Page 347 of 454 FirstFirst ... 342343344345346347348349350351352 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,410 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Oh my god. I have a lot of work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Tim's question earns an A+, but I want clarification: is it all iterations of violin, or are fiddles allowed to remain? That's important.
    I think it should be all iterations/similar: violins, violas, cellos, contrabass, fiddles, and those weird things that Asian people play in the subway that make a shrill sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Shamisen
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Shamisen
    No, I was thinking more like an erhu:

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

I assummed Japanese and you went Chinese on me.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    If given the opportunity to meet ANY past president of our nation, who would it be and why?

If given the opportunity to witness one event regardless of time, importance or place... what would it be and why?
    I would want to meet Abe Lincoln because of this:

It's really for many reasons. Keeping the union together was an impossible task that he managed to accomplish. His speeches are incredible. He managed to do this with cycles of depression and bipolarism.

If it were in the past I would say the fall of the Berlin wall. It's just such a symbol of change. But, if I could choose something in the future I'd like to be present for first contact. I just think with a the universe being so unknown that there is bound to be some other world with living organisms. I want to be there when we first meet them.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I shall ask this correctly:

please post a picture of your favorite simpsons character.
    One of these two:

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    If you could have sexual relations with anyone in history born before the 1930's. Who would it be?
    Mata Hari. The first ever femme fatale or supposedly. I figure that if she could seduce military leaders and get them to confide their secrets to her that she must be good at what she does. It's fascinating. I figure we could have a romp and then share some wine as we discuss her adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by meowlouder View Post
    If you could have sexual relations with anyone in history born after 1993 whose last name rhymes with Schlieber, who would it be?
    Beiber? I'd rather go through genital mutilation.

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica View Post
    oh wow, so sorry.....deleting all of my posts including this one......I suck guys

Edit: I'll leave this one up for clarity
    Now, it looks like Hannah and Ms. Meow are having an argument.
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by thecapsulettes View Post
    If it were in the past I would say the fall of the Berlin wall. It's just such a symbol of change.
    The case could be made that we're witnessing our generation's version of that whole era (not just the Berlin wall, but the Soviet Bloc as a whole collapsing) right now... Tunisia=>Egypt=>Numerous other countries...

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    You kinda made it known in chat last night, but share with the rest of the board your stance on Joe Paterno (since you're from the area)-

Let him coach until he keels over and dies, or should the Penn St brass finally drag him out, kicking and screaming?
    Joe Paterno has become a staple part of the past and present of The Pennsylvania State University. He lives and strolls around campus. He has so much dedication and love for that school and takes the time out to talk to any student that approaches him.

I had the pleasure of hearing him speak the night before the first day in 2008 at Beaver Stadium and he told a story about when Penn State and another team tied for National Champions and the president gave the title to the other team. Then, he was called up and offered an award for most wins and he told the president to shove it up his ass.

My point is. He loves what he is doing and if you look at the statistics under his leadership you can see that he is good at it. I think he should stay until he wants to retire, which is never. As he gets older, I know he has less and less responsibility, but they won't get rid of him. He does too much for the school itself. He raised money for a $34.4 million dollar expansion to the Pattee Library a little while before I started going there.

If he were to map out the rest of his life I guarantee you that he would coach for the rest of it with his pant legs rolled up, live with his wife on a beautiful campus, and eventually die on the field that he has been a head coach on since 1966. Penn State won't hold classes every year on the day of his death. He is that much a part of the history.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    And since you said you really haven't had a job you hated... Your newest one- Likes? Dislikes? And elaborate to the masses what you're currently doing.
    I work at a flower shop. What we do it take orders from across the country and place them with flower shops where the recipient lives. So, I work in sales and sell flowers all day. I like it because it's busy and I like working early. I dislike that it's slowing down since the holiday is over and that some of our prices are outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Kylie what is your best real-life fart-related story?
    My sisters and I would try to fart in each other's faces growing up. It was some sort of fucked up contest where nobody won.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    thecapsulettes.

Peanut butter; creamy or crunchy?

PBAJ; more peanut butter or more jelly?

Most cherished item of clothing?

Musical artist/band that has most been a part of your life?
    I prefer crunchy, but eat smooth more often.

It has to be a reasonable ratio, but I definitely put a little bit more jam on. Not jelly, but jam or preserves. Blackberry & strawberry are my favorite.

I have a zip up knit sweater that is sort of itchy, but really comfortable and has a rip in one of the sleeves that was my grandfathers. I cherish that.

Frank Sinatra. This might seem like a really strange answer and I don't even really listen to him much anymore, but I grew up singing. Jazz vocals were my favorite, so I'd sing a lot of his songs during performances.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    K,

1. What are your go-to websites other than this one?
    2. Where do you get your news from?
    3. What are you LEAST looking forward to about the whole Coachella 2011 experience?
    1. I use facebook a lot, gmail, last.fm, craigslist. Nothing really fascinating.
    2. I always read the news articles on the front page of yahoo when signing into my e-mail, but if I want to know what is going on currently I usually go to the NYT website.
    3. I am least looking forward to the recovery afterwards. Last year took a lot out of me and I assume the same this year.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    have you ever ingested drugs via anus?
    I have like 8 rolls in my anus RIGHT now. Going hard on Tuesday. Untz, untz, untz.

Quote Originally Posted by AndLeoObre View Post
    Has anything come of this? I hadnt known about the attn whore thing till a few pages ago.
    I asked how many pictures this compilation should consist of and was never answered.
    PLURcenta

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Kylie,

1. The Gods are punishing mankind and are letting you choose between three punishments, which do you choose: Erase all the music that contains a guitar, erase all the music that contains a violin, or erase all the music that contains a piano? Why did you pick what you picked? Keep in mind, the instrument you erase can never be used again, and those songs will vanish from our memories.

2. We have further angered the Gods, and as the spokesperson for mankind, they have once again allowed you to decide on the outcomes of a punishment. This time, without warning anybody, choose the continent that will vanish forever and be replaced by an empty, desolate ocean: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, or Africa? (Note: You cannot choose Antarctica or Australia.) Why did you choose those poor people?

3. Because we cursed them for our punishments, the Gods have once again decided to ruin humanity, and have once again chosen you as the decider. Pick the taxonomy that will suffer a brutal extinction: Birds or Fish? Why?

4. The world continues to fall into heresy and madness. The Gods are further enraged and they wish to do away with humanity even more by torturing all of us. You must pick the plants that will vanish forever: Plants that produce fruits or plants that don't produce fruits? Why?

5. You learn that you can undo all of this damage by sleeping with suprefan. Do you do it?
    1. No matter what I pick I am getting rid of a good chunk of my library, but I will say piano. I think the guitar is a necessity as most music features it and violins can move me to tears. Some of my favorite artists just use it. So much culture would be lost.

2. Africa. It is on the lower side of % total population and I am trying to think of any goods or services this continent provides that would be detrimental to the world if lost and I am not coming up with anything.

3. Birds because they are annoying outside of my window. I also feel as though fish would be important in this time of crisis because they would feed more of the population and we could go fishing a lot easier than catching birds.

4. I prefer raw fruit to raw vegetables. However, I think there are so many more things that can be done with vegetables. Many more dishes to create. So, it would be necessary to keep the plants that don't produce fruit. But, I will fucking miss grilled pineapple, baked apples, and so many other delicious fruit dishes.

5. It would be completely and utterly selfish of me to say no. Of course, for the good of music, entire populations of people, species, and god damn fruit I would have to. But, it's be me fucking him in the ass with a strap on and only that. I would probably vomit so much I'd end up looking like Kate Moss.
    PLURcenta

Kylie: worst sex you've ever had.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Let's get lost tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Kylie: worst sex you've ever had.
    I've slept with a guy whose penis was so minuscule that I derived no pleasure from it. HOWEVER, that moment was only topped by my ex-fiancée. First of all, he wasn't that adventurous in the bedroom. But, I still enjoyed being with him because I loved him. He was also a Marine. Anyway, we're going at it and then he starts saying shit like, "Uh, look at this war hardened body," and "I'm a hero" as well as, "your doing your duty to the USA." I couldn't help but laugh at him and just utterly baffled by how that would sound like something sexy to say in his head.
    PLURcenta

DID YOU SALUTE?

No, but he did put his dog tags on me.
    PLURcenta

Awwwwww yeah.

*unbelievably rare compliment alert*

Kylie, I just want to tell you that I've just consulted with another member, and we both agreed that you're not anywhere near as annoying as you used to be.

Congrats on hanging in there.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 02-16-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'll go a step further and say that if a name change is all that's required to effect this kind of metamorphosis, then I have an idea that would improve the board as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Thank you. I stopped trying so hard and started acting like myself.
    PLURcenta

what does 'capsulettes' mean or refer to?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Kylie,

Win vs. James. 3 pro's and con's, and who would you rather pork?

kthxbai
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Tom, I answered this a little while back. It was some kind of video project title or something like that.

And, goddmanit, Devin. I am going to have to think about this one.
    PLURcenta

James Murphy

Pros
    1. He has that awesome stubbly beardy face. He shaved it recently, but it will grow back and I'll fall in love again.
    2. He's fluffy. He looks like I could go out and have a good time with him and come home to have a nice cuddle. He also looks like he'd eat all the food I made and it would give me tons of reasons to cook for him.
    3. He has an amazing sarcastic sense of humor and that is really important to me.
    Cons
    1. He probably does a lot of blow. Like snowy mountains full of blow.
    2. He loves NYC so damn much, which would be fine, but the winters there are miserable.
    3. He's probably too old for me. Well, he is too old for me. Trophy wife?

Win Butler

Pro
    1. He is awkward and nerdy, which is endearing. I love that weirdness.
    2. He's really tall, large, and his a nice derrière. I find him attractive.
    3. He's really passionate about improving lives. Particularly in Haiti, but to have that much passion about something positive is fantastic.
    Con
    1. He's already married. He doesn't wear his ring, though. So allow me to speculate.
    2. He tends to have really unflattering hair cuts.
    3. Montreal gets fucking cold.

In the end I'm more attracted to Win Butler and feel like I could keep up with his lifestyle a lot more than James.
    Or you know. Both?
    Last edited by Kyliediscope; 02-16-2011 at 02:58 PM.
    PLURcenta

He's mormon?

Really?
    last.fm

[Interjection]

Comes from a Mormon family ("But like, martini drinking Mormons"), but philosophically seems to be agnostic. I played up the Mormon thing for comedic effect while implying that Kylie intentionally footboobed him at the LA show in a recent conversation.

[/Interjection]

Okay I will pick a new reason. Also, Will is listed on a "famous Mormon" website.
    PLURcenta

I see. I would assume that a person as intelligent as he seems would steer clear of a religion that is so bat shit insane.

Offense intended if anyone here subscribes to that nonsense.
    last.fm

How 'bout "He's not Mormon, so polygamy is out of the question"?

Kylie, Triceratops or T Rex? Most recent regret?

Worst memory? Happiest memory? Proudest memory?

Kylie, how do you treat religious fanatics, Mormon or otherwise, when they knock on your door? Just curious. I get a lot of Mormons coming to check on us because my husband won't officially leave the LDS church.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Kylie, how do you feel about Episcopalianism? the gay bishop kind I mean?

What's your favorite chemical everrr?