Page 172 of 454 FirstFirst ... 167168169170171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Pixiessp,

Nice list of funny people; especially the three Brit gals.

I'm sure there are several 'Lesbian of the Year' types of awards. I wasn't really speaking about a specific award, just who was the Lebo 'it' girl of the year. I'm going with Maddow.

Tell us about work. What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy it? Is it what you wanted to do? If not, are you okay with that?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

JF, I love your questions. They're very well thought out. Saying.

Thanks, bw.

Wanna makeout?

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Pixie, have you ever encountered a sexual partner who liked used derogatory terms when talking dirty? Like girls who would call you "dyke" in the course of some really hot bedroom talk? This is a question that's always interested me and I frequently ask it of my gay male friends, 'cause I figure there has to be a pocket in the gay communities who are aroused by the taboo of what they're doing and probably get off on being verbally gay bashed while getting fucked really hard. Same way some girls like being called, like, "dirty come-loving slut" in the heat of the moment. Or when black guys like white girls who'll beg them to fuck them with their "[nword removed]" dicks. For some reason I have yet to find a gay person who's reported this phenomenon in the affirmative yet, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    i have a question that didnt get answered
    Sorry.

Favorite Old Wives Tale: Probably the one about Bloody Mary. My older cousins used to tell that one to my sister and I when we were kids.
    For the longest time I couldn't get up at night to go to the bathroom without fearing that Bloody Mary was going to rip my eyes out or come up through the sewer and pull me down through the toilet.

La Llorona(sp?) was the other one that freaked the bejesus out of me when I was small. My aunt told me that when she was small she would hear La Llorona crying down by the riverbed.

I lived in fear as a child.
    Last edited by Pixiessp; 08-07-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Pixiessp,

I'm sure there are several 'Lesbian of the Year' types of awards. I wasn't really speaking about a specific award, just who was the Lebo 'it' girl of the year. I'm going with Maddow.

Tell us about work. What do you do for a living? Do you enjoy it? Is it what you wanted to do? If not, are you okay with that?
    To be entirely honest, I had heard of Rachel Maddow but never knew what she did exactly. I just googled her and am listening to her show at this very moment. I think she definitely qualifies as the Lesbian It Girl of the Year.
    A refreshing change from those vacuous gals from the L word.

I work for CVS as a manager(babysitter)
    As a few of you may know CVS acquired Longs Drugs last August and pretty much kept all us Longs employees. I think it was all the shoplifting Algunz did at Longs that helped put us under. Thanks, Gunz
    At the present time I am on the Conversion team for CVS. I have been going to various Longs stores and helping to convert them to CVS. It's a very physical job and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have 3 people below me so I can still be an enforcer.
    I never imagined myself doing anything like this. Growing up I always thought I would be in music in some aspect but,alas, here I am.
    Being a somewhat shy human being I was surprised at how comfortable I am speaking and leading and engaging daily with a plethora of individuals.
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Pixie, have you ever encountered a sexual partner who liked used derogatory terms when talking dirty? Like girls who would call you "dyke" in the course of some really hot bedroom talk? This is a question that's always interested me and I frequently ask it of my gay male friends, 'cause I figure there has to be a pocket in the gay communities who are aroused by the taboo of what they're doing and probably get off on being verbally gay bashed while getting fucked really hard. Same way some girls like being called, like, "dirty come-loving slut" in the heat of the moment. Or when black guys like white girls who'll beg them to fuck them with their "******" dicks. For some reason I have yet to find a gay person who's reported this phenomenon in the affirmative yet, though.
    Randy, I have been wracking my brain and cannot recall anytime when any of my girlfriends ever used a derogatory term whilst in the throes of passion.
    I did have a girlfriend that wanted to rape me though. She said she wanted to just come in one night while I was asleep and surprise me. It never happened because I told her NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    La Llorona(sp?) was the other one that freaked the bejesus out of me when I was small. My aunt told me that when she was small she would near La Llorona crying down by the riverbed.

I lived in fear as a child.
    I only know it from the Beirut song, so do spin me the story, Pixiessp.

Biggest regret of the last five years?

Pixie: Do you have anyone on ignore? Also, what are your thoughts about Randy getting married?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I only know it from the Beirut song, so do spin me the story, Pixiessp.

Biggest regret of the last five years?
    From what I recall La Llorona was some lady who drowned her children in the river because she wanted to be with her lover who did not want to be bothered with children. Apparently after she killed them he dumped her and she then killed herself. It is said she roams the riverbed calling out to her dead children and will take children from their parents if they misbehave.
    So, of course, being part Mexican I was told by my grandmother and aunts that if I did not behave La Llorona would take me.

Biggest Regret of the last five years: Losing my temper with my mom when she did stupid things as a result of her Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Pixie: Do you have anyone on ignore? Also, what are your thoughts about Randy getting married?
    I have never put anyone on ignore. Have come close quite a few times.
    When things get stupid around here I just take a siesta.

I don't know Randy personally. Have only interacted with him on this board.
    Good luck to them both if in fact they are tying the knot.

pixie, you said "I was an avid reader" please explain to me why it is important to you to read a book .... i get everything i need off the internet so why would you actually pick up a hard back book and read it ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    pixie, you said "I was an avid reader" please explain to me why it is important to you to read a book .... i get everything i need off the internet so why would you actually pick up a hard back book and read it ... cr****
    I love the feel of a book. I love the way they smell. I love the turning of the pages. I read up on current events on the net but when it comes to literature I prefer books. I LOVE BOOKS.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    You're one evil ******, GayPalm.

I'll miss you most of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Pixiessp,

I absolutely adore French and Saunders. I am currently in the process of watching all their episodes/specials thru Netflix.

Ab Fab is/was one of the funniest shows ever. I believe I have seen nearly all of the episodes at least twice.

I have two questions:
    - Do you think visual aspects of music (like music videos or interesting album covers or bands with an exciting laser infused live show) make you like the audio part more?

- What would you order for your last meal?

I absolutely adore French and Saunders. I am currently in the process of watching all their episodes/specials thru Netflix.
    Some of their sketches were a little weak, but their spoofs never failed.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    I have two questions:
    - Do you think visual aspects of music (like music videos or interesting album covers or bands with an exciting laser infused live show) make you like the audio part more?

- What would you order for your last meal?
    I might be apt to check out a CD due to its cover art but it doesn't neccesarily mean I will like it. As for music videos, well..I can enjoy an artists music more if I have a visual in my head. Sometimes the video will actually give me insight on the band or the song. Sometimes it's just visual fodder for the mind. As far as live shows, I could never get into Arcade Fire no matter how many listens i gave them. That is until I saw them at Coachella.
    Their live show is so tremendous that I feel the energy now when I listen to their music. I am currently completely enthralled with Tortoise's new CD.
    If you have seen that cover art you will know there is not much to it and i have never seen one of their shows, yet I listen to it daily and it is becoming one of my favorite CD's.

I don't think I could eat if I knew i was going to die but if I could:
    Miso Soup
    Crab Hand Roll
    Salmon sushi
    Yellowtail sushi
    Uni with a quail egg wrapped in seaweed
    Asahi or Sapporo beer

or

Lobster ravioli
    Bread and butter/olive oil
    Caesar salad
    and some kind of Italian beer.

Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream for dessert with either meal.

Damn, I'm hungry now.

I love the feel of a book. I love the way they smell. I love the turning of the pages. I read up on current events on the net but when it comes to literature I prefer books. I LOVE BOOKS.
    do you fear and/or loathe the kindle?

do you have any religious and/or spiritual beliefs?

whats one of your fondest memories?

whats your most irrational fear?
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Some of their sketches were a little weak, but their spoofs never failed.

Yes!!! I love them so.

I will be back this evening, pals. please keep the questions coming.
    Astrid, I see your question and it's a good one but I must get out of my house for a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
    do you fear and/or loathe the kindle?

do you have any religious and/or spiritual beliefs?

whats one of your fondest memories?

whats your most irrational fear?
    I neither fear nor loathe the Kindle. As a matter of fact I am intrigued by it.
    I doubt I would ever purchase one. At least not at this point in my life.
    It took me a while to download music from Itunes rather than purchase the actual CD. I do that now. Maybe the Kindle or its equivalent is not that far off for me.

Religion,religion,religion! I was brought up a Catholic until the age of 13.
    After that I haven't practiced any religion. I believe in God. I think we go somewhere after we die. I'm hoping it's similar to " What Dreams May Come".
    Various religions interest me and I have been seriously considering taking a course at the local college that dissects religion beliefs.

Some of my fondest memories are the ones I have with my mom since she was stricken with Alzheimer's. I have fond memories of her pre-Alzheimer's but
    these are different. Just seeing her smile when she was happy or seeing the sparkle in her eyes when she finally got something. It was the hardest thing I have ever done.(take care of my mom while she deteriorated) and it is also my proudest moment.

One of my most irrational fears: Driving in a strange town and driving at night.
    I honestly have a hard time seeing at night. If it's a familar place it's not so bad but still uncomfortable. It keeps me from doing a lot of things. Funny thing is I really enjoy driving.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

standard -- picture of your favorite simpsons character please.

Banned

Favorite Billy Mays product?

Pixiessp,

Thanks for sharing your fond memories of your mum. I had a somewhat similar experience with my mum. Those can be, forgive the cliche, some of the most bittersweet moments of one's life.

for your dismissal of the dreadful L Word. I actually think it might be even worse than Queer as Folk.

• Is the milk located at the back of every CVS or is that just a grocery store trick?

• AbFab is, simply put, one of the finest britcoms ever. Any favorite episodes/moments?

• Do you want kids some day? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    standard -- picture of your favorite simpsons character please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    Favorite Billy Mays product?

Been using this one for years.

Pixiessp,

Thanks for sharing your fond memories of your mum. I had a somewhat similar experience with my mum. Those can be, forgive the cliche, some of the most bittersweet moments of one's life.

for your dismissal of the dreadful L Word. I actually think it might be even worse than Queer as Folk.

• Is the milk located at the back of every CVS or is that just a grocery store trick?

• AbFab is, simply put, one of the finest britcoms ever. Any favorite episodes/moments?

• Do you want kids some day? Why or why not?
    The milk is located in the back. You are correct. It was in the back when we were Longs too. Pharmacy is also located in the back. I'm sure you know why they do this. We've got to get all those mothers/fathers that just came in for a gallon of milk to be sucked in to the rest of the store as they walk to the rear. Sales! Sales! Sales! Now....making poor sick elderly folk that come in specifically for their meds walk all the way to the back on their poor little legs is downright mean. Trying to pull additional sales from an elderly person on a substandard social security stipend is not something I condone.

Absolutely Fabulous!! What a show!
    I have way too many favorites but these are clearly some of my favorite moments.

In this episode, Edina's dad passes away and she is having the wake at her house. She realizes she needs to decorate so she purchases inane art objects and in this clip she is showing them to Patsy unaware that her dad's body has arrived.

Patsy and Edina go to the French countryside and decide to go out for a little wine tasting.

Edina is having financial troubles so she must cut back on a few things such as her driver. In this video they skip over the part where they are in the supermarket consuming bottles of Vodka. It returns when they are back on the road.

As for kids: Never wanted to have kids until I hit my 30's then like gangbusters I felt the maternal instinct. I wasn't sure I wanted to raise a child alone and since my relationships at that point were not that serious I refrained and now I don't think I could. I love children though.

I think it was all the shoplifting Algunz did at Longs that helped put us under. Thanks, Gunz
    I don't think I ever used my mad skills at Longs. You should be proud to know that I have not used my sticky fingers in months. Mainly because of your harsh words and the guilt that you showered on me.

What has been the worst experience you've had with an angry customer?

Retail can seriously suck sometimes. I know first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I don't think I ever used my mad skills at Longs. You should be proud to know that I have not used my sticky fingers in months. Mainly because of your harsh words and the guilt that you showered on me.

What has been the worst experience you've had with an angry customer?

Retail can seriously suck sometimes. I know first hand.
    A little tough love goes a long way.

I am very good at smoothing over the angry customers. I listen to them and solve their problem and give them what they want.

To be entirely honest, it's the shoplifters that make me turn green.
    I mean this not to impose any more guilt on you at all.
    Shoplifters must bring out the beast in me. I have to catch you in the act though. I am 5'3 but I become 6'3 when I'm angry. I have calmed down substantially in the last year though.