Page 188 of 454 FirstFirst ... 183184185186187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,640 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

  1. #5611

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    i wonder if anyone will ever choose me for this..
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  2. #5612

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    cubrocker: BEAR FORCE 1 (ONE) - endearing or insulting?
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  3. #5613
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,196

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post
    When you think of gay men fighting you think of queeny bitches. But let me tell you some of these older leather guys can be just was catty.
    That's the truth. One time, me and my friends went to the the Hairrison Street Fair in SF and my friends saw two bears get into a fist fight because one spilled the others beer. Naturally, a few minutes later they were making out.

    And let me just be the first to say OH HELLZ NAW on Bearforce-1.

  4. #5614
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Great movie list!

    Was he going to clean up after himself since you were just finishing cleaning?

    Any other good stories from the bar?

  5. #5615
    Member seandlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,887

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What are your 5 most prized posessions in life and if you were to die soon, who would you plan on giving them to and why?

  6. #5616

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    And let me just be the first to say OH HELLZ NAW on Bearforce-1.
    good to know. i was wondering why all my closeted jock friends were so into them, and this explains it.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  7. #5617
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    cubrocker: BEAR FORCE 1 (ONE) - endearing or insulting?
    i have no opinion of it either way. its kinda stupid. but most bear shit is stupid.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  8. #5618
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    What are your 5 most prized posessions in life and if you were to die soon, who would you plan on giving them to and why?
    i dont really have anything thats THAT important to me. i mean obviously computer, car, etc. stuff that i would just leave to my family to take. and my art would all go to my dear friend Phil Martin (shit half of it is actually his anyway hahaha)
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  9. #5619
    Member JewFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    SoulDischarge:
    Craig's List? Ewwwww. You can't take 5 mins to fill out a manhunt profile? (Did he throw in a free end table in good condition?)

    Cubby:
    Thanks for the advice on languages. I'm almost positive that I'm going with French now. It would be amazing to do theatre or film in France one day.

    As for German music, are you familiar with Peter Fox? He seems to be very popular in Germany. I really like what little of him I've heard. And if your music listening habits extend to the first half of the 20th Century there's always the great Kurt Weill. It wasn't until I heard Kurt Weill's music that I realized German could be such a beautiful lanuage.


    New Questions:

    • Let's say you win tomorrow's Mega Millions lottery. Obviously, it's assumed that you will pay off all of your debts and perhaps those of your family as well. What's next? Tell us two relatively extravagant things you would spend a good chunk of change on. Tell us a cause/charity/organization you would like to support with a small % of your 10s of millions. (PS, please don't actually win. Winning the lottery, along with use of my Ralph's Club Card is the foundation of my long-term financial plan.)

    • Fastest you've ever driven?

    • Tell us something you've done that has required personal bravery and courage. It need not be heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

  10. #5620
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,020

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Nice bullet points! (where do you get the bullets on your keyboard?)
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  11. #5621
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,667

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    How come all the pervs came out of the woodwork for my week? Jeez-Louise!
    Not so fast, cupcake...With the education I got from asking you questions, and the fact that damn essay is done, I'm ready to explode with my inquiring mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post

    i still think seth is way cuter. but thank you.
    im SOOOOOOOO glad you asked my opinion on this!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope I make you just as happy!
    cubrocker, you really do look like Seth Rogen, BTW...Anyway, you're scheduled to meet someone who isn't aware of your sexual orientation. It's not a date or a potential for anything other than making a new friend.Upon first introductions, you realize she still has no clue... Maybe she's just dense and lame, who knows? Anyway, you're in for afew hours of getting to know each other as individuals. Do you come right out and state that you are gay, to avoid any misunderstanding, or, do you continue on with the idle chit chat and see if she really is a ditz, and then point this fact out to her?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  12. #5622
    Member JewFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Nice bullet points! (where do you get the bullets on your keyboard?)
    This one's easy!

    Step 1:
    Select 'Go Advanced' before starting your reply.





