Page 312 of 454 FirstFirst ... 307308309310311312313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    What have you got against felching?
    If not the lips and tongue, you're not doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    If anyone wants to hear about my life as a cat lady, I'll go. Can't promise any stories about felching though...
    I am good with this!

LIZNG will be the new victim!

Let the cat lady stories begin!
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

How many cats does it take to become a cat lady? How many do you have now. What's the most you've ever had?

Can you give us a description of what exactly your reaction would be if someone ran over one of your cats intentionally?

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am good with this!

LIZNG will be the new victim!

Let the cat lady stories begin!
    Uh oh. A wave of panic has just washed over me, but I guess this is what happens when I go volunteering for things in my pre-coffee haze. I will do my best to make it a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    How many cats does it take to become a cat lady? How many do you have now. What's the most you've ever had?
    More than one - but I don't think there is a specific numeric threshold. You can be a cat lady with two cats as long as you act the part. Generally you can qualify if you have conversations with them, spend a shitload of money at the vet when they get sick, take into consideration their needs when looking for real estate, let their existence affect your relationships with people, buy different types of expensive food for different cats' dietary needs, or give one of them an enema on a biweekly basis.

I have 3 currently and my boyfriend has hinted he will move to his own place if I bring home any more. The kitties and I stayed with my mom for a few months after college and there was a total of 6 in the house. It was insane. When I'm a crotchety old lady in retirement, I'll probably have 20 and let them roam the neighborhood in jackets that I've made for them.

I will add that my dad bought me a Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure when I moved into my current house...
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

When I'm a crotchety old lady in retirement, I'll probably have 20 and let them roam the neighborhood in jackets that I've made for them.
    LOL

Reading about Cat Lady makes me want to sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    Can you give us a description of what exactly your reaction would be if someone ran over one of your cats intentionally?
    I think it would bring out all sorts of crazy, but the only thing that comes to mind is the fight scene from A Christmas Story where Ralphie goes insane on the bully. And for good measure, I might pull out a shank.

This is the best video I could find, unfortunately some retard added music to it.

1:37

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    Reading about Cat Lady makes me want to sneeze.
    I understand.

We can change the subject any time... I have much more to offer than crazy cat lady antics.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Hi lizng,

Tell us a little about your worldview, guiding philosophies, enlightenment moments etc. etc...

I will add that my dad bought me a Crazy Cat Lady Action Figure when I moved into my current house...
    This is great! I'm going to order one for my friend, who has between 10-18 cats at any given time

How many Coachellas have you attended?

Longest distanced you've traveled for a concert (beside Coachella)? Who? When? Circumstances?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I don't remember ever reading a single post of yours. Who are you and why should we care about you?

Also, there's a full-on balls-out war between the Aryan Nation and the Nation of Islam. Who are you pulling for and why?

Are you lizzing? (or have you ever lizzed?)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Lizng, I see you are an Ab Fab fan. Which is your favorite episode?
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

I had an extremely close group of friends when I was in my very early '20s. There were like 7 of us that hung out almost every day, smoking pot, drinking beers, going to shows, just generally having a blast. At one point my buddy got turned onto crytal meth and introduced it to the whole group.

It was fun at first, but I never really got out of control with it. I was working full time and going to school, so it was strictly a weekend thing, and I never stayed up for longer than 24 hours. It was like that with everybody for the most part in the beginning, but soon enough shit got out of control.

it's really scary and sad to watch your close friends drastically change and turn into different people in front of your eyes. The only thing that really occurred to me was to simply walk away from it and completely cut them all off. It was too much fort me. i said some really nasty shit.

I wish there could have been a different way, but I feel like the people I miss don't really exist anymore, so it might not have mattered anyway.
    But, when you weigh out the odds of what could have happened had you not walked away, it doesn't hurt so bad. Many times I've often thought it was a blessing that since I didn't walk away, I was taken away. Weird, I know...

Honesty has long time been both a blessing and curse for me.
    You're not alone there/ So, now that it's the end of your week, I guess I'll never get the honest truth about whether it was a long knee length sock or one of those booty sized socks with the little balls on the heel, huh? LOL

BTW... Tommy! I was wondering about you the other day. Hope all is well and that you're headed west next month!

Name, age, and picture por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Seriously. A short bio would be nice. Something to give us guidance on the line of questioning (other than cats).
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Wheels Of Cheese

Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Hi lizng,

Tell us a little about your worldview, guiding philosophies, enlightenment moments etc. etc...
    World view: While I agree that globalization is good for trade, the sharing of technology, and getting resources to impoverished countries, I don't really want to live in a homogeneous society that subscribes to one way of life. I think cultures around the world should be valued and preserved. I'm tired of seeing Western things like McDonald's, processed junk food, and Christian beliefs being pushed into other societies that don't really want it; it makes me want to kick kittens.

Guiding philosophies: I strongly believe that life should't be lived according to anyone else's plan and that it's a journey, as cliché as that sounds. The college at 18, white collar job, marriage, kids, country club membership, and retirement to Boca route works for some people; that path shouldn't be forced down anyone's throat. I have a lot of friends following this trajectory and while they have the material things that they think they are supposed to have, they are completely miserable I am trying to see as much, meet as many people, and do as many things as I can in this very short life that I have. I do what makes me happy and hope I end up with a lot of stories later in life. That said, I did go to college but it was on my terms and I chose a career that will make me happy as well as make me a little money.

Enlightenment moments: I think my most enlightening moment was when I realized that religion wasn't for me. I was in a church play when I was 13 and after a day of not eating and the hot stage lights, I passed out in the middle of the performance and fell from a 4 foot platform. Church leaders tried to pray the evil spirits away instead of get me to a doctor. Their blind faith put my health at risk; I had a concussion and was really dehydrated. That caused me to ask a lot of questions that couldn't be logically answered, and start thinking for myself. Paging Michael Stipe...

it makes me want to kick kittens.
    being a cat lady, you must really not like western things, i'm with ya...

do you actually like stoli, or just the picture it is displayed in?

(and if not stoli, what drinks do you go for?)

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    How many Coachellas have you attended?

Longest distanced you've traveled for a concert (beside Coachella)? Who? When? Circumstances?
    This will be my second.

Coachella is by far the furthest, but I did fly from Raleigh to Austin for ACL last October. My company cut everyone's salary by 20% right before Coachella tickets went on sale, so I was unable to afford to go. Once I recovered financially I decided to get tickets to ACL to satisfy my craving for a festival because it's cheap and I could save money by staying with my granddad in Austin. By no means was it the best trip I've ever taken. I messed up my back a few days before so I was in pain the entire time, some jerk slammed into the back of my rental car, I got eaten alive by mosquitoes, the sound bleed from stage to stage was rotten, it rained a lot, and I twisted my knee in the ankle deep mud. Luckily I was with a really good friend that is fun to travel with so we decided to ditch most of the last day of the festival for some serious sightseeing. The trip confirmed for me that I should just stick to Coachella if I'm going to travel thousands of miles for music.

Boxers or Briefs?

Favorite color?

Ideal lover's traits: __________________.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    I don't remember ever reading a single post of yours. Who are you and why should we care about you?
    My whopping 650 posts have been pure poetry, so you are really missing out. I'm Liz, I came here two years ago after I bought Coachella ticket so I could find out what to bring to camp, and I can't seem to quit. And you should care about me because my mom says I'm special.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post

Also, there's a full-on balls-out war between the Aryan Nation and the Nation of Islam. Who are you pulling for and why?
    Good question. I have to pull for the Nation of Islam. The Aryan Nation goes around spewing hate against anyone who isn't white and if they emerge victorious from this hypothetical battle, they would be more empowered in their self righteousness. Nobody needs that. While I don't agree with the Nation of Islam's platform, I don't see them as a hate group. And, my high school cancelled classes the day of the Million Man March, so that was pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Are you lizzing? (or have you ever lizzed?)
    Oh Liz Lemon, you have ruined my years old username with your laughing + whizzing phenomenon. It used to be my friend's way of describing my actions when I was clearly living in my own little world...

But yes, I do have a distinct memory of lizzing in the manner you are referring to. I blame the booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Lizng, I see you are an Ab Fab fan. Which is your favorite episode?
    It's hard to pick just one! I'd have to say the episode where they take a jaunt to NYC to look for a door handle for a kitchen renovation. It's a testament to their ridiculousness and excess.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Seriously. A short bio would be nice. Something to give us guidance on the line of questioning (other than cats).
    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Who?

Hell, I guess I should do less lurking and more posting.

I'm Liz, or ELIZABETH NICOLE when my mother is mad at me, and I came into this world on a snowy night in Alaska on the night of John Lennon's death. That would make me 29. I was born to a couple of pot-heads that were stationed in Juneau for a few years while in the Coast Guard. After they became civilians again, we spent a majority of my childhood moving from state to state. In addition to Alaska, I've lived in Kentucky, Missouri, 4 cities in Virginia, Florida, and North Carolina. The closest thing I have to a hometown is Northern Virginia, where I spent about 12 years on and off.

I was a nerdy kid that had an affinity for hair bands, Legos, building things, and art. I was bored at school and fucked off a lot in my teenage years. I worked really hard after high school as a drafter and started my own company at 22, offering my super sweet AutoCAD skills to the masses. Well, to steel cable companies. I went back to college on my own dime at 23, getting a degree in interior design. While I'd like to still be my own boss and designing extravagant things for people with too much money, I work at an architectural firm that lacks any sort of aesthetic vision and will continue to do so until the economy rebounds, I pass my certification tests and have enough technical experience to go out on my own. I travel as much as possible when not tending to my herd of cats. I'm saving for a world ticket and have even thrown around the idea of joining the peace corps to experience life from another perspective. And to satisfy my nerdy side, I've been researching my geneology and recently discovered that my ancestors came over on the Mayflower and my greatx9 grandfather was executed in the Salem Witch Trials.

Oh, and I like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

and for pictures:

http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...30#post1594530

http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...77#post1611277

http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...97#post1613097

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    pretty much.

and this the ridiculousness that is my cabinet of cat ass clearing supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    being a cat lady, you must really not like western things, i'm with ya...

do you actually like stoli, or just the picture it is displayed in?

(and if not stoli, what drinks do you go for?)

The picture is from Ab Fab, but I'll drink Stoli if it's a vodka night. I prefer whiskey though, usually Bushmill's or Crown.