Page 180 of 454 FirstFirst ... 175176177178179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 5,371 to 5,400 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Also: Of all the movies you mentioned that you enjoy(ed), who gives the best performance of a gay/lesbian character? Who captures the essence,feel,
    pain of what it is like to be misunderstood or scrutinized? Or just your favorite cinematic gay character.

Pixiessp:
    I wouldn't say all these films are about "what it is like to be misunderstood or scrutinized." However, if I were to pick my two favorite performances out of this list of films, they'd probably be:

Gary Oldman as Joe Orton in Prick Up Your Ears:
    Oldman is playful, cheeky, full of life and, yet, a little sad behind it all.

Ian McKellen as James Whale in Gods & Monsters
    Still McKellen's best screen role. He is absolutely captivating here in this largely imagined take on director James Whale's final few days.

Banned

Favorite national park and why?

(also, lulz at the La Jolla cove. My grandparents use to live a few blocks from there. Have you ever been the Harry's?)

oh hey that's another question

IF SO, what do you order?
    IF NOT, i order you to go there and then answer the question above!

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    Hi Anjew!

What is your favorite Animal and/or dinosaur and please describe your ideal day as that animal?

Matty!!

I just went to the San Diego Zoo the other day. My favorites were probably the chimps because of, you know, the adorable factor.

However, if I were to be another animal for another day, I would probably prefer to be one that was much more different than humans. I would probably like to be a condor so that I could fly. My ideal day would consist of flying from the Coast of Southern California to the redwoods of Nor Cal. Boring answer, I know, but how thrilling would it be to fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Andrew, my neighbor,
    Let's say you're moving to Alabama, instead of New York City. Your homosexuality has angered their vengeful god and he has asked you to pick one of the following to eliminate from the world's past, present, and future: wind instruments (like brass and woodwinds), string instruments (like guitars and violins), key instruments (like pianos and accordions), or percussion instruments (like drum sets and vibraphones). Which do you pick?

Timmay!
    Since you cheated by getting Pat Robertson to write that question for you, I'm going to cheat and put woodwinds and brass in separate categories (as they really should be anyway.) And I would pick woodwinds. I love woodwinds and many of my favorite classical pieces would never be performed again. That being said, I think woodwinds could more easily be replicated and or substituted with increasingly sophisticated keyboards. I still don't think keyboards are capable of really replicating the thrilling sound of a brass band. Losing all string and "key" instruments would be ridiculous and I like to shake it, so I don't want to see percussion gone either. Sorry, woodwinds.

Let's say this same god has cursed you so that for over the next 50 years, at intervals of 10 years, you will lose your five senses: sight, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling. Because their angry god is learning to sympathize, you are allowed to chose the order that you lose these senses. In what order will they go?
    Wow. Perhaps lay off of The 700 Club, huh? They would go in this order:
    1. Smell - the sense I'm least concerned with.
    2. Tasting - as dull as eating would be, I feel like I might be able to recall the taste of some items and eventually trick my my body into thinking it could still taste familiar foods?
    3. Feeling - I imagine my sex drive will wane a bit by my 50s. I suppose it will make walking and holding things a challenge, but not one I couldn't overcome with physical therapy.
    4. Hearing - This was a difficult choice, but with my sight still in tact I could still read, watch films (with sub-titles), see dance, see the world around me and the people I loved. So as terrible as it would be not to hear my loved one's voices and to not hear music anymore, I would have enough advance warning to know that I should get in all the music listening I could desire before I reached my 60s.
    5. Sight

Finally, let's say this god finally can't deny your charming, Jewish face and has found it in his heart to embrace homosexuality. For giving him the gift of gay, in addition to restoring the lost musical category and all your senses, he will grant you one wish, without any fine print or trickery. What do you wish for?
    I know the standard answer will be that I get one wish a day for the rest of my life, right? But that's a boring answer.

So, I'll say I'd wish that my parents were both alive again and that they would live to see my brother's children. (Because I don't foresee children in my future.) I know they would have been awesome grandparents and it would have made them very happy. Kinda sappy, I know, but that's my wish.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Andrew,
    What got you on this message board
    Hey Teach':
    This has already been answered in the WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MEMORY OF THIS BOARD thread. Please see the link for my answer. It's the TomB story.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    and what has been your favorite Coachella?
    Favorite performances:

Daft Punk.
    Being in that tent, having no idea what to expect and then that pyramid? Come on! Nothing could top that.

