Page 335 of 454 FirstFirst ... 330331332333334335336337338339340 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,050 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I don't think I can really be blamed because you saw a shiny thing in a bush somewhere, Daxton.
    If you are suggesting that you are dull, and I get distracted by more interesting things, then I agree.

BlackSwan, why are you so angry? Is it the roids?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

thestripe

This isn't a rent-a-boy site, Drinky.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    If you are suggesting that you are dull, and I get distracted by more interesting things, then I agree.
    Gosh. I'm just so very overwhelmed by your scorching words here. This is really very clever, Daxton. I'm not sure I believe you wrote it all by yourself.

Swan, boardmember hetero and homo islands, please.

thestripe

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Swan do you have any pets, can you tell us about them?
    How do you feel Zoo's and Sea World?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

How many pancakes do you think is suitable for the average person to consume in one sitting?

If you and you significant other had to fight each other to the death, what weapon would you choose?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

thestripe

Fantasy time. Megaband. Name it whatever you want. Choose members for your dream band and reason for your selections.

Those are some weird questions.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here.

Extra credit if you give everybody a good codename.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 05-05-2010 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    BlackSwan, how often do you work out? How much can you bench? What's the most amount of sit-ups you've done consecutively?
    I work out 4 to 5 days a week. Monday and Friday are always the break days with the occasional Wednesday or weeknight show thrown in there. The max I have benched recently is 200, but I don't focus so much on building lots of muscle, it's more about functional ability. In terms of sit-ups, I do weighted crunches on a ball that is more about building strength than endurance, but I've done about 50 of those consecutively. What I am getting at here is that being in shape isn't about how much you can bench, or how many sit-ups or push-ups you can do in a row. I wasn't sure if that's what you were implying, but I got that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    BlackSwan, why are you so angry? Is it the roids?
    I am not an angry person and do not take steroids.

Swan, boardmember hetero and homo islands, please.
    Three for each like the thread, right?

Homo:
    Jeff/boarderwoozel3
    Brandon
    Alchemy

Hetero:
    Barbara
    Kat
    ??? -- Not sure on number 3. I'm giving this one deeper thought.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Swan do you have any pets, can you tell us about them?
    I have a dog, but she was also my mom's dog so she lives with her in NY. Her name is Shadow, and I got her when I was 11 or 12. I begged my mom and grandparents for a dog, promised to walk and feed her, and then never followed through on my responsibilities. Luckily, getting the dog had a majorly positive impact on everyone in my family and they all ended up loving her, so it worked out in the end. As I became a teenager, the dog also became a source of greater bonding between my grandfather and I. We used to take the dog on walks at night and talk about many things ranging from philosophy to politics. He still talks about how much he enjoyed those walks and that is nice.

How do you feel Zoo's and Sea World?
    I think it's a shame that animals get taken out of their environment to be caged and paraded around in front of stupid humans for profit, but I don't loose any sleep over it. If Brad Pitt's character in 12 Monkeys had tried to recruit me to help them let animals out of the zoo, I would probably be into it.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 05-05-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    What I am getting at here is that being in shape isn't about how much you can bench, or how many sit-ups or push-ups you can do in a row. I wasn't sure if that's what you were implying, but I got that sense.
    Not implying anything, just genuine curiosity. thanks for taking the question seriously.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

I had no idea you were into fitness. What are some basic things a dumpy slug like myself can do to get started but not burnout fast?

BlackSwan, what made you finally decide to embrace your internet life and show yourself at Coachella? Did people act how you expected them to act? Provide examples, please.

I had no idea you were into fitness.
    You obviously have not seen the man in real life. That's the only reason i asked.

last.fm

BS, any reason why you don't give out your name when you meet boardmembers? Do you expect everyone to know what you look like even though you haven't posted any clear pictures of yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Blackswan, I want to tell you that I'm sorry I got you banned for one day that one day a long time ago because you said you were going to wait outside my work for me.

Do you go to 24 hour fitness? I used to go to Castro one.

How old are you? Where did you live before SF?

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Mickflyy's week will be a disaster.
    How so?

How many pancakes do you think is suitable for the average person to consume in one sitting?
    If you cover them in grade a maple syrup and tons of butter like I do, 4 to 5. I usually eat about 3 1/2.

If you and you significant other had to fight each other to the death, what weapon would you choose?
    I would refuse to fight, and probably harm whoever tried to make me fight in some way. Sorry my answer isn't more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by thestripe View Post
    Fantasy time. Megaband. Name it whatever you want. Choose members for your dream band and reason for your selections.
    Damon Albarn - Vocals, Piano, Melodica - Because I love his voice and musical aesthetic. This man can literally do no wrong in my book.
    Bjork - Vocals - She would be an interesting pairing with Damon. I mean, come on, it's Bjork. She needs to do more collaborating.
    Johnny Greenwood - Guitar, Electronics - His ability to guide Thom Yorke towards greatness and his own intense creativity makes him a worthy pick in my book.
    Flea - Bass - Watching the way he helped transformed Thom's Eraser material and his general bass awesomeness make him an obvious pick.
    James Murphy - Backup Vocals, Drums, Electronics - James is bump for Bjork. We still love him... We still want him around, but he is not the center of attention here.
    Brian Burton/Danger Mouse - Drums, Programming - He could add some polish, swagger, and organization to this crazy project.
    Mike Sandison - Synths, Programming
    Marcus Eoin - Synths, Programming
    Bugaloo Velez - Congas
    Dave Guy - Trumpet
    Neal Sugarman - Tenor Sax
    Ian Hendrickson-Smith - Baritone Sax
    Sarah Neufeld - Violin

I also wanted to include the other string players who are currently touring with Gorillaz, but I couldn't find their names.

Band Name: The Agency

You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here.

Extra credit if you give everybody a good codename.
    Randy - Code Name: Human Shield
    Brandon - Code Name: Blonde Devil
    Gemma/MP - Code Name: Irish Threat
    Hannah - Code Name: Spirit Ninja
    Chris/TG - Code Name: Colossus
    Chris/Supre - Code Name: Voyeur
    FOI - Code Name: Whisperer
    Me - Code Name: Black Swan

Randy's function on the team is obvious. Brandon for his looks and computer knowledge. I bet he could also make us a cool logo, and we could seduce/distract the fembots together. You and GEmma would be our main strategians, and make sure the planes are well-written. Gemma also already has a gun and military training (if I remember correctly), so that should help. Chris is giant and intimidating, so that will come in handy. Supre will be doing reconnaissance while serving a similar function as Randy. FOI will be on the team to help get nature and the animals on our side.

This is an awesome question, and I feel like I could have made my answer better, but I needed to get back to work.

I had no idea you were into fitness. What are some basic things a dumpy slug like myself can do to get started but not burnout fast?
    First, go to a nutritionist and set up a manageable diet up for yourself. I don't mean diet like South Beach Diet, I mean figure out how many calories you should be eating a day and be mindful of that. Don't treat yourself too hard though, and allow yourself to splurge on weekends. Next, join a gym and take some personal training session. Have someone work with you to achieve what you want. Everyone wants to get in shape in different ways, and for different reasons, so it's worth it to have someone who can address your specific questions.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    BlackSwan, what made you finally decide to embrace your internet life and show yourself at Coachella?
    To be honest, it was part curiosity and part self-interest. There are many people on here that I am genuinely interested in meeting. I met a few of them at Coachella and that was cool. That's the curiosity part. I also thought my Coachella experience would be more enjoyable if I knew people there besides my wife. I was right about this. All of the interactions I had with people elevated the experience. There's the self-interest.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Did people act how you expected them to act? Provide examples, please.
    Hmm... Amy seemed as moody as she does on the board, but my interaction with her was very minimal, so that's probably not a fair judgment.

Hannah was friendlier than I imagined.

Randy was nicer is person than I expected him to be, but I think that's because I caught him off guard.

You were less vocal than I expected you to be, but you reminded my wife and I of one of our good friends, so we immediately liked you.

I didn't run into Josh at Coachella, but had lunch with him the Wednesday before and he was just as nice and cool as everyone said he was.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    BS, any reason why you don't give out your name when you meet boardmembers? Do you expect everyone to know what you look like even though you haven't posted any clear pictures of yourself?
    Do you mean my full real name or board name? I am pretty sure I said I was BlackSwan when we met, but my apologies if I didn't or if my introduction was confusing in some way. I think we ended up meeting because my wife accidentally elbowed you, so that may have made things a bit awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    Blackswan, I want to tell you that I'm sorry I got you banned for one day that one day a long time ago because you said you were going to wait outside my work for me. ?
    That was why I got banned? I thought you initially invited me to your office so we could hug? Either way, I am actually glad that happened. Up until then, I didn't really care, or put much effort into what I posted on the board, ever. You helped me stop being such an asshole around here, so I accept your apology, but also would like to say thank you.

How old are you? Where did you live before SF?
    I am 26. I was born in the Bronx, but was raised in Sag Harbor after I got my initial hard knock education. I then lived in Eugene, OR, Hilo, HI, and Binghamton, NY before settling in San Francisco.

Do you go to 24 hour fitness? I used to go to Castro one.
    I do not go to 24 hour fitness, but imagine going to any gym in the Castro would be entertaining.
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 05-05-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Your wife advised you to tell me who you were, hence my moodiness.

Ohhhh yeah, what did I say? "Hi, I'm Matt"? Yeah, sorry about that. I was flustered for some reason.

I don't remember you saying anything about who you were until she prompted you to give me your board name. (There are at least 7 Matt's on the boards in any case). I was happy to meet you btw, I'm just saying I was confused at first because I didn't know who it was I was meeting.

Amy, I think you are making this awkward again.

