Page 322 of 454 FirstFirst ... 317318319320321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,660 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    sparky, old boy- have you ever played any team sports? if so, what/when/why?
    Never, aside from some inter-mural floor hockey in Elementary school. I am pretty un-coordinated, and was incredibly unathletic. I wasn't a fat kid, I was actually UNDERweight. I was in shape for about 3 days in 1988, and then started on my way to being overweight.

I was not generally the LAST kid picked, but maybe third from last. I was a Band Geek, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    please post a picture of your favorite simpsons character.

Just because he's full of surprises.

Hahaha brilliant choice. Like when he has a son! Awwww.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

It's been quiet in here for a couple days. I imagine a lot of people are frantically preparing for this week's festivities. Marc (it is with a C right?), are you addicted to anything, chemical or otherwise? Name several if applicable. Also, who is next or do we sit this week out?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

It IS Marc with a C, thanks. (Bonus GTNKFBM...short for Marcus).

Addiction is a tricky word. It implies (I believe) a continued desire for something despite the negative imapcts. We've already established that I am not a "drug guy". And while I drink regularly (mostly beer), I rarely drink to excess. While I may be chemically dependent on a couple of things...namely Prilosec for my stomach and Claritin for my allergies...it's not the same thing.

Food and sex addictions are tricky too. We are all hardwired to NEED food and sex. At what point does it change into an addiction? My weight is my biggest health problem, however I don't consider myself addicted to food. I do not gorge myself, either one thing or many, at least not regularly. I simply have POOR eating habits, combined with a sedentary job and irregular workout habits. Sex addiction is a tricky area too. Yes, I have a very strong sex drive, but unless it starts to negatively impact my life, I don't see how it is an addiction. And believe me, I've been through plenty of long "dry spells" in my life and handled them all.

Finally, I guess you could say I'm addicted to things like message boards, internet chat and Facebook. However, my job entails sitting at a computer all day, with a lot of down time while animation renders or I capture footage. When I am out in the world or otherwise occupied, I don't wish I could get back to the computer. I will not be bringing my laptop to Coachella, and will probably do very little phone browsing/posting.

I'm probably in denial about all these things. Oh well.

I think we should sit this week out, but I will try to pick someone for next week today.

Sounds good. Are you not even addicted to coffee/caffeine?

Maybe Caffeine. I drink a lot of Iced Tea. However, I don't really feel like I get much of an effect off it.

Do you really think there are sex addicts? I have a hard time with this new craze of celebrities going out and banging who they can, because they can, and turning around and saying they are addicted to sex. At what point does liking sex get to be considered an addiction?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

When it has negative consequences and you still will not/cannot stop. It's not my week, but Marc already said what he thought addiction means, which I agree with.

i understand that as the definition, I just was wondering if he bought into the whole concept. I have a hard time accepting that as an actual addiction. I see it more as an excuse people are now using when they get caught.

I think it may actually exist, but a lot of people are probably faking to save their asses. Sorry for butting in

According to Wikipedia, its existence is debated by experts.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

lol no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Well, so far, all the "favorite" or "best" questions have been answered with multiple answers. I've never been able to name a "favorite" anything. Humans have so many different moods and needs and psychological states, no single thing can satisfy us better than others. So favorite image is even trickier. Our lives are full of images whether our eyes are open or they are in our heads. I'm sure my favorite image was some fleeting moment in my life that was never captured.

But, I did try to think of paintings/artwork I love. I was always really into Escher, so I thought I would post one. But I found this.

So, that's my favorite image. Right now. Ask again in 5 minutes.

Sadly, I don't listen to music as intently as I did in my youth. I love to experience live music, but recorded music is usually listened to in the car, or on crappy headphones while at the gym.

I do remember laying in the dark about 5 years ago with my wife with a few candles burning, listening to the (at the time) new Cure album for the first time- the self titled one. I now think it's not very good, but it seemed really intense. I can picture some other moments like that, laying in a dark place with someone special, listening to an album beginning to end. So I guess that's my answer, even though I haven't done it in ages.

OK, I wrote this late last night. It was very therapeutic, but I didn't post it. But I'm clear headed now, and I am well aware I come off as a fool in most of it, so here goes. It's looooong...

I met Amanda my sophomore year in college. She was a freshman. I don't even know how I met her, she just suddenly was in my life and latched onto me. She confounded me right away. I had never much luck with women. They seemed to fall into two camps...women who I was infatuated with but who only wanted to be friends, and women who were in love with me and I had no interest in. But Amanda was the biggest flirt I had ever met, and she wanted to be friends. To a 19 year old, this is a dangerous combination. I could see that she teased all the guys, not just me. But then she would come over and curl up on the couch with me and watch old movies. We bonded really quick. But I never knew how to make a move.
    I lived in an apartment-style dorm, as I mentioned. There was a bedroom with three of us- I slept in a loft- and a living room. We had a sofa-bed in the living room. One Friday, she got drunk at our place and asked to stay the night on the sofa bed. Then she asked me to stay with her. I gladly shared the bed, but she was so drunk, it certainly wasn't the time to take advantage. I was really falling for her and didn't want to blow it. The next morning, she just...stayed. All day. She stayed Saturday night. Maybe Sunday. She just kind of started living there for a bit. All the time, I've never even kissed her. Then, she started having me come over to her dorm while she studied. (I was a Comm major, not much to study.) I would fall asleep in her single bed, and would wake up with her next to me.
    What the fuck? Right? I mean, I had very little experience, but I was pretty sure this wasn't normal. But I was totally falling in love with her. We were connecting on every level except sexually. Finally, sick of not being able to tell her how I felt, I wrote her a long letter. I don't really remember what it said, but I told her I was in love with her at the end. We were having a low key party in our room, none of us were really drinking. I gave her the letter and asked her to read it. She climbed up in my loft and read it, and then came back down. She didn't say anything, just pulled me onto my roommates bed, and we started kissing. The lights were off, but people kept coming in and out to use the bathroom, so we moved back up into the loft, which was slightly more private. We were still just making out, but somehow, she wound up totally naked under the blankets. By now, everyone had left. One of my roommates came in, turned on the lights, and went into the bathroom. I don't know if he was trying to spoil the mood or just oblivious. Amanda pulled back the blankets to show me her body. All of my previous sexual experiences involved fumbling in dark cars or by the flickering light of a TV. This was the first time I had seen a naked woman, head to toe, in the light, inches away. And lying in my bed. She was not perfect by societal norms, still carrying some baby fat, but was pretty stunning nonetheless. Finally, the lights went out, my roommate went to bed, and we began again. The narrowness and height of the bed, and closeness to the ceiling made it difficult to get too wild, but it was a pretty intense night. We did not, however, "go all the way". I figured there was time enough for that, hopefully at a time where we weren't surrounded by sleeping roommates in a twin bed 5 feet off the ground.

The next day…everything went back to the way it was. Maybe not immediately, but by the end of the weekend. I was back in the friend-only zone. I figured she just wasn't excited by our encounter (though she was a good "faker" if this was the case), and would have accepted it had she told me. But instead, we continued down the path of becoming more and more emotionally intimate, while all the while, she moved from flirting with everyone, to dating everyone. I was a 19 year old cuckold.

During this time, she fell somewhat ill. It turned out to be something very treatable, but scary when you are that young. I would drive her to her parents house in Phoenix, and take a nap in her bed while her mom took her to the doctor. She would come back and curl up with me and cry. I think I was the only person at school who knew she was sick. Another time, we went to Tucson for the day where she grew up, and she took me to all the places that were important to her. At one point, on Valentines Day, we actually went on a "date"…something we had never really done…and it ended with a kiss that I still measure all other kisses against. We were so close, but other than that night, she was always clear that we were just friends.

I had come to accept that, and began to look for other women. BUT…because we were so close, everyone assumed we were a couple. I really started to resent her, but couldn’t make the "break up". One of her patented moves was to go out, get really drunk, do who knows what (or who knows who), and then ask me to come home with her. She had another male friend who kind of looked at her as a little sister and tried to protect her. One night, he knocked on my door. "Amanda needs you. She's wasted." I told him to just drop her off at home. "I already tried. She won't stop saying your name, I can't get her out of the car unless you come with." So I grabbed my stuff and left. I remember she was dressed really slutty, and when we got back to her room, she started undressing. She was wearing sheer lingerie. I was half turned on and half sickened. I hated that she would dress this way for some random guy, but not someone she loved. (And yes, she did tell me she loved me all the time.) As soon as she passed out, I went out in the hall and knocked on her neighbors door. The girls next door were really cool, and I was developing a crush on one of them. We sat out in the hall and talked, and I tried to explain why this woman I slept with 3 or 4 nights a week was not my girlfriend.

Up until this point, our relationship was pretty warped, but loving. But some time after this, she asked me to come over for the usual late night study. When I got there, her neighbors were in the hall, and the one I liked smiled big at me. We were chatting, when Amanda went in her room, and came back with some kind of sexy nightie on a hanger. "Check out what I just bought. Marc's going to get a treat tonight!" And then she pulled me inside. I was more mad than excited. WAS I going to get a "treat"? She did put it on, and I guess she technically did it "for me", but the rest of the evening was business as usual. I was seething, knowing she just did that to sabotage my chances with the neighbor. I don't know why I didn't leave…I guess a horny college guy never walks away from a girl in lingerie just in case. But the next day, she came to my place and we had a huge fight. I threw her out and she stood out in the courtyard yelling. She started screaming "Someday I'm going to marry you Marc Sparks! You'll see! I'm going to marry you!"

I finally got it. She was an 18 year old girl, out on her own for the first time, ready to go wild. I mean, I think she was still 17 the day I met her. And…she falls in love right out of the gate. She wanted time to explore. She didn't want to blow it with me while we were young. She wanted to keep me close until she was ready to be serious. I should have felt the same way, but I guess I fell too hard to care. I was OK with all that. BUT, I was not OK with having her try to prevent me from seeing other women. I tried to keep her more distant the rest of the school year, and that summer, I only went to visit her once. (I took summer school classes and she went back to Phoenix.) At the same time, there was a girl named Nina who I had been having a similarly frustrating relationship with since High School. She was also a year younger, but had worked full time the year after HS to save money for college. She told me she wanted to come to my school at least partially to be with me. I was excited. I liked Nina a lot, but- and this is kind of sick- I was hoping she would help me break the cycle I was in with Amanda. I had a longer history with Nina, if not nearly as deep. I knew that if we began to see each other again, Amanda wouldn't be able to sabotage it as easily.

When school started, Nina had my room and phone number, but she hadn't been assigned a room yet. I spent the week before school started waiting for a call or a knock. But when it finally came, it was Amanda. It turned out Nina got an offer from her dad to pay for her schooling if she moved back east with him. She never told me this, I found out later from a friend of hers, and I never saw her again.

Soon, Amanda and I were back in our old patterns, but somehow, I found a girlfriend anyway, named Stacey. I didn't really love her, but we fell into a healthy sexual relationship, and I pushed Amanda out of my life. I would have been happy to be friends, but I didn't feel she could behave. How do you tell your girlfriend that you best friend needs you to come sleep with her?

I stayed with Stacey for 11 months…during that time, I moved out of the dorms and into a studio apartment. We broke up, and I finished up my last semester in college pretty much alone. After Graduation, I was working in a record store, and Amanda showed up one day. She acted like the past 14 or 15 months hadn't happened. It felt good to talk to her, it felt right. We were both 2 years older. Maybe she had grown up and finished her wild time. I had never really had mine, but at least I had been in a good sexual relationship. She asked if she could come over and we could make dinner. We had a great time all evening, everything felt good, whether it was going to turn back into friendship or something more. As it got later and later, she asked if she could stay the night. I was hesitant, but I had been really lonely, and sharing a bed sounded great. She cuddled up with me and it felt right holding her. And then she whispered "Why did you leave me? You hurt me so much"

I couldn't stand it. She still couldn't see how any of this was her fault. She just wanted to keep me off to the side away from everyone so she could take what she needed until she was ready to take it all. The next morning, I dropped her off at her dorm, and I never saw her again.

About a year ago, I found her on Facebook, totally accidentally. I was just surfing through graduates from my school. It took me a while, but I finally sent her a friend request and asked if she wanted to catch up. She said yes, and sent me some of the basics, but we never really talked. I posted some old pictures and tagged her in them…she commented and didn't remove the tags, and we kind of joked around. Then, I moved down to Phoenix. I really live pretty close to her, and I've wondered/worried what would happen if we ran into each other. Maybe she feels the same way, because she has stopped interacting with me on FB. I really would like to have a serious talk with her, but I don't know what good could come of it.

I just went to her page. Someone else has posted a few pictures from college. I looked at one of them for a long time. Love sucks, sometimes.

Aside from saying terrible things to strangers online, I can't think of anything truly cruel I've ever done, at least not on purpose. I suspect the answer is somewhere in the untold details of the story above.
    This story reallly bummed me out. Love that people will be envious of will be around the corner before you know it [bro hug].
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

This week is a break week. Marc can select the next victim once he returns from Coachella. In the mean time he can continue to answer questions or turn the tables on someone who has asked him questions for a few days. Next week can start on Tuesday if enough people are back or care.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Do you really think there are sex addicts? I have a hard time with this new craze of celebrities going out and banging who they can, because they can, and turning around and saying they are addicted to sex. At what point does liking sex get to be considered an addiction?
    When it gets dangerous, when there's money involved, etc. Or, if it takes over your life completely. I've seen/been involved with some stuff that I will NOT get into here, but the line between healthy/unhealthy has always seemed pretty clear. Sex is natural, it feels good, it's good for you, and if it doesn't hurt anyone, it's not a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    I think it may actually exist, but a lot of people are probably faking to save their asses. Sorry for butting in
    Yeah, not that I care, but I think Tiger Woods really could be an addict, mainly because it came out that he didn't use condoms sometimes. Diseases aside, that could be a million-dollar mistake. Also, the sheer #.

But David Duchovny? He's a good looking famous guy who got laid a lot. I think the real test is...would people still think you had done a bad thing if you were single? Does Duchovny get laid more than George Clooney? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    This story reallly bummed me out. Love that people will be envious of will be around the corner before you know it [bro hug].
    That was 18 years ago, and I've been with my wife for 14. But thanks.

Marc, I think you should wait to pick next week's member until next week in case you meet someone interesting at the fest. What do you think?

Now that Coachella is over let's get this thread and the board back on track. Marc, who was your least favorite board member you met at Coachella this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

least favorite. ha ha ha ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Actually, no more questions for Marc, it's time for him to pick someone new, once he answers that last question of course!

least favorite. ha ha ha ha ha
    And there goes the possible credibility I may have earned over a beer with Tom on Sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Bloody hell, there was this thing. Hang on...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Now that Coachella is over let's get this thread and the board back on track. Marc, who was your least favorite board member you met at Coachella this year?
    Ha! My weekend was all about meeting up with great boardies. (OK, like 40% about it.)

No such things as least favorite boardies at Coachella, I even shook hands like gentlemen with Suff and we treated each other with respect.

I will find a replacement soon.

I want to be it. Pick me. My week was three years ago and I think I was aksed maybe 4 questions the whole time. Come on let's build bridges.

FOI would make a great pick

See? I would make a great pick.

I agree. I'm sure Marc is fine with it as well. Go.

I vehemently oppose this rapscallion and will promptly quit the boards if she is elected.

Everyday is opposite day with Hannahrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Amy I like what you've done with the font formatting on your signature. Real cool shit, that's some real cool shit.