Page 348 of 454 FirstFirst ... 343344345346347348349350351352353 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,440 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

  1. #10411
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What's your least favorite minority?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  2. #10412
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Walking Dead aside, tell me about some graphic novels and comics you've enjoyed.

  3. #10413
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Kylie, to make this about me for a minute, thank you for suggesting that I would be a pretty baby maker. I think.


    Kylie, how do you feel about feminism as a movement? How do you feel about the designation "feminist" as it currently applies?

    Kylie, if you were going to make a biographical mix tape describing your life, what would be on it?

  4. #10414
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,319

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Jack Mormons can be really fun. Just FYI.

    K, if you could change one thing about your life right now what would it be?

  5. #10415
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quality questions. This is going well. Keep 'em coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  6. #10416
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Just saw the "war hardened body" thing. Crikey.

  7. #10417
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    How 'bout "He's not Mormon, so polygamy is out of the question"?

    Kylie, Triceratops or T Rex? Most recent regret?

    Worst memory? Happiest memory? Proudest memory?
    Don't crush my dreams.

    Triceratops. I think they are more interesting looking, but I like that TRex have little arms.

    My most recent regret was either taking a friendship for granted or placing too much trust in someone that didn't deserve it. I'm still trying to navigate through some of it.

    Worst memory was right after my 7th grade spring concert. I went over to my best friends house to get ready even though my step-mother wanted me to get ready at our home. I sang my first solo during "Danny Boy". I went to find my family afterwards and was greeted by my mother with flowers. One of my sisters was there, my dad, and my grandparents. They all hugged me and told me that I did a fantastic job. The first thing out of my step-mother's mouth was that I should have gotten ready at home because I looked awful. My hair was a mess and I wasn't wearing enough make-up. It broke my heart.

    Happiest memory was at my graduation party. I had all of my family with me and had the BEST food. The icing on the cake was when my dad got teary eye'd. He isn't the emotional type, but was so proud and nervous for me that he got all choked up. I was the only person in my immediate family to graduate, so to everyone it was a really big deal.

    Proudest memory was winning nationals in cheerleading my senior year or successfully giving a speech to over 10,000 people.

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Kylie, how do you treat religious fanatics, Mormon or otherwise, when they knock on your door? Just curious. I get a lot of Mormons coming to check on us because my husband won't officially leave the LDS church.
    I usually open the door and greet them. Sometimes, I listen to their beliefs because it's interesting to me. I think Jehovah's Witnesses are fascinating. I usually end up explaining nicely that I do not share those beliefs. Either way, respect. I do believe they should be treated as I expect to be treated. I have a few times just hid in my bedroom as they knocked because I was not ready for an exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  8. #10418
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Kylie, how do you feel about Episcopalianism? the gay bishop kind I mean?
    I don't have any knowledge about this type of structure. I was raised Lutheran. We don't have bishops. However, I love the gays.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    What's your favorite chemical everrr?
    acetylsalicylic acid because I get a lot of headaches.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    What's your least favorite minority?
    Fucking Mexicans taking all our jobs. My step-mom's side of my family hates Mexicans because they are Puerto Rican and hate being mistaken for them. Anyway. None really.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Walking Dead aside, tell me about some graphic novels and comics you've enjoyed.
    I am currently reading Sandman and am about halfway through that. My avatar is Delirium from that series. I really like the artwork. It's not as compelling of a plot as The Walking Dead, but it's still really fascinating. They really created a interesting concept with the different realms. It's a very creative work. Here is my favorite interpretation of Delirium:



    I think it's just completely and utterly gorgeous.

    I am going to try reading The Last Man the next time I get in the mood to read a comic, but I am going to take a break and read some novels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  9. #10419
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Kylie, to make this about me for a minute, thank you for suggesting that I would be a pretty baby maker. I think.


    Kylie, how do you feel about feminism as a movement? How do you feel about the designation "feminist" as it currently applies?

    Kylie, if you were going to make a biographical mix tape describing your life, what would be on it?
    It was meant to be a compliment. You have great genes that I'd pass along to children.

    I think that it's important to define and defend out economic, political and social rights as an equal sex. It is also important to be vocal about women's issues. I think that feminists get a bad name from extremists that fight for a lot of the same rights. Some extremist in feminism look down on women that choose to stay home, mother children, and cook while I think that with the equality comes the right to choose. I also think that many people mistake a feminist for just pro-women when a true feminist is interested in the liberation of males as well. That being said, I do not classify myself as a feminist because I feel that their is a certain chivalry that men should possess that sort of contradicts really strict feminist beliefs. Also, the extremists that call themselves feminists ruin the movement.

    I hope I didn't sound too daft discussing the above topic.

    Portishead because of the vulnerability and self consciousness that Beth portrays has been a huge part of my life.
    DFA or something equally as aggressive sounding because as a child I'd get into a lot of fist fights.
    Radiohead because some of their lyrics just hit some of the lows I've had in my life. (I want to be someone else or I'll explode.)
    Peter Bjorn & John or Belle & Sebestian because at some points I've been upbeat and cheerful.
    PJ Harvey because she's strong and sometimes abrasive and I've been at this point in my life, too.
    Lykke Li because she writes about love the way I feel it.
    Massive Attack because I'd like to consider myself a sensual being.
    I'm stuck on a female artist that write about maternal things. I've taken care of a lot of babes growing up and possess that quality still.
    I'm sure I could list more, but I think this hits most points in my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Jack Mormons can be really fun. Just FYI.

    K, if you could change one thing about your life right now what would it be?
    I would be taking classes and pursuing my degree. I miss learning. But, soon. Soon I will be changing this.
    Last edited by Kyliediscope; 02-16-2011 at 07:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  10. #10420
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,831

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I see. I would assume that a person as intelligent as he seems would steer clear of a religion that is so bat shit insane.
    makes perfect sense, mormons are some of the most boring motherfuckers on the face of the earth, and they're kittens compared to catholics. stop talking from your ass...

  11. #10421
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Does Grandma have a question for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  12. #10422
    Member Grandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Putting the "ass" in assisted living
    Posts
    1,831

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    malcolm already asked a fart question...

  13. #10423
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    28,002

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Kylie, if you were going to make a biographical mix tape describing your life, what would be on it?
    This has thread potential. Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  14. #10424
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post



    Fucking Mexicans taking all our jobs. My step-mom's side of my family hates Mexicans because they are Puerto Rican and hate being mistaken for them. Anyway. None really.
    And I hate being mistaken for a Puerto Rican. Mostly, I get the Asian thing.

    Kylie, earlier you mentioned that you enjoyed Frank Sinatra.
    Are you a fan of any other singers from that era?
    I am partial to Ella Fitzgerald.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  15. #10425
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,997

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    This has thread potential. Just sayin'
    indeed. my favorite question that i've seen in this thread.

    (nice answer as well, K. way to lay it all out like that)
    Last edited by GeezrRckr; 02-16-2011 at 06:53 PM.

  16. #10426
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by AndLeoObre View Post
    Has anything come of this? I hadnt known about the attn whore thing till a few pages ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    So I get that you're an attention whore and I assume you have posted pictures left and right and I know I have seen some. But for the sake of my laziness and as a summary of your attention whoredom, could you (or somebody else) please post a compilation of pictures of you?
    Someone suggest an appropriate amount for the compilation and then I'll have everything answered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    And I hate being mistaken for a Puerto Rican. Mostly, I get the Asian thing.

    Kylie, earlier you mentioned that you enjoyed Frank Sinatra.
    Are you a fan of any other singers from that era?
    I am partial to Ella Fitzgerald.
    I'm a big fan of hers as well. I did "Someone To Watch Over Me" before.


    I also like Dinah Washington and Billie Holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  17. #10427
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    indeed. my favorite question that i've seen in this thread.

    (nice answer as well, K. way to lay it all out like that)
    I think it would be great to make an actual list of songs, but I think that would take me days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  18. #10428
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,997

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    you answered it perfectly. move on to the fart and anal drug ingestion questions now.

  19. #10429
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    you answered it perfectly. move on to the fart and anal drug ingestion questions now.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    My sisters and I would try to fart in each other's faces growing up. It was some sort of fucked up contest where nobody won.

    I have like 8 rolls in my anus RIGHT now. Going hard on Tuesday. Untz, untz, untz.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Let's get lost tonight.
    I FINALLY got this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  20. #10430
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandma View Post
    makes perfect sense, mormons are some of the most boring motherfuckers on the face of the earth, and they're kittens compared to catholics. stop talking from your ass...
    No David, I am pretty sure that the religion that considers black people "fallen angels" unable to reach the highest level of heaven takes the gold in the bat shit insane department.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  21. #10431
    old school Kyliediscope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fistpimping
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    No, no. Please. Don't let it become something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

  22. #10432
    Member AndLeoObre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    Someone suggest an appropriate amount for the compilation and then I'll have everything answered.
    Eight
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    What is lulz?? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The 28th is the middle of March?? Holy CRAP its 56 days long!??!?! June just got OWN'D!

  23. #10433
    Coachella Junkie weeklymix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,332

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Do girls poop?

  24. #10434
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Ok, Kylie. I wont fight him.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  25. #10435
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,896

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    i haven't asked this in a while: What is your ultimate physical pain story?

  26. #10436
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Hey Cap, explain your Anna Paquin sig please? i must know!

  27. #10437
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,455

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Would you spend the next two years of your life as a clubfooted drooling hunchback with a lazy eye if it meant that afterward you'd be instantly transformed into your personal ideal of physical beauty for the rest of your life? You experience no physical pain, but must continue to live out your current life among your current acquaintances.

  28. #10438
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Kylie,

    Tell us about the three moments in your life that best match these descriptions:

    1. Supernatural

    2. Kafkaesque

    3. Schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  29. #10439
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,881

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    No David, I am pretty sure that the religion that considers black people "fallen angels" unable to reach the highest level of heaven takes the gold in the bat shit insane department.
    Correct.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  30. #10440
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,645

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    "Hey girls, hey boys, Superstar DJ's, here we go!"
    Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    Okay the real story is that I've always been an ugly duck at my high school and have only had one dream-- to be kissed soulfully. The only way this dream could be realized was if I became a superstar. So, I joined my talent show where I used my fellow special education classmates, my grandma's advice, and Jesus to help me win.
    I'm not going to pretend to have the capacity to answer anything about politics.

    I hope you praised Jesus for helping to boost your ego back then, Kylie. Now, I'm curious about the classmates you used. Were they used as props to make you look smart, or were you simply utilizing them as stage hands in the talent show? And if you don't mind sharing...What exactly was the advice your grandmother gave you? Would it possibly be, "When all else fails, flash your tits?"

    Ah, and before you say a thing, first let me apologize for my faux paus in another thread the other day. I believe I was referencing your board title, and blurted out Board Whore instead of Board Attention Whore...There is a difference, isn't there?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Similar Threads

  1. Board members who make music
    By corbo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 10:22 PM
  2. If this board had 95,000,000 members
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
  3. CBM Impressions of Board Members
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
  4. Hey Board Members...should I or shouldn't I???
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. PF/VET BOARD MEMBERS..... HELP ME....
    By take2andpass in forum Passes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •