Page 193 of 454 FirstFirst ... 188189190191192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I've got two questions:

1) What's for dinner?

and

2) Do you know what I did with my keys?
    1) Chicken, I think

2) No; but if you lost your keys, how did you get to work?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Wow, I effectively killed this thread.
    You obviously pissed off the Churro Gods...
    I'll help you to redeem yourself at Coachella 2010 by sharing in the Ceremony of Oral Churro Worship together, how's that?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

If you were six inches tall for a day, what would you do?

Capt!! Have you given any thought to my question?
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

If you had some kind of telepathically-linked animal minion, what animal would it be?

What are the top 12 Depeche Mode songs? In order please.

Hi Captain.

Just realized this is your week.

Where do you think you'll be when your 65? How do you think Coachella and this message board will look in your memory?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you were six inches tall for a day, what would you do?
    I seriously love to know what is going on. Hopefully it would be a work day so I could sneak under the door on the executive floor and eavesdrop on all the conversations. Then I could blackmail them for more money. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Capt!! Have you given any thought to my question?
    My perfect day would probably revolve around being on a beach without having to worry about sunscreen, being able to eat whatever I want and not worry about gaining an ounce, and being able to maintain a perfect buzz without getting hung over early or too drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    If you had some kind of telepathically-linked animal minion, what animal would it be?
    A big lion; I'd have him take out the entire crazy religious right. Plus anyone else that pisses me off. God, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    What are the top 12 Depeche Mode songs? In order please.
    1) Shake the Disease
    2) Halo
    3) In Your Room
    4) The Sun and the Rainfall
    5) Enjoy the Silence
    6) Happiest Girl
    7) Rush
    8) Ghost
    9) Little 15
    10) Sister of Night
    11) Lillian
    12) And Then...

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Hi Captain.

Just realized this is your week.

Where do you think you'll be when your 65? How do you think Coachella and this message board will look in your memory?
    I hope that when I'm 65 I still have a memory. I hope Coachella still exists even though I doubt it. I hope I'm still interested in music. I think this board would continue to evolve and I'd like to think that those that I have become friends with will still be in my life in some capacity. I'm sure I'll remember it fondly since I've spent so much time on it. I'd like to be retired in Hawaii; maybe not fully retired, but not working full time. I'd like to be retired from the airline so I can retain my flight benefits and continue to travel wherever I want.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

What was your best decision?

Captn'. i know you have been in internetz fights, but have you ever been in a real fight with all the punching, kicking, hair pulling and stuff? Please tell us your best fight story.

What was your best decision?
    Giving birth rather than having an abortion. I was on the fence about that one for a couple of weeks (being single and 19 and all) but my life didn't really have any direction at the time, so making that choice really kicked my ass into gear. I wish circumstances had been different, but it still was the best decision I ever made.

Captn'. i know you have been in internetz fights, but have you ever been in a real fight with all the punching, kicking, hair pulling and stuff? Please tell us your best fight story.
    No, never needed to. All of my fights have always been verbal. Let's face it, I'm a big girl. In school, no one ever wanted to fuck with me simply because I looked mean. Somebody said about me once: "Jennifer looks like the type of person that would jump out of a car and beat somebody up because she was bored." That reputation never really left me. Which is fine. My best friend in school was always stealing other girls' boyfriends and if I wasn't around, they would fuck with her.

oooh, like a Golden Compass daemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    1) This is embarrassing, but the first show I went to was Y&T and Yngvie Malmstein at the Celebrity Theater in Phoenix.
    Why is it embarrassing? I still listen to Y&T occasionally; I have some of the remasters. My musical palate is simultaneously broad but still narrow enough to dislike or loathe many of the acts Coachella has hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Why is it embarrassing? I still listen to Y&T occasionally; I have some of the remasters. My musical palate is simultaneously broad but still narrow enough to dislike or loathe many of the acts Coachella has hosted.
    13 posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

That.

I also decided that if I had a lion minion, I would take out Heidi and Spencer. Then I would admit it was my lion that had done the eating, and I would be hailed as the second coming.

Wink Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    13 posts.

You spend way too much time online.

Or at least on this forum.

captncrzy,

please tell us about your musical past. What did you listen to when you were growing up? Did anyone have an influence on what you listened to? What bands got you into different genres of music?

Also, if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year span, when would it be?

Hey Captn". You come off as a fairly tough individual. What's your biggest fear?

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    captncrzy,

please tell us about your musical past. What did you listen to when you were growing up? Did anyone have an influence on what you listened to? What bands got you into different genres of music?

Also, if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year span, when would it be?
    I remember getting the Breakfast Club soundtrack and Rio by Duran Duran for my birthday one year and that's the first time I remember actually listening to music that wasn't on my parent's radio. The first album (I guess it was a cassette) I ever bought with my own money was "Theater of Pain" by Motley Crue. So for most of the 80's, I was a hair metal fan. Poison, Slaughter, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Ratt, the Crue. I'm happy that Kurt Cobain came along and blew it for them, because God knows how far that could have gone. By the time grunge happened, metal had really started to get really really bad. So I took a minor grunge detour with Pearl Jam and Nirvana and the like. I also really got into the Doors around this time. Then I discovered Depeche Mode. I guess it was around 94 or so and I've never backed away from that genre. I still love the dark, electronic stuff more than anything else.

If I had to listen to a five year span, I'd pick 88-93. There's so much great music in that time frame, and so much diversity.

Hey Captn". You come off as a fairly tough individual. What's your biggest fear?
    Something bad happening to my daughter, getting stabbed, bridges (driving over and under them), dying, getting eaten by a large animal, serial killers, dentists. Pretty much in that order.

So, who's in the Hot Seat for manana?

Are you over your PMS?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    So, who's in the Hot Seat for manana?
    cdubby

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Are you over your PMS?
    nope

I'm here. Ask away.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post

You spend way too much time online.

Or at least on this forum.
    who the fuck are you? my mother?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I'll start. Can you tell me a little about yourself? Music, food, upbringing, whatever.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Cdub:

If you could go on a date(platonic or romantic) with any famous living person, who would it be and what would you do to entertain yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I'll start. Can you tell me a little about yourself? Music, food, upbringing, whatever.

Born in Fresno raised in Hanford, a town of about 50,000 people full of bro's and navy families. I have seen the town double in size living here. Went away to Sonoma State for school and fell in love with the Bay Area. Studied psychology and I am now enrolling into Chapman for a multi-subject teaching credential, they have a campus here in Hanford. I am starting my program at the end of October. I'm substitute teaching for the time being which has been a unique experience.

My music memories are some of the strongest that I have from childhood. Mainly going on roadtrips with the family and listening to my dad's tapes. Talking Heads, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, and the Grateful Dead are what stand out. I definitely grew up on MTV as well. RHCP's "Give it Away" video, B-52's "Love Shack", George Michael's "Too Funky" video and Madonna's "Like a Prayer" were my first memories of "wow girls are hot." And of course Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was ingrained into my young brain and it was my first tape that I ever purchased along with C&C Music Factories "Gonna Make You Sweat".

Food- Mexican. I can eat it for lunch and dinner everyday. Eating a chile verde burrito as I type. But for breakfast I love blueberry pancakes with a tall orange juice.

And I guess I'll throw in just for shits n' giggles- I live in a very conservative area and my family is very liberal. I have a brother and two sisters- both sisters are lesbians.
    Last edited by Cdubby; 09-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    Cdub:

If you could go on a date(platonic or romantic) with any famous living person, who would it be and what would you do to entertain yourselves?
    Brad Pitt and I would give him a bubble bath.

On a more serious note I don't have celebrity crushes or anything along those lines. I would like to hang out with Trent Reznor for the day in a studio while he works on a new song. Just watch how he creates what he does, like a fly on the wall. Then if he wasn't sober, go get a beer with him and shoot the shit.

Oh God, how could I forget this video-

I felt so naughty at like the age of 7 watching this, this girl was so hot. Damn embedded disabled.