Page 339 of 454 FirstFirst ... 334335336337338339340341342343344 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,170 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

You seem to have a lot of Boston references even though your location is Cali. Are you originally from Boston, or am I way off on this? Favorite sports teams pro or college?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

If you were to describe an act of true loyalty that you have experienced or witnessed, what would it be and who performed it?

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    You seem to have a lot of Boston references even though your location is Cali. Are you originally from Boston, or am I way off on this? Favorite sports teams pro or college?
    not from boston just a red sox fan, and the jonathan richman thing was just a coincidence.

but yeah favorite sports team would be the red sox. i always liked rooting for the underdog, and the red sox were it at least until 04'. i try to see them whenever they come play the angels, and it's funny how over the years the red sox fans have got more annoying. i guess it's due to them winning in 04', and being picked on by yankee fans all those years. kind of like a kid who gets picked in school, then later becomes the bully. one day i'd like to go to fenway. i don't really have a college team i root for.
    Last edited by buddy; 05-26-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Haven't asked this in a while...could you please tell us you all time worst physical pain story?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

can you please tell us about the one that got away?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

What is the first album you ever bought? Has that artist/band had any significant impact on your musical tastes x-amount of years later?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you were to describe an act of true loyalty that you have experienced or witnessed, what would it be and who performed it?
    i can't say i remember a specific act i experienced or witnessed, but i have a friend who i always know will have my back on things. he's pretty loyal. i guess it has to do with us growing up together (him not having any brothers, and my closest sibling being six years younger than me), so we're pretty close. he likes to joke that if ever killed anybody he'd be my A.C. driving the white bronco to Mexico. i don't have any plans to do such a thing, but i guess if i ever get wrongly accused of such a thing it's nice to know someone's there.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Haven't asked this in a while...could you please tell us you all time worst physical pain story?
    i've always hated spiders. hated. i grew up on a ranch for a few years with my grandparents, so there was always spiders in corners, in the shower, etc. point being a few years ago, while sleeping in my apartment without a blanket, because of the over 100 degree heat, i got bit by one on my right leg. not sure what kind it was, but i was awaken to the extreme pain. i think i pounded the bed in pain for a few minutes, then fell back asleep. about three years later i still have the spider bite marks on my right leg, which will probably be with me forever. i don't sleep without a blanket anymore.
    Last edited by buddy; 05-26-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    can you please tell us about the one that got away?
    i always think about that joke from funny people when i hear "the one that got away," that guys and serial killers always have that in common.

anyways, her name was alexandra. i had a sense she probably liked me. i usually have to be hit over the head with it, because i can never tell. and that's probably why i ended up a girl who came on strong, and i could tell obviously liked me. not long after alexandra moved away, and the relationship with the other girl didn't go on much longer. i still think about alexandra sometimes. she was smart, pretty, and funny, so i know i missed out.

What is the first album you ever bought?
    i know when i was younger i begged my mom to buy me micheal jackson's dangerous album, but the first one(s) i bought for myself were probably through that columbia house thing where you get 10 cds for a penny. in it were probably notrious big's ready to die, wu-tang's 36 chambers, zapp and roger greatest hits, nirvana mtv unplugged album, and some other ones i can't remember.

Has that artist/band had any significant impact on your musical tastes x-amount of years later?
    even though there were a few cds, i guess ready to die and 36 chambers, lead me to listen to more east coast rap, which i wasn't doing at the time. like nas, and delve further years later into things like a tribe called quest and black star. nirvana's mtv unplugged helped me think rock could be cool again after glam/hair bands of the 80s. later when i would come back to unplugged and seek out david bowie albums, and the meat puppets II.
    Last edited by buddy; 05-26-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here.

Extra credit if you give everybody a good codename.
    I want to ask this of you, too.

I'm craving sashimi/sushi right now. Do you like it? What is your favorite?

BUDDY:

Dinosaur best suited for riding? Dinosaur best suited for eating?

Board member that looks most like a dinosaur?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    i still think about alexandra sometimes. she was smart, pretty, and funny, so i know i missed out.
    Crushingblows™.

You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here.

great question, hannah. i will take some creative freedom here.

MJA - Codename: The Chameleon - A master of disguise and imitation, who is able to blend into any situation. True identity unknown to even the group itself. Also, the squad's resident party animal.
    Blackswan - Codename: Blackswan - The muscle and the military expert. Blackswan is stand-offish at times, yet is protective of squad at others.
    Hannahrain - Codename: Sinister Kid - Highly educated member of the group, with an equally sharp wit. Whenever a situation presents itself that requires analytical thought Sinister Kid is there. Additionally, keeps the morale of the group up, with her jokes.
    Still-ill - Codename: Bernard - The computer expert. Played a part in the creation of the cyborg, which now threaten civilization. Warned the CEOs of the cyborg corporation of the impending danger, and now fights to destroy what he helped create.
    PotVsKtl - Codename: KtlVsPot - The wildcard of the group. Expert in drunken monkey fighting style, and code cracker. Codenamed KtlVsPot due his schizophrenic behavior, which will lead to a dramatic scene in movie, in which a code needs to be cracked before a countdown hits zero, but will ultimately be resolved in the ways action movies always do.

Quote Originally Posted by mickflyy View Post
    I'm craving sashimi/sushi right now. Do you like it? What is your favorite?
    honestly, i'm not a fan of seafood, but i'm open to trying this at least once. so, you might offer me better advice then i can to you.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    BUDDY:

Dinosaur best suited for riding? Dinosaur best suited for eating?

Board member that looks most like a dinosaur?
    best suited for riding: brontosaurus just so you can slide off them fred flintstone style afterwards

best suited for eating: any type of fish dinosaur i would guess, or any dinosaur that doesn't have a better change of eating you first.

board member that looks most like a dinosaur: i guess you could insert a joke about older members of the board here.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Crushingblows™.
    crushingblows, indeed
    Last edited by buddy; 05-28-2010 at 11:55 AM.

i love that hannah is the sinister kid.

let's say you're a mad scientist who gets involved in a highly-publicized scandal. what is your scandalous discovery?

MJA - Codename: The Chameleon - A master of disguise and imitation, who is able to blend into any situation. True identity unknown to even the group itself. Also, the squad's resident party animal.
    Blackswan - Codename: Blackswan - The muscle and the military expert. Blackswan is stand-offish at times, yet is protective of squad at others.
    Hannahrain - Codename: Sinister Kid - Highly educated member of the group, with an equally sharp wit. Whenever a situation presents itself that requires analytical thought Sinister Kid is there. Additionally, keeps the morale of the group up, with her jokes.
    Still-ill - Codename: Bernard - The computer expert. Played a part in the creation of the cyborg, which now threaten civilization. Warned the CEOs of the cyborg corporation of the impending danger, and now fights to destroy what he helped create.
    PotVsKtl - Codename: KtlVsPot - The wildcard of the group. Expert in drunken monkey fighting style, and code cracker. Codenamed KtlVsPot due his schizophrenic behavior, which will lead to a dramatic scene in movie, in which a code needs to be cracked before a countdown hits zero, but will ultimately be resolved in the ways action movies always do.
    Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    let's say you're a mad scientist who gets involved in a highly-publicized scandal. what is your scandalous discovery?
    another great question. my discovery will discount the belief that humans and dinosaurs were the earths only inhabitants. i will present a new two-legged species, which remains i found in the uninhabitable mountains of iceland. traveling to various large cities around the earth i will display the remains of this species for all to see. experts in the field will verify that the remains in fact predate the dinosaurs. my book "your god don't know shit," which i will write shortly after, will top the new york times best seller list. months later, i will be outed as the fraud i am when my "so-called" experts, slighted by need for fame, but more so my lack of payment, will tell of how i scripted their answers to meet my needs. shortly after, i will visit the oprah show to tell me side, but the damage will be done. i will since be known as "laughenstein."

i cleared with it shakermaker my mix recipient from the mix exchange thread, but here's my mix for those interested.

edit: it's a collection of some songs i enjoy not necessarily my favorite, but it might say something about me, although i'm not sure what that is just yet. also, the wedding present song is mislabeled the wedding presents, so you'll have to fix that if you download.
    Last edited by buddy; 05-31-2010 at 07:08 PM.

also, still-ill/bernard/bryan has accepted the role for the next "get to know you" person, but he can't start till next week. so, i think he'll make an appearance then.
    Last edited by buddy; 06-02-2010 at 09:43 PM.

Wheels Of Cheese

You can call me Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

i would totally read your god don't know shit!!!

Wheels Of Cheese

I wish I knew what you were talking about...
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

she's talking about my hypothetical book from one of the questions I answered of hers.

by the way still, what's the best piece of advice you've received?

band or singer, alive or dead, you would want to play at your wedding?

and little known fact about yourself that friends and family might not even know about?
    Last edited by buddy; 06-02-2010 at 08:23 PM.

I want to ask this of you too, too.

Bryan,

How often do people misspell your name, using an I instead of a Y? Does it frustrate you?

Sincerely,
    Bryan.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I'm an extremely handsome sorcerer. If you give me one of your toes, I'll make you fluent in a language to the point of crafting brilliant prose and heartwrenching poetry on par with the native greats. We can repeat the cycle until you're out of toes. How many toes do you give me, and what do you learn as a result?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Horace,

Where you stay? Where you from? First Coachella? What Year?
    If you curated Coachella, who would be your 3 big names each day? (not worrying about how much said acts cost or if they would sell tickets)

Sincerly,
    Al
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Wheels Of Cheese

by the way still, what's the best piece of advice you've received?
    "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
    -Grandma Solveig

band or singer, alive or dead, you would want to play at your wedding?
    Gang of Four.

and little known fact about yourself that friends and family might not even know about?
    That I lost my virginity on a cruise ship, in the galley.

5 man team... 6 is too fucking many people.
    MJA/Rattle-Thrush Steve- 10 years before the occupation, this fellow stole the hearts of many a cyborg woman. Envious actions have led the cyborgs to name this man enemy #1. That is why I needed him on my team... the male equivalent of a Bond Girl. MJA is an intelligence expert, leeching all needed info from goverment office staff. His methods are mostly unknown, all I do know is the supply closet is involved.

Spinecraft/The Adenoid- The Adenoid is a Chemical warfare mastermind who helped rebel groups in Turkey usurp the Ottoman throne. His methods are crude and often demeaning. Used his knowledge in Musical Therapy to create a sort of anti-thesis in aural torture. Useful, but he comes with a price.

Hahhahrain/Black Rain Cloud Dick- Hypnotist to Cyborgs. I thought it was impossible to put a cyborg to sleep, but one night while watching late night television I saw this individual putting fully grown male cyborgs into a deep trance, and eventually putting them to sleep. It seems she uses a toxin that consists of vodka and ginger root to give her some extrasensory abilities, then she reads from a tome on the dark art of hypnotism. The book is written by Tim Robbings.

BonerfromGrowingPains/Banana Mead- Martial Arts expert and my personal body guard. Spent three years on a bluff in Tibet chanting to the rhythms of the wind. He can do some crazy shit now.

I'm the 5th member, I hold the walkie talkie.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Bryan,

How often do people misspell your name, using an I instead of a Y? Does it frustrate you?

Sincerely,
    Bryan.
    Every day of my life. My best friends mom still does it all the time... which is ridiculous because I've been telling her for about 6 years now that it is incorrect. My aunt also does it. It really bugs me when people I know do it to me.

It is even more annoying when the put two "r"s in Horace.

I'm an extremely handsome sorcerer. If you give me one of your toes, I'll make you fluent in a language to the point of crafting brilliant prose and heartwrenching poetry on par with the native greats. We can repeat the cycle until you're out of toes. How many toes do you give me, and what do you learn as a result?
    I gave you 4 toes. I learned:
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, there are 10 toes and hundreds of African dialects? Fool me four times!? Fucking Austronesian, man?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Horace,

Where you stay? Where you from? First Coachella? What Year?
    If you curated Coachella, who would be your 3 big names each day? (not worrying about how much said acts cost or if they would sell tickets)

Sincerly,
    Al
    I stay in LA. I am from Tucson, but moved to L.A. when I was 2 years old. Lived in Philadelphia for a year when I was 8 when my dad went to Temple. My First Coachella was 2008, but only one day (saturday). I don't know why I didn't go before that... I guess I didn't think it would be all that great. Weird, huh?

My Coachella:
    David Bowie+Brian Eno performing the Berlin Trilogy
    Scott Walker
    The Velvet Underground

That last one is surprising to me, but it just feel right. I don't really listen to them that much, but I would LOVE to see that stuff live. I can probably give a better answer than that, but it is 1 a.m. here.
    Last edited by Still-ill; 06-02-2010 at 09:57 PM.