    Step 2:
    Click on the little bullet icon to create a bullet list. The numbered icon to its left would create a numbered list.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

  13. #5623
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,196

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    SoulDischarge:
    Craig's List? Ewwwww. You can't take 5 mins to fill out a manhunt profile? (Did he throw in a free end table in good condition?)
    Not to turn this into the get to know your fellow board members' internet dating habits thread, but there's nothing wrong with craigslist if you're reasonably intelligent, honest, direct, and careful. You can meet some really cool people there as well as some completely fucking insane people, just like anywhere else on the internet. If you reply to ads, just don't reply to ones that are trashy and sketchy. If you post an ad, just be upfront about who you are and what you're looking for and just ignore the few fuckjobs who don't know how to read and just want to lick a stranger's ass or whatever. Regular dating sites work a lot better when you're a young thin attractive person who is interested in other young thing attractive people in a major metropolitan city. Small town gay bars are usually a total washout if you aren't chasing the typical stereotype as well. In fact, I'd say it's a little bit easier and safer to find decent people through craigslist than in real life because you can engage in conversation for awhile before meeting anyone in the flesh. Not everyone using craigslist is psychotic or a disease ridden whorebag.

    To turn this around, cub, how do you typically meet guys? What's the bear scene in Arizona like? What aspect of the bear community do you find most ridiculous? Most endearing?

  14. #5624
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,020

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Wow. THANK YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  15. #5625
    Entry level Alt kitt kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    6,081

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    hahahahhaa great visual guides, there.

  16. #5626
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,667

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    This one's easy!
    Step 1:
    Select 'Go Advanced' before starting your reply.

    Step 2:
    Click on the little bullet icon to create a bullet list. The numbered icon to its left would create a numbered list.
    Andrew, you're just a clothing optional kinda guy aren't you? *giggle*

    cubrocker, I'd swear the bar you work at has some relationship to the bar I started out at, including that shitty old man! How long have you been serving adult beverages, and did you go to a bartending school or were you schooled through the adult supervision program of trial and error?

    Patience, Andrew...I'm just getting warmed up with cubrocker before I go all perv, as you say!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  17. #5627
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,874

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    At what point did you discover the "bear scene" and when did you decide that you were going to be part of it? How do you feel about all these labels? Personally I hate them so goddamn fucking much you have no idea. I hate having to be labeled, I wish we didn't have to be divided into all these categories and sub-categories etc. etc. But that's just me.

    Also, is it just bears and bear types that attract you? I won't lie, I love my big gruff, beefy, hairy men but I also equally love my fit, hunky, euro-boys as well. And everything in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  18. #5628
    Member Castanets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    This one's easy!
    Step 1:
    Select 'Go Advanced' before starting your reply.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Andrew, you seem to visit some very interesting websites.


    Cubrocker - Sick of all the bear questions yet? Also...
    A film is being made about your life. Name 3 songs which would be used for each period of your life on the film's soundtrack:
    Early childhood-Elementary School years
    High School years
    College years

  19. #5629
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    In your bar do you typically see stereotypes of each of the labels?

    Do you have any interesting nicknames for Heteros?

  20. #5630
    Member JewFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    SD:
    Hope you don't think I was attacking you. Just giving you a gentle ribbing there. I'm glad that you found what you needed on CL. We cool?


    Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Andrew, you seem to visit some very interesting websites.
    Oh, and, yes, it's amazing what you can find on the interweb. Ha ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

  21. #5631
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,196

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Nah. I didn't take it that way. I just have too much free time on my hands so I rant about any and every thing any more.

  22. #5632
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What is an odd phobia of yours?

  23. #5633
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    SoulDischarge:
    Craig's List? Ewwwww. You can't take 5 mins to fill out a manhunt profile? (Did he throw in a free end table in good condition?)


    for the record- manhunt is equally disgusting

    ....but maybe i just live in a disgusting city.

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post

    • Let's say you win tomorrow's Mega Millions lottery. Obviously, it's assumed that you will pay off all of your debts and perhaps those of your family as well. What's next? Tell us two relatively extravagant things you would spend a good chunk of change on. Tell us a cause/charity/organization you would like to support with a small % of your 10s of millions. (PS, please don't actually win. Winning the lottery, along with use of my Ralph's Club Card is the foundation of my long-term financial plan.)
    Buy myself a fancy house and car.

    Travel the world.

    ....come on thats too easy- who wouldnt?

    and a charity? hrmmmm.... probably give it to something for young less fortunate children to be able to do things like get laptops or travel or something.

    sorry i guess this is a kinda a boring answer.... i feel bad that i dont have something more extravagant to say.


    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Fastest you've ever driven?
    i maxed my moms infiniti G35 out around 130mph



    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    [*]Tell us something you've done that has required personal bravery and courage. It need not be heroic.[/LIST]
    my best friend OD'd my senior year of high school- i was at a house party and i was the only one that even knew the guy. i threw him in the back of my jeep and drove him to a gas station and called 911 to get him an ambulance, i was only 17 and it was the first time i had experimented with cocaine. he was sweating buckets, pale as a ghost, unresponsive, moaning, and his limbs were all mangled up in weird positions. .....everyone at the party told me i should drop him at his parents doorstep and leave him. of course i didnt... but i think it took some balls to do what i did and take responsibility at that age. my mom came and picked me up and asked me if i had been "smokin dope"... lol i told her i certainly had been.






    PS!!!!!!!! sorry im not answering all these faster. its been an exhausting week and the questions just pile up. ill get around to each and every one of them- i promise. I should be sleeping though- gotta get up for my Turkish class in a number of hours.

    please keep asking questions!!!! starting tomorrow and this weekend i have a bit more freetime and my sanity is slowly returning as well. and im enjoying all the questions.
    Last edited by cubrocker; 08-28-2009 at 03:30 AM.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  24. #5634

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    whoa.. two of my former friends have OD'd and died this year. the funerals are the worst. i wish i had more questions for you. but you are brave for doing that. tear.
    Last edited by Devin the Dude; 08-28-2009 at 03:38 AM.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  25. #5635
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,020

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa! Andrew, you seem to visit some very interesting websites.
    Oh damn, clever subtext! I missed that. Nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  26. #5636
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,020

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Also, cubrocker I am really enjoying your week!

    Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  27. #5637
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,042

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Cubrocker, I always like the crash kind of questions lol. You are on a life raft and one of three people have to jump ship or the other two will die also. Do you jump out, push out your mom, or push out your SO. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  28. #5638
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Anyway, you're scheduled to meet someone who isn't aware of your sexual orientation. It's not a date or a potential for anything other than making a new friend.Upon first introductions, you realize she still has no clue... Maybe she's just dense and lame, who knows? Anyway, you're in for afew hours of getting to know each other as individuals. Do you come right out and state that you are gay, to avoid any misunderstanding, or, do you continue on with the idle chit chat and see if she really is a ditz, and then point this fact out to her?
    lol this has happened before. theres a couple options. one is to remain completely cryptic and androgynous... makes it confusing for her and fun for me.

    other option is to slip it in subtly- the way i usually out myself to strangers if i have to is by saying something like "oh my ex, he used to do that" etc etc

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    To turn this around, cub, how do you typically meet guys? What's the bear scene in Arizona like? What aspect of the bear community do you find most ridiculous? Most endearing?
    meet guys? lets be honest, i dont. i guess the last guy i dated i met at work. but for the most part the guys in tucson are pretty lame. the bear scene is mostly really boring older guys who are pricks. i dont really associate with them much here.

    aspect the most ridiculous is that people are so bitchy and snobby and exclusive about it.... although also all the silly terms are pretty ridiculous too. most endearing is that i like me some hairy fat boys.

    ultimately the bear community is pretty stupid. especially here in tucson.

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    cubrocker, I'd swear the bar you work at has some relationship to the bar I started out at, including that shitty old man! How long have you been serving adult beverages, and did you go to a bartending school or were you schooled through the adult supervision program of trial and error?
    haha well i have been at my current job about a year, but i bartended at applebees beforehand. learned to bartend there, not through bartending school or anything (i think bartending school is a joke) and it was a lot more precise there- had to use jiggers to measure out my liquor, made lots of fu-fu drinks there. my job now is a lot more fun, i free-pour my drinks and i dont use a fuckin blender, lol. i learned applebees bartending through a little book of recipes i had to learn but honestly all the important aspects of bartending ive learned through trial and error- with or without adult supervision lol.

    Last edited by cubrocker; 08-29-2009 at 12:00 PM.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  29. #5639
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    At what point did you discover the "bear scene" and when did you decide that you were going to be part of it?
    was really strange. i had issues coming out cause i saw the gay stereotype and realized "thats not me, i must not be totally gay"... and then i met some bear boys who were my first gay friends and honestly i kinda just fell into it that way. it doesnt hurt that i epitomize the look lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    How do you feel about all these labels? Personally I hate them so goddamn fucking much you have no idea. I hate having to be labeled, I wish we didn't have to be divided into all these categories and sub-categories etc. etc. But that's just me.
    i dont take them seriously at all. theyre just silly. but you gotta laugh, ya know?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Also, is it just bears and bear types that attract you? I won't lie, I love my big gruff, beefy, hairy men but I also equally love my fit, hunky, euro-boys as well. And everything in between
    yeah pretty much only beefier guys. particularly redheads, hairy guys, big legs and butts, short guys. i like a bearish build but not a big ol chubby dude. but thin/fit/swimmer type guys just dont due anything for me.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

  30. #5640
    Member cubrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    1,425

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Cubrocker - Sick of all the bear questions yet?
    a bit... but its all good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Also...
    A film is being made about your life. Name 3 songs which would be used for each period of your life on the film's soundtrack:

    Early childhood-Elementary School years
    High School years
    College years
    damn this is so hard to do. okay here goes. i had to add a catgory though. and some baby pics.




    Early childhood-
    Levitate me - The Pixies

    Elementary School years:
    Close to Me - The Cure,


    Junior High:
    9th at Pine - Less Than Jake,

    High School years:
    Doin The Cockroach - Modest Mouse,
    At Your Funeral - Saves the Day,
    Dostoyevsky Gets Mugged Outside A Donut Shop In New Jersey - Kind of Like Spitting

    College years:
    Atoms for Peace - Thom Yorke,
    Avignon - Pinback,
    The Garden - Mirah,
    Fireworks - Animal Collective

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    In your bar do you typically see stereotypes of each of the labels?
    we see it all but not quite as much i guess. we call it a "men's" bar. you wont often find real feminine or young/"pretty" types. also wont find drag queens or anything like that. its mostly blue collar guys, cowboys, leather guys, or just average joes. like i said though... ive seen it all

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Do you have any interesting nicknames for Heteros?
    breeders

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    What is an odd phobia of yours?
    heights and guns

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Also, cubrocker I am really enjoying your week!

    Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
    thanks darlin! this weekend no not really. studying my Turkish, catching up on answering these questions (ive been working and going to school nonstop) and maybe cleaning the house up a lot. i work fri/sat/sun/tues/weds nights and have school mon-fri. ...so really i dont get weekends or freetime. right now im considering going out for lunch and getting a little intoxicated hehe.



    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Cubrocker, I always like the crash kind of questions lol. You are on a life raft and one of three people have to jump ship or the other two will die also. Do you jump out, push out your mom, or push out your SO. cr****
    i think i would jump. but i dont have a significant other.... you have to realize though if you jump out youre leaving your partner with your mother! thats cruel.
    Last edited by cubrocker; 08-29-2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Similar Threads

  1. Board members who make music
    By corbo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 01:33 PM
  2. If this board had 95,000,000 members
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
  3. CBM Impressions of Board Members
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:29 PM
  4. Hey Board Members...should I or shouldn't I???
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
  5. PF/VET BOARD MEMBERS..... HELP ME....
    By take2andpass in forum Passes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •