Page 167 of 454 FirstFirst ... 162163164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    To eat:
    Filet mignon, mashed potatoes, steamed green beans, dill pickles, and sourdough bread with butter
    strawberries and whip cream with sugar

To drink:
    Ten Penny Ale Reserve, cold water, and an Irish Coffee
    Sounds great.

Algunz,
    Please take us on a journey through your musical past. What did you grow up listening to? Did anyone influence your taste in music? What bands got you into different genres of music?

I grew up listening to everything from Beethoven to Boston. My house was always full of music. My dad loved to crank up classical music and we'd pretend to be the music conductors. We always knew dad was a bit tipsy when he'd break out Janis Joplin or the Jesus Christ Superstar soundtrack. My mom on the other hand was all about James Taylor and Joan Baez.

I began discovering music on my own in about 6th grade. I was at a friend's house and her older brother was playing Madness. I was drawn to it immediately. From there I explored all genres of music. In junior high and high school I was a big fan of Billy Idol, Adam Ant, Fishbone, Duran Duran, Oingo Boingo, The Cure, and Depeche Mode.

As I began to dig deeper into these bands influences, I discovered Joy Division, Ziggy Stardust, Velvet Underground, Talking Heads, Patty Smith, the Ramones, New York Dolls etc.

College is where I discovered electronic music. There was an arts festival on my campus called Reality Fest. It was essentially a campus sponsored drug fest. I took acid for the first time and Moby played. Needless to say, I spent much of my early morning hours over the next 3 years in the underground raves of the NYC.

After college, I felt a bit lost. I was going to shows, but nothing paralleled those glorious moments of discovering new music. Then I found Coachella and all was right with the world again.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Gunz, have you or your husband had any sexual liasons with persons other than each other since tying the knot? If yes, naturally expound on the circumstances. Just a hunch, but somehow I suspect there's been some kinky shit somewhere along the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Do you mean individually outside of our relationship or including others with us?

Because the answer to the first scenario would be no and the second would be not since we've been married. But . . we dated for 6 years before tying the knot.
    Last edited by algunz; 07-26-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post

Will you tell me your favorite recipie?
    I realize I forgot this one.

Drunk Chicken

Stick a can a beer up a whole chicken's butt, stuff it's neck with onions and garlic, coat the skin with your favorite rub and throw it on the grill at medium heat or the oven at 350 for about 2 hours. Be sure to put a disposable pie pan underneath it, because it will get messy. YUM!!!

Algunz,
    if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year span, where in the timeline of music history would your five years be?

I'd probably go with about 77 - 81, although I wish I could go maybe a few more years into the 80's.

I was watching a documentary the other day on New York City in 1977, and the music that was happening just in that year in one city was incredible.

Algunz,

Tags. Flattery or tomfoolery?

Dear algunz,

If you could go back in time to witness a single musical event, what would that be?

yr pal,

stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Dear algunz,

- What's the worst thing you've ever eaten, either by accident or out of curiosity?

- Have you ever sustained an injury during a bawdy experience? If so, please discuss.

yr pal,

stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Algunz,

Tags. Flattery or tomfoolery?
    Tomfoolery, but I was still flattered.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post

If you could go back in time to witness a single musical event, what would that be?
    It would have to be Woodstock. The 60's were a time of such turmoil, yet Woodstock was a moment where thousands came together in a moment of peace, love, and a common quest for change. I admire that the main thread that brought them all together was a love of music. I honestly believe that only music could be that powerful.

God Bless the Hippies!!!

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Do you mean individually outside of our relationship or including others with us?

Because the answer to the first scenario would be no and the second would be not since we've been married. But . . we dated for 6 years before tying the knot.
    Okay, so what's the story or stories (pick a good one or two, don't bore us) from before you became the official ball and chain?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Nothing to ask. Just wanted to step in and throw some luv to Gunz.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    - What's the worst thing you've ever eaten, either by accident or out of curiosity?
    I once won $50 for eating a bagel covered in crap that my college friends created. To this day I am not clear as to what was on it, but they revealed that it had everything from tabasco to snot and jello to pubes.

algunz, who are your top 5 djs?

Bawdy?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. ..."

I thought it had to do with language and writing, but I can figure what you are trying to get at.

I've had many a bump, bruise and rug burn, but easily the worst was when I hit my head on a door knob and got a concussion. My partner said I lost consciousness for a few seconds and didn't know where I was when I came to. I've had several concussions and this one was bad. I saw green for three days and the knot on the side of my head was easily the size of a golf ball. I should have gone to a doctor, but I was too embarrassed to explain the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    algunz, who are your top 5 djs?
    In no particular order and I know I am leaving some out, but these were the first 5 that came to me:

Moby
    Grand Master Flash
    DJ Shadow
    Frankie Bones
    Misstress Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Okay, so what's the story or stories (pick a good one or two, don't bore us) from before you became the official ball and chain?
    In an attempt to spare the guilty, I will avoid too much detail and I will share only the oddest.

Jim and I were in Tahoe with a couple of friends mountain biking and enjoying the fresh air. One night we all decided to walk down to a nearby dive bar and hang with the locals. We got drunk and had a great time shooting the shit and playing darts with some toothless Led Zeppelin fans. As we left, there was a group of young wanderers hanging out in the parking lot. There was a tall girl with long brown hair and flowers in her hair. The other two were dreadlocked and obviously a couple. They asked us if they could have a ride to the south shore and we explained that we were walking and were staying just down the road. They asked if they could just get some water and use the bathroom. We were drunk and happy, so we sillily agreed. They grabbed their bags which included a guitar. I was utterly intrigued. These throw back young hippies were free and wandering. I loved it. When they got to our cabin, they washed up and we all started talking and had some more drinks. Of course I broke out the pot and the conversation covered all the places they had traveled. They were from Oregon and had been hitchhiking for the past 3 weeks. They'd been to the Shakespeare Festival and hiked Mt. Shasta until the ice eventually turned them back. I was completely enchanted and slowly began to realize that the tall brunette with the flowers in her hair kept inching closer until her bare leg was resting next to mine. She asked me if I knew how to play an instrument. The guy grabbed the guitar and the two girls pulled hand drums out of their bags and they started singing. Jim and I just stared at each other and our other two friends and laughed. The brunette pulled a couple more drums out of her bag and handed those and her own to my husband and our friends. Then she grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door. I followed like a good little puppy and we walked outside into the crisp night air. She leaned in and kissed me. She tasted like peppermint. Then Jim walked outside and well the rest is happy history. We didn't do much more than kissing and touching, but it was fantastic. The drum circle went on until about 5 AM.

The next morning our wanderers were long gone, and our cabin neighbors kept giving us dirty looks.

I guess it's safe to say Algunz has never had a run in with the law...

Oooh, I forgot about that one.

The closest I ever came was when we had to sit on the curb after we were caught trashing our rival high school before the big game.

Banned

If you were to visit a third world country, what would it be and why?

ooh oh oh and another:

how do you like your marshmallows toasted?
    Last edited by Dr. Lufs-al-ot; 07-26-2009 at 12:16 PM.

If I recall, 7th grade was about the time kids become teens and begin to test their new found limits...At this point, who do you find easier to educate, and why? Boys or, Girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    If you were to visit a third world country, what would it be and why?

ooh oh oh and another:

how do you like your marshmallows toasted?
    I'd visit Cuba. It's a beautiful place with extraordinary culture. Sounds like a perfect island get away.

I like them torched, so that the outside is black and crispy.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    If I recall, 7th grade was about the time kids become teens and begin to test their new found limits...At this point, who do you find easier to educate, and why? Boys or, Girls?
    Girls for sure, most boys at 13 are still rather immature and squirly. The girls are far more controlled and able to listen and absorb.

albunz,

Does your husband know about your message board fame? Does he know you like to post your ass for all of us to see? What are his thoughts if he does know?

He knows enough to stay clear of the boards.

He thinks it's rather odd and sometimes a bit lame. My whole family likes to make fun of me and my post count.

Banned

Poutine, Animal Fries, or other? (please state the other and where to find it)

old school

I'd visit Cuba. It's a beautiful place with extraordinary culture. Sounds like a perfect island get away.

I like them torched, so that the outside is black and crispy.
    But you like them white on the inside???

Is that your ideal man? If not describe