Page 294 of 454 FirstFirst ... 289290291292293294295296297298299 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,820 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Sorry I meant to say he had plans in place to help with the process. I'm aware of what the national debt is sorry I definitely worded that poorly.

Edit: Changed to "helped reduce." I think during a three-year stretch it was close to 300billion paid? I can't find the stat. Granted my original term was "paying" and not "paid" to imply that it was an ongoing process.
    He also had the advantage of an unprecedented boom economy that we now can see was fueled in part by a lot of monkey business on wall st. The boom is what generated the surplus. But I agree, using it to pay down debt rather than giving every american a free car was quite noble of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

"Everyone... check under your seat!!!"

Top five songs you'll hear at Coachella this year that will make you jizz in your pants....
    My first novel, Darkhouse, has been published and is available here on Amazon. It has nothing to do with Coachella. Or vampires.

Faith No More ::: "Midlife Crisis"
    Faith No More ::: "Stripsearch"
    DEVO ::: "Mongoloid"
    Echo & The Bunnymen ::: "Nocturnal Me"
    PiL ::: "Rise"

In fact all of these bands' sets will produce boners. A fair warning to those planning on standing in front of me.

Thanks for the fair warning.

Faith No More ::: "Midlife Crisis"
    Faith No More ::: "Stripsearch"
    DEVO ::: "Mongoloid"
    Echo & The Bunnymen ::: "Nocturnal Me"
    PiL ::: "Rise"

In fact all of these bands' sets will produce boners. A fair warning to those planning on standing in front of me.
    Duly noted.

Though I'll have a girl boner for the first two.
    My first novel, Darkhouse, has been published and is available here on Amazon. It has nothing to do with Coachella. Or vampires.

Band you hate the most??

I see you post a fair amount of things that you edited/made in photoshop; have you ever used Illustrator? If so, do you love it?

What is your favorite building or structure?

Also, I have a very large, orange cat. Do you think I should give him a lion cut?
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StubbADubb View Post
    Top five songs you'll hear at Coachella this year that will make you jizz in your pants....
    FIRST 5 SONGS OF FNM SET!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You need to look up what "national debt" means. Or "paid off". or maybe both, I can't tell.
    marry me.

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    I see you post a fair amount of things that you edited/made in photoshop; have you ever used Illustrator? If so, do you love it?

Also, I have a very large, orange cat. Do you think I should give him a lion cut?
    yes to the lion cut!!!!

building? uuuummmm... the louvre

i do love photoshop

Not to be a pill here, but aren't these questions still for Mr. WeeklyMix?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    Band you hate the most??
    I really cannot stand jam bands. My brother loves them and always listens to them so I'm going to go with Phish. I understand they're talented musicians but the music, culture, etc. is just not my cup of tea.

- I actually do not use Photoshop. I use Macromedia Fireworks 8 (which was before the Macromedia / Fireworks merge). I've only ever needed photo editing for web images so this was the first and only program in which I became proficient. I've played around with Illustrator but I never used it enough to form an opinion.

- The capital building in Austin, TX. It's taller than the United States' one, obviously.

- Yes to the lion cut.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    FIRST 5 SONGS OF FNM SET!
    For sure.

And yeah get that interrupting "giiiirrrl" out of my week goddammit.

Edit: Just for clarification dystopian dream giiiiirrrlll it's one board member per week.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 03-04-2010 at 04:02 PM.

best concert and/or best festival performance by who/when/why?
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

What programming languages do you know (including web languages)? What do you ideally want to do with programming and/or what are you doing with it at the moment?

One time I thought I fell asleep in San Antonio, TX and woke up in New Orleans. The sober driver for the excursion thought it would be fun to take us to Louisiana when he figured the majority of those intoxicated were blacked out by early afternoon. It was weird enough waking up in a hotel but in a different state was kind of wild. He still has not told any of us the events of that night but we didn't really mind we all stayed another two nights before going home.
    That must have been fucking wild. Sounds like an adventure no doubt
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

i just heard, on an alternative music channel, a cover of lady gaga's "bad romance". what's the worst cover you've ever heard? the best? and what song would you like to see covered by a group of your choice?

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    best concert and/or best festival performance by who/when/why?
    REM / Sasquatch, Memorial Day Weekend 2008 / It was honestly just an extremely sentimental show as they were one of the bands I grew up listening to with the number of babysitters that cared for me in elementary school. Though they have been one of my favorite bands it was still my first opportunity to get to see them. I waited at the rail all day. They closed out the main stage overlooking the gorge and it began to rain almost as soon as they took to the stage. The stage was soaked and it was getting pretty cold but Stipe took his shoes off and left everything on the stage. Near the end of their set other people in the crowd began commenting that it seemed Michael Stipe had clearly been making eye contact with me throughout the entire show. Just a few minutes later he came right over to where I was standing, looked me right in the eye and asked me what time it was. I said "Who the fuck cares please keep going!" and he said "Yeah, who cares!" They played for another 30 minutes just pouring their hearts out and it was a night I would never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    What programming languages do you know (including web languages)? What do you ideally want to do with programming and/or what are you doing with it at the moment?
    Well... PHP, C, C#, C++, Java, Perl, Javascript, ActionScript (Flash's scripting language) and then all the basic HTML / CSS goodies. I prefer PHP for web programming and I primarily use C and C++ when screwing around with the Linux kernel. My major focus was operating systems and I'm doing my master's thesis on operating systems and their role in the software patent debate. As far as a career goes it really depends on what happens after grad school in May 2011. I will be gunning for a job at Apple and if I get that I will probably just work very hard at keeping that job. If I don't get the offers I am hoping for from a few other tech companies... I have been considering law school with the idea of going into intellectual property law and specializing in software.

Quote Originally Posted by caeden View Post
    i just heard, on an alternative music channel, a cover of lady gaga's "bad romance". what's the worst cover you've ever heard? the best? and what song would you like to see covered by a group of your choice?
    Worst cover: Hilary Duff ::: "My Generation"
    Best cover: Johnny Cash ::: "Hurt"
    Hoping to see soon: Faith No More ::: "This Guy's In Love With You"
    Last edited by weeklymix; 03-05-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Sorry, I'm sure this is common knowledge to most of the members, but what school are you at now?

Edit, and where did you do undergrad?

what are your favorite sitcoms?

I really cannot stand jam bands. My brother loves them and always listens to them so I'm going to go with Phish. I understand they're talented musicians but the music, culture, etc. is just not my cup of tea.
    Have you ever seen Phish live? Their shows are magical
    Last edited by sbessiso; 03-05-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    Sorry, I'm sure this is common knowledge to most of the members, but what school are you at now?

Edit, and where did you do undergrad?
    University of Texas grad school, University of Oregon undergrad. It's probably not that common knowledge, according to M Sparks I wasn't even remotely notable until I changed my avatar from David Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    what are your favorite sitcoms?
    Have you ever seen Phish live? Their shows are magical
    - Favorite sitcoms: New: Modern Family. Old(er): Three's Company, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld and admittedly The Nanny. Mom was single for a while, watched plenty of The Nanny and Golden Girls getting fat on the couch with some ice cream. I also don't mind The Simpsons and Family Guy but I didn't count animated here.

- You know when I answered that I forgot just how much I really hate Dave Matthews. Listening to some of my friends at Oregon discuss "The Philosophy of Dave" made me want to go on a murderous rampage. I still don't like Phish, but I'm sure their live shows are 100x better than DMB. The last time I heard some guys talking about Dave Matthews they were discussing how funny it was that he "smelled something funky" and made a little noise afterward. Cool, weed, you're awesome Dave.

University of Texas grad school
    Since you have been at UT, have you gotten a snow cone at the little stand by the pawn shop at the corner of Guadalupe and w 34th? If not, I highly recommend it.

Dallas or Houston?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Austin?

That was not the question.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

University of Texas grad school, University of Oregon undergrad. It's probably not that common knowledge, according to M Sparks I wasn't even remotely notable until I changed my avatar from David Robinson.

- Favorite sitcoms: New: Modern Family. Old(er): Three's Company, I Love Lucy, Seinfeld and admittedly The Nanny. Mom was single for a while, watched plenty of The Nanny and Golden Girls getting fat on the couch with some ice cream. I also don't mind The Simpsons and Family Guy but I didn't count animated here.

- You know when I answered that I forgot just how much I really hate Dave Matthews. Listening to some of my friends at Oregon discuss "The Philosophy of Dave" made me want to go on a murderous rampage. I still don't like Phish, but I'm sure their live shows are 100x better than DMB. The last time I heard some guys talking about Dave Matthews they were discussing how funny it was that he "smelled something funky" and made a little noise afterward. Cool, weed, you're awesome Dave.
    The worst thing about DMB fans is that they refer to the band/philosophy/experience as "Dave."

Who is your favorite character from the Nanny and why? If you had to bone C.C, Fran, Val, Sylvia, or Yetta?

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Weeklymix,
    First let me start by saying, I am a huge Tim Duncan fan so it goes without saying that the Spurs are also my favorite NBA team. Have you ever met Tim?

Also: Please describe your perfect day (in detail). From the very moment you arise from slumber to the moment you crawl back into bed.
    You may include pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

A band you find terribly underrated?

Also, your hatred for Dave Matthews makes me like you even more now

Since you have been at UT, have you gotten a snow cone at the little stand by the pawn shop at the corner of Guadalupe and w 34th? If not, I highly recommend it.
    I have not and appreciate the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Dallas or Houston?
    Dallas without question. I find Houston to be one of the only cities that one could appropriately describe as sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Who is your favorite character from the Nanny and why? If you had to bone C.C, Fran, Val, Sylvia, or Yetta?
    Fran Fine because I legitimately think she was hot then. That should answer the following question, too. I think everyone would be interested in the climax noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Weeklymix,
    First let me start by saying, I am a huge Tim Duncan fan so it goes without saying that the Spurs are also my favorite NBA team. Have you ever met Tim?

Also: Please describe your perfect day (in detail). From the very moment you arise from slumber to the moment you crawl back into bed.
    You may include pics.
    - I have met Tim Duncan twice. The first time was in a Tokyo Steakhouse. My father was still around at the time so this must have been a while ago. I feel like he's been old my whole life so it was kind of excusable that this bald old man just walked right up to him and introduced himself. I was thoroughly embarrassed but it was nice getting to meet him. The second time was I was working for an ad agency that held the account of the car dealership using Tim Duncan as an endorser. He came down to the agency before a commercial shoot. That was it.

- My perfect day is waking up at about 9:30, making some good black tea (preferably Earl Grey), eating a solid Tex-Mex lunch at Los Barrios (San Antonio) or Guero's (Austin), drinking heavily in the afternoon with gin, going for a fantastic sushi dinner with the lady, continue drinking, see a Spurs game, end the day listening to loud music in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by StubbADubb View Post
    A band you find terribly underrated?
    For Coachella's sake I'll say Portugal. The Man. I'll get back to this question when I take a good hard look at my music library.