Well, goddamnit, I was not moody at Coachella.

Hey, I said it wasn't a fair judgment.

Ameh is always moody.
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Marry, Screw, or Kill.
    Damon Albarn, James Murphy, or Johnny Greenwood
    Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Bieber on an illegal dose of sedatives for 2011.
    "It's only polite for somebody to levantarse BEFORE the manajatwa."
    -GEMMA

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post

If you could make someone you know less ignorant about one thing, who would you pick and what would it be?
    I would like to repost my inquiry for BS.

Amy, I think you are making this awkward again.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Well, goddamnit, I was not moody at Coachella.
    This exchange made me chuckle.

BS: Proudest and most shameful things?

Most extraordinary thing you've ever witnessed?

Tell us about your leather jacket(s).

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by minogueCOMMAk View Post
    Marry, Screw, or Kill.
    Damon Albarn, James Murphy, or Johnny Greenwood
    Please explain.
    Hmm... I guess I would marry James Murphy, screw Damon Albarn, and kill Johnny Greenwood. James Murphy seems like he would be a good marriage partner since he is already married, and isn't one of those anti-marriage cynicists. Also, I bet he gets invited to cool parties, so a night on the town would be a blast. Damon seems like he would be an aloof asshole as partner, so probably just better for a screw. I care about Johnny Greenwood way less than the other two, so he gets the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    BS: Proudest and most shameful things?
    Let me start off by saying that this seems a bit absolute. I've done some things that I've been terribly shameful of after doing them, but I only consider them to be really shameful things if I don't learn anything from the experience. I also feel like I might be forgetting important things, but this is what I could come up with after thinking about it for a while.

Proudest recent moment would be when I told my grandfather I was taking his last name and then when I actually did it. One from the last five years would be achieving one of my major childhood dreams at 23.

For most shameful moment, I have to go with what happened to me/what I did at Goldfinger concert when I was just a young lad. I didn't really learn anything new from this and it ruined what could have been an awesome memory. I also never tell anyone this story, so it must have been shameful for me, at least up until now.

At the time I went to see Goldfinger, I was in high school and it was only my fourth concert ever. All of my other shows were attended with someone older and more experience than me, so this was the first time I was going to a concert with just one of my friends. We took a train to NYC and spent most of the day skating. I don't remember eating or drinking much during the day, which seemed to be the norm for days full of skating.

We got to the venue on the early side, scored a spot on the on the center of the rail, and stayed there for the entire show. It was a total blast. Ska-core-ish band, The Urge, opened, and then Goldfinger played a great set. For the last song of the encore, they pulled about 5 or 6 people from the crowd to come on stage... Two of those people being my friend and I. For some reason, everyone on stage was content with just dancing around, so I was unopposed for the spot I took at the mic helping Jonathan Feldman sing "Here In Your Bedroom"... Fucking awesome.

I'm not sure if it was dehydration, or just nerves, but about halfway through the song I started to feel sick. At first I just ignored it, I have a strong will, so I thought I could just let it pass, but slowly it became more obvious that it wasn't just going away. Before I really knew what happening, I found my self lurching back away from the mic and bending over next to the drum set. At that point, I threw up... I remember it being a lot, but that could have just been the intensity of the whole thing. As I finished and staggered to my feet, I looked up just in time to see the drummer point at me with a drumstick and yell at one of the stage crew guys. He was your quintessential roadie, huge man with long hair, black shirt, and a beard, so he had no problem picking me up by the back of my shirt and throwing me into crowd. I got a good crowd surf out of it, but was completely ashamed of myself for not only ruining a potentially awesome experience, but for throwing on stage at a show of one of my favorite bands (at the time). One of the reasons I don't think I learned anything from this experience is that we hung around after the show for a while as I contemplated the idea of trying to apologize to someone for what I did. I mean, someone had to clean that up and I felt bad about that. As we were standing around this really hot punk-ish girl came up to me and said, "I just want to say that you have the most amazing body I have ever seen." She was definitely older than me; I had a girlfriend at the time, and had been through such a recent trauma that I did not respond to this in the way that would have been the smoothest. I am ashamed of that too.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Most extraordinary thing you've ever witnessed?
    There are definitely more extraordinary ones than this, but two that have made lasting impression on me are the view from the top of a truly massive wave (gnarly bro), and the inside of my mind aided by a huge inhalation of DMT vapor.

Tell us about your leather jacket(s).
    I do not own any leather jackets. The main reason for this is that they smell exactly like what they are... Treated animal hides. I do have a few jackets that LOOK like leather jackets. My favorite one has a hood and some cool other details on it. I wear it about once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you could make someone you know less ignorant about one thing, who would you pick and what would it be?
    Gunz, I didn't overlook your question... I just decided it needed more thought because all of the answer I came up with seemed like a petty use of a powerful action. Answer incoming sometime today...
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 05-06-2010 at 08:45 AM.