely be noticed. THIS PLACE HAS GONE TO SHIT. do you agree?

Funny thing is, it was controversial (or at least memorable) at the time, and I think it made some people angry (not me). Nowadays in here, it would barely be noticed. THIS PLACE HAS GONE TO SHIT. do you agree?
    This place has kind of picked up a bit this summer I've noticed. I miss a lot of the contests and intelligent long-running jokes. I think the intelligence level and high brow humor have mostly gone away, which is sad. I like a lot of the private social groups that we didn't have years ago though.

Amy, for those of us who weren't around, can you tell us about the "c on t's" incident.

Oh Tommy, why do you have to dredge up the past?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Amy, for those of us who weren't around, can you tell us about the "c on t's" incident.
    I'm not sure why Tom thinks I would be so upset about it, so maybe I am not remembering it right. I think it had something to do with how I don't like female body parts words that begin with "t" or "p." (You see? I still can't even type them out, much less say them aloud). So someone (Justin? Brandon? Chrislasf? I don't remember) said something about "c" ing all over my "t's."

TomAZ, can you explain? Is there a goddamn link somewhere? Maybe I'll revisit it and cry this time.

Sorry I ruined the forum....

If you could, would you ban me amyzzzz?

Amy, would you rather spend the rest of your life without a significant other, or would you rather have a partner who is extremely difficult?

I don't like female body parts that begin with "t" or "p."
    I first read it like this and felt sad.

Amy, what brought you to the boards to begin with, and do you remember our first looooooong discussion about drugs in Randy's drug thread where you told me to F off several times?

Aahhh, the memories . . .

I'm not sure why Tom thinks I would be so upset about it, so maybe I am not remembering it right. I think it had something to do with how I don't like female body parts words that begin with "t" or "p." (You see? I still can't even type them out, much less say them aloud). So someone (Justin? Brandon? Chrislasf? I don't remember) said something about "c" ing all over my "t's."

TomAZ, can you explain? Is there a goddamn link somewhere? Maybe I'll revisit it and cry this time.
    I remember it differently.

but it's your week amy.

Amy, put these words in order from your favorite to least favorite: pussy, taint, twat, tits, titties, tetas, pink taco, tittays.

algunz, stop making everything about you. Unless you're gonna post tits.