Page 203 of 454 FirstFirst ... 198199200201202203204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by disgustipated View Post
    huh?
    LOL I was having an identity crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    mom. which of any coachella music & arts festivals have been your favorites and which bands or experiences contributed to that?
    Without a doubt, 2006, when Daft Punk took control of the Sahara Tent and all of my senses! If I had been sitting when that intro started, I would have been on the edge of my seat with anticipation, Fortunately, I wasn't sitting because when Robot Rock started, I was immediately swept up like everyone else into the most powerful, energetic dance session I had ever witnessed, been a part of, or been possessed by. I can remember clearly looking at Pete and back out at the continuously growing crowd, and saying
    "Holy Shit, is this insane or what?!!" I swear, by the end of their set, I would have gladly boarded that pyramid as a hostage!

I must give credit though to Prodigy in 2005. It was only my 2nd year and I was still rocking the classic and metal only music and unfamiliar with alot of what Coachella had to offer. There were no conflicts whatsoever because everything was new to my music tastes then. When Prodigy bounded onto the Sahara stage, I honestly thought I had discovered the common denominator between Rock and Electronic, and the Coachella Seed had been planted. That gave reason to start exploring a whole different circle of music genres, and from then on, the first place I head to in a music store is the dance, indie, and alternative section VS the Rock and Metal section I used to hang out in.

I swear, I could watch that vid a million times and it would still excite the shit out of my erector pilli muscles!

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I must give credit though to Prodigy in 2005.

Ha haha, I was 7 months pregnant and fell asleep along the fence near the back. Eventually my husband woke me up, and we moved over to Bright Eyes. It was much better sleeping music.

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    do you rock out to the dub step?
    This is a trick question, isn't it? You're testing me on my knowledge of all the genres of electronic dance music, I just know it! LOL For someone like myself, who's fairly new to all of this, the list of options is daunting. I think of rocking out as Aerosmith and Disturbed. I'm still unable to sit still, but I wouldn't call it dancing.(And, God, don't get me started on my opinion of Mosh Pits! WTF is the concept behind that?

As far as Dub Step and the other 463 choices of electronic styles, if it has any sort of beat that captures the attention of my feet, I'm not so much rocking out as I'm dancing to where ever that sound takes me. I guess I'm still in the class that studies House/Techno/Electro/Breakbeat/Trance/Hip Hop/and Jungle, and I like them all if they make my body respond in some shape or form. Unfortunately, due to it's popularity and the continuous advancement of technology, they have all the branches of each electronic style, so the names confuse the hell out of me. I know I don't get too excited with the ambiant type stuff, or the trippy, spacey stuff, unless I'm on something or getting ready to put my feet to sleep. Other than that, I'm game to see where the rest of the options take me!

I would only do Ron if he wore the Dog Suit.
    this is a good answer.

he probably sniveled about all the aches and pains afterwards
    this is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Her computer is possessed. She gets to typing some huge epic novel and when she goes to post, it sometimes locks up or shuts down.
    What's funny is that the same damn thing happens when he comes home from work and wants to chill... There I am, all yada,yada,yada, blah,blah,blah, and I look over and he's asleep in the chair! LOL

BD, it appears you like to write. would you mind typing up a short story by the end of the week, with board members as characters? you can choose the setting. i just ask that it entail drama, comedy, lust, and action.
    LOL If you think I like to write, you need to experience my talking skills! Like I said earlier, ask me what time it is and off I'll go telling you how the clock was made first! A short story with board members in my choice of settings?LOL I could do that, but you should probably add suspense and enhancements to your list of requirements. Hell, a dash of terror couldn't hurt either! Ha,ha,ha!

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    and DANCING!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    On an island.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    GLITTER
    There you have it! Instead of a Homo/Hetero Island, The setting would be one island only.And, I still wouldn't do any of you because that would interfere with my short story writing. Considering all the activity I'm sure that would be occurring, I'd really have to remain in focus...*Must remember to bring my binoculars*

If you had to choose between Ron or Tom, who would you do?

We need a detailed list of pros and cons.
    Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL
    I would only do Ron if he wore the Dog Suit.

this is a good answer.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL
    he probably sniveled about all the aches and pains afterwards

this is not.
    Okay, maybe I was wrong. That was afterall, just one mad dash. A marathon with me would surely leave you hurting. We can't risk it...

If you had to name the one thing that you have done that most pleased your parents, what would you say?

Ha haha, I was 7 months pregnant and fell asleep along the fence near the back. Eventually my husband woke me up, and we moved over to Bright Eyes. It was much better sleeping music.
    I can't fathom falling anywhere near sleep if Prodigy is playing...Of course, I can't fathom being pregnant either. I am curious how a band that plays sleeping music manages to come up with a name like Bright Eyes though. LOL

If you had to name the one thing that you have done that most pleased your parents, what would you say?
    Oh, Lord, this will take some thought...Don't worry about my answer being long though... BRB

This is a trick question, isn't it? You're testing me on my knowledge of all the genres of electronic dance music, I just know it! LOL For someone like myself, who's fairly new to all of this, the list of options is daunting. I think of rocking out as Aerosmith and Disturbed. I'm still unable to sit still, but I wouldn't call it dancing.(And, God, don't get me started on my opinion of Mosh Pits! WTF is the concept behind that?

As far as Dub Step and the other 463 choices of electronic styles, if it has any sort of beat that captures the attention of my feet, I'm not so much rocking out as I'm dancing to where ever that sound takes me. I guess I'm still in the class that studies House/Techno/Electro/Breakbeat/Trance/Hip Hop/and Jungle, and I like them all if they make my body respond in some shape or form. Unfortunately, due to it's popularity and the continuous advancement of technology, they have all the branches of each electronic style, so the names confuse the hell out of me. I know I don't get too excited with the ambiant type stuff, or the trippy, spacey stuff, unless I'm on something or getting ready to put my feet to sleep. Other than that, I'm game to see where the rest of the options take me!
    i was'nt testing your knowledge in electronic music. i just got into edm a little over a couple years ago, so im new to it. i was just wondering if you knew about dub-step and rocked out to it. thats all.

as far as the short story, get creative with it. just make sure it makes sense. maybe having someone proof read it would'nt hurt either.

Christ, 5 hours later and I'm still hiking through my past trying to search for a memory of happy recognition and acknowledgenment from my parents. I'm sure this sounds pathetic, but honestly, I'm a little baffled trying to recall an answer.Getting any recognition from my father was like ramming my head into a wall. Wait, I take that back. Getting positive recognition. Negative recognition flowed on a daily basis. All through elementary school I was an A/B student, but the first thing he would say when looking over a report card was, "Well, let's see how bad you did." By highschool, I wasn't sure if maybe I had been doing it all backwards and should have started out with lower grades. (It seemed to work for my younger brother.)
    And, I'd like to think my mother is looking down on me right now, pleased that I've finally come to terms with the fact that there will never be acknowledgement from my father, and instead of worrying about pleasing him, I can worry about pleasing myself for a change.

Should I have just made this short and simple by answering, "Nothing?"

how many bothers and sisters do you have?

i was'nt testing your knowledge in electronic music. i just got into edm a little over a couple years ago, so im new to it. i was just wondering if you knew about dub-step and rocked out to it. thats all. as far as the short story, get creative with it. just make sure it makes sense. maybe having someone proof read it would'nt hurt either.
    You know, I'm gonna follow you and just use the term EDM if anyone asks about my favorite music. I mean, it covers the spectrum and without all the confusing details, it makes it easier for someone like me. Somebody recommened Ishkur's Guide to Electrinic Music a year or so ago, and I found it helpful in trying to understand in the beginning, but I also realized that if I followed a particular type EDM, I was perhaps missing another that I would have liked more.

how many bothers and sisters do you have?
    I have a younger brother. It was pretty cool at first because I wasn't old enough to go places yet, and my parents certainly weren't keeping me entertained, so he was like a new toy. I was a pretty proud 3 year old when they brought him home. BUT, like all fun toys, they lose there novelty in short time, and my brother was no exception. Once I started school, I was convinced he was taking advantage of that time to butter up to my parents. I would be gone 1/2 the day and come home getting into trouble for some mess that occurred due to him telling them I did it. The most memorable thought and perfect overview of the type brother I had comes from when I was about 12 and he was 9. I had found a cigarette. I can't recall if it was my idea or his, but we both ended up under my father's fishing boat in the back yard puffing away. Call it sibling bonding, whatever. Or, atleast that's what I felt...Not! The little piece of shit proceeded to then go inside and tell my mother that I was smoking cigarettes under the boat. Unbeknownst to me at the time, I was smart enough to go inside and wash my hands and brush my teeth first, then head upstairs. From out of nowhere, there's my mother drilling me about smoking cigarettes and when she told me that Tim told her, I immediately realized what a shit he was and imfomed her he had been with me. Her reply was, "Now, why would he tell on you if he was there too? That's rediculous! You better quit your lying!" The whole time I'm facing this, that little piece of shit is standing right beside her with a smirk on his face! From that point on, that became his M.O. and I became convinced God had sent him down to make me look bad.

the short story is going to be phenomenal..
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    the short story is going to be phenomenal..
    Devin, Devin, Devin, my boy...Out of curiosity, what possessed you to pick me for this week? I mean, I haven't had a bunch of questions to answer, but the questions I have had actually made me have to think before answering! (Obviously, something new for me around here...) And apparently, I'm also quite the thinker since my answers seem to be of epic proportion in size. It's not easy living with the "What time is it?" syndrome, especially when you're trying to explain yourself to people before they fall asleep reading your explanation! What's really suprised me so far is I haven't had to dig in my little black bag of offensive comments to defend myself. Not sure if that's good or bad. I know it's less time consuming compared to all this thinking I'm doing so far! LOL
    Devin! Are you listening to me, dammit?
    And about the short story request? Phenomenal??? Have you been paying attention to the size of my answers? Can you imagine what I could do with a story involving board members? Yikes! Dani would surely have to set limits of some sort, like with the avatars, if I planned to post a story like that here! LOL Until then...ask away! Hugs,
    Mom

If you had to dedicate a song on the radio right now to Suff, which song would you pick?

Brothers can be a pain in the ass. My brother was the one that ratted me out to my parents that I was smoking pot.

#039 - Where There's Smoke
    Jan and Marcia see Greg smoking and Marcia rats him out to their parents. Greg cops to his crime and says he won't do it again, but is in deep guacamole the following day when a pack of cigarettes falls out of his jacket pocket.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

BD, Which female superhero/cartoon character did you most relate to growing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I am glad "our" question got dropped fast.... Bev my question is "Why no children?" ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

i just thought you were obviously next in line, given that we are the oddball members, along with a few others. next you have to choose Suffa or Nbv or someone else of strange proportions. strangers choosing strangers, yep. :]
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Damn you ^

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I am glad "our" question got dropped fast.... Bev my question is "Why no children?" ..... cr****
    Bad aim + i shoot blanks.

If you had to dedicate a song on the radio right now to Suff, which song would you pick?
    Brothers can be a pain in the ass. My brother was the one that ratted me out to my parents that I was smoking pot.
    I've often wished we could have met before both of us wasted all that time learning lessons in life and love, but then we may not have appreciated each other as much now because of those lessons. Since we're now both in our 40's, and not getting younger, I'd dedicate this song...
    Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce

If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that Id like to do
    Is to save every day
    Till eternity passes away
    Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
    If words could make wishes come true
    Id save every day like a treasure and then,
    Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do
    Once you find them
    Ive looked around enough to know
    That youre the one I want to go
    Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
    And dreams that had never come true
    The box would be empty
    Except for the memory
    Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do
    Once you find them
    Ive looked around enough to know
    That youre the one I want to go
    Through time with

And, when words can't describe how I feel, I would dedicate this...

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Damn you ^
    !
    LOL! <33

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    #039 - Where There's Smoke
    Jan and Marcia see Greg smoking and Marcia rats him out to their parents. Greg cops to his crime and says he won't do it again, but is in deep guacamole the following day when a pack of cigarettes falls out of his jacket pocket.
    I know this isn't a question, but it reminded me about an incident afew years into realizing I'd have to be trickier if I was gonna be able to get away with anything that most teenagers do. (I can already hear them both saying, "But, you're not most teenagers!" Ha,ha, ha...) By the time 14-15 rolled around, I wanted to smoke, but had to be very careful because by that time I was convinced my brother had a vendetta against me and wanted to be an only child. There could be no evidence. The main part of our house was upstairs, while I had my bedroom downstairs in the basement. (Yeah, I know...they may as well have put me outside with the dog. LOL) It worked out quite nicely though since I could sneak out to the yard and quickly hotbox the shit out of a cigarette, then slip back in and freshen up while they were all upstairs playing family. I'd hide my cigarettes between my mattresses, but had to be careful with the empty packs. Couldn't throw them in the trash since "the spy" would surely announce it. What I never planned for was my father needing to do some rewiring on an outlet in my room behind my bed one morning... He needed to take the bed apart to get to the outlet. That was not a good thing since there happened to be atleast 15 empty cigarette packs there, plus one I had just opened. I mean, how do you explain or deny shit like that as he's standing there making me watch him break each smoke, one at a time, while saying, "See this? That will be your fingers if I ever catch you smoking again!"

Yes, I still smoke. BUT...48 years old or not, if you and I are sitting there smoking, and my father were to walks in the room...cigarettes are gonna fly or be put out on the carpet, whichever works!

Did your parents smoke?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    BD, Which female superhero/cartoon character did you most relate to growing up?
    I never really got into the superhero thing when I was younger. I was kinda chunky as a child and that whole tights and cape thing did nothing for making me look hero-ish. Not to mention, after watching a show on flying squirrels and then attempting to get my hamster to fly off the 2nd floor, I knew trying to fly myslef was a recipe for disaster. So, scratch the super hero dream. As for cartoon characters...I created my own on paper. Sure, there was Daffy Duck who made me laugh, or Lucy and her lemonade stand and pissy attitude, but none compared to what I could conjur up in my mind and put down on paper. That chubby little girl you see here and there on the board is my alter ego. My mom would buy me 500 pages of typing paper and I could sit in my room forever and draw or doodle shit, and that sure beat the hell out of sitting and watching cartoons with my brother. Of course, back then, that little girl was a mere stick figure and hadn't fully developed yet, but now, other than those obnoxious feet she has, our minds pretty much work the same. For example...

can you play hot for teacher on guitar?, if so vid please