Page 365 of 454 FirstFirst ... 360361362363364365366367368369370 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,950 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

ever wanted to be a different ethnicity or skin color?
    100% Caffeinated

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Favorite B-list action star?
    Would Tony Jaa still be counted as B-list? I'm not sure of his American popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium Roast
    ever wanted to be a different ethnicity or skin color?
    I used to have white envy in my younger years. Plus, white dudes always seem to get the best girls. Most times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

If you could tell anyone to kiss your ass, who would it be and would you like it on the cheeck or up in the pink?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    If you could tell anyone to kiss your ass, who would it be and would you like it on the cheeck or up in the pink?
    Probably one of the people pretty high on my chain of command. I won't go into detail, but he's a miserable old bastard who doesn't seem to realize that once he retires, he'll be referred to as "Mr." and no one will care.

Anyways, it's koryp's turn: Explain your musical evolution from the younger years to now. Be as vague or in depth as you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Thanks frazzles. Give me a minute and I'll be right back with that story. I'll do my best to keep this interesting.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Anyways, it's koryp's turn: Explain your musical evolution from the younger years to now. Be as vague or in depth as you want.

That's a very eclectic journey with lots of crazy twists and turns so lets describe it as a rollercoaster.

The first musical memory I have is getting my face painted and seeing KISS in 1979. I don't remember the show, but I remember the face paint. My dad had a nice collection of 6O's and 70's rock vinyl and a couple of 8-tracks I used to listen to regularly. ACDC Highway to Hell and Led Zeppelin I and II actually wore out. Hey Jude was by far my favorite Beatles song back in the day and there is a old reel to reel recording of me singing it when I was 3.

We mostly listened to the radio, back when Pop music was still good. In the early 80's Casey Casam told me what was good and I listened every saturday like a good little minion. One song always stuck out from those days however, and I didn't know it's significance until much later on my musical journey. Paul Hardcastle had a charting single in Nineteen. It was this crazy electro beat that he mixed some Vietnam commentary over. By today's standards its pretty lame, but something about that dance track stuck with me I had never heard anything like it. I knew I loved that song, but could find nothing else like it in the record shop. Years later after Front 242 The Prodigy and KMFDM got me exploring the world of techno, I eventually discovered House, Techno, and Trance and I finally understood why Nineteen caught my attention. I fucking love dance music. I still enjoy great rock and especially the old classic rock, but today electronic music is my go to genre.

Along the way I took a few detours and explored lots of different musical styles. My cousin introduced me to Metal by making me a copy of Motley Crüe. This led to about three years of Ratt, Docken, Ozzy, Megadeath and Metallica being the primary sounds playing on my Walkman. I bought my first rap tapes in 1986. Run Dmc and Beastie boys. These kept me open to rap and like most other mostly white middle class teenage males, I memorized lyrics by Easy E, Ice-T, Public Enemy and any thing else related to east coast or west coast Rap. Be it Boogie down or O-town groove, I bought it. In the 90's I was down with grunge, raved my ass off, and explored the roots of the music I loved. I was the guy listening to Joy Division on the way to the rave, and talking to you about the genius of Verdi and how his operas influenced the music we hear today. The only things I don't listen to today are that terrible punk revival ska bullshit from the 90's and modern country. I firmly believe hard times makes great music, so when the economy goes to shit, or war breaks out, I get excited. It's been a good couple of years musically for me.
    Last edited by koryp; 06-13-2011 at 04:40 PM.

how do magnets work?

Also, what catches your fancy more, Funk or Jazz?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

how do magnets work?
    Magic, pure magic.

Also, what catches your fancy more, Funk or Jazz?
    Love me some Jazz. I'd probably be lynched for saying anything else back home. In New Orleans it's ok to like Funk, but heresy to like it more than Jazz. As a kid I always remember the music along the streets when my grandmother took me shopping. Pure, soulful Jazz. The MUZAK in shopping malls today makes me nauseated. It's not right for stores to have anything but live music being played while I shop and that music should always be Jazz.

I have been seen shaking my ass to much Pfunk, however.

koryp:

Boxers or briefs?
    Favorite color?
    Favorite holiday to experience in elementary school?

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    koryp:

Boxers or briefs?
    Boxerbriefs with the patented Kangaroo pouch or nothing at all.

Favorite color?
    Electric blue makes me feel happy. I smile when I see very intense shades of blue.

Favorite holiday to experience in elementary school?
    Mardi Gras. I knew only kids in south Louisiana got off on that day and I loved the parades as a kid. When I found out that the Catholic school kids also got Ash Wednesday off, I asked if I could tranfer out of public school.
    Last edited by koryp; 06-13-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here. Include codenames.

koryp: how do YOU pronounce your board name?

do you feel that life is a dry handjob?

what country would you invade and why?

