Page 361 of 454 FirstFirst ... 356357358359360361362363364365366 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,830 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Top 5 acts you're excited to see this year at Coachella.
    DFA1979, The Chemical Brothers, Animal Collective, Duran Duran, OFWGKTA

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Scott Night time bike riding or day time bike riding?
    NIGHT TIME BIKE RIDE
    Favorite Massive Attack Song?
    I would probably say Blue Lines. I really like the early stuff, especially the tracks that have Tricky on them. I'm really hoping for a Tricky + MA reunion.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

What do you do to prepare for Coachella?

You've gone on a murderous rampage throughout Seattle, stabbing three hookers, shooting four bums, castrating two priests and decapitating a squirrel, after a year of hiding in the sewers and the woods you were betrayed by a bum that you refused to share your twice baked chocolate croissant with so he turned you in and you have been sentenced to death, what is included in your last meal?
    1L☮e.

Where do you stay during the weekend of Coachella?

What do you do for a living?

How old are you??

Lets say DFA and Duran conflicted. Who would you pick?

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Sorry to interrupt the grossmagic week, but you've seriously never heard of Mellow Yellow???
    Mello Yellow is more of a east-of-the-Mississippi thing, though it is sold in stores out west. I had never been anywhere that served it (like in a restaurant) until I went to Wisconsin. I've noticed it is really popular in Florida, to the point where waitresses will say "Can I get you a Coke or Mello Yellow?"

If you are in a restaurant out west that serves Coke, they will always have Sprite, and sometimes Squirt, but I've never seen fountain Mello Yellow here.

What is your favorite cereal??

Who would you rather work for Sandy Petersen or Gabe Newell?
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-08-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    What do you do to prepare for Coachella?
    Usually, I try to check out as many of the bands that I'm not familiar with as possible. I make sure I have all my camping stuff together and packed and ready to go. Then, I usually fly into LA on Wednesday and kick it with some homies before I catch a ride to the desert. As part of CAA, we usually meet up at the Ralph's in Indio and carpool into the campgrounds together. Then we spend Thursday night setting up our camp and smoking weeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    You've gone on a murderous rampage throughout Seattle, stabbing three hookers, shooting four bums, castrating two priests and decapitating a squirrel, after a year of hiding in the sewers and the woods you were betrayed by a bum that you refused to share your twice baked chocolate croissant with so he turned you in and you have been sentenced to death, what is included in your last meal?
    I'm tempted to say Twice Baked Chocolate Croissant, because of the situation, but if it were actually my last meal, I think I'd want a porterhouse, with some mashed potatoes that still have little pieces of the skin on the potatoes. If I were in Texas (where I grew up, went to college, and would much more likely to be executed for my murderous rampage) then I would want ribs from the Salt Lick.

Where do you stay during the weekend of Coachella?
    The campgrounds.

What do you do for a living?
    I'm a QA Lead for Foundation 9 Entertainment. That means I oversee a group of guys that test video games. Right now, we're working on Kung Fu Panda 2. The last game I did was Front Mission Evolved.

If you've seen Grandma's Boy, I basically have the same job as the hot blonde in that movie.

How old are you??
    I will be 30 in October. The day after ATP, actually.

Lets say DFA and Duran conflicted. Who would you pick?
    DFA1979. Obvs.
    Last edited by DANCE MAGIC; 03-08-2011 at 01:19 PM.

What is your favorite cereal??
    Either Count Chocula or Raisin Bran. Very different cereals, but one thing they have in common is that they are both awesome.

Who would you rather work for Sandy Petersen or Gabe Newell?
    Well, I'm pretty sure Sandy Petersen is basically retired at this point. I don't think he actually makes games anymore. He just teaches or something. So, let's assume you meant when he was working at iD. If that's the case, then fuck yeah I'd totally take a job with Sandy Petersen at iD. I don't have anything against Gabe Newell, and Valve is pretty fucking kick ass... but Petersen is not only responsible for a big part of Doom/Quake, but also Age of Empires. The fact that he's able to span genres and be so influential in both is really impressive.

What was the major reasons matrix 2 and 3 weren't as good as matrix 1??

What's your opinion on the movie The Lawnmower Man?

What preparation have u made to preserve your prince towel?
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-08-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

Favorite Pokemon and why? (Picture, please)

Favorite Batman book or if you feel specific today, issue? (Picture if appropriate)

Do you like any Marvel heroes?

What was the best day you've had in Seattle like?

