Page 181 of 454 FirstFirst ... 176177178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,430 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

You're a good boarder, Jewface.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Damn. Good answers. One point though:
    Ireland has agreed to take Guantanamo prisoners in when you're done with them, so you can fuck right off with this idea.
    Hmmm.... WWJSD?

Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Andrew,
    What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
    Lamb's brain in a curry. My mother prepared it for me when I was twelve. You know how when you're a kiddo and you perhaps assume that snakes are slimey, but then you get to hold one and it's actually dry and scaly? Brain (at least boiled and then cooked in a curry) is exactly what your worst imagination of it would be in terms of taste, texture, mouth feel and viscosity. After two bites, I threatened to send my mother on the first boat back to the mother country.

What's the worst thing you've ever smelled?
    One love,
    Tim
    This is really, really sad. But, a dead body. I used to volunteer with this group of San Diego activists. One of our side projects was visiting and caring for elderly members of the LGBT community. While today we take for granted the fact that gays and lesbos can openly enter into longterm committed relationships and adopt children, many elderly members of the LGBT community lived in the closet most of their lives and were ostracized by their families. Often times, their partners were the only people who knew they were gay. And when their partners died, they were left to fend for themselves on a meager social security income with no children and no family to look after them. So we'd set up a program whereby we would pay weekly visits to seniors who signed up for our free service. We'd bring them groceries, help them clean, take them for a walk in the park, bring them some music or just sit and talk and listen. Whatever their needs were. We'd also call them every couple of days to see if they needed anything. One day last summer the lead coordinator told me that Mr. Rienhart had not answered his phone in several days and asked me to stop by his apartment on my way to another senior. Really sweet old man. WWII vet, won a bronze medal for bravery in combat. He didn't answer the door and there was a foul stench coming out of his apartment. I was pretty sure I knew what it was. When the SDPD broke down the door, my suspicion was confirmed. Apparently, he'd been dead 5 or 6 days. To make matters worse, it had been an unusually hot week in the low 90s and every window in his tiny apartment was shut tight. I literally almost fainted; felt the blood rush to my head when I got whiff of that stench. It was undeniably horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Jewface, do you drink? If so, what primarily?
    Do I drink? Ha ha! Goodness, no! Only on holidays. And birthdays. And weekends. And weekdays.

I love wine, so you'll often find me with a glass of wine. Right now in the balmy summer days, I love a refreshing Vouvray.

During the summer, I also find it difficult to resist a nice vodka tonic with lots and lots of extra lime.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    Jewface,
    Can you please share your most fun, memorable experience you've had in your life?
    Seandlr:
    I have a question for you. Who was that in your old avatar?

All these "most", "best", "perfect" questions are very difficult to answer. I can't say there's just one such experience. But, I'll point to a summer wedding I attended. (I've noticed a lot of my memories are tied to the summer season. Hmmm.)

My dear friend April and I went to the wedding for a high school friend. We knew no one but the bride. The wedding was was on a boat that sailed around SD Bay and the reception and after parties were at the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown SD. The Hardrock is ridiculous; the place just screams "bachelor party". We went in to the wedding knowing no one and left with about a dozen phone numbers in our phones. We met so many lovely people and had so much fun. We made total fools of ourselves, got completely sauced, danced for hours and gabbed and gabbed with the most relaxed, fun, easy-going SD people you could imagine. The food was beautiful and the cake was the best wedding (or any) cake I've ever tasted. And I'm VERY picky about cake. The bride's son (5 years old) is a night owl and spent half the night dancing away with us. The cutest and already the most precocious kid you could imagine. At one point, he took his shirt off in the middle of the floor, pushed on his chest (where he must have imagined he had bosoms) and proceeded to tell the entire dance floor that "I have big ones! Just like grandma."

If that wasn't enough, we ended up going to a late night birthday party for a friend of April's after the wedding. The party was going slowly and everyone was sitting glumly and chatting quietly. We came in with this infectious party sprit and the afterglow of a beautiful wedding and just through sheer infectious joy we transformed the mood of the party and everyone had a marvelous time.

I'm also fairly certain that I lost my dignity with the birthday boy that night. Who knows, I haven't drunk that much in my life. I'm told I had a very pleasant time. It's nothing special or unique, but I remember that one fondly.

And
    Do you consider cereal to be a soup?
    No, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseTears View Post
    Woah! I just read through all your answers. You're quite a good writer, JewFace. Loved your perfect day description. Felt like I was in San Diego.
    Thanks! I wasn't looking forward to that question, because I don't really believe there is a "best" that or a "perfect" this. But I actually had some fun with it. I have to say, it's basically an amalgamation of several different summer days I've had in SD.

You're going to Juilliard??? Shit, you must be super talented. My friend Emily who is a damn talented actress, auditioned for Juilliard last year. She didn't even make it past the first audition. She said something like 2,000 people apply and only 20 get accepted.
    I was just talking to a lady in the Admissions office today and asked her about the numbers. She said this year it was even worse. Over 2,500 applied for the 20 spots. So, as you can imagine, it's pretty cut-throat. Juilliard was my top choice, but I had my back-up schools of course. ( Unlike Tim (Alchemy), who is apparently a young Hemingway and only needed to apply to his top school! ::snicker:: ) I certainly didn't make any assumptions about a school that accepts less than 1% of its applicants.

I'm not fishing for compliments here, but I don't know that I'm "super talented." I know I have to have some talent; they wouldn't have accepted me if I were devoid of talent. But much more importantly, I have potential and they believe that I will benefit from the vigorous training that Juilliard provides. If I were already the complete "super talented" package, there would be no benefit of me giving up four years of my life to classical training in NY.

What was the audition and application process like?
    It was perhaps the most challenging, grueling, nerve-wracking experience of my life and it's a 2 month process.

Here's how it goes:

Audition:
    • You submit your application.
    • You get scheduled for an audition in your nearest audition town along with several hundred other applications. (San Francisco in my case.)
    • On the audition day you are asked to perform two monologues -- one classical and one contemporary. If you sing, you're also asked to sing 16 bars of a song. Your auditors are faculty of the Drama Division, the Drama Division Dean and reps of the Admissions Office.

Afternoon Callback:
    • After the morning auditions, a Callback notice is posted. They tell you right then that if you're not called back, you are not being considered for admission.
    • I was called back. I return in the afternoon. This time with the 50 other applicants who have been called back from that morning. We do some group exercises lead by one of the drama division professors while being observed by the faculty, the dean and the admissions team.
    • We are asked to rehearse and perform a classical and contemporary scene with one of our fellow applicants. (We're given about 30 minutes to memorize the pieces and to stage them.)
    • After this, an updated Callback list is posted. Again, if you're not on the list, you're not being considered for admission.

Evening Callback:
    • This is the final callback of the day. The day starts with several hundred. At this stage, you're down to about 30 applicants.
    • What they do with each applicant varies. With me, they interviewed me briefly and then had me perform my contemporary monologue again, but this time they wanted me to perform it as though an alien was growing within my stomach and was struggling to break free.
    • With that, they sent me on my way. If you've made it to the evening callback it means you are still being considered for admission.
    • About two weeks later, you get a notice telling you if you are still being considered for admission. If you are, your presence is requested in NY.

Final Callbacks in NY
    • You fly to NY for the final callbacks. You are in a final group of about 40 applicants being considered for the final 20 slots. Your fellow applicants have auditioned in NY, San Francisco, Chicago or London.
    • You then basically spend the entire weekend at Juilliard. 12 hours each day.
    • You perform alone, with a partner, in groups.
    • You attend mock classes in acting, movement, voice, improvisation, acting for the camera and dramatic literature.
    • You attend actual Juilliard classes and interact with current students and faculty.
    • You get interviewed (and drilled) by representatives of the Drama Division.
    • Everything you do the entire weekend -- even your rehearsals -- are closely observed by professors from the Drama Division, the Drama Division Dean, Admissions Officers and the President of Juilliard.
    • Basically, it's acting bootcamp. They put you through the ringer, because they want to make sure they have the right group of 20. It was such an exhausting experience. I'd never wanted anything more in my life and when you've made it to the final stretch, you just don't want to miss out on this opportunity, so you have to eye everyone as your competition while still working well with them in an ensemble of actors. It's intense. I saw grown men break down in tears by the third day.

Acceptance or Rejection:
    • After that, it's much more like the regular college application experience. You go home for a few weeks and wait for the mail.
    • I got the big fat package with a big fat "Yes." Which was thrilling beyond belief, but there was no way I could afford the $30k+ tuition.
    • A week later, I got a smaller pack from Juilliard informing me that I'd been awarded a full scholarship. So, problem solved.

Long answer, but you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Kiiiiddding!!!

Well, two things:

The prospect that BrokenDoll will one day, in a drunken haze, accidentally post photos from her AdultFriendFinder dot com profile.

The diversity of people this board attracts. I only joined this board to get more info on the lineup and to arrange housing. The wide variety of opinions, interests and expertise of our fellow board members esnures a wide variety of topics and some surprisingly stimulating discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by real talk View Post
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Also...
    Ha ha! If one could be presumptuous enough to assume that I might be successful enough to appear on that show one day, I still doubt I'd be invited. I'm not a big fan of the "method" for which The Actor's Studio is so well known. I'm going to try to answer these without thinking about them too much.

What is your favorite word?
    Yes

What is your least favorite word?
    Weird

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Openness, creativity, seeing an artist strive for his best and achieving it. Laughter.

What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Closed-mindedness, limited thinking/creativity, coloring within the lines.

What sound or noise do you love?
    Laughter. Above all, laughter. My friends' laughter, my brother's laughter. Unbridled joy. I love the sound of that.

What sound or noise do you hate?
    The sound of a friend's voice when they are in distress; with a broken spirit.

What is your favorite curse word?
    Cocksucker. Especially if yelled by a really salty woman.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    Musician/singer.

What profession would you not like to do?
    Anything that would involve a cubicle. I think I could learn to settle into some pointless job in an office, but eventually...maybe 5, 10, 20 years down the line, I don't think I'd have much of a soul left. That's not to say that those who work in offices are soulless. Just that I know myself and that that kind of life would eventually kill me.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    I don't believe in that kind of nonsense, but I'll play along:
    "Welcome. Your parents have been waiting for you."

Thank you, real talk! But, I'm afraid we only accept submissions in the form of a question.

Why, you COCKSUCKER! I spent like the last hour and a half trying to get that inspirational poster made, an hour of which was spent trying to just match and achieve friggin' Barbie's natural plastic skin tone, and you just stumble in here all humble like you are, and nonchalantly tell us about Julliard!

I've come to the conclusion now, that after getting to know you the past few days, that you'd almost be like the perfect guy except...

You're a COCKSUCKER!!!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Boardie.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Seandlr:
    I have a question for you. Who was that in your old avatar?

All these "most", "best", "perfect" questions are very difficult to answer. I can't say there's just one such experience. But, I'll point to a summer wedding I attended. (I've noticed a lot of my memories are tied to the summer season. Hmmm.)

My dear friend April and I went to the wedding for a high school friend. We knew no one but the bride. The wedding was was on a boat that sailed around SD Bay and the reception and after parties were at the Hard Rock Hotel in downtown SD. The Hardrock is ridiculous; the place just screams "bachelor party". We went in to the wedding knowing no one and left with about a dozen phone numbers in our phones. We met so many lovely people and had so much fun. We made total fools of ourselves, got completely sauced, danced for hours and gabbed and gabbed with the most relaxed, fun, easy-going SD people you could imagine. The food was beautiful and the cake was the best wedding (or any) cake I've ever tasted. And I'm VERY picky about cake. The bride's son (5 years old) is a night owl and spent half the night dancing away with us. The cutest and already the most precocious kid you could imagine. At one point, he took his shirt off in the middle of the floor, pushed on his chest (where he must have imagined he had bosoms) and proceeded to tell the entire dance floor that "I have big ones! Just like grandma."

If that wasn't enough, we ended up going to a late night birthday party for a friend of April's after the wedding. The party was going slowly and everyone was sitting glumly and chatting quietly. We came in with this infectious party sprit and the afterglow of a beautiful wedding and just through sheer infectious joy we transformed the mood of the party and everyone had a marvelous time.

I'm also fairly certain that I lost my dignity with the birthday boy that night. Who knows, I haven't drunk that much in my life. I'm told I had a very pleasant time. It's nothing special or unique, but I remember that one fondly.

No, I do not.
    Holy shit. That sounds like such a great time.
    My old avatar was the singer/ lead guitar player for a band that transformed my way of life: Against Me!.(His name was Tom Gabel) Their old stuff is real folk punk and their new stuff is a little poppy, but regardless, its great music and they used to put on some and the best shows I have ever been to (so far).

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post

Sorry, everyone.

Wheels Of Cheese

Sorry, everyone.
    You better be... *shudder
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Jewface

So..White Guys, Asian Guys, Black Guys or Hispanic Guys?

Your dearest admirer
    Judgy McWhat
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

did you already say brunette, blond, redhead? if not, which comes first? tee. hee.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Jewface
    So..White Guys, Asian Guys, Black Guys and Hispanic Guys?
    Your dearest admirer
    Judgy McWhat
    You're really into this, huh? It's cool. Bi now, gay later. Whatever.
    I fixed your question for you.

I understand preferences; I do. But I have little tolerance for sexual racism, which is still so prevalent in the gay "community". It kind of sickens me that phrases like "no offense, but no black or Asians" are deemed acceptable by a large number of the gheyz. I also read a study recently which indicated that sexual racism was alive and well amongst heterosexuals as well.

There's love in my heart for all. So my answer is: all of the above.

Okay. Confession time. You'll think I'm being silly here, but I'm dead serious about this. I feel so guilty saying this, but it's true. I have never, ever been attracted to an Aboriginal man from Australia. I've actually met quite a few of them and, naturally, seen images of Aboriginal men in the media. And I think they're all ugly as sin. So, yeah, all of the above --just no Aborigines. God, I'm wracked with guilt on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

did you already say brunette, blond, redhead? if not, which comes first? tee. hee.
    Do people really have an order of preference when it comes to hair color? How picky are you people??

Actually, the order you have there looks pretty good to me.

Andrew,

After you become a famous movie star--because you will become a famous movie star--how are you going to fix your first controversial mess of insulting your large Australian Aboriginal fan-base, who will be your biggest fans until TMZ finds this thread? (Assuming Aborigines watch TMZ.)

Much love,
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Do people really have an order of preference when it comes to hair color? How picky are you people??
    I'm lousy at this question-asking thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Jewface, whats your favorite flavor of Otter Pop?

Your choice of soda pop at a children's birthday party when theres no booze?

Whats the desktop image on your computer?

Boxers or briefs?

What would you name your kids if you had 1 boy and 1 girl?
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

oh and i forgot to ask...

do you like candy corn?
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

My old avatar was the singer/ lead guitar player for a band that transformed my way of life: Against Me!.(His name was Tom Gabel)
    Oh I C. Nevermind, then.

Andrew,
    After you become a famous movie star--because you will become a famous movie star--how are you going to fix your first controversial mess of insulting your large Australian Aboriginal fan-base, who will be your biggest fans until TMZ finds this thread? (Assuming Aborigines watch TMZ.)
    Much love,
    Tim

I though pages on the interwebz disappeared after a year. No..?

Let's see...
    I'll organize a massive benefit concert at the Sydney Opera House in honor of the Aboriginese. Kylie and Danni Minogue will headline with appearances by Nick Cave and Dame Edna. Naomi Watts and Cate Blanchett will perform live on stage in an all nude one act adaptation of The Hunger directed by Baz Luhrman and Russell Crowe will walk through the audience randomly selecting racist audience members and punching them in the face with an Australian Teleservices rotray dial telephone. The evening will end with all of the above performers returning to the stage in black face to perform a medley of the Australian national anthem and We Are the World. I'll probably make an appearance and do a soft-shoe number to Color Me Badd's 'I Wanna Sex You Up'.

Problem solved. I should be a publicist.

I'm lousy at this question-asking thing.
    You're fine. I actually gave you an answer.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Jewface seriously wins for Boardie of the year for being such a good sport and quite funny with all these questions. Bravo sir. And I bid you good day.
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

I'm sorry to have to disappoint you all but I have had to turn down JewFace's offer to take over his reign next week. Yes, I know, it would have been nice to have a genuinely entertaining series of answers for a change. My insincere apologies to you all.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Banned

JewFace, if you could change your birthday to a different day which would you pick and why?

AND

What is one question you wish someone would have asked but didnt?
    (also, please answer that question)
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 08-14-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post
    Jewface, whats your favorite flavor of Otter Pop?
    OMG! Otter Pops! I haven't had those since I was a kiddo! God, do they still make those? As a kid, I would practically hold my mother hostage until she agreed to add Otter Pops to the shopping cart.

Sir Isaac Lime:

Your choice of soda pop at a children's birthday party when theres no booze?
    I really try to avoid soda. Too much sugar in the regulars and, you know, Cancer in the sugar free ones.

Assuming, it's my cleaning lady's kid's birthday party, I'd go with Mexican Coca-Cola. In the glass bottle. Made with cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup:

Or, perhaps it's the Italian neighbors' kid's birthday party. In which case, it will have to be San Pellegrino Limonata (so refreshing!):

Or, maybe it's the Brits next door? Then, I'd go with Schwepp's Bitter Lemon. Not as tart as Limonata. Perfect on a hot summer day:

Whats the desktop image on your computer?
    It's all black, except for the right hand side which features my favorite Klimt piece. So sensual. The half closed eyes, the parted lips, the casual display of the breast.

Boxers or briefs?
    I don't think any gentleman past the age of 14 should be wearing boxers. Boxer-briefs and briefs for me. Unless I'm at the gym. Then it's either le jock or compression shorts. Now you know.

What would you name your kids if you had 1 boy and 1 girl?
    This is how much of a campy cheeseball I was as a kid. I loved watching the evening soap Dynasty, which was still airing in the UK years after it went off the air in the US. We pronounced it DINN-AH-STEE. Diahann Caroll played a conniving woman of a certain age named Dominique (L):

As I recall (I don't really recall; it was so long ago) she was Joan Collins' arch nemesis and her competition for the attention of men. I thought she was fucking fantastic and even more of a glamorous bitch than Joan Collins. And, more to the topic at hand, I thought the name Dominique was ever so chic. So I decided then and there (at age 8, I think) that I would be having twins. The boy would be named Dominic and the girl Dominique. And I planned for this eventuality without one drop of irony. God, I was a ridiculous child.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-15-2009 at 12:29 AM.

oh and i forgot to ask...
    do you like candy corn?
    'Fraid not. I'm more of a chocolate man. I heard that Cadburry's recently brought back my favorite chocolate bar, Wispa. Another reason to make a return visit to the UK soon.