Hannah, I'm writing that one up , but as the song says, "it's gonna take a little time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    koryp: how do YOU pronounce your board name?
    This is gonna blow your mind. My first name is Kory. My last name starts with a P. pretend there is a space between the y and p.

do you feel that life is a dry handjob?
    Giving or recieving? Sometimes, and not all that often lately, it feels like giving the dry handjob to the 400lb overweight pedophile and having to smile seductively while looking him in the eyes and telling him how hot he is and how much I love giving him this handjob. I tend to think at times it is a surely a handjob(recieving). Even reaching level of well lubed. Seriously, even a dry handjob is pretty good. This describes most of my life the last 5 years.
    what country would you invade and why?
    Canada. No one would fuck with us if we ran blitzkreig style right through to the northwest passage. No one would fuck with us ever again.

I call your... and raise you 6 ...

You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here.
    Nelumbo nucifera is a rather crass and direct personality. In the year 1986, a small craft crash landed near the California/Arizona border. In the wreckage an infant cyborg was found and raised to appear human by her secret CIA captor who posed as an immigrant worker in the southern California desert. She was never told of being a cyborg and believes she is one of us. As an adult she was partially trained as an agent to fight and kill her own kind. In battle she hurls jagged, partial prepositions at her foes with ninja like speed. For you Star Trek fans we dressed her in a red shirt before going into battle. She is known to us as...LOTUS

There is a story amongst the cyborgs. An enemy they fear above all others. They call her "que te mata en su sueño". A cunning double agent, trained in the fine art of deception and character assasination, she lures the enemy into her confidence and when they least expect it, ends them quicker than a television series on FX. We know her as... guedita

In the 1950's an evil genius came into prominence battling the residents of the Halls of Justice. The bain of Superman's existence, Lex Luther was a capable foe who crafted his knowledge of the workings of the Universe into his diobolical plans to conquer his enemies. Little known to most who followed Luther's progress, there was another, more evil, more intelligent Master who taught his protege all of his skills. That sensei of evil has stayed hidden until now. Today he fights on the side of good because it's just more fun. His Codename is the Professor, we know him as...TomAz

Originally a freelance mercenary, This agent known as n00bhunter uses his training to snipe the enemy and incapacitate them with his specially made rifle shooting his super secret Ducksauce which renders the Cyborgs baffled. When he is out on leave from our war on Cyborgism, he is known to the Coachella world as...Malcomjamalawesome.

Our next agent actually posseses only one power, though she thinks she has many. REDfox rushes off into battle with her "ability" to draw all cyborgs to her antics, rendering them entranced, then when the cyborgs kill her, she uses her only real power to respawn with an new agent name. She is often baffled as to what just happened. We know her today as...thecapsulettes

Back at base, our logistics are handled by our director. She has no real powers, no codename, but really loves to organize things. At base and on the board she is known as...CaptCrazy.

Kory,

surgery? what? do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Kory,

surgery? what? do tell.
    Recently puplishers clearing house presented me with a third runner's up prize package of a 3.8mm kidney stone. I never had one so I was all like "wow, that's something I never had before, thanks prize patrol. My doctor advised against taking it out surgically last week cause there was a 85% chance I'd pass this in a few days with no problems other than excruciating pain. (I want to say that as I'm writing this the versed and fentanyl is kicking in.) So anyway, I am now pre opd for a right ureteroscopy/stone extraction with ureteral stent placement under fluoro. Right now I'd claw Ed McMahon's eyes out with my toenails, and place him in a dark closet with a floor of broken glass and release 1000 wasps into the room, all while recording the vocals for later use in a new track I've been working on.

I know that the dark closet and clawing out the eyes is a little redundant, but I gotta express myself.

Kory, please react to the following bit of information from wikipedia:

The main complications with ureteral stents are dislocation, infection and blockage by encrustation. Recently stents with coatings, such as heparin, were approved to reduce infection and encrustation to reduce the number of stent exchanges.[1]

Other complications can include increased urgency and frequency of urination, blood in the urine, leakage of urine, pain in the kidney, bladder, or groin, and pain in the kidneys during, and for a short time after urination.[2] These effects are generally temporary and disappear with the removal of the stent.

Stents often have a thread, used for removal, that passes through the urethra and remains outside the body. This thread may cause irritation of the urethra. This may be increased for patients who were born with Hypospadias or other conditions that required a similar corrective surgery. Care must be taken to ensure that the thread is not caught or pulled, which may dislodge the stent.

While the stent is in place, patients may carry on with most normal activities, however the stent may cause some discomfort during strenuous physical activity. Work and other daily activities may continue as normal. Sexual activity is also possible with a stent, but stents with a thread may significantly hinder sex.[2] The stent also can rest on the prostate gland in men and with ejaculation/orgasm the prostate may have movement that is discomforting to the patient and similar to severe cramping or irritation. One should approach sex differently with a stent exercising caution and certainly using some type of protection to prevent transmission of some sexually transmitted diseases.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Oh man, that suckkkkkkks. One of my friends had stents put in for a kidney stone. Well, on the upside, they give you morphine.

kory, your description of your earliest musical memory charmed me and made me think of my own family. What is your favorite musical memory that you share with your dad/parents (if not that first one)?

What's your musical guilty pleasure?

What literary character would you liken yourself to, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Kory, please react to the following bit of information from wikipedia:
    My first reaction is that you sir, are an asshole for posting that before I went in. My second reaction is I'm glad they bumped me up and took me early to surgery. My third is holy shit I'm fucking high right now. And somewhere down that list, three to four thoughts after "wow, those ceiling tiles are ugly", is thanks Tom, I love assholes.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Update- First post of this thread (on page 1 duh) has been updated with the latest links for the last couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Oh man, that suckkkkkkks. One of my friends had stents put in for a kidney stone. Well, on the upside, they give you morphine.

kory, your description of your earliest musical memory charmed me and made me think of my own family. What is your favorite musical memory that you share with your dad/parents (if not that first one)?
    I'm not very close to my parents and have very few early childhood memories. My favorite musical memory is with my great-grandfather shortly before he died. He was a journeyman jazz musician in New Orleans. The kind with no credits to their name, but he played with everyone. I was three or four and loved sitting with him while he played and he would "teach" me to play. I still smile every time I pick up his accordion or clarinet.

What is your ideal psychedelic experience?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    My first reaction is that you sir, are an asshole for posting that before I went in. My second reaction is I'm glad they bumped me up and took me early to surgery. My third is holy shit I'm fucking high right now. And somewhere down that list, three to four thoughts after "wow, those ceiling tiles are ugly", is thanks Tom, I love assholes.
    You're welcome!

Koryp,
    Describe your perfect day. From the moment you awaken to the moment you
    retire at night. Details!

I didn't realize this thread that started up again. I would have participated earlier. Sorry, Frazzles.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

What's your musical guilty pleasure?
    I don't just like this album, I could not live without it.

Audio CD
    Release date:*July 10, 1989
    Publisher: Pandisc Records
    Amazon.com Sales Rank: 149,575
    UPC: 0054291880421
    Track Listings
    *1 Lookout Weekend
    *2 The Party's Just Begun
    *3 I Know You Love Me
    *4 It's Automatic
    *5 All Night
    *6 How Can We Be Wrong?
    *7 When I Hear Music
    *8 Don't Stop the Rock
    *9 Can't Stop the Beat
    *10 I'll Be All You Ever Need
    *11 Can't Get Enough
    *12 Can't Stop the Beat [House Mix][*]

Dude, I have never heard of that, but the first word I saw in the wiki entry was freestyle and now I'm off to check her out.

I don't just like this album, I could not live without it.

[*]
    Lookout Weekend cuz here I come... because Weekends were made for fun....

Good times...Alot of this CD is still played constantly on the radio here. Gotta Love Art Laboe.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

What literary character would you liken yourself to, and why?
    My favorite author on planet Earth is Jim Knipfel. He wrote a series of autobiographies in which he detailed his physical, spiritual, and psychological breakdowns. Ruining it for everybody, his spiritual descent, focuses on his early years. His best friend known only as Grinch, mirrors my younger years pretty well. When Jim later reunites with Grinch, he finds an MBA prepared yuppie exterior covering the same near sociopathic mind he remembered. Sell out was his first thought, but Grinch explains his current journey as "bringing the system down from the inside." Though I've learned how to act appropriate in most situations today, this character matches quite well with what I'm usually thinking underneath that facad.

What is your ideal psychedelic experience?
    Now this is a very interesting question, especially today. I go au natural for my altered mental states. I'm a drug addict, for realz. I have been clean since September 15th 2001. This kidney stone and today's surgery is the first time I've had to take any mind altering substance since then. Honestly the way I feel right now with all that anesthesia shit on board is fucking hard core otherworldly. I won't lie I miss this. I just can't do this anymore and live a productive life. Now as far as what a perfect psychedelic experience was like for me, for my money, you can't beat tripping out in nature. My family moved out to a rural area and when I was in high school, I had a pretty regular routine. Set the alarm for 8am, place one ripe hit next to the snooze button and let the day start. I'd eat that dose when the alarm went off, then snooze for half an hour. By the time I get out of bed, already started to fry a little. A few nips of bourbon, and a stroll into the woods to explore a new reality. Afternoon campfire to boil a nice broth with the shrooms freshly picked from the fields around the house, and I'm prepared for the evening. Most times I'd wake up in the middle of the night in the barn with that "am I still tripping" feeling and head home to get some rest. I always liked being alone in nature when tripping. As far as tripping with friends, my favorite was an acid fueled trip to Disneyworld. Late night parade + psychedelics + friends = crazy ass story.