Page 155 of 454 FirstFirst ... 150151152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,650 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

  1. #4621
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    If you were in Tehran right now, do you think you'd be on the streets every day? Citizen journalist, perhaps?
    I'd certainly be engaged in some peaceful rabble rousing, at first. If the situation progressed like it is now I'd have to fight. The faux democratic process that just took place would be enraging. I consider myself pretty political so an event like this couldn't be missed. Yeah, you would probably find a small audio recorder and steno pad on me for documentary purposes as well.
    Do you find Anderson Cooper and his flashy style of personality journalism as empty and annoying as I do? And if so, who/where do you turn to for better journalism be it print, web and/or broadcast? (Please note I mean no disrespect to Anderson cooper's face or his.. biceps.)
    I've got no problems with Anderson Cooper. Granted I don't watch his show all too often. I do appreciate his willingness to report from the front lines and his ability to look so good in the process. It's a news feature show. I think he respects journalism more than many other TV news personalties as well. A straight shooter if you will. The weird thing about AC is his infatuation with The Real Housewives of Atlanta. Why anyone finds those personality bankrupt, materialistic people interesting is beyond me.
    What is a common misconception many people have about you when they first meet you? Why do you think that is? If you don't have an answer for this, then.... what is one quality you wish you did a better job of projecting?
    A few people thought I was an asshole or stuck up at first. I think that happens because I can be a little shy at first, my friends would say otherwise but whatever. Then, I'm confident in my opinions and am decently well spoken which may threaten some people? I don't know. It's just very surprising because I'm a pretty nice guy, certainly not an asshole. Although I have zero tolerance for ignorance or excessive bro-ish behavior. Just no.
    Bonus (if it was good enough for Bill Clinton in an MTV forum, it's good enough for you): Boxers, briefs or boxer-briefs? And, why?
    Depends on the situation.
    Soccer or Working Out: Compression shorts. Keeps everything securely in place
    Out and about: boxer-briefs. They work better with tighter jeans, are comfy and look better while stripping down to them.
    At home: Boxers/boxer-briefs. It's pretty much whatever.

    Mixing situational undergarments could be risky though. I had a rather embarrassing situation arise going home with someone I met at a club. Being rather drunk I forgot I was wearing knee length soccer compression shorts because I was totally out of any other clean underwear. As my pants were getting removed for me the rather confused individual asked if I was wearing spandex. It was all downhill from there.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 06-22-2009 at 02:32 PM.

  2. #4622
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Jeff, do you still find Tori Amos work over the past 5 years interesting and good? I gave up sometime after Scarletts Walk and was wondering if anything else is worth investing in. I used to be fairly obsessed with her but then got bored. Also, what's your favorite Tori Amos album?

  3. #4623
    old school pancakespancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,694

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What is the origin of your curious board handle?

    It sounds like it could be the name of some 90s ska-punk band from Long Beach... that's just me haha...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

  4. #4624
    Member seandlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,886

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Woozel,
    If a stranger came up to you and asked you "hey you. Give me one band, artist, or group that will change my life."
    It can be any genre, and this person has never heard of the band you would pick, regardless of how big they are except the beatles, bob dylan, etc.

  5. #4625
    Member Castanets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Mr. boarderwoozel3:
    1 - Best pick up line you've heard.
    2 - One college experience you are never telling your parents about?

  6. #4626
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,118

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    BW3, how did it feel getting swept by a mediocre Angels team?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  7. #4627
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Jeff, do you still find Tori Amos work over the past 5 years interesting and good? I gave up sometime after Scarletts Walk and was wondering if anything else is worth investing in. I used to be fairly obsessed with her but then got bored. Also, what's your favorite Tori Amos album?
    I still haven't listened to Abnormally Attracted to Sin so I can't say definitively. But I've enjoyed all her work that I've heard. Not say that she has, but it's easy to become stale as a moody pianist singer-songwriter. By that I mean it's difficult to reinvent yourself. That said, I effing love From The Choirgirl Hotel, specifically "Playboy Mommy."
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    What is the origin of your curious board handle?

    It sounds like it could be the name of some 90s ska-punk band from Long Beach... that's just me haha...
    It's nothing that cool assure you. It's just an internet name I came up with in high school and have stuck with. I like the number 3, a passion at the time and a nickname. Truth be told, if I could change it I would. Though I'd rather have my post count number reset before that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    Woozel,
    If a stranger came up to you and asked you "hey you. Give me one band, artist, or group that will change my life."
    It can be any genre, and this person has never heard of the band you would pick, regardless of how big they are except the beatles, bob dylan, etc.
    It's super cheesy but the first band that came to mind as Radiohead. I've turned a lot of friends onto them by saying something along the lines of, "Look, I know they get all kinds of hype but they really are that good."