Portishead.
    My God that was stunning. Absolutely flawless.

Radiohead.
    It was my 5th or 6th time seeing them, but it was thrilling to see them on the polo grounds and to see them perform right after The Pixies.

Favorite Overall Coachella:

It was my 4th Coachella, but my first time doing all three days. An exhausting, but thrilling experience. Highlights were Macca's emotional, beautifully delivered opening night closer, dancing my ass off to numerous fine acts in the Sahara, and having MBV aurally rape me. It was my first time encountering MBV and they left me slack-jawed and bug-eyed. Additionally, I was there with several of my closest friends and I suspect that with the move to NY and limited funds due to my heavy school/rehearsal schedule, this might be have been my last Coachella for a few years. Treasured memories.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    JewFuck,
    Have you ever tried to ejaculate into another man's urethra while he held it open with some sort of prying devices or vice versa?

Hey SugarNuts,
    As I told you in response to your first three PMs, I have never done anything like that and I have no desire to do such a thing with you.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-13-2009 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    Favorite national park and why?
    Yosemite. It's... the only one I've been to. I know, for shame, for shame. Are the Catskills a Nat'l Park? I'll probably be going camping there with some friends once I move to NY.

(also, lulz at the La Jolla cove. My grandparents use to live a few blocks from there. Have you ever been the Harry's?)
    oh hey that's another question
    IF SO, what do you order?
    IF NOT, i order you to go there and then answer the question above!
    Are you talking about THIS place? If so, yes, I've been there once or twice. I try to eat very healthy (gotta watch that figure, you know), but if I'm at a place like Harry's, I just have fun. The only thing I recall getting there was the Belgian Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Quite good, as I recall. But, you know what they say. Eat it today, wear it tomorrow.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Really, Marco? You really want to know if I'm into rape sex? I can't believe I'm bothering to answer this one. No, I have no interest in such an activity. I also have no interest in 'role playing' in general when it comes to after dark action. Perhaps I'm boring, but I prefer more of a genuine connection. There's enough mystery and eroticism in that for me.
    LULZ! only because I like to imagine you in comprising positions (that and sarcasm doesn't seem to tranzlate zo vell on the interwebz). I will attempt so more "serious" questions later.

EDTZ: Oh I haz one! Where the hell are you from originally? Meaning where were you born? I read that your parents are from India, so British maybe?
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 08-13-2009 at 07:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

JewFace, what are your feelings on foreskin?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I haven't been in here forever...sorry I haven't taken the time to get any of you lately but the office work load has been taking precidence lately...

Jewface...what maintains your participation on this msg board??? Thanks

Banned

Are you talking about THIS place? ... Eat it today, wear it tomorrow.
    yes that place. Screw your figure for one day and go have their banana milkshake. Its to die for.

Going with the food topic, what are your views on "Human Cheese"?

old school

Seen Milk??

Good film eh?

JewFace,
    Considering my unawareness in the beginning, and the silliness thereafter, I must honestly say it's been a pleasure wandering into this thread and getting to know more about you each day! You're intelligent, articulate, talented, yet humble enough to stay realistic as a person, as well as with your dreams. I'm sure NY is gaining a shining new star and you'll shine bright. And the glow that shines down upon you each day is that of your parents beaming proud from above...Brokendoll
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Banned

oh oh oh got another!

oatmeal or cream of wheat?
    and what do you put on it?

MP:
    I'm not ignoring you, but you don't ask easy questions. I really have to ponder them a bit before responding. You know, unlike Randy's.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Andrew, what stupid regret are you still carrying around even thought it's stupid?
    When I was 19 going on 20, I fell madly in love with this older student at UCSD and pretty much spent every waking moment with him. We were one of those sickening love-dovey couples that everyone hates. PDA and everything.

That quarter, my dad found out that his Aunt had left him shares in Dow Chemical Company in India, but because of India's complicated banking system it would be nearly impossible to retrieve the funds from the US. So, my parents planned a trip to India for the winter break. It would be their first time back to India since they were seven and eight respectively. They offered to bring my brother and I along as well. I refused the offer, saying I needed to study over the winter break. They were very disappointed, but academics were important to them, so they didn't push it. However, that was a massive lie. I just wanted to spend time with the boy because he would be moving to Nor Cal for grad school after the next quarter.

So, my mum, dad and brother went to India over the winter break and I stayed home and messed around with the boy for two weeks. The great romance ended a few weeks later when he told me he couldn't keep dating an undergraduate. Then, two months later my mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and three months after that my father's heart disease put him in the hospital. And within a year they were both gone.

So, my regret is that for a fleeting and inconsequential romance, I gave up the chance to see India with my parents. I have photographs and anecdotes, but my brother saw India with them. He walked through their childhood homes with them, he prayed with them at the Zoroastrian Agiary (temple) in Mumbai, he walked through spice bazaars and tasted sweet Alphonso mangoes with them. I will forever be jealous of my brother because he got to experience India with my parents. Of course, he's incredibly jealous of my bone structure, so I'd say we're even.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    And if you were made King - not president, King, absolute ruler - of your country tomorrow, what would be the most urgent thing on your agenda?
    I know you said, "king", but it's difficult to think of this country as a monarchy. That being said, this would be so much easier to answer if we were still hailing to the thief, Dubya. Overall, I'm fairly happy with the job that Obama's done so far. I'm not sure I would do anything differently in Iraq or even Afghanistan at this point.

I'm not smart or business/economic minded enough to really comment on the economy, but it does appear that we narrowly missed a depression. So I can't imagine changing economic policies that drastically.

I feel like my answers are a bit dull. I can't imagine some sweeping decree that alters the life of every American. Here's what I would do:

• Offer amnesty to every illegal alien in the country (after proper security checks, of course.)

• Legalize, regulate and tax marijuana.

• Legalize and regulate prostitution. If a poor boy, girl or shemale (of legal age) is in dire straits and needs to hustle to make the rent, let's require them to get tested for STDs and avoid them being exploited by the underground world of prostitution and the sex trade.

• I would abolish the Defense of Marriage Act.

• I would enshrine marriage rights for all consenting adults, regardless of gender or orientation, in the US constitution.

• I would abolish Don't Ask Don't Tell.

• I would ensure that transgendered people were protected under hate crimes legislation, employment protection and equal rights protections.

• Change drug laws so that rehabilitation was used more often than imprisonment for the drugs that would remain illegal.

• Divert more federal funds into preventative care. One third of Americans are obese? That's insane. Preventative care may take more money and hassle in the beginning, but it really could save lives and money in the long run.

• I would banish Lady GaGa to Guantanamo until a proper host country could be found to keep her under house arrest for the rest of her life.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Where the hell are you from originally? Meaning where were you born? I read that your parents are from India, so British maybe?

My family comes from England, but I'm a mutt:
    1/4 English, 1/4 Parsi (Zoroastrian Indian), 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Russian Jew.

No one believes me when I say I'm 1/4 Indian, but Parsis can be very light skinned and some could easily have 'passed' as Anglo. Probably one of the reasons Parsis are so revered in India.

Both my grandfathers got jobs as professors in India and taught at universities in India from the 1940s to the 1960s. Both families had children while in India. My parents were both born in India and grew up together. They were childhood friends. Within a year of each other, both families relocated back to London and my parents and their respective siblings all grew up together in the UK.

I was born and raised in Reading, UK. I'm told that is not something to say with any measure of pride. We lived there until I was 10, when we moved to the US. My parents wanted to move to California to start a business or something. My main motivation, was to meet the casts of Dallas and Dynasty, both of which were still airing in the UK at the time. As you can tell, I had very refined taste.

I'm 22 now and I've lived in Southern California since age 10. Part of it in Orange County and LA, but almost entirely in San Diego (for a short while longer.)

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    JewFace, what are your feelings on foreskin?
    Randy:
    I mean no disrespect to our fellow board members who may be of the 'uncut' variety, but I hate it! I have no intention of having kids, but if I were to have a son, you better believe he would be circumsized and being part Jew has nothing to do with it. He would be circumsized because:

• Uncircumsized penises are FUGLY.
    • He should look like his daddy and his family.
    • There are studies which show that circumcision can result in lower risk of HIV infection. Granted, those studies are based largely in third world countries where some populations don't have access to proper protection and preventative care But, who knows, he might turn out to be incompatible with my home entertainment system and I may have to return him to Malawi.

Can I also say how much I hate it when uncut men go on and on about how much more sensitive their penises are than circumsized penises? Ummm... how exactly do they know this? Did they have their foreskin temporarily removed, then healed for two weeks, had sex and then had it surgically re-attached? If not, how can such a claim hold any water?

And, actually, I met a guy last year who had a circumcision as an adult and he said the sensation was greatly increased after his foreskin was removed. So take that, Europeans.

Damn. Good answers. One point though:

I would banish Lady GaGa to Guantanamo until a proper host country could be found to keep her under house arrest for the rest of her life.
    Ireland has agreed to take Guantanamo prisoners in when you're done with them, so you can fuck right off with this idea.

Andrew,

What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

What's the worst thing you've ever smelled?

One love,
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I haven't been in here forever...sorry I haven't taken the time to get any of you lately but the office work load has been taking precidence lately...

Your continued absence.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post

Kiiiiddding!!!

Well, two things:

The prospect that BrokenDoll will one day, in a drunken haze, accidentally post photos from her AdultFriendFinder dot com profile.

The diversity of people this board attracts. I only joined this board to get more info on the lineup and to arrange housing. The wide variety of opinions, interests and expertise of our fellow board members esnures a wide variety of topics and some surprisingly stimulating discussions.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-13-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Going with the food topic, what are your views on "Human Cheese"?

Apparently, there's a Swiss restaurant that serves dishes made with human breast milk. Yuck! Article HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Seen Milk??
    Good film eh?
    Good, yes. Great, no. Certainly not Gus Van Sant or Sean Penn's best work, but it was a well made film. Harvey Milk is a personal hero. The film's release could not have been timed any better. Even though I was very familiar with Harvey's story, it was still kind of astonishing to watch his story in a somewhat linear fashion and see his successful defeat of Proposition 6 knowing that 30 years on we were still fighting the same shit with Prop 8.

I also love that Dustin Lance Black has suddenly, in the course of a year, become a power gay. Great role model for those kids stuck in the middle of a Kansas thinking they're all alone. I actually met him at the big Meet in the Middle for Equality Rally in Fresno and got into a rather heated argument with him about whether the marriage equality fight should remain a state-by-state struggle or if it should go national. He is, and has been for some time, a strong proponent of taking this national right away.

Later on, my friend told me he was totally hitting on me. I had no idea. So, like the oblivious fool I am, I totally messed that one up!

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    JewFace,
    Considering my unawareness in the beginning, and the silliness thereafter, I must honestly say it's been a pleasure wandering into this thread and getting to know more about you each day! You're intelligent, articulate, talented, yet humble enough to stay realistic as a person, as well as with your dreams. I'm sure NY is gaining a shining new star and you'll shine bright. And the glow that shines down upon you each day is that of your parents beaming proud from above...Brokendoll
    I don't really believe in any of that "looking down on you from above" nonsense, but my mum did. But I do (most of the time) try to act in a manner that I believe would have made my parents proud. So, thanks for that, BD.

oh oh oh got another!
    oatmeal or cream of wheat?
    and what do you put on it?
    Oatmeal.
    Keep it simple.
    Banana slices, brown sugar.

Very simple question: Cats or dogs?

Oh, and favorite Rufus Wainwright and Tori Amos songs, respectively.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Jewface, do you drink? If so, what primarily?

Jewface,
    Can you please share your most fun, memorable experience you've had in your life?
    And
    Do you consider cereal to be a soup?
    Last edited by seandlr; 08-13-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Woah! I just read through all your answers. You're quite a good writer, JewFace. Loved your perfect day description. Felt like I was in San Diego.

You're going to Juilliard??? Shit, you must be super talented. My friend Emily who is a damn talented actress, auditioned for Juilliard last year. She didn't even make it past the first audition. She said something like 2,000 people apply and only 20 get accepted. What was the audition and application process like?

Also...

What is your favorite word?
    What is your least favorite word?
    What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    What sound or noise do you love?
    What sound or noise do you hate?
    What is your favorite curse word?
    What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    What profession would you not like to do?
    If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

I'll get to the last few questions later this evening. I'm not sure who I want to pick for next week. If you have a suggestion, please PM me the board member's name and a brief description of why you think s/he should be selected. PM only, please.