Scott, for those of us that don't know, tell us about your brief stint in my beautiful country and why we don't want you here anymore.

What was the major reasons matrix 2 and 3 weren't as good as matrix 1??
    I think it suffered from the same issues that cause most sequels to suck. They wrote the first movie, and likely had some artistic inspiration and personal motivation for doing so. Then, after it was a hit, they were like "Oh shit, we could make a lot more money off this..." so they wrote a couple more scripts and made them. The difference is that the inspiration for the first one was "let's make a bad ass movie," while the inspiration for the sequels was "let's make a shit load of money."

What's your opinion on the movie The Lawnmower Man?
    It was pretty crap. I used to read a lot of Stephen King when I was a kid, and I read the short story, and it was weird and way different.

What preparation have u made to preserve your prince towel?
    None. I use it as a dust cover for my Moog MG-1. I'm hoping some of the funk rubs off.

Favorite Pokemon and why? (Picture, please)
    I think I'm going to have to go with Jigglypuff. Sorry it isn't a more obscure pokemon, but Jigglypuff is really awesome in Super Smash Brothers.

Favorite Batman book or if you feel specific today, issue? (Picture if appropriate)
    Easy. Batman #666. It was really the beginning of Grant Morrison's huge epic Batman story arc that is still going on now. It takes place in the future and shows Damian as Batman.

That having been said, I also really like what Morrison is doing in Batman and Robin. When Frank Quietly was drawing it, I really fucking loved that book. I'm a pretty big fan of Damian in general, and seeing him as Robin is fucking cool as shit. He is the best Robin ever. I like how GM kind of changed the Batman/Robin dynamic in this book.

While we're on the subject, and I'm posting Frank Quietly art, I think it's important to note two other really great books that FQ and GM did together. One of them is a graphic novel called We3... and the other one is the only comic book that has ever actually made me cry:

Do you like any Marvel heroes?
    When I was younger, I actually read some Marvel. I like the Infinity Gauntlet/Infinity Wars stuff, so I guess I'd say I kind of like Adam Warlock. Marvel sucks balls though.

What was the best day you've had in Seattle like?
    Does George, Washington still count as Seattle? If so, then it was Sasquatch last year. The day that Massive Attack played. If it doesn't count, then I guess I'd go with one of the days when Stef was visiting.
    Last edited by DANCE MAGIC; 03-08-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Scott, for those of us that don't know, tell us about your brief stint in my beautiful country and why we don't want you here anymore.
    I lived in Vancouver, BC, Canada* for about a year and a half. I was attending film school, smoking a lot of weed, and writing a lot. It was amazing and I loved it. Then I graduated, and one day I got a letter in the mail. It said that my visa had expired, and that I had 30 days to vacate Canada. I tried to get my Visa extended, but its based on a point test, and I was a few points short. If I could speak French, I think I would have been able to stay.

* - More specifically, when I first moved there, I lived on Davie Street. If you're familiar with Vancouver at all, you'll know that this is the LGBT area of town. I found the apartment on Craigslist before I moved to Canada, and I had no idea. It was fun, but when my leave ran out, I moved to the Commercial Drive area. I really miss Vancouver.

Dancy, what would be your dream job?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Dancy, what would be your dream job?
    My dream job would be Creative Director of SCEA (Sony Computer Entertainment of America. Basically PlayStation USA.)

So, you got a plan?

You gonna be at Coach this year, and if so where are you staying?

So, you got a plan?
    You mean for my career? Sure. The next step is to start producing my own games here at F9E, then after I get a couple credits as Producer or Executive Producer, I'll start looking for a smaller studio that makes PlayStation exclusives. Guerilla Games would be my first choice. I'd go there for a couple years and then become their Creative Director. Shortly afterwards, Sony will recruit me and ask me to design the Playstation 5.

You gonna be at Coach this year, and if so where are you staying?
    Of course. I'm staying with Camp All Alone, like I always do.

It's 11:38PM on a Friday night, you're having a beer at your local haunt. There are five women lingering around the bar.

Two of them are obvious friends with each other and are having a stimulating conversation. One is a blonde with a athletic body, the other has black hair and a fit body. The blonde approaches you and asks if you want to participate in some of their nightly activities. The activities include a 3some with some of the dirtiest acts you can imagine; golden showers, BDSM, S&M, sadomasochism acts. Both have been recently checked for STDs and have clean results.