    But so I could stay hip, I'd suggest Talking Heads. Then go on to say anything that David Byrne has ever touched would be fine as well.

    Arcade Fire or Pixies would also suffice. Enough range and quality work, more to come soon from AF *knocks on wood*

  8. #4628
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    It's super cheesy but the first band that came to mind as Radiohead. I've turned a lot of friends onto them by saying something along the lines of, "Look, I know they get all kinds of hype but they really are that good."



    Jeff,

    What was your favorite non-music moment at Coachella this year?

  9. #4629
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Mr. boarderwoozel3:
    1 - Best pick up line you've heard.
    2 - One college experience you are never telling your parents about?
    1- Not so much a pickup line but certainly a bold seal the deal line that got dropped on me: I'm at a local bar smoking a cigarette and chatting with a very cute girl. I've just returned from a lengthy vacation to Lollapalooza and Cape Cod so I'm well tanned and proudly wearing my Radiohead tour t-shirt, a form fitting black one that says, "You'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking" in rainbow print. After a few minutes of flirty chit-chat she gives my shirt a good stare, looks me right in the eye and with a playful little grin asks, "You sure about that?" That was a fun night.

    2- Any number of times that I've mixed booze, drugs, sex and individuals that I wouldn't introduce to my friends. (cop-out, I know)
    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    BW3, how did it feel getting swept by a mediocre Angels team?
    Bite me. I'mstillbitterabout2002goddamnAngelscan'tgettheirh omecityright...

  10. #4630
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post



    Jeff,

    What was your favorite non-music moment at Coachella this year?
    It's a quasi-music moment in that it happened during music but the Crookers > Chems meetup. More so during Crookers when everyone was in the same spot losing their minds. That was just insane. There were boardies from the CAA group who I doubt knew about it that came and found us. The best part was everyone looked like they were on top of the world, ear to ear grins--chemically induced or not. Can't beat the camaraderie.

    If that doesn't count then hanging out and drinking with various boardies until sunrise on Sunday night into Monday morning. Some quality shenanigans in that timespan. It was a great way to share some laughs, get to know people a lot more and extend the weekend as long as possible.

    On that note, Thursday was a pretty wild party. Too many good times to choose from. But I suppose that's a good problem to have.

  11. #4631
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Of the concerts you have coming up which one are you most excited for?

  12. #4632
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Of the concerts you have coming up which one are you most excited for?
    I have no clue. Haha. I've been saving and living like a pauper to make some of these shows happen. Particularly the Underworld through Orbital run in Europe. But if I had to choose just one... Pukkelpop.

    Four nights and three days of music in Belgium--a French speaking country, yay! The rave tent there goes until 4am and I've heard it has even better lights and production than the Sahara. Not to mention I'm going with my sister. I've had a strained relationship with her for a number of years. I anticipate quite a bit of bonding around getting our party on. She's just getting into Coachella-type music and raving so I can't wait to take her to an event like this and blow her mind.

    And yes, I'm completely giddy about David Byrne on Wed. He's added "Born Under Punches" for this leg of the tour. That's my all time favorite Talking Heads song. So yeah, I'm on cloud nine and more than willing not to eat gourmet so that I can make all this happen.

  13. #4633
    Wheels Of Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Drinking Milk
    Posts
    6,969

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    If a house fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where specifically would it be and what features would it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

  14. #4634
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What do you miss most that you have had to cut out while saving money for concerts?

  15. #4635
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,025

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    A few people thought I was an asshole or stuck up at first.
    Guilty

    But now you're practically an idol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  16. #4636
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,025

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What physical features are you attracted to most in a woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  17. #4637
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    If a house fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where specifically would it be and what features would it have?
    It would be a magnificent apartment/loft/home in the heart of Paris, preferably in The Marais. It wouldn't have to be massive but certainly large enough to be very comfortable, entertain a dozen people and store my stuff without looking cluttered. Top floor facing a park would be wonderful. I'd like to have roof access and really good sound proofing because when Daft Punk play your house, you really can't ask them to turn down the bass. Have to have skylights, particularly in the large stone shower and large tub. A top notch kitchen is essential. Definitely should have a good sized island. Style and decor would depend on the building. I could go modern or vintage so long as the older building was still of the highest quality. Personality is a must in my living spaces. And near a metro stop would be just peachy as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    What do you miss most that you have had to cut out while saving money for concerts?
    Drinking, going out and going to more, smaller shows. Like Byrne tomorrow night. The ticket was ~$60. That's 3-4 up and comer shows but it's David Byrne, sacrifices have to be made.

