Page 298 of 454 FirstFirst ... 293294295296297298299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,940 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Sorry if it's been answered, but-

Groups/artists you're most looking forward to seeing at Coachella this year?

Favorite sports teams pro/college?

How does the MD affect your ability to do physical activities? Like working out? Playing sports? etc?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

I'm considering reading this entire thread.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

How do you maintain your boyish good looks?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Have you ever been to jail? Or got away with something that should have gotten you arrested?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Oh hey, it's Brandon's week!

Brandon, I know a little bit about where you work, but could you tell me more specifically what you do, and what you would like to do?

Also, what is your favorite hairstyle?
    So I work at the San Diego Natural History museum as an AV tech. That involves running our 3D theater, installing and de-installing AV elements in exhibits, equipment maintenance and general day to day tech help around the museum as well as setups for classrooms and such.

Here is the rack up in our booth that runs the theater.

And me in 3D.

The museum is a lot of fun and the people are cool. It's not a career being that it doesn't pay all that well and there is really no room to advance around here, but I am happy for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    What's your at least slightly realistic best case scenario for where you might be in 30 years?
    I'm not sure what you mean, or if you just mean generally, so I will say that at that point I will have hoped to have been married, maybe have some sort of family as far as kids, I still dont know what I want do professionally, and if I am still walking that would be nice although I imagine I would probably be rocking a cane at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    Sorry if it's been answered, but-

Groups/artists you're most looking forward to seeing at Coachella this year?

Favorite sports teams pro/college?

How does the MD affect your ability to do physical activities? Like working out? Playing sports? etc?
    My number one act on each day as follows: LCD Soundsystem, Mew, Gorillaz. Smaller bands that I am excited about include Sleigh Bells, The Raveonettes and Local Natives. I'm really screwed on Friday though, as I want to see something like 16 bands that day, the bulk of which will probably be playing at night. Conflicts will be brutal.

I'd like to say I'm a Chargers fan so that I could rep my home town, but let's face it, they are kind of pathetic. I hate Phillip Rivers and the two guys I enjoyed watching, Tomlinson and Sproles, are now gone. So fuck 'em. When it comes to college football I am a big fan of Boise State and was able to make it out to the Fiesta bowl this year which was amazing. I dont follow many other sports with the exception of golf.

Well I cant really run anymore, so low impact stuff is good. I ride a stationary bike every now and then and swimming is good. As far as sports I play the only thing left on the table is golf, and I've become pretty good at stringing together cuss words and throwing clubs. My lowest score is a 93.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    How do you maintain your boyish good looks?
    I sold my soul some years ago. It's not so bad. I got a great interest rate and I am looking to refinance pretty soon to see if I can score one of those women on my list. Come on Satan!

Quote Originally Posted by Davids81 View Post
    Have you ever been to jail? Or got away with something that should have gotten you arrested?
    I've never been to jail and I cant think of a time where I was doing something that would have landed me there either. I lead a pretty lawful lifestyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Wheels Of Cheese

Nice rack.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

I get that a lot.
    last.fm

Help me understand how you manage to be so comfortable as a twink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Wheels Of Cheese

I'd imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Help me understand how you manage to be so comfortable as a twink.
    It's a mental thing. Once you get past those first couple cocks they all start to blur together. I've lost count at this point. Not knowing the actual number helps fight off the self loathing.
    last.fm

are you originally from San Diego and, if not, tell us how you ended up there? what's the best part of living in San Diego and the worst?

Do you enjoy drinking Mug brand root beer over other brands (Barq's, Virgil's, A&W, Stewart, IBC)

and

Is that your Mug in the background?
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

What led you to become interested in the drums? Who were your early influences, and who has more recently gotten your attention? What kind of setup do you favor? Is there a style you've always admired, but could never get the hang of actually playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    are you originally from San Diego and, if not, tell us how you ended up there? what's the best part of living in San Diego and the worst?
    I am a native. The best part is the access to everything. Well, that and the weather. But the beach, desert, mountains, Mexico and LA are all within 2 hours from here and I think that is pretty great. The worst part is probably the armed forces presence here in the city which keeps the voting populous generally conservative. The SDSU kids are pretty bad too though.

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    Do you enjoy drinking Mug brand root beer over other brands (Barq's, Virgil's, A&W, Stewart, IBC)

and

Is that your Mug in the background?
    Yes, and yes.
    last.fm

What in particular do you dislike about the SDSU kids? Any opinion on USD students?

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I lead a pretty lawful lifestyle.
    That sounds boring

What sort of driver are you?

What's your sign?

Coffee or tea?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

There seems to be a lot of talk about you holding on to your boyish charm. What's your actual age?

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    What led you to become interested in the drums? Who were your early influences, and who has more recently gotten your attention? What kind of setup do you favor? Is there a style you've always admired, but could never get the hang of actually playing?
    I'm not sure what first turned me on to drums or made me interested in them. I played guitar for a couple years before I got a set and sort of lost interest, but as soon as I started playing drums I stuck with it all the way up until now. Early influences were guys like Carter Beauford (remember the discussion we had about him vs. Moon?) and Jimmy Chamberlin, basically guys that play a lot of notes. That's who anybody likes when they first start playing because it's so impressive. But as I got better and was more familiar with the instrument I started liking guys that weren't flashy at all. Charlie Watts from the Stones, Clem Burke from Blondie, guys like that. I've found that a lot of people that play drums dont play what the song calls for. It's like they think it is a solo instrument and it's really not. Recently (although this album came out in '01) Jason Gerken's drumming on Shiner's The Egg just blew me away. Every single note on that record is perfect and the sound of the drums are great. Also that guy Chris Bear from Grizzly Bear (who is exactly one day younger than I am) is phenomenal. He's very tasteful when he plays while still being creative and I appreciate that. John Convertino from Calexico is also very impressive and has a really great touch. As far as setup is concerned, I tend to be on the less is more team, as I have downsized my kit over the years. I play a four piece kit with a couple crashes. I found that the more stuff I had to hit, the more I'd fuck it up. We cant have that. And style wise I always liked bop jazz style drumming, but I never was interested in actually playing that kind of music because it makes me kind of crazy after a while so I never bothered learning. But it wouldn't be a bad thing to know.
    last.fm

What is your favorite building or structure?

If you had the time and ingredients to cook a 3-course meal, what would it be?

You're stuck in an elevator alone with Sarah Palin for about 20 minutes, how would the conversation go?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    The MD doesn't impact my foot too much with the exception of not being able to play a double kick pedal, but seriously, who wants any of that nonsense?
    Amen.

Also, props to Chris Bear for sure. One of the better new drummer's on the scene.

What's the best live drum/percussion performance you've seen in recent or far past years? Did you see Q & Not U before they broke up? With a few of the influences you listed, I'd bet hard money you dig their drummer, John Davis. He's one of my favorite drummers, in the context of their work.

Are you a fan of the harder stuff? What are your thoughts on Post/Hardcore drummers like David Sandstrom (from Refused) who incorporate a jazz-heavy style with their metal-esque playing?

Uhmm.. I think I'm just happy to be reminded that there is another drummer on the forum, given that I've kind of lost my faith in the kit recently. Have a nice day. :]
    Last edited by Devin the Dude; 03-09-2010 at 11:29 AM.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

how many times a day do you urinate, generally?
    weekend one

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmontanez View Post
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Huh?
    it's a valid question!
    weekend one

it is
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    What in particular do you dislike about the SDSU kids? Any opinion on USD students?
    They're just kind of dumb. I mean college kids generally are, but most of these ones are the frat bros that generally contribute nothing to society apart from drunk driving statistics.

I dont know much about USD students, but I would be slightly prejudiced against them considering they are willingly going to a religiously operated school.

That sounds boring

What sort of driver are you?

What's your sign?

Coffee or tea?
    So sorry to disappoint you. I find that not breaking laws has been more advantageous to breaking laws. Your mileage may vary.

Driving I am pretty considerate, although I get more aggressive when I'm downtown. I'm big on the courtesy wave and wish death upon you if I do not receive one if I let you into a lane or wave you through a stop sign or something.

I'm a cancer.

Tea, but only when I'm sick. I really, really hate the taste of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    There seems to be a lot of talk about you holding on to your boyish charm. What's your actual age?
    I'm 27. 28 in July. ...Jesus I'm almost 30.

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    What is your favorite building or structure?

If you had the time and ingredients to cook a 3-course meal, what would it be?

You're stuck in an elevator alone with Sarah Palin for about 20 minutes, how would the conversation go?
    The Sahara tent.

Appetizer: ...I don't know about this one, I'm more of a main meal/meat and potatoes kind of guy, as you can see by my main course selection
    Main Course: Filet Mignon with a balsamic reduction sauce topped with goat cheese, yucan garlic mashed potatoes on the side
    Desert: Creme Brulee

It would probably involve me trying to punch her in the ovaries as hard as I could to prevent future offspring. I dont think I would have much to say to her apart from "Really? Really?"

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    What's the best live drum/percussion performance you've seen in recent or far past years? Did you see Q & Not U before they broke up? With a few of the influences you listed, I'd bet hard money you dig their drummer, John Davis. He's one of my favorite drummers, in the context of their work.

Are you a fan of the harder stuff? What are your thoughts on Post/Hardcore drummers like David Sandstrom (from Refused) who incorporate a jazz-heavy style with their metal-esque playing?
    I would say Grizzly Bear at Bonnaroo. The whole band was amazing but I was fixated on Chris for most of the show. That guy is fucking good.

I saw Q at least 3 times that I can remember. Twice here in San Diego (one of those shows was the night Bush got re-elected) and the other at Coachella in '04. They were a great band and I was sad to see them split up, but their last record Power was a huge disappointment. I did like their drummer quite a bit, he was fun to watch.

As far as hardcore is concerned, it was never one of my go to genres. I just don't like being yelled at. I'm getting more into metal these days, so I may make it back to those bands eventually.

While this isn't something that I keep a mental log of for my day to day activities, I would guess it would average out to around three times a day. This varies of course, depending on physical activity, how much I had to drink, if I happen to get really excited, etc.

Huh?
    Everybody is curious about something.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i can't remember...

pop, soda or coke?
    putt-putt or miniature golf?
    toilet paper - over or underhand fashion?

and i'll be 28 in june. the other night i referred to myself as almost 30 and kinda freaked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Did you ever get around to answering the super villain question?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

have you ever visited the sunny Simi Valley, and if so, for what reason?
    weekend one

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i can't remember...

pop, soda or coke?

and i'll be 28 in june. the other night i referred to myself as almost 30 and kinda freaked out.
    Putt Putt Vs Miniature? There's a difference?

I'm turning 29 on Sat.... definitely freaking me out too....

Sorry, not my thread, I'll STFU now... oh, wait, I'll ask something.

Places you plan on traveling later this year/why?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i can't remember...

pop, soda or coke?

Soda
    Miniature Golf
    I do over.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Did you ever get around to answering the super villain question?
    Not yet. My apologies.

have you ever visited the sunny Simi Valley, and if so, for what reason?
    Not to my knowledge.
    last.fm