Page 204 of 454 FirstFirst ... 199200201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,120 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Yikes! Before I answer canexplain's question about kids, I have an appointment for a mammogram in an hour...
    Apparently, during my very first mammogram a month ago, my boobs threw that machine off and they weren't able to capture the pics they needed, so they need to do a retake... It's either that, or they thought I enjoyed the sensation of having a George Foreman grill make pancakes out of my tits, I don't know. So, for now we'll get the tits out of the way and then talk about childbirth, okay?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post

And, when words can't describe how I feel, I would dedicate this...

I don't know what it is about The Great Gig in the Sky ?
    To listen to it....it takes my breath away. It often makes me cry. Always has.

"Time in a Bottle"
    Wow.....

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post

san francisco is for stoners.
    hahahaahhaaha luv this pic of you Dev (and i have that shirt.. i took it to symbi where i met you.. creepy.)

sorry, week late & a gram short..
    back to regularly scheduled programming..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

Yikes! Before I answer canexplain's question about kids, I have an appointment for a mammogram in an hour...
    Apparently, during my very first mammogram a month ago, my boobs threw that machine off and they weren't able to capture the pics they needed, so they need to do a retake... It's either that, or they thought I enjoyed the sensation of having a George Foreman grill make pancakes out of my tits, I don't know. So, for now we'll get the tits out of the way and then talk about childbirth, okay?
    that's hot..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I am glad "our" question got dropped fast.... Bev my question is "Why no children?" ..... cr****
    My usual response to that question is, "I would eat my young." (You know, like dinasaurs did. LOL) That answer is effective against those that insist that you haven't lived unless you've raised children. I realize it sounds a little harsh, but you'd be amazed at how many parents laugh and wish they had had the same idea.

Don't get me wrong though, I like kids. Kids are cool. And, kids really dig me. I could go in a room with 100 adults and 2-3 kids and undoubtedly, the kids will gravitate towards me and be clinging to my leg the whole time. I'm the one that will go look at their bug collection, or sit and color with them. I'm the one they'll play 20 questions with, or come to when they're older for advice. Maybe that's because of this 2nd childhood thing, or maybe more so because I can only be the type of parent I wish I had had. And, it's sad to say this, but my parents weren't a great example of parenting, nor did they make it seem like anything I'd want to do. I decided before I was 18 that there was no way I was bringing a child into the world unless I could be a perfect parent 24/7. It seems like the things that all kids do while growing up had a tendency to be the things I generally got in trouble for. And, as I got older, it became quite clear that as far as siblings go, there was a double standard in my household. Wasn't exactly good experience in offering guidance to my own kids if I wasn't sure what guidance really was.

For the record, I grew up wondering what I did that was wrong, or what made me any different than my brother. (Besides the obvious.) That doesn't do much for developing self esteem or supporting independence. And, it was when at the age of 17 1/2, I had finally had my share, and stood there with my hand on my hip and proceeded to tell my father I didn't need him, I could be an adult without him. I certainly wasn't being taught to be an adult with or by him, so, "fuck it, right?" Truth of the mater is, I probably needed him for something 20 minutes later...But, it was already 20 minutes too late as far as he was concerned. From 18-29 years old he made it very clear that I was on my own because, "I didn't need him." And, of course after the fiasco I got involved with after moving up here, I pretty much iced the cake and sealed the deal in his eyes. As far as he was concerned, he was done being my father. As far as I was concerned, no matter what I did to correct the whole ordeal, it became very obvious that he never was. We spent another 10 years pretty much anonymous to each other. Thus began the seperate holiday celebrations. They would do the holiday without me, then my mother and I would do our version of the holiday. (She wasn't one to stand up to him and tell him he was being wrong, and I certainly didn't need to rock the boat any further, but it sure took a toll on her.) I thought for a brief time after she passed away, that maybe there was a chance to mend the rift between us. It appeared that way when I stayed with him for afew weeks after. Unfortunately, it was brought to my attention just afew years ago by my brother, that they both put the blame of her death on my shoulders. If one of the last things my mother ever told me hadn't of been, "Beverly, don't waste your time trying to get any love from him, he's an asshole and it's his loss for never bothering to care enough to know you," I might have really ended up fucked up in the head. Instead, I'm just thankful that I didn't blindly go into child rearing, and if that maternal thing ever becomes my main focus, somewhere out there is a child sitting there feeling unloved and cared for that needs someone to not only be a parent, but be a friend...I'm pretty sure I'm the one if that should ever be the case.

Damn, you guys would make really good psychiatrists with these questions your asking. You're sure digging up the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth pretty damned well, I'd say!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    i just thought you were obviously next in line, given that we are the oddball members, along with a few others. next you have to choose Suffa or Nbv or someone else of strange proportions. strangers choosing strangers, yep. :]
    Can the proportions get any stranger than this? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Bad aim + i shoot blanks.
    That's okay. You just keep practicing. It's all good, honey!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Did your parents smoke?
    Well, apparently my dad did when they got married, but quit. From that point on he became the anti-Christ of reformed smokers. Not just to me with his threats against my digits, but when I discovered my mother smoking out behind the trees in the backyard, I knew it was a no-no in our household. (Of course, as far as worrying about evidence, it made it easier for me then. I will never forget a night where I had snuck out front to stoop in front of our camping trailor and hotbox away...I was startled by a clicking sound nearby and was afaraid to exhale or make the slightest move. Minutes later, I look around the side of the trailor to see my mom tippy-toeing back towards the house, blowing out a puff of smoke. Within afew years after that, her and I would spend many a moment together smoking and talking, smoking and talking. And if my dad was around, we'd just go hide behind something and continue our session regardless. LOL

I did come real close to almost getting her stoned once, but she was afraid she'd look weird as a parent doing that. Christ, as if myparental training didn't seem weird enough??? Hellooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    can you play hot for teacher on guitar?, if so vid please
    While I may try and play guitar, unfortunately I can't play "Hot for Teacher." I was hot for my music teacher, does that count?

How about something else I learned?

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    hahahaahhaaha luv this pic of you Dev (and i have that shirt.. i took it to symbi where i met you.. creepy.)

sorry, week late & a gram short..back to regularly scheduled programming..
    LOL I'm actually feeling a gram short this week myself! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    that's hot..
    ORLY???

Can the proportions get any stranger than this? LOL
    I would be surprised if they could.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Did your parents smoke?
    wait, was this a question? ....just wondering

If you were to have a BBQ at your house before Coachella and could only invite 11 boardmembers, who would you invite and why?

Like mother, like daughter.

Soon after you first started posting here on the board, you were for whatever reason labeled a “meth head”. I really don’t understand how someone who knows absolutely nothing about you could pass this kind of judgment on another person? I wondered if it could be an insecure fat person looking to make himself or herself feel skinnier. Or maybe it was just someone who was so beat down that they would say something negative towards somebody just to make themselves feel better? I don’t know… and I just don’t understand. Then there were and are the sheep. The mindless sheep that jumped in on the bandwagon and keep the meth thing going. The spineless lemmings who think its cool to beat someone down. Someone they know nothing about. Even though this is only the internet and only the Coachella Board, I obviously had and still have a huge problem with these people who attack you. I can’t help it. Where I come from, you protect what is precious to you. You shelter and protect the people you love. You do anything to protect the one you love. I do admit that I had a problem with taking certain things too seriously. I’ve kind of figured that one out. I’ve learned to keep most of my feelings to myself as far as the Board goes.

That said, my question to you Beverly:
    Why do you think that some of the Board members, many of whom are hypocrites, sheep and spineless lemmings jumped in on the bandwagon in the first place? Keep in mind that these people know absolutely fucking nothing about you yet they label you meth head. If you could gather up all of your feelings into a few paragraphs regarding these people, would you please……enlighten us?
    Please, keep it short and sweet.