    I've been eating a lot of the same bland food. It gets old quickly but is cheap. So it goes. Anyone with good tips for eating healthy on the cheap, send'em my way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Guilty

    But now you're practically an idol!
    Oh well, one of these days I'll be able to dispel any misconceptions in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What physical features are you attracted to most in a woman?
    Eyes, overall fitness, butt and legs.

  18. #4638
    Wheels Of Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Drinking Milk
    Posts
    6,969

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

  19. #4639
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?
    Deep question. I have no clue... 3% deeper.

  20. #4640

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What is your snowboarding skillset like?

  21. #4641
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    What is your snowboarding skillset like?
    Pretty solid. My parents had me skiing since early childhood and that switched to snowboarding in 4th grade. Now I like the mountain is steep and the powder deep. My favorite run on powder day is the West Face of KT-22 at Squaw. Also my favorite chair and resort. That said, I'm nothing special in the park. Can handle the easier rails, up to moderate kickers and the pipe but nay-nay to those triple kinked rails, and monstrous jumps. I've seen too many people ruin themselves on that nonsense and I have too much respect for my body.

  22. #4642
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,573

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Pretty solid. My parents had me skiing since early childhood and that switched to snowboarding in 4th grade. Now I like the mountain is steep and the powder deep. My favorite run on powder day is the West Face of KT-22 at Squaw. Also my favorite chair and resort. That said, I'm nothing special in the park. Can handle the easier rails, up to moderate kickers and the pipe but nay-nay to those triple kinked rails, and monstrous jumps. I've seen too many people ruin themselves on that nonsense and I have too much respect for my body.
    On that topic, what's the greatest spill you've ever taken. It doesn't necessarily have to mean the most violent; something embarassing (like where you lost your pants) would also qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  23. #4643
    Member JewFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,144

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Mixing situational undergarments could be risky though. I had a rather embarrassing situation arise going home with someone I met at a club. Being rather drunk I forgot I was wearing knee length soccer compression shorts because I was totally out of any other clean underwear. As my pants were getting removed for me the rather confused individual asked if I was wearing spandex. It was all downhill from there.
    Ha ha ha haaa! I wear compression shorts when working out sometimes as well. I've had that exact same thing happen.

    Re: Healthy, cheap, fast recipes: I've used quite a few recipes from this site.


    NEW ONES...
    • What's your dance song? That one song that comes on at a party or in a club and you just know you have to dance. (It's 'Single Ladies', isn't it?)

    • 'Overrated' is a word that gets thrown around a lot. Which critically acclaimed and/or popular artists leave you scratching your head saying how'd s/he get so big?. Actor/actress, singer/band, film maker, writer, personality, comedian... your choice. Knock 'em down a peg!

    • How would your mum describe you to a stranger? What about you makes her most proud and what's one thing she wishes you did differently?

  24. #4644
    old school pancakespancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    5,694

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    I'm stealing this question from someone else who asks it every week, I can't think of who, but I really love it:
    If you had your own independent record lable (and all the money in the world of course) what would it be called and what kind of music/bands would you release on it?

    Also, I asked Tommy this one, I like it:
    What was a time recently (the last several years of your life) in which you felt the most at peace and content with yourself and the world around you?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

  25. #4645

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    What physical features are you attracted to most in a man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  26. #4646
    Member frazzles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,941

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Tell us about the one that got away, if applicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

  27. #4647
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    On that topic, what's the greatest spill you've ever taken. It doesn't necessarily have to mean the most violent; something embarassing (like where you lost your pants) would also qualify.
    At Squaw again, I'm flying down the 'mountain run,' a 3.6 mile relatively easy one. I'm getting toward the bottom keeping to the right because I'm going much faster then most of the other people when a skier turns right into my path, and there's a collision. I leveled this guy, went flying myself, and drew the ire of a number of older skiers who didn't appreciate we young punk snowboards going so quickly. Luckily all parties were unharmed and I made a hasty--albeit very apologetic--escape.

    Later on I meet up with my mother and sister who had rode the Funitel--a large gondola--up the hill that afternoon. They mentioned seeing a big collision on the mountain run during their ride. Small world, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    I'm stealing this question from someone else who asks it every week, I can't think of who, but I really love it:
    If you had your own independent record lable (and all the money in the world of course) what would it be called and what kind of music/bands would you release on it?
    I'll get back to you on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Also, I asked Tommy this one, I like it:
    What was a time recently (the last several years of your life) in which you felt the most at peace and content with yourself and the world around you?
    I received my acceptance letter from the University of Washington the week on Tuesday before Coachella. The weather was also gorgeous that week, ~70 degrees with blue skies. I haven't walked with that much pep in my step in quite a while. Everything felt like it was finally falling into place.
    Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    What physical features are you attracted to most in a man?
    Have to be fit but no crazy bodybuilder muscles, that's scary. Sinewy is best. Well proportioned. Nice facial angles but not too rugged. Eyes and teeth are biggies. Nice smile. A great ass and legs never hurt anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by frazzles View Post
    Tell us about the one that got away, if applicable.
    I wouldn't say she got away because hindsight being 20/20, it wouldn't have worked long term. But I would have liked to give it a better try. A classmate and I found ourselves hanging out a lot and clicking very well. We jut got along brilliantly and really enjoyed eachother's company. We we're close physically but not sexual even though the feeling was there. We also worked together and said because of that we really shouldn't have sex. It was more of a mutual tease than anything else.

