Page 182 of 454 FirstFirst ... 177178179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,460 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I'm sorry to have to disappoint you all but I have had to turn down JewFace's offer to take over his reign next week. Yes, I know, it would have been nice to have a genuinely entertaining series of answers for a change. My insincere apologies to you all.
    Lies.

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Or, maybe it's the Brits next door? Then, I'd go with Schwepp's Bitter Lemon. Not as tart as Limonata. Perfect on a hot summer day:
    Mmmmm. Love that stuff.

Jewface, you skipped my last question. :-/
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Andrew, my friend, you have done us proud this week. Finish strong, kid, finish strong.

Favorite Radiohead concert?

How do you prepare a tuna sandwich?

Assuming things go well for you at Juilliard, who would be your dream directors to work for?

Sorry, everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    You better be... *shudder
    Not you too, Still-ill!!! I know chicks "shudder," it's a girl move. But, when a dude "shudders" it just screams, "flaming!"
    Assuming, it's my cleaning lady's kid's birthday party, I'd go with Mexican Coca-Cola. In the glass bottle. Made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup:
    Your cleaning lady??? How old are you again, JewFace? I'm thinking if you have a cleaning lady now, what kind of entourage do you plan on having after your claim to fame?
    It's all black, except for the right hand side which features my favorite Klimt piece. So sensual. The half closed eyes, the parted lips, the casual display of the breast.
    Now, wait...My pic had a black background, full breast display, and trust me...by the time I felt brave enough to post it, my eyes were 1/2 closed!

HTML Code:
    I don't think any gentleman past the age of 14 should be wearing boxers.  Boxer-briefs and briefs for me.  Unless I'm at the gym.  Then it's either le jock or compression shorts.  Now you know.
    [/QUOTE]
    But... most gentlemen intend to spread their seed one day, not suffacate it...

I must agree with Marco...you really have been a good sport with your replies, and I thank you for the insight...May I request your autograph now?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Sorry, just stopping in. Someone had mentioned wedding cake.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Sorry, just stopping in. Someone had mentioned wedding cake.
    There's also something about "full breast display," and it refers to Brokendoll. Do you love cake that much?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Holy crap! I figured the audition process for Juilliard was pretty strenuous, but that is insanely intense. Man, that would suck royally to make it to that final callback and then not get it. So close!

What are the best television comedies of the last 5 years?
    What are the best television dramas of the last 5 years?
    Where do you get your news?
    Actor you would most like to film a makeout scene with?
    Actor you would least like to film a makeout scene with?

Oh, and, agreed! You've done a great job this week. I'd never checked out this thread before. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    There's also something about "full breast display," and it refers to Brokendoll. Do you love cake that much?
    As long as no breast milk squirts on the cake, you’re going to have to push me aside for a slice.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseTears View Post
    Who's the hottest guy on the Coach' board?

BrokenDoll. Duh.

Also, there's a South Asian guy who rarely posts, but posted some pics of himself some time ago. Holy Moses does he play on my weakness for attractive South Asian men. Forgotten his screen name, though.

Uhhhh...?

Oh I C. Nevermind, then.
    What were you planning on saying if it was someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    JewFace, if you could change your birthday to a different day which would you pick and why?
    Funnily enough, I was just talking about this with a friend at dinner tonight. I wouldn't change the specific day (January 11), but I would perhaps consider changing the clock back two years.

You see, I'm 22. In the fall, I start 4 years of undergraduate work in NY. I've had one year of junior college and one year at UCSD, but my new school doesn't accept any transfer credits and requires all actors to start in year one. I'm actually much more comfortable with that than the prospect of advancing a couple of years without the training. However, that means I will be 26 before I've earned my BFA; an age at which many people have already finished grad school. I have to admit that it makes me feel like a bit of a loser. Admittedly, life has kind of gotten in the way of academic success the last couple of years. So, it would be nice to turn the clock back a bit. I have no desire to be 18 again. I can't tell you how much I've had to grown in 4 years, but if I were 20, it would mean I'd earn my degree by age 24 and that seems a bit more respectable to me.

(BTW, my DOB is incorrect on my profile, but it doesn't look like I can change that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    What is one question you wish someone would have asked but didnt?
    (also, please answer that question)
    I feel like this is another cop out on my part, but I don't quite know how to answer this one. With this type of thing, you expect to be asked about your background, your interests, your education, your family, your love life. The fun part is the questions you don't anticipate. I don't have some burning secret I'm dying to share with y'all, I'm afraid. My life over the next four years (assuming I don't get kicked out when they discover I'm a total fraud) will be dedicated to my academic/artistic pursuits and I think we've covered that pretty extensively.

But, I do want to give some sort of answer. So, how about this? I'll just list some random facts about myself. I'll just do it right off the top of my head. Stream of consciousness; no editing. Okay... here goes...

• I've only seen the first Star Wars film. I have no desire to see any of the others.

• I've only seen the first LOTR film. I have no desire to see any of the others.

• I've have not read the Harry Potter series, nor have I seen any of the films.

• I'm quite self-conscious about my face. Giant nose, hair that rarely performs as required, a secondary pair of buttocks in place of a normal chin.

• Even as a little kid, I was a night owl. I would rarely fall asleep before 11pm; even on a school night.

• I think people who say they find Thom Yorke and Jarvis Cocker sexually appealing, would not think so if those gentlemen -- oh, I don't know -- worked at Barnes & Noble rather than fronted two of the most popular British bands of the last few decades.

• I don't 'get' meet-n-greets and having your musical idols autograph your posters and CDs. I prefer to keep the musical artists I admire on a bit of a pedestal and with a bit of distance. I don't need to be their friends, I have no desire to know what their signature looks like scrawled in drunken sharpie and I have no need to confess to them how their music "got me through a really dark time". Bleh.

• I think the musical arrangements of much of Leonard Cohen's work from the 80s and 90s are rather dreadful, dated and, frankly, cheesy. I'm not slagging Cohen off as a songwriter. He's a great songwriter; no doubt about that. I just don't think his taste for musical arrangements is... very refined. I'd love to hear a Leonard Cohen album produced by Jon Brion or perhaps Nigel Godrich (look at how successful his work with Paul McCartney was.)

• I haven't read Catcher in the Rye.

• I thought Crookers, Surkin, Chemical Brothers, MSTRKRFT and even Busy P were better than Bloody Beetroots at Coachella. I liked Beetroots, don't get me wrong. But they were a bit... unrelenting. I think the other artists had more interesting and varied sets and, frankly, got me dancing a lot more that the Beetroots did.

• I still have faith in Amy Winehouse.

• WTF Lauryn Hill?? You could have had a much longer career!

• Letterman is better than Leno. And better than Conan, frankly. It must be feel pretty good to him that decades after NBC passed over for him for the Tonight Show, he is beating that shows ratings while he is in repeats. Kudos, Mr. Letterman!

• I undressed at least 217 men with my eyes at this year's Coachella. (2 with my hands.)

• Kids love me. I don't get it. The feeling's not mutual. But then I go visit one of my friends with kids and I end up spending more time playing with the kiddo than hanging with my friends. Still, I don't want any of my own. I'm quite sure of that.

• I feckin love Hillary Clinton. A couple of weeks ago, I watched a one and half hour speech she gave on C-Span. It's worse. The speech was to State Dept. employees. It was basically a State of the Department speech. I mean, she spent at least 10 minutes encouraging employees to conserve office supplies to help reduce costs and I still found her compelling.

• I'm a people pleaser. (Too much of one?)

• I'm a PC.

• I don't understand people who slag off House of Cards. I think it is one of the loveliest, most soulful things Radiohead has recorded.

• I'm scared to death of my genes.

• I keep the trunk of my car stocked with non-perishable food for homeless people and when I encounter them in downtown SD, I give them a snack. I think I do this because my family went through some real financial hardships when I grew up and even though now I have a little money in the bank and have my room & board covered for the next four years, I still always feel like I'm just one fateful step away from financial ruin and despair.

• This list is a bit depressing. I'm probably just in a contemplative, rueful mood as my life as a Californian comes to an end. But, I am actually a very happy person. And most days, I feel the glass is half full.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-15-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Edited for formatting, not for content.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I'm sorry to have to disappoint you all but I have had to turn down JewFace's offer to take over his reign next week. Yes, I know, it would have been nice to have a genuinely entertaining series of answers for a change. My insincere apologies to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Lies.

Actually, kingsblend, I hate to burst your bubble, but Randy speaks the truth. Earlier in the thread, I asked for suggestions for the next person for GTKYFBM via PM. I received one suggestion and I thought the person showed very poor judgment, so I offered the role to the most respected and revered member of the board. He (respectfully, I assure you) declined.

I've since narrowed it down to a couple of people.

just pick someone interesting

how about we pick this guy?

Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Jewface, you skipped my last question. :-/
    Becca!
    My apologies. A complete oversight on my part. I assure you it was not from lack of interest.

Very simple question: Cats or dogs?
    Dogs. Dogs all the way. Two dogs growing up. I miss having a dog so much, but I'm pretty sure dogs aren't allowed in the dorm rooms at Lincoln Center.

Oh, and favorite Rufus Wainwright and Tori Amos songs, respectively.
    How did you know that I maintained a mild interest in these two artists? Or was it simply the, 'He's gay, these artists have large gay followings, he must like them' line of thinking?

Unfortunately, I think these artists have regressed over the last few years. Amos has faded into a haze of unthreatening adult-contemporary blandness and Rufus appears to be lost to bombast and everything-but-the-kitchen-sink arrangements. He really needs a taskmaster of a producer to get him back in line.

I'm sorry, I'm going to cheat. I can't just pick 1. How about 1 from ea. album?

Rufus Wainwright:
    "Barcelona". A subtle, sad, rueful song that may or may not be about a lost romance or even about AIDS.

Poses:
    "Poses". One of Rufus' finest moments. A near perfect song.

Want 1:
    "Dinner at Eight". Perhaps Rufus' best song? I wish the arrangement had been a bit more subtle, but he was well on his way to the land of bombast on this album. Still, it remains a stinging rebuke and yet also a beautiful love letter to his father.

Want 2:
    "The Art Teacher". A surprisingly tasteful song on an otherwise almost unforgiveably overcooked album.

Release the Stars:
    "Not Ready to Love". Achingly slow and perfectly performed and (thankfully) tastefully arranged.

I'm not even going to bother with the Judy Garland project. That was an insult to Ms. Garland and an embarrassment for Rufus. His voice is just not equipped for such brassy material. Dreadful idea. I can't figure out why it's so popular.

Little Earthquakes:
    "Precious". Beautiful. Sounds so of it's time, yet still resonates.

Under the Pink:
    "Waitress". Is it the 'best' song? I don't know, but it's the most fun. Great squealing cat calls from Tori, darkly funny lyrics.

Boys for Pele:
    "Professional Widow". The last great Tori Amos album. I'd, frankly, be happy picking any of these songs. But, PW is hard to beat. Has a harpsichord ever sounded so rock 'n roll?

From the Choirgirl Hotel:
    "Raspberry Swirl". Every boy has to dance at some point.

To Venus & Back:
    Bored me to tears. Don't have a favorite.

Strange Little Girls:
    "Time". Wonderful cover. Her performance of this song on Letterman's first show after 9/11 was incredibly poignant.

I've had no interest in her career after that one, I'm afraid. ('Big Wheel' was fun, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Favorite Radiohead concert?
    I now have 10 to pick from. Crazy! My favorite probably remains their San Diego stop during the HTTT tour. It was their first time back in San Diego since the 90s. The band were in fine form, they played multiple encores, they were in a fantastic mood and Thom spoke (not too fondly) of Los Angeles. But, I think what made it so special was the crowd. I have never been part of an audience that was so excited to see a band. They (we) went absolutely nuts and Thom & co. were visibly taken aback by the response. It was pure magic.

How do you prepare a tuna sandwich?
    I actually prefer the cheap, chunk lite tuna in water to any of the pricier stuff. At least when it comes to making a sandwich.

