Page 173 of 454 FirstFirst ... 168169170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,190 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

  1. #5161
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,371

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Have you ever had a customer that has directly insulted you?


    I managed a bookstore and one time this customer was so angry because we were unable to order his book within the standard week. He asked for my name and when he heard my last name was Morales he just started in on the "go back to fucking Mexico" type crap. I was so flustered and angry another employee had to pull me away.

    I'll never forget that guy.

  2. #5162
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    At first, I thought you referred to those running in for just milk as motherfuckers, not mothers/fathers...LOL I'm not in either category, but am totally guilty of needing one item and walking out with 4-10 more things than I really need! (Paid for of course!)

    Anyway...as the manager, not only are you dealing with the customer's demands, but you must deal with the employees and all their "yada,yada,yada, blah, blah, "I'm sick," "I'll be late," "Can I take a break?" Who is actually easier to deal with? The unhappy customer or the unappreciative employee?

  3. #5163
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,127

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Have you ever had a customer that has directly insulted you?


    I managed a bookstore and one time this customer was so angry because we were unable to order his book within the standard week. He asked for my name and when he heard my last name was Morales he just started in on the "go back to fucking Mexico" type crap. I was so flustered and angry another employee had to pull me away.

    I'll never forget that guy.
    i worked at jamba juice in my teen years and was making some wheatgrass for a couple customers. i walked it over to the counter and gave it to this lady who was standing closest to the counter. all of a sudden this persian gentleman walks up and says he had placed his order first. i apologized and he continued to berate me, going as far as calling me racist because of this minor mix up. i just smiled and and said "sorry, have a nice day" which pissed him off even more. the best way to get to angry customers is to be sickeningly polite, makes them even more upset.

    yes, i hate persians so much that i get back at them by making them wait an extra 10 seconds for their wheatgrass. the fucker figured me out.

    it's been a good 13 years since that happened, guess i will never forget him, either.

  4. #5164
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Have you ever had a customer that has directly insulted you?


    I managed a bookstore and one time this customer was so angry because we were unable to order his book within the standard week. He asked for my name and when he heard my last name was Morales he just started in on the "go back to fucking Mexico" type crap. I was so flustered and angry another employee had to pull me away.

    I'll never forget that guy.
    Honestly, not one incident comes to mind. I know there have been
    customers who have insulted me but I think I have finally let it go.
    One thing I do recall that I will probably never forget is the old crusty man that came up behind me and grabbed me between the legs. I was so enraged that I turned around and kicked him in the balls. I didn't even think about it.
    I just did it. He never bothered me again. I don't know if he had a limp beforehand but he sure had one afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  5. #5165
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    At first, I thought you referred to those running in for just milk as motherfuckers, not mothers/fathers...LOL I'm not in either category, but am totally guilty of needing one item and walking out with 4-10 more things than I really need! (Paid for of course!)

    Anyway...as the manager, not only are you dealing with the customer's demands, but you must deal with the employees and all their "yada,yada,yada, blah, blah, "I'm sick," "I'll be late," "Can I take a break?" Who is actually easier to deal with? The unhappy customer or the unappreciative employee?
    The unappreciative employee because I can always cut their hours if they repeatedly call in sick or are screwing around instead of working.
    Even though I can usually charm the unhappy customer it upsets me that they were unhappy in the first place. A lot of their unhappiness stems from bad customer service and that just means I have to have a talk with the employee. Wow!! It's a vicious cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  6. #5166
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,371

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Pixie, if you could live anywhere on earth for a year, where would you go?

  7. #5167
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,573

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Dear Pixiessp,

    What was the worst date you've ever been on?

    yr pal,

    stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  8. #5168
    Member fiyahhh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Pixiessp,
    Please take us on a journey through your musical past. What did you grow up listening to? Did anyone influence your taste in music? What bands got you into different genres of music?

  9. #5169
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Pixie, if you could live anywhere on earth for a year, where would you go?
    This is a hard question. There are many places I would like to visit.
    If I were to have to pick one place I guess I would pick Germany.
    I have family there and I would have a place to stay. I've been there twice and I had a great time. I am becoming very interested in various types of architecture and Germany definitely qualifies. I would prefer to live in the country. My cousin and his wife live in Ladenburg which is a stone throw from Heidelberg where I was born. I'm not sure it really qualifies as the country but it certainly is not Mannheim, which is where my family used to live.
    One thing I just adored about Ladenburg was the fact that the grocery stores closed at 5 everyday. It's funny that this is what I remember the most.
    It just made it more quaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  10. #5170
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,272

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Wow. Right in the middle.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  11. #5171
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Dear Pixiessp,

    What was the worst date you've ever been on?

    yr pal,

    stuporfly
    I think every date I went on with Linda H. was a complete disaster.
    I was really young and stupid and didn't know any better, I guess.

    One time she ended up super drunk and suggested we park in some dark neighborhood and do the deed. It was disasterous. I should have just gone home.

    Another time I went to pick her up at her house and no one could find her.
    I waited for 2 hours before she showed up and when I asked her why she was so late she told me "It's complicated". I should have just gone home.

    On our last date I met her outside a club in Santa Barbara and the first thing she does when we get in is order 2 beers for herself and nothing for me and then announces " I need to get drunk ". She kept trying to fondle me in plain view of all in the club. I somehow got away from her and ended up meeting a really nice girl that I dated for about 6 months. The only reason we parted was because she went off to school up north. I'm glad I did not go home.

    I saw Linda sporadically throughout the years and everytime I saw her she was drunk. Very sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  12. #5172
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Wow. Right in the middle.
    ????????
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  13. #5173
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Pixiessp,
    Please take us on a journey through your musical past. What did you grow up listening to? Did anyone influence your taste in music? What bands got you into different genres of music?
    I grew up listening to Latin Jazz. My dad is a musician and he was really into Cal Tjader,Mongo Santamaria,Tito Puente,Chick Corea. Not sure they all qualify as Latin Jazz though. The first record I purchased with my own money was "More of The Monkees". Go figure. After that I listened to Procul Harum, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Mott the Hoople, New York Dolls and my beloved Queen. Just about anything featured in Creem magazine.
    In High School I was still listening to this plus Roxy Music and a lot of Soul.
    The Barkays,Parliament/Funkadelic,Brick,BT Express, Brass Construction,Slave,Ohio Players.

    In College it was the MTV era so.....Madonna,The Cars,Simple Minds,U2,
    Psychedelic Furs,Tears for Fears,Culture Club,Depeche Mode and I discovered the Cure and fell in love with goth.

    After college I ran headlong into the Pixies and am still enamored.
    At this very moment in time there was a show on MTV called " 120 minutes ".
    I think it still exists but this version was 100 times better. I discovered Shoegaze and a few bands that to this day I still listen to on a regular basis. My Bloody Valentine and Lush ,in particular.

    As far as who influenced my tastes. My dad, my peers, Creem magazine, MTV( the very early days and 120 minutes), the people on this board.

    MBV got me into shoegaze.
    The Cure(Pre-1990) got me into goth.
    The Pixies got me into 4AD bands.
    This board introduced me to people who greatly expanded my current tastes in music. Thanks pals.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  14. #5174
    Member fiyahhh!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    1,796

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Ok Pixiessp, time to turn the tables.
    Describe your perfect day. Deets aplenty, please.

  15. #5175
    Member JewFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I think every date I went on with Linda H. was a complete disaster.
    Was that your... year of living dangerously, Pixiessp?


  16. #5176
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    ^Ha!

    Do you have a favorite song? While music tastes change, there is usually one song that sticks with you.

    (I get to see you in about a month! Yay! )
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  17. #5177
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,272

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I think every date I went on with Linda H. was a complete disaster.
    I was really young and stupid and didn't know any better, I guess.

    One time she ended up super drunk and suggested we park in some dark neighborhood and do the deed. It was disasterous. I should have just gone home.

    Another time I went to pick her up at her house and no one could find her.
    I waited for 2 hours before she showed up and when I asked her why she was so late she told me "It's complicated". I should have just gone home.

    On our last date I met her outside a club in Santa Barbara and the first thing she does when we get in is order 2 beers for herself and nothing for me and then announces " I need to get drunk ". She kept trying to fondle me in plain view of all in the club. I somehow got away from her and ended up meeting a really nice girl that I dated for about 6 months. The only reason we parted was because she went off to school up north. I'm glad I did not go home.

    I saw Linda sporadically throughout the years and everytime I saw her she was drunk. Very sad.
    I would be very interested in spending an evening with Linda H.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    ????????
    Sorry, I was referring to how Ladenburg is right in the middle of Frankfurt and Stuttgart.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  18. #5178
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Ok Pixiessp, time to turn the tables.
    Describe your perfect day. Deets aplenty, please.
    Ha ha!! This is a damn good question, Fiyahhh!

    My day would start at 7am as I get out of bed, prepare my coffee and fire up my computer just to see what's happening in the world.
    After I get the lowdown I shower and head for the harbor for a nice brisk morning walk and some early morning photography. At the very end of the harbor there is a restricted area that houses a family of bunnies. Restricted or not, I go in. Nobody really cares.


    Now it's time to head off to Barnes and Noble for a little reading and more coffee. I usually peruse the travel section in anticipation of the big trip that
    I keep putting off. By this time it is approx. 11:00 and time for an early lunch
    at Urban cafe. Just about everything on the menu is good. I get what I think is called The Californian( a veggie sandwich).

    It's only noon at this point so I drive up the coast to Santa Barbara to meet up with one of my very best friends. She is a docent at the Museum of Natural History, The Art Museum and The Botanic Gardens so we hit up one of these and I get a special tour. After I have seen all I want to see we stroll up and down State St. and shop. Believe me, there are a lot of things to see and buy on State St.

    Sometimes it's too much so we head on over to the Microbrewery in Goleta. I have a Blonde and a Panini. YUM!!!! My friend chats up the guys behind the bar to discuss the flavors in each beer.
    It is now past 6pm. and we go into Costco and look at everything and laugh.

    Round about 7pm. I head home along the beautiful coast listening to great music and I pull off the road to watch the waves and whatever surfers are out there. It's so beautiful I don't want to leave but So You Think You Can Dance comes on at 9 and I need to park my butt in front of the TV on time. Ha Ha !!!!!

    I go to bed around 10ish and hope that I get to do something fun again the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  19. #5179
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Ha ha!! This is a damn good question, Fiyahhh!

    My day would start at 7am as I get out of bed, prepare my coffee and fire up my computer just to see what's happening in the world.
    After I get the lowdown I shower and head for the harbor for a nice brisk morning walk and some early morning photography. At the very end of the harbor there is a restricted area that houses a family of bunnies. Restricted or not, I go in. Nobody really cares.


    Now it's time to head off to Barnes and Noble for a little reading and more coffee. I usually peruse the travel section in anticipation of the big trip that
    I keep putting off. By this time it is approx. 11:00 and time for an early lunch
    at Urban cafe. Just about everything on the menu is good. I get what I think is called The Californian( a veggie sandwich).

    It's only noon at this point so I drive up the coast to Santa Barbara to meet up with one of my very best friends. She is a docent at the Museum of Natural History, The Art Museum and The Botanic Gardens so we hit up one of these and I get a special tour. After I have seen all I want to see we stroll up and down State St. and shop. Believe me, there are a lot of things to see and buy on State St.

    Sometimes it's too much so we head on over to the Microbrewery in Goleta. I have a Blonde and a Panini. YUM!!!! My friend chats up the guys behind the bar to discuss the flavors in each beer.
    It is now past 6pm. and we go into Costco and look at everything and laugh.

    Round about 7pm. I head home along the beautiful coast listening to great music and I pull off the road to watch the waves and whatever surfers are out there. It's so beautiful I don't want to leave but So You Think You Can Dance comes on at 9 and I need to park my butt in front of the TV on time. Ha Ha !!!!!

    I go to bed around 10ish and hope that I get to do something fun again the next day.
    Pixiessp, I looked and looked at that harbor pic and don't see any bunnies...WTF? Is the area that restricted?

  20. #5180
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,035

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I love both Costco and Lush lol (and most of your musical taste).... cr****

    do you look at guys and think some of them are hot, or it doesnt even cross your mind?
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  21. #5181
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    ^Ha!

    Do you have a favorite song? While music tastes change, there is usually one song that sticks with you.

    (I get to see you in about a month! Yay! )
    I have more than one song that has stood the test of time.

    60's: Ten Years After- I'd Love to Change the World
    70's: Roxy Music- Both Ends Burning
    80's: The Cure- Play for Today
    90's: Lauryn Hill- Ex Factor
    00's: I will let you know in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  22. #5182
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post



    (I get to see you in about a month! Yay! )
    Yippee Ky Yay!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  23. #5183
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Pixiessp, I looked and looked at that harbor pic and don't see any bunnies...WTF? Is the area that restricted?
    The bunnies are too quick for me. Plus the area is not pretty. Only the bunnies are.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  24. #5184
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I love both Costco and Lush lol (and most of your musical taste).... cr****

    do you look at guys and think some of them are hot, or it doesnt even cross your mind?
    I'm not dead, Ron.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  25. #5185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    If a limb of yours had to be removed, which would you chose and why?

  26. #5186
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    If a limb of yours had to be removed, which would you chose and why?
    My right arm below the elbow, or is that cheating?
    Anyway, I choose that limb because I am left handed. The legs have to stay.
    I have to be able to walk and semi-run(knees are a little screwy). Plus I have to be able to dance. The only thing I would miss would be playing my bass.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  27. #5187
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,264

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I feel weird after answering that last question.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  28. #5188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    hahahah dont feel wierd
    Im not planning on stealing your limbs...until later...

  29. #5189

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I think pretty much everyone has been asked the "Whats your perfect day" question and I find it interesting that not one story involves Coachella.

  30. #5190
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,749

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    that is interesting. hmm.

Similar Threads

  1. Board members who make music
    By corbo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: Today, 12:18 AM
  2. If this board had 95,000,000 members
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
  3. CBM Impressions of Board Members
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
  4. Hey Board Members...should I or shouldn't I???
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. PF/VET BOARD MEMBERS..... HELP ME....
    By take2andpass in forum Passes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •