Page 296 of 454 FirstFirst ... 291292293294295296297298299300301 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,880 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Bush, because of his religious beliefs, cut off all funding to research that could dramatically change the future of medicine and effect the lives of those with debilitating diseases. Being that I am in that camp...
    I might be one of the people who posts here more often these days that doesn't actually know you (explaining why I nominated you). In no way am I asking you to explain this publicly in the thread, but a PM if you're more comfortable would just help me better understand I guess. If not at all, I also understand.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    I find that you often respond to my posts about home A/V equipment, so I have two items related to that.
    Please tell me about a) your current setup and b) what you'd really like to change about it to make it perfect.

At the moment I have a 42 inch Panasonic Viera plasma, a Panasonic blu-ray player, an Onkyo SR576 receiver and Aperion speakers, which I absolutely love. That is sort of what I would like to change, not necessarily the brand of speakers, just more. I have a stereo setup at the moment and need to fill out the rest of the surround sound system. Unfortunately that will run around $1200 so it's on the back burner for right now. After that I would go with a new TV, but that is a ways away as well. I would stick with plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Whats your spirit animal?
    People have told me I am like a Koala bear. I'd like to think it's something more exciting, but that's probably right.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    I might be one of the people who posts here more often these days that doesn't actually know you (explaining why I nominated you). In no way am I asking you to explain this publicly in the thread, but a PM if you're more comfortable would just help me better understand I guess. If not at all, I also understand.

I really dont mind at all, and this is from the 2009 Bonnaroo thread where it came up.

I dont mind at all, as it sort of gives me a forum to try to persuade people to support stem cell research.

I have a form of muscular dystrophy called Charcot Marie Tooth. While the name is slightly odd it has nothing to do with my teeth, those are just the last names of the dudes that discovered it.

In short:

You have a coating or sheath around your nerves, and I like to use speaker cable as an example when I explain it to people. Parts of my sheath or cable coating are missing, so messages to my brain from my muscles either don't arrive in full or don't arrive at all. The same is true for messages from the brain to the muscles. Because of that, I have atrophy mainly in my left foot, although the disease effects both the hands and feet. The way I walk is effected and standing/walking or being on my feet for long periods of time is pretty painful. Coachella is always an endurance test for me, and why you will usually find me hanging onto the rails of the soundboards (also because I like to get into it and have bad balance and dont want to fall over). The walk at night at Roo is the only thing that worries me, and is why I am going to try to nail down a placard. Unfortunately there is no cure, and it only gets worse. I am lucky though. I have seen children with MD much more severe than mine, and the fact that I can walk, let alone go to and enjoy music festivals means that life cant be all that bad.
    Follow up questions to that are welcome.
    last.fm

This thread is hilarious. I'm new here but wanna be one of you guys!

So THAT'S why you're so into cripples.

I'm going to start pushing you over in public frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

1. If you HAD to genocide a group of people but the criteria for who deserves to be exterminated can be anything you want... what group would die and why?

2. What was the most shocking thing you ever realized about your own self?

3. Who's your favorite poster?

4. Have you ever had your cock inside anyone from the board?
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

1. If you HAD to genocide a group of people but the criteria for who deserves to be exterminated can be anything you want... what group would die and why?

2. What was the most shocking thing you ever realized about your own self?

3. Who's your favorite poster?

4. Have you ever had your cock inside anyone from the board?

You know the group of 18 to 22 year olds that all wear stuffed to the seams backpacks that go caravaning up to the front of the crowd while holding hands and make trains 15 people long? Them. I fucking hate them. Hey bitches, you want to be up at the front? GET TO THE FUCKING SHOW EARLIER. Jesus. It's a good thing I cant bring knives into Coachella.

After the breakup I found out that I had a lot more integrity than I thought I had previously. I found out my ex had a lot less.

As much as I love some of the newer people, I have to stick to my roots here and go with... oh I don't know. I like a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Some people I am close friends with, but I guess since you said "poster," I'll go with Pot.

I had a feeling that this question was going to come up, and I figured it would be from you. I just know your style. It came to my attention recently that there was a pretty widely held belief that I was more than friendly with a certain board member here, and I can only say that that simply isn't the case. I suppose I could see how people would think that, but unfortunately nobody from the board has seen my penis. Or had it inside them. I certainly wouldn't mind, but it has not happened. Sorry to disappoint.
    last.fm

... SO I'M NOT A PERSON NOW?!
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Seriously though, I'm half tempted to bang you now just so I can say that I stuffed somebody with Cerebral Palsy.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

That wouldn't be as much fun if I had CP. I wouldn't be able to fight back. Or give good handjobs.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    I see you post a fair amount of things that you edited/made in photoshop; have you ever used Illustrator? If so, do you love it?

What is your favorite building or structure?

Also, I have a very large, orange cat. Do you think I should give him a lion cut?
    OMG, my first laugh of the day and I want to share it...

And, not sure if this will get answered, but weeklymix, are you a man of your own descisions, or are you easily swayed by other's? Have you ever been provoked by peer pressure only to regret it later?

You know the group of 18 to 22 year olds that all wear stuffed to the seams backpacks that go caravaning up to the front of the crowd while holding hands and make trains 15 people long? Them. I fucking hate them. Hey bitches, you want to be up at the front? GET TO THE FUCKING SHOW EARLIER. Jesus. It's a good thing I cant bring knives into Coachella.
    God yes. I'll help you. The age goes even younger, too. Tons of 15 year olds in the Sahara have to get their entire group up to the front so they can sit down and start rubbing eachother.

What is the worst nightmare you've ever had?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I had a dream once where I murdered a woman and her son with a golf club. I'm not sure what that says about me other than I really enjoy golf.
    last.fm

Brandon, obviously I was late on my question to weeklymix, but I'll turn and address it to you instead... Are you a man of your own descisions, or are you easily swayed by other's? Have you ever been provoked by peer pressure only to regret it later?

I'd like to think that I make my own decisions. I do regret though being talked into seeing Shes All That. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    last.fm

In the history of your time on this board, what was your favorite thread?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Love this board, slowly reading through some of it and everyone is hilarious! Makes me not so nervous to be going to coachella for the first time and going alone.

I'd like to think that I make my own decisions. I do regret though being talked into seeing Shes All That. 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.
    And I'm glad that you do, and I thank you for that.

Top 5 women you'd like to sleep with. (celebrities)

I'm a boxers guy although I do have a few pairs of boxer briefs, or trunks as I believe the box said. The idea behind those was to keep everything in place while walking a lot, say, at a music festival. Turns out that wearing solely those left some sweet irritating rash on my inner thigh/groin considering they kept rising up.
    get some under armor, only thing i wear under the shorts at festivals...keeps that chaffing at bay.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

please post a picture of your favorite simpsons character.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    In the history of your time on this board, what was your favorite thread?
    This I am going to have to come back to. There were some great threads on old board, and the animal rivalry was the first thing to come to mind, but I have a feeling it will be something else. I'll get back to you on it.

...Shit now that I think about it, I am going to go with the old confessions thread. The stories and revelations in that thing were legendary. Circular rocks, supernumerary and Ransom 1 all rank as some of my favorite board moments.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Top 5 women you'd like to sleep with. (celebrities)
    5. Elisha Cuthbert
    4. Natalie Portman (when she had really short hair)
    3. Alessanda Ambrosio
    2. Charlize Theron (circa Aeon Flux)
    1. ScarJo. I mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    please post a picture of your favorite simpsons character.

Excluding Homer.
    last.fm

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Brandon, our list of celebrity women are almost identical. Cheers.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

can you tell us about the one that got away?

also, you're a mad scientist who has an experiment go horribly wrong. what was the experiment and how/why did it go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    can you tell us about the one that got away?

also, you're a mad scientist who has an experiment go horribly wrong. what was the experiment and how/why did it go wrong?

She didn't get away. She left.

Well in my quest to become extremely rich off of selling sex products, I had devised something that would truly revolutionize the world of sex toys and enhancements. Basically it was a small vibrator that would be surgically implanted into the base of the penis in an effort to deliver the highest level of satisfaction to the person on the receiving end of said penis. Our initial tests were extremely underfunded and ended up causing all sorts of problems (women receiving black eyes from performing fellatio, urine and ejaculate going everywhere, etc.) due to extremely high powered vibrations. Because of lack of funding and R&D, we were forced to use the components from old Nintendo 64 rumble packs but were never able to properly adjust the intensity of vibration. The project has since been scrapped and we are now working on vaginas with tongues.
    last.fm

She didn't get away. She left.

Well in my quest to become extremely rich off of selling sex products, I had devised something that would truly revolutionize the world of sex toys and enhancements. Basically it was a small vibrator that would be surgically implanted into the base of the penis in an effort to deliver the highest level of satisfaction to the person on the receiving end of said penis. Our initial tests were extremely underfunded and ended up causing all sorts of problems (women receiving black eyes from performing fellatio, urine and ejaculate going everywhere, etc.) due to extremely high powered vibrations. Because of lack of funding and R&D, we were forced to use the components from old Nintendo 64 rumble packs but were never able to properly adjust the intensity of vibration. The project has since been scrapped and we are now working on vaginas with tongues.
    Wow. I've often thought how nice it would be to have vibrating penises.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Wow. I've often thought how nice it would be to have vibrating penises.
    I'm still trying to figure out if they're working on vaginas that have tongues, or if the tounges are what they're using to work on the vaginas. Can I get some clarification here, Brandon?
    And since we're on the subject of body parts and repairs...If there was one body part of yours that you'd like to change, or think needs to be fixed, which one would it be? And, why?

That would be my left foot. The one effected by the MD and the one I had surgery on.
    last.fm

Name 3 places you'd live if you could be anywhere in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinecraft View Post
    sometimes i feel like i don't have a partner

Do you believe in love for a lifetime? If so, characterize the personal and physical attributes of your ideal lifemate.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    See that guy in the background talking loudly about crab cakes? That's you.