The third woman at the bar is a redhead and has been eying you all night, she seems curious about you but slightly distant. She has an decent body with a few extra pounds on her. After an hour of conversation, she decides to ask you back to her place. You arrive at her place and find that her entire house is decked out with ICP posters, dolls and lava lamps. You reluctantly sit down on her couch that has an ICP blanket draped over the top cushions. After some discussion about upcoming nightly antics, you find that she is only a little nasty and seriously wants you to dominate her for the evening.

The fourth lady at the bar is well dressed, sporting diamonds; platinum and gold rings including a necklace adorned with sapphires. This lady is a little on the hefty side but still looks beautiful. She seemed reluctant to talk to you at all because you are drinking a beer, but after some chat, you start an engaging conversation with her. She finally asks your to her place and you both are whisked away in her limo. Upon arrival to her estate, you find the house is a mansion from the 1910's. There are priceless works of art situated all over the house as well as statue replicas of the finest Roman art pieces. You sit down on a lavish 1700's French love seat, sip some wine and begin to discuss the evening's activities. She wishes to have dirty raunchy sex on top of a priceless piece of French art with no regard to the damage it might cause to the painting.

The fifth and final woman at the bar seems refreshingly normal. She is athletic, but is an inch taller than you and has dreads. After many beers and some talk of video games, she asks you back to her dwelling. You drive with her for two hours to the forest outside of of the city. She leads you down a trail that is quite some distance from the road. You arrive upon a tree house that is well build to withstand the elements. It is cozy inside as she offers you some Bhang tea with a side of mushrooms. She wishes to dominate you on a bed of dried leaves and wants to make you her slave as you begin to feel the effects of the psychedelics she has fed you.

These women are any ethnicity you wish them to be.

Which of these women would you go home with and why?
    Last edited by Theijuiel; 03-08-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

^did you type that up yourself?

dance,

has that psyco ex gf of yours tried texting you lately? and did you text her back again like a lil b...

Yes, I typed that up myself.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

I think Juiels has ask the best question ever in this whole thread like i want to answer his question.
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    The fourth lady at the bar is well dressed, sporting diamonds; platinum and gold rings including a necklace adorned with sapphires. This lady is a little on the hefty side but still looks beautiful. She seemed reluctant to talk to you at all because you are drinking a beer, but after some chat, you start an engaging conversation with her. She finally asks your to her place and you both are whisked away in her limo. Upon arrival to her estate, you find the house is a mansion from the 1910's. There are priceless works of art situated all over the house as well as statue replicas of the finest Roman art pieces. You sit down on a lavish 1700's French love seat, sip some wine and begin to discuss the evening's activities. She wishes to have dirty raunchy sex on top of a priceless piece of French art with no regard to the damage it might cause to the painting.

Which of these women would you go home with and why?
    I would go with the rich lady. Not really because there was anything specifically appealing about her, but most of the other choices were based around some weird S&M or Golden Showers or something, and I'm not into that. Also, it seems like it would be fun to
    have dirty raunchy sex on top of a priceless piece of French art with no regard to the damage it might cause to the painting.
    But really, my favorite part is this:

These women are any ethnicity you wish them to be.
    If they can be any ethnicity I want, then the girl with dreads is an alien from Venus, and her mushrooms are fucking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    has that psyco ex gf of yours tried texting you lately? and did you text her back again like a lil b...
    I never texted her back, but a couple days later, she called me. I had just gotten a new phone, and I was trying to ignore the call, but I guess I accidently answered it, but then just put my phone back in my pocket, because she texted me again later on saying that she had been listening to my conversation. What a considerate girl.

Who is your favorite villain?
    Translation

Last.fm

What is OK short for?
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

What was your first concert and when?

Who is your favorite villain?
    Do you mean from comic books, or movies, or just in general?

Here are a few:

Talia Al Ghul - Daughter of Ra's Al Ghul and the mother of Batman's son, Damian, who is currently Robin:

Travis, from Taxi Driver. Self explanatory:

The Black Hand:

Larfleeze:

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    What is OK short for?
    oklahoma. fuck those guys.

What was your first concert and when?
    7th grade, the Astrodome. Marilyn Manson opened for Nine Inch Nails. Must've been like 1994 or 1995.

Top 5 songs you want to hear this year at Coachella.

Top 5 songs you want to hear this year at Coachella.
    Black History Month
    Setting Sun
    The Reflex
    Peacebone
    Monkey 23

Yeah, I know... most of those songs probably won't get played, but I can hope, right?