Ps…. I so fucking love you!

Hasn't she already said her peace? Not to stop the momentum, but unfortunately judgments based on little are just the nature of the internet. Besides it's funny, kind of like them saying I'm dumb because I'm a teacher. You can't take it seriously, but you also got to realize that we build our own holes here.

Love u both.

Suff and BD forever!!! PLUR!!!

Originally Posted by locachica73
    Did your parents smoke?
    Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    wait, was this a question? ....just wondering
    Hmm, the last I remember, that squiggly looking thing with a dot under it was called a question mark. (Then again, I'm not exactly a grammar queen.)

Wow, if that was your question, and that was my answer, we may have compiled the shortest post in the thread over the last few days! Hallelujah!

im really looking forward to this short story. i hope you and suff are going all out on it...

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Seeing as how she actually was a meth head, don't you realize that maybe it's not people prejudging her but rather that it's really easy to identify meth heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Seeing as how she actually was a meth head, don't you realize that maybe it's not people prejudging her but rather that it's really easy to identify meth heads?
    You would know.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

... yes, I would, that's how I was able to call it the instant I saw that frightmask you pork.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

OK Randy.
    You must be incredibly bored this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you were to have a BBQ at your house before Coachella and could only invite 11 boardmembers, who would you invite and why?
    I'll be back for this one, I promise. And only 11 invites? That's an odd number. brb...

Like birds of a feather...And you know if I were to ever offer you a line, you'd fill that proboscis of yours in a heartbeat, so don't start that bullshit!
    Now, ask me a question or GTFO, so I can get back to Algunz. (I told her I'd brb
    You would know.
    ... yes, I would, that's how I was able to call it the instant I saw that frightmask you pork.
    Frightmask and Pork...Hmmm I may have an idea...brb...

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Okay, change of plans for my BBQ! First, I probably only own 10 place settings, but no worries, 11 board members will be fine. And check this shit out... I had this incredible brainstorm of having my BBQ be a Dress Up Party! Yep, I'll wear my Frightmask as a costume and I'm hoping to throw a Roast Pig, or Pork with an added Kosher twist onto the fire...

COSTUME PARTY AND BBQ V.I.P. GUEST LIST
    Wear You Scariest Frightmask and Come Join Me for BBQ Pork Before the Fest! I will be serving BBQ pieces of Randy, the biggest Pig I know, to anyone who would care for a piece. This is a special invitation for 10 people who I would like to help me with this endeavor. Randy was kind enough to suggest the pork, and I appreciate his volunteering. His Frightmask idea should make for a funfilled evening for all before the festival starts the next day.
    • *TommyBoy~ I'm sure he has some secret Mexican sause recipe he can douse the pig with while it cooks, and he'll probably accept drugs or beer in return for his efforts.
      *Salah~ He'd be great greeting the guests with all his sweaty man hugs as they arrive. Plus, He's the "Who's Who of Party People" this year.
      *Frozen Pilgrim~ Instead of smoked Pork, I'm having Luca help me just shove a blunt up the Pig's ass for flavor, then he will go onstage and DJ the rest of the time.
      *cubrocker~ definitely gonna need a bartender, and I've seen pictures of the job he can do on someone. Outstanding! He'll need help as I know you guys can party...
      *Forzapalermo~ I'm thinking drink monitor for the day. By night he may not be worth a shit, but to get him started would be entertaining and probably loosen up the guests.
      *KitKatt~ I'll probably need someone to continue blowing air acrossed the embers so the flame doesn't go out. She's my pick!
      *Feather~ Definitely could use a touch of PLUR and GLOW as decor, and I'm sure her head assistant, Kingsblend would be more than willing to help decorate and get the fire going. And hopefully even manage to get it all on a vid if he can. *hint,hint*
      *miscorrections~ Not that there's a dress code or anything like that, but we still need to take precautions and watch for shady characters and undesireables. She could mingle, get sloshed, and watch for vagrant behavior.
      *chiapet~Always prepared and very creative. I'm thinking she could help Feather decorate,as well as plan and execute the lighting layout.
      *Amyzzz~ I'll probably want to indulge in some illicit behavior during the festivities, and I think Amyzzz would be my safe bet for parental guidance.
      *Algunz~ While Izzy keeps Salah entertained, or helps the girls decorating, Algunz can join Amyzzz and I tripping, as we revel on the sidelines of the fire and watch that Pig squeal. In addition to those, I have special invitations for *Ivy, as she will be in charge of marinating and tenderizing the pork beforehand, and of course my Son, *DevintheDude for getting me into this whole mess to begin with! LOL
    See you there!

I should probably get laid and rest before getting to suffacated's question in the morning.

How many of you read that and thought, "Laid to Rest?"
    Sorry, not until Sunday Night...Keep asking~
    Th-tha-tha-that's all fffffor 2nite folks! ZZzzzzzz.....

I should probably get laid and rest before getting to suffacated in the morning.
    fixed.

How many of you read that and thought, "Laid to Rest?"
    im certain its less than one.

what kind of car do you drive? u seem like a biker chick...

BD.

I'm hungry. What would you make me right now?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Why do you think that some of the Board members, many of whom are hypocrites, sheep and spineless lemmings jumped in on the bandwagon in the first place? Keep in mind that these people know absolutely fucking nothing about you yet they label you meth head. If you could gather up all of your feelings into a few paragraphs regarding these people, would you please……enlighten us?

Okay, short and sweet...and I confess...stoned...

*snicker...I confess, I had to look up "spineless lemmings" on Google before I could respond to this question, and they are the darndest little creatures! They breed like crazy, and then when they realize they've over populated and there's not enough provisions to go around, all it takes is one to take the lead, and the others will follow. Keep in mind these lemmings are spineless.They aren't sure where or why they're following, but they need to be in the mass to feel secure and strong enough to wiggle on. Sadly enough though, the one in the lead could fuckup and lead them right into danger and they'd still follow because they don't know any better.

*pauses...now, sheep? Sheep know better but need to be in herds. One sheep alone will stand there dumbfounded and wait for the others to make the call. There's no real leader in the herd, they just take turns seeing who can "Baaaaahhh" the loudest.A large herd will breakup into smaller herds, and from there, you may run into a hypocritical sheep here and there. (I'll get to that special breed later.)No body wants to be the black sheep, and most of them hide behind all that fluffy cotton. But they fail to realize for fear of seeming weak to the rest of the herd, that underneath everybody's "cottonball," there is still a human with feelings. Have my feelings been hurt here before? Sure, but not for long. I came to the Coachella Kingdom with age, experience, and wisdom. I've been a spineless lemming before, and I've hung out with the sheep as well. But that was all back before I ended up getting caged with a bunch of wild animals. Gone was the lead lemming, and forget about any of the herd coming to save me, I was gonna have to figure this out myself.

Funny as it may sound, but that experience may have tamed me enough to finally believe in myself. Did I belong with those wild animals? No. But, that didn't make me any better than them. We were all in the same cage. And in the time I got to know the "zoo animals" better, while I may not have wanted to hang with them, I learned many of them were far different than I had thought before actually getting to know them. One of them gave me the best advice ever that pertains to any kingdom, animal, human,or otherwise...You can trust no man until you can trust in yourself. Once you believe in yourself and set your limits, and once you realize how far you've gone without having to be a follower, you don't have to worry about what the rest of the Kingdom believes. It's your path and you're leading it.

Now, about those hypocrites I mentioned…While they may think they are the kings of the jungle, and are always good for an argument and opinion, the fact of the matter is, in order to believe in themselves they have to belittle the rest of the Kingdom. First, they’ll prey on the weak and the newbies in the Kingdom, sending them scurrying for cover. This helps boost their egos and fools them into thinking they are the creator of this habitat. Any animal that is a threat to the hypocrite will generally have to endure the hypocrites attack and fight back anytime the hypocrite wanders into the same territory. And, while hypocrites are generally no better than anyone else, nor different than anyone else, the fact that sets them apart and below the rest of the zoo is they can’t accept that and continue trying to make a name for themselves by being a JackAss, not a king in the jungle.
    A hypocrite will bring the animal out in me that won’t back down. (As I’m sure the rest of the Kingdom has noticed.) I’ve been known to make biting remarks and throw feces in defense against the hypocrite. In my opinion, the Kingdom would be a better place if Hypocrites would just go fuck themselves until they become extinct…

There is every possible animal you can imagine in the Coachella Kingdom, and while they may not all be able to cohabitate peacefully everyday, there’s no need to disrespect each other either, nor think one is better than the other…Remember…Paul Tollett created us all equally…

Grrrrrrr, The End…

Like mother, like daughter.

Soon after you first started posting here on the board, you were for whatever reason labeled a “meth head”. I really don’t understand how someone who knows absolutely nothing about you could pass this kind of judgment on another person? I wondered if it could be an insecure fat person looking to make himself or herself feel skinnier. Or maybe it was just someone who was so beat down that they would say something negative towards somebody just to make themselves feel better? I don’t know… and I just don’t understand. Then there were and are the sheep. The mindless sheep that jumped in on the bandwagon and keep the meth thing going. The spineless lemmings who think its cool to beat someone down. Someone they know nothing about. Even though this is only the internet and only the Coachella Board, I obviously had and still have a huge problem with these people who attack you. I can’t help it. Where I come from, you protect what is precious to you. You shelter and protect the people you love. You do anything to protect the one you love. I do admit that I had a problem with taking certain things too seriously. I’ve kind of figured that one out. I’ve learned to keep most of my feelings to myself as far as the Board goes.

Some of those women have a "1978 cool" look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    what kind of car do you drive? u seem like a biker chick...
    Vrooom! Vrooom! A Biker Chick, huh? *Giggles* Not quite....I do love Harleys, but I'm more the Huskavarna Baja 500 type actually, not the hard assed, straddle your sissy bar type. LOL

I do have my mountain bike, but I don't have the buns like this biker...

And if I was a real biker chick, I'd probably look like this...

Honestly, I have 2 vehicles. One gets me where I'm going, the other is collecting dust and has me considering whether or not it would make a great end table or planter.

My trustworthy 1987 Ford Ranger is indestructible. I can't kill it, no matter how hard I drive it. Believe me, it's got almost 250,000 miles on the original engine, and still keeps up with the flow of traffic. I've probably got more invested in it on window stickers and the stereo that I just installed myself, than it's actually worth, but hey...it gets me where I'm going. I have noticed it's runs best on Daft Punk and Prodigy tunes, so maybe that explains it's endurance abilities.

As for the potential end table/planter...It's a 1986 Corvette that I've owned for 10 years. I was living with a car dealer who knew I had money saved and offered to sell it to me for the price he paid. (After we went our seperate ways, I found out that even with the deal he gave me, he was able to make $2000 off of me! Whata boyfriend that is, huh?) Anyway, while it is fun to drive when it's running,the damn thing doesn't know what $29.99 tuneups are, or an acceptable price for tires, and I knew this when I bought it. Shit, to be honest, I really didn't want it at first, but when he told me I could turn around and sell it for twice the price, well, WTF!!! The problem is, I do like speed...and power...And after getting that speedometer upto 125 mph once, I was in love! Unfortunately, it's been a perfect example of a love/hate relationship the whole time! I can work on my truck and do little repairs, but to open the hood of that Vette takes the breed of mechanic that's hard to find...and afford. I've recently begun realizing I should just sell it or...make a planter or end table.

The Love/ Hate Planter...

A girl and her truck...it's a beautiful thing...

It has the real sticker now, but you get the idea...