Chunk light tuna in water.
    Mayo
    Salt
    Pepper
    Finely chopped red onions
    Very finely chopped cilantro
    pinch of chili powder
    a little sweet relish

Assuming things go well for you at Juilliard, who would be your dream directors to work for?
    Well, I think it will take more than "things going well for me at Juilliard", but in particular order:
    Woody Allen
    Sidney Lumet
    Clint Eastwood
    Terence Malick
    Mike Nichols
    Paul Thomas Anderson
    Stephen Frears
    Ang Lee
    Martin Scorsese
    Milos Forman
    Robert Redford
    James Ivory
    Neil Jordan
    Jonathan Glazer
    Don Roos
    Jon Matthews
    Jane Campion

There are a couple of French directors too, but I'd have to learn French first!

What are the best television comedies of the last 5 years?
    30 Rock
    The Office
    Flight of the Conchords
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Extras
    The Catherine Tate Show
    Guilty Pleasure: Big Bang Theory

What are the best television dramas of the last 5 years?
    The Sopranos
    Friday Night Lights
    John from Cincinnati
    Big Love
    Six Feet Under
    Mad Men

(I have not seen Deadwood or The Wire, but they look incredibly appealing to me.)

Where do you get your news?
    NPR
    The Newshour with Jim Leahr
    Washington Week
    Now
    Frontline
    CNN International (much, much better than US CNN)
    NY Times
    The Economist
    Huffington Post
    and various other online sources

Actor you would most like to film a makeout scene with?
    Ha ha! Great question. Hmm... This is a tough one, but I'm going to go with Romain Duris, perhaps my favorite young film actor. Is he the most stunning man in the world? Perhaps not, but he is very handsome and, more importantly, he's one of the most intense, interesting and soulful actors working today. (He's French)

Actor you would least like to film a makeout scene with?
    Ha! Charles Durning?

Also, there's a South Asian guy who rarely posts, but posted some pics of himself some time ago. Holy Moses does he play on my weakness for attractive South Asian men. Forgotten his screen name, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.AsianPersuasion View Post
    Uhhhh...?

Oh shiiiit! I got caught. Yes, it's you. Glad you can't see me blushing.

youre not into little bearcubs are you!?
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

How did you know that I maintained a mild interest in these two artists? Or was it simply the, 'He's gay, these artists have large gay followings, he must like them' line of thinking?
    You mentioned them in the greatest solo artist thread, & I agreed with your opinion on what is wrong with the stuff they're putting out now. I don't assume anyone's taste.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

JewFace,
    please take us on a journey through your musical past. What did you grow up listening to? Has anyone had an influence on your taste in music? What bands got you into different genres of music?

Wow, the lurkers truly do lurk.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Jewface, do you have one of "Things to do before I die" lists? And if so, can you share some of it?

Jewface, I'm sorry I've missed most of your week but your answers are interesting and fun. I would like to volunteer if your having trouble finding a new member. I may have missed my chance due to some Japan travels though.

I would like to know your favorite alchoholic drinks when in the company of a date and when alone.(If it's the same that's ok).

What is the strangest food you've ever tasted and was it good or terrible?

Oh, I think we can keep that blushing going. Shall we stay with that line of questioning?

1. At what age did you lose your virginity? How was that?
    2. Last time you bow-chicka-waaah-wahhed?
    3. What do you look for in a sexual partner?
    4. Could you ever date an overweight person?
    5. Have you ever appeared nude on stage or performed a sex scene? Was it scary?
    6. What's the cheesiest romantic stuff you've done for a guy?
    7. Kinkiest thing you've ever done?
    8. Kinkiest thing you've not done but are very, very curious about?
    9. Kinkiest thing you've not done and will never, ever do?

Our lurkers are perverts. I like it.

I think the gods favor Andrew this day.

Woah. Interracial love connection. ^

You two..uhh... need us to vacate the thread for a bit?

I'll ask a pervy one too:
    Most times you've gone in one night? (And don't pretend you don't know what I mean.)

Also (and can't believe no one has asked this one):
    Who are your dream Coachella headliners? 2nd and 3rd tier performers?

jewface, you seem like a cool dude and you have a cute nose so don't worry. i don't have a question.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    jewface, you seem like a cool dude and you have a cute nose so don't worry. i don't have a question.
    lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.