Page 186 of 454 FirstFirst ... 181182183184185186187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Wheels Of Cheese

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Wow I must of been awfully hungover to re-ask the same question... sorry 'bout that.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

What are your 5 most prized posessions and why? AND if you were to die tomorrow, who would you give those prized posessions to?
    What is your most cherished child hood memory?
    What school did you transfer from to get into Loyola?

Last film you saw that truly knocked your proverbial socks off?

Celebrity Death Pool. Name 3 other celebs you expect to have passed on before New Year's Eve.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

Hey y'all. I'm travelling til tomorrow, so keep on asking questions and I'll get them all covered when I get back. And I'll pm someone tomorrow too for next week.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Throughout college and highschool, what has been your favorite class and why?
    Favorite book?
    Favorite album of 2009?
    Biggest fear?

This may have been asked but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Where do you stand with regards to consumers who purchase download music? Are you prepared for your personal self and your professional self to hit a crossroad?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

bmack,
    if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year span, where in the timeline of music history would your five years be?

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Top 3 favorite los angeles eateries.

And what was yr best Amoeba find, if any?
    Top 3 LA:Cole's. They do better French dips than Phillipe's, and have better cocktails and a better atmosphere.
    El Parian. A little taco shop two blocks from the Convention Center with some of the most amazing Carne Asada on the planet.
    Baby Blue's BBQ. Hot damn. I'd eat everything on the menu and say goodday!

Yesterday, at Amoeba berkeley, I found a clear red sealed first press copy of Evol by Sonic Youth for 16 bucks. Blast First.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Fuck yeah!

I don't keep up with these things, so sorry if these are repeats. Do you see yourself as a family man one day? If you could choose your death, how would you go? Describe the most terrifying moment of your life.
    I would definitely love to be a family man. I love kids, and I am very much an intimate person with good friends. I'd think of my eventual wife as my closest friend probably, and I think I'd do quite well in that situation. I've got a lot of love to give, as they say.

Death? I think if there was some way to have a heart attack from pure excitement and have it just drop me right away, that'd be it. It'd be pretty badass to die from being so wowed by something, and I think to die from excitement would mean you saw just about the most awesome thing your life would permit. Even if it hurt, it'd probably be fine.

I was on a roller coaster outside of Vegas that used to be known as having the tallest drop in the world. Right as the coaster was about to enter the drop (the last two cars were still on the brakes) all the power went out in the whole area. The automatic brakes grabbed the last car, and the rest was left dangling over the edge. At the time it was terrifying because we were left up there not knowing what was happening, and we had to climb over a 6 foot gap to get to the stairway to walk back down. It was more terrifying when I found out that, if we had missed the last brakes, we would have been in a free fall only to hit closed gears at the bottom, so the ride would have basically had a head-on and collapsed onto the tracks going 80 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    What are your 5 most prized posessions and why? AND if you were to die tomorrow, who would you give those prized posessions to?
    What is your most cherished child hood memory?
    What school did you transfer from to get into Loyola?
    5 most prized possessions: I've got a pocket watch that has been passed down on my dad's side of the family for centuries. It's not worked for at least 60 years, but it's awesome, understated, and gold. I love my crappy guitar because I've had it for so long and I can get good sound out of it, even though it was made for beginners. I have a cherry wood seal that my great grandfather carved for me when I was really little. It's so awesome looking, and he was a really cool guy, so I love that. Outside of those three things, it's probably just records and posters and some cool clothing. I have lots of that stuff, but not too many really amazing possessions.

My favorite memory as a kid would probably be a boating trip we took with my Dad's friend. He was this really great funny guy, and we just water skied, tubed and hung out a ton for a week on Lake Powell. I remember that being our best boating trip, and even moreso since he died during a traffic stop a few years ago.

I didn't transfer per se. I graduated from UCLA in 2008, and I started Loyola for law.

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Last film you saw that truly knocked your proverbial socks off?

Celebrity Death Pool. Name 3 other celebs you expect to have passed on before New Year's Eve.
    This afternoon I saw Inglorious Basterds, and I had a blast. I was laughing or captivated the whole time. The guy who plays the Jew Hunter is magnificent.

One of those is easy as hell: Patrick Swayze. He's just not gonna make it. The other two? Kirstie Alley-Seems like it'd be good publicity, and Rick Astley (Fuck it, he's not doing anything else).

Throughout college and highschool, what has been your favorite class and why?
    Favorite book?
    Favorite album of 2009?
    Biggest fear?
    My favorite class was History of Funk. It was taught as a collaboration between the music history and african american studies course, and the professor was absolutely fantastic. He really knew a ton about funk and tied it in to the developments in African American society from the 70s to present. Great class

Favorite book: the one that had the most gut impact was definitely Naked Lunch by Burroughs. It was reading a fever dream, and I felt like it was an important and entertaining read. If not that, then The Castle by Kafka. What a terrifying story, especially since it's just bureaucracy.

Veckatimest. I love that album. It's diminished a bit in my mind since it first came out, but it's still great. Bitte Orca is fantastic as well, and the Cold Cave album that they self-released is going to probably be my sleeper favorite. It's insanely catchy darkwave synth music.

I fucking hate spiders with a passion. Not for any particular reason, but I hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    This may have been asked but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Where do you stand with regards to consumers who purchase download music? Are you prepared for your personal self and your professional self to hit a crossroad?
    I think you may be asking where do I stand with people who don't purchase, but only download? I think that it's something the music industry is going to just have to accept at some point. There may be a way for them to find a way to make money from it (like maybe hosting their own download sights with advertising, so they make money off the ads) but gut instinct says the industry is going to focus more on artist development and live shows in the future. My professional self will work to make that a possibility, but I guess a crossroads is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    bmack,
    if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year span, where in the timeline of music history would your five years be?
    I did this one in the Music Lounge BMOTW deal, but I'd say 2004-2009. There's so much music out right now that I love, and there's so much more that I know has come out that I haven't heard yet. I feel like I could find an astonishing breadth of sounds that simply didn't exist long ago. Secondary response, more for me just loving the music of the era, would be 83-88. Tons and tons of great punk/indie/hardcore/psych/industrial and generally exciting albums

I was about to give up on this week when I remembered a question worth asking:

Bryan what do you miss the most about doing radio? What do you miss the least?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

2004-2009? Seriously? What good music came out in 98 and 99?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Maybe you should ask that question again Randy?

Hello. Do you associate certain fond memories of times with friends or family with any songs in particular? What song comes to mind?

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I was about to give up on this week when I remembered a question worth asking:

Bryan what do you miss the most about doing radio? What do you miss the least?
    The most obvious thing I miss is the actual show. I had such a blast getting on the air every week and just kicking back and playing music with one of my best friends. That was great. I don't miss all the bureaucracy behind getting a good time slot, keeping the station running, getting funding from the board, and dealing with crappy, unreliable radio hosts who would have shows before and after me. And watching a station that was awesome get dragged through the mud because some idiots didn't care enough to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    Hello. Do you associate certain fond memories of times with friends or family with any songs in particular? What song comes to mind?
    First things that jumped into my mind: Half A World Away by REM reminds me of a family trip through Arizona and just having such a peaceful drive. Every time I hear Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin, I'll think of my dad turning it up because my grandpa disliked it so much. Run to your Grave by the Mae Shi and Feathers by Man Man are two songs that are forever ingrained in my college experience, and my best friends and I often find ourselves singing them at the top of our lungs when we get together.

Randy, you're right, not a whole lot of good music came out in 98 or 99. It's why I chose to ignore those two years. Having bad taste must really be stressing you out, or maybe it's caring so much about what brokendoll is doing at all times.

Without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Cubrocker.

huzzah! thanks bmack

well my first day of school is today. and later ill be at work- but the macbook is coming along all day so im sure ill be on here to answer questions if theyre there. but for now im still laying in bed making angry faces at the alarm clock.

anyway kids, ask away.

Last edited by cubrocker; 08-24-2009 at 08:08 AM.
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

What is it that you enjoy most and least about bartending?

What are your long term goals?

When someone asks you to reccomend a drink, what do you reccomend?
    What is your favorite drink to consume?

Have you served a pregnant lady alcohol before?

What is your sexual orientation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What is it that you enjoy most and least about bartending?
    My most favorite thing is definately getting to talk to people and socialize. You hear personal stories all the time (people tell you shit they wouldnt EVER tell their mother or boyfriend or anything else). Its also a pretty free-ranged job. I can say and do what i want, smoke a cig when i feel like it, etc etc.

my LEAST favorite thing is dealing with drunk people, kicking them out, cutting them off, or dealing with the drama. Being an asshole is something you have to learn fast if youre going to be a tarbender.

tweekers make bartending really REALLY unfun.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What are your long term goals?
    long term goals eh? I want to see the world. Ive been through 7 countries in Europe, studied abroad in Germany, etc. but I really want to just travel all over and be free. Ultimately id like to accomplish something that will change peoples lives- I study linguistics and id really like to bring multilingualism to be a normality or atleast an option to American born children. Our nation has a real issue with the 'english only' philosophies and most of the world thinks we're really dumb for it.... and theyre kinda right.

ultimately id also like to find peace in my romantic and financial lives- you know the american dream.
    Last edited by cubrocker; 08-24-2009 at 01:28 PM.

When someone asks you to reccomend a drink, what do you reccomend?

What is your favorite drink to consume?
    I usually try to figure out what they like. Someone relatively simple who wants something slightly fancier, I go for margarita. If someone wants something 'fruity' i opt for malibu with cran, oj and pine juice. Otherwise I try and push a jack n coke or a cape cod on them to shut them up

favorite drink to consume is definately beer (something in the amber or darker family preferrend- kiltlifter, fat tire, old monkeyshine etc) with a shot of jägermeister on the side for sipping or just throwing back.

my usual when i walk in most places is "beer and a shot" and they know what i want.

Last edited by cubrocker; 08-24-2009 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Have you served a pregnant lady alcohol before?
    no... but when i worked at Applebees we had horror stories from coworkers of pregnant women ordering alcohol... in Arizona, you cannot deny a pregnant woman service of alcohol if she is over 21

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    What is your sexual orientation?
    i am teh gay (of the bear variety)

Last edited by cubrocker; 08-24-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Cubrocker,
    Any major regrets in life?

What's your perfect day from start to finish? (since no one asked yet...)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Cubrocker,
    Any major regrets in life?
    not really no- only a few.

i wish i had learned more languages when i was younger- thats when your brain sucks language up like a sponge. but Modest Mouse says it so simply "i know now what i knew then- yeah i know now what i knew then, well i know now what i knew then... but i didnt know then what i know now"

i also wish i had known what i wanted to major in when i started college- i wouldnt still be in college, lol.

i regret not having a good relationship with my dad, but thats not so much something i can control.

i would say that i regret some of the people ive dated- and regret giving up someone that i shouldnt have... but thats how love goes- gotta live and learn. gotta fuck it up a few times before you can figure out how to make a relationship work.

for the most part though- i dont regret a whole lot-

What's your perfect day from start to finish? (since no one asked yet...)
    by myself, exploring an exciting new place- a city ive never been to before. hopefully its raining lightly but never pouring, nice overcast skies and a cool chill in the air. wandering an unfamiliar city, sampling the beers in the bars, saying hello to strangers, checking out unusual shops, bookstores, antique shops, whatever. then retiring to the couch im most likely surfing, but not before a jump in the hot tub with a couple new friends and a bottle of jameson or atleast some good beers. staying up late listening to rain on the windows later on and sleeping in all morning the next day.

oh and somewhere in the process i get a blowjob from seth rogan

Last edited by cubrocker; 08-25-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post
    for the most part though- i dont regret a whole lot-
    A wise man once said it's better to regret something you did instead of regretting something you didn't do.

Cubrocker: Do you still plan on moving to Seattle? If not, where do you see yourself in a year or so from now?

Sounds awesome, except the seth rogen part. And the beer.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Sounds awesome, except the seth rogen part. And the beer.
    i would also gladly take Kevin from Top Chef 6

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    A wise man once said it's better to regret something you did instead of regretting something you didn't do.

Cubrocker: Do you still plan on moving to Seattle? If not, where do you see yourself in a year or so from now?
    yeah i do still wanna move- but its a hard time right now- i am becoming more and more afraid of leaving my job to move away. im worried ill get there and i wont be able to find a new one- and i would have thrown a good job out the window to chase an unsuccessful dream.

but its true that its better to regret it than regret not doing it.

It seems like a lot of people here on the board live in AZ. How is it that you came to live there and what do you like best and worst about where you live? cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

It seems like a lot of people here on the board live in AZ. How is it that you came to live there and what do you like best and worst about where you live? cr****
    Im really not too crazy about living in AZ but i shall admit, i am an AZ native. I was born at Chandler Regional Hospital (Chandler is a suburb of phx in the southeast valley) and i grew up in Chandler/Tempe. I kinda always knew i would get away to somewhere else though- i have never been a big fan of the dry and hot climate.

I moved to Tucson when i finished high school. Its slightly cooler in temperature and it rains about twice as much as phoenix- but theres a lot more interesting and fun people here than phoenix which is just sorta a bland mess of crap for such a big city. I certainly prefer Tucson.

I think my favorite thing about AZ is the sunsets. hands-down.

i also really enjoy the All Souls Procession in Tucson every year circa Dia de los Muertos.

My least favorite thing is probably the hot summers. And even worse is when people say that stupid saying "But its a drrrryyyy heaaat!!!"