    As a result of this we laid relationship ground rules and made it clear that dating other people was ok, "friends" (I know). One night while were out drinking I was intimate with another person and they got hurt. It was well within the boundaries of our relationship but still, I should have known better. It was obvious they liked me more than they let on. After that we started to grow distant and ended up not seeing each other for a few months but have since started spending more time together again. This time totally platonic. We really are better as friends.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 06-24-2009 at 05:59 PM.

  28. #4648
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Ha ha ha haaa! I wear compression shorts when working out sometimes as well. I've had that exact same thing happen.

    Re: Healthy, cheap, fast recipes: I've used quite a few recipes from this site.


    NEW ONES...
    [LIST][*]What's your dance song? That one song that comes on at a party or in a club and you just know you have to dance. (It's 'Single Ladies', isn't it?)
    I don't really have one song. I'm a sucker for the bass so pretty much anything that has a good beat and isn't inherently lame, I can work with. Although, I've heard Call On Me - Eric Prydz a few times recently and have thoroughly enjoyed it, a lot. That could and should go down as a guilty pleasure. So much cheesy fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    'Overrated' is a word that gets thrown around a lot. Which critically acclaimed and/or popular artists leave you scratching your head saying how'd s/he get so big?. Actor/actress, singer/band, film maker, writer, personality, comedian... your choice. Knock 'em down a peg!
    Dane Cook. UUGGG! So I get that he was all crazy and 'wow look at the weird stuff I'm doing!' That worked when he was cute, sort of, not really. Did anyone see him on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brian the other week? What happened to him, he looked gross. Attractiveness aside, he's a C- comedian at best. His material simply isn't that great, it's lulz for the dumbshit masses. The Nickelback of comedy, if you will.

    To put this in context, I love stand up. Guys like George Carlin, Mitch Headburg, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Lewis black etc. smart, funny, comedians..... Dane Cook, please. If you want to give someone a huge TV comedy tour give it to Robin Williams. The man is out of this world funny. See: Robin Williams Live on Broadway, hilarious. Although you'd have to air it on HBO.

    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    How would your mum describe you to a stranger? What about you makes her most proud and what's one thing she wishes you did differently?
    Oh man, my mum is very typical. Especially as her first born and only son, I have no flaws in her eyes. She would say something along the lines of 'Jeff is a tall, smart, handsome guy with limitless potential.' Or that's what she's always telling me anyway, that I've got so much potential. She's a wonderful woman.

    Internally, she probably wishes that our relationship had always been as strong as it is now and that I had always been focused academically. For a while at the end of high school and beginning of college I had very little direction or drive--unless it was to pick up another gram or partying. As a result, family relations and school work fell by the wayside for a moment. But the former's strength and constant support is why I'm at a good place today

  29. #4649
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,025

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Favorite sports team logo/jerseys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

  30. #4650
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

    Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    I'm stealing this question from someone else who asks it every week, I can't think of who, but I really love it:
    If you had your own independent record lable (and all the money in the world of course) what would it be called and what kind of music/bands would you release on it?
    Harpoon would be very diverse. I wouldn't want to be one of those huge record companies because it seems all of them are all out to make money to sustain at that level and to be cliche, it's about the music. I'd start by wrangling the best talent in whatever area I was in, not descriminating by genre, well, most genres. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music so I'd like my label to reflect that. Emphasis on DJs, dance bands and intelligent rock'n'rollers. But if I ever started something like this, my first move would be to hire someone who knew what the hell they were doing. Or a few for that matter if money isn't a concern. I could do very well on the marketing/PR side but in terms of managing the finances and knowing how to start something like this, I'm a tad lost. It's a dream job to be sure.

Similar Threads

  1. Board members who make music
    By corbo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 05:40 AM
  2. If this board had 95,000,000 members
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
  3. CBM Impressions of Board Members
    By canexplain in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 10:29 PM
  4. Hey Board Members...should I or shouldn't I???
    By C DUB YA in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. PF/VET BOARD MEMBERS..... HELP ME....
    By take2andpass in forum Passes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •