Bug, you're back.
Are you getting the band together? Where are those XTC covers?
The above questions are for Bug, not BS . . . unless BS used to play with a band and I'd love to hear about that too.
I second Amy's suggestion, once BS's week is up though. He's still got some questions to answer.
Last edited by algunz; 05-14-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Last edited by BlackSwan; 05-17-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Yea, I'd go to BlackSwanCoachella in an instant. I don't even like to think what ticket price I'd pay for that combination of acts.
I really like this thread, revive!
Currently it's dead. Black Swan needs to select another person but for some reason he hasn't. If he doesn't select someone tonight then tomorrow we will find a new person.
Alright, so who wants to be next. Someone who is around and interesting or do we need to take a break for a few weeks? What does everyone think?
I nominate Buddy.
Has anyone sent him a PM yet or should I? I'm assuming buddy is a he but maybe i'm wrong.
Buddy, are you male or female?
There is a question to get this started.
i am of the male persuasion.
sure i could do this, although i'm not sure how successful it will be. as most people don't know who i am, but i guess this is the point of the thread.
Please give us a summary of the top 5 facts about who you are, to give us something to start with. These facts may be as obvious (male) or as obscure (like shaving the undersides of your calves because of your past as a 50m fly swimming champion) as you wish.
current job: direct local tv news
possible future job: elementary school teacher
favorite movies: foreign (like fellini's nights of cabrina, & kurosawa's ikiru), westerns (like the searchers, & unforgiven), and silly stuff (like kingpin & naked gun)
favorite book: the brothers karamazov
favorite tv shows: mr. show with bob & david, the larry sanders show, early roseanne, the wire
favorite beer: guinness
completely made-up fact that would make me seem cooler than i really am: i wrestled a bear named bobo as part of a moving gypsy circus for 4 years.
Last edited by buddy; 05-25-2010 at 06:13 PM.
What is your opinion on pancakes?
Cats or dogs?
Songs that make you cry?
My name is Becca. Hi.
Hey Buddy. How's about a few Desert Island Lists with a bit of commentary? Maybe you are familiar, but if you're not: List 5 things in order of priority you would like to be stuck with you if you were going to be on a desert island the rest of your life. Please fulfill the 4 categories of cds/albums, movies, books and places to eat.
Last edited by ivankay; 05-25-2010 at 07:12 PM.
i've changed over the years on this one, but currently i'm pro-dog. a lazy dog would be my personal preference. we've had "pet of week" segments at my work, and one week there was a dog who was basically bound to his small couch, due to some medical issue. that would have been the dog for me. i can't have pets at my apartment, but it be nice to have someone to talk with while i yell at the tv over red sox games, and as a cover for my madman ramblings. even though, talking to my dog might be considered part of madman ramblings.Cats or dogs?
i can't remember what songs have made me cry, but i can tell you what songs have had an impact on me due to their beauty. the beach boys "god only knows," otis reddings "sittin' on the dock of the day," and i've talked about this band before, but mazarin's "another one goes by" is another.Songs that make you cry?
Last edited by buddy; 05-25-2010 at 09:19 PM.
What are you listening to at the moment?
my mix from the mix exchange currently. jonathan richman "twilight in boston" to be exact.
1. Album/CDs - i once left for a week to work out of town, and forgot my booklet of cds, before the boom of the ipod, and it was like i was going through withdraws without my music available. this was also before i listened to as much music as i do now. if i have to pick one, not sure if you're asking that, but the zombies odyssey and oracle would be it. i just think it's a great collection of songs, and it's a fairly upbeat album to help keep my spirits up while i'm stranded on an desert island.
2. guitar - along with albums/cds this would help maintain my sanity.
3. places to eat - probably mexican food. i grew up eating the stuff, and would have the least problem with it.
4. movies - funny movies would be the preference. to keep the spirits up, like the reason for picking odyssey and oracle. if i had to pick one maybe kingpin.
5. Books - any Ring Lardner he wrote funny stories about baseball or Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe