Page 149 of 454 FirstFirst ... 144145146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Nicely done PC-2...

Mark, I have a simple question: Favorite pancakes?

Oh, and cats or dogs?
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Who are your top three breakbeat artists?

Do you ever plan on trying to throw more shows or make a night happen with your skillage?

Do you want to move to LA from Riverside, or are you content in the IE?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

Mark,

Why so serious?

i loved aj's week!

headstruck, tell us a couple of bands we'd be surprised to hear you'd like (meaning, NOT the killers, NOT interpol) and why you'd recommend them.
    Last edited by casey; 06-14-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

I remember one of AJ's first posts about hookers, guns, and a gangsta attitude. This thread is great for exposing the other sides of people. Nice job, Anthony!

HEADSTRUCK, (Mark)
    2 years ago you started a camping group that shared a common interest in Coachella and, well...an ability to party. While the group has not only grown in size, but the friendships have grown into something more like a family than a group, or club. What characteristics do you look for before "adopting" a new member to the family? Is there anything you'd change about PAW?
    And, lastly, how will you top this past year's tent construction for next year?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Fine week AJ.

Mark, what are 3 EDM artists that everyone needs to checkout immediately? Their genre and a brief blurb on why they're so good would be nice too
    jeff you response is coming but I am uploading music for each artist so give it an hour or so...... you wont be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Mark, I have a simple question: Favorite pancakes?

Oh, and cats or dogs?
    any that you make me but I hear you walnut pancakes are great?????

Dogs, I hate cats but I am gunna get my son a cat cause he loves them.

Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Who are your top three breakbeat artists?

Do you ever plan on trying to throw more shows or make a night happen with your skillage?

Do you want to move to LA from Riverside, or are you content in the IE?
    1. Plump djs 2 Far too Loud 3 Autobotz

I have thought about it Aj and I might get back into that but I promoted shows for a long time and really its nice having the year break I have had. I am sure you will see me dj in the LA area in the future though.

I dont like the IE but thats where my job is so..... I plan to move to maybe the Pasadena area though

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    any that you make me but I hear you walnut pancakes are great?????

Dogs, I hate cats but I am gunna get my son a cat cause he loves them.
    I will make you whatever pancakes you want if you ever come visit. Promise. My latest invention was peach pecan...they were outstanding.

Get a male cat. They're generally less bitchy.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    i loved aj's week!

headstruck, tell us a couple of bands we'd be surprised to hear you'd like (meaning, NOT the killers, NOT interpol) and why you'd recommend them.
    hmmmmmm

let me give this a bit of thought

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

jeff you response is coming but I am uploading music for each artist so give it an hour or so...... you wont be disappointed
    Nice, take your time.

In the meantime; What's your take on the direction western culture is headed? What do you think the semi-immediate future holds--in two decades?

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I remember one of AJ's first posts about hookers, guns, and a gangsta attitude. This thread is great for exposing the other sides of people. Nice job, Anthony!

HEADSTRUCK, (Mark)
    2 years ago you started a camping group that shared a common interest in Coachella and, well...an ability to party. While the group has not only grown in size, but the friendships have grown into something more like a family than a group, or club. What characteristics do you look for before "adopting" a new member to the family? Is there anything you'd change about PAW?
    And, lastly, how will you top this past year's tent construction for next year?
    hahaha

As far as new members go I do pay attention to what people post and I did turn down a lot of people last year because they either dont get along with some of the core PAW people or they just plain suck. If a person comes into the PAW thread and insults the kids in there they dont get in. I look for people that dont judge the people that are already in the core group (making fun of ravers even though I do). I dont let many people in without a lot of post but I do let a few slide and if they suck they wont be asked back. Really it just depends on my mood at the time and you all know I can be moody as shit. If I dont know somebody and they ask I do ask other PAW people about them (mainly allyjoy)

things to change about PAW?

well the first thing that will be different next year is I will no longer have 80 people calling just me. Donald gave me the idea of splitting the list up between a few of the guys that help me out so I dont have such a shitty Thursday night again. I dont plan on changing to much because I kinda like it just to flow like it did this year. If you didnt notice I really dont hang out in the center or with all the people much but hang back in a smaller setting and just let everyone else enjoy themselves so really I will talk to the core group before hand and ask them what they think needs to be better.

How will I top last year?

haha I guess you will have to wait and see but expect lots more construction and hopefully a solar panel.
    Last edited by HEADSTRUCK; 06-14-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Fine week AJ.

Mark, what are 3 EDM artists that everyone needs to checkout immediately? Their genre and a brief blurb on why they're so good would be nice too
    Good question Jeff cause you didnt ask me my fav but three to check out and why....

First off one of the best breakbeat acts over the last few years IMO has been Far Too Loud. They Hit the breaks scene very hard with their nasty tear out style of breakbeats. I was given their first(2005) release before it came out by the record label owner(broke records) and I played the shit out of it at every gig I had for a good year. In only their second year putting out tracks they won the best single award at the Breakspoll awards. here is a sample of four of their releases. enjoy
    https://www.yousendit.com/download/c...bWd1Yk5MWEE9PQ

Second would be

Rennie Pilgrem

He is one of the Breakbeat gods and a true pioneer to the nu skool breaks sound. His sound is very acid for the nuskool side of breaks and he is one the the acts I wish I could see the most. Not only is his production original but his mixing is flawless. here is a set he did for the breakspoll for your enjoyment.
    https://www.yousendit.com/download/c...RndsMHlGa1E9PQ

and lastly are three friends of my from Milwaukee who I grew up watching rock every rave and club in the midwest and had the pleasure of opening for a hand full of times. I have the honor of having one of the three (the Saint) come tag a breaks set with me for my birthday 2 years ago.

GEIN = Weston B. Means (The Butcher) Adam M. Darby (Abel) Radislov Eremija (Saint)

and yes a pic of me tagging with Ronny from gein

These guys are on such record labels as Habit, Guerilla, Evol Intent, Tech Itch, Freak (first us dnb trio on label) and Moving Shadow. If you dont like your Dnb hard and dirty they are not for you

check out their myspace for lastest releases and mixes.

http://www.myspace.com/gein1

here is their remix of the classic track "life of sin"
    Last edited by HEADSTRUCK; 06-14-2009 at 03:10 PM.

Downloading now. This is going to be a good week.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

gein does have like 10 mixes on their myspace page above their bio. I would say skin suit Vol 3, 4 and 5 are def some of my favs

Aj if you dig that Far Too Loud stuff I will upload more plus a live set of them from Glastonbury

Mark,
    You wake up in the morning and the zombie apocalypse is upon us. There is chaos on the news and in the streets. The news doesn't really say what is going on but it is painfully obvious to you what this is. Think the beginning of Dawn of the Dead. No zombies have yet to threaten your home but it won't be long before one or more does. The zombies are fast and violently aggressive. Walk us through the first 24 hours or so.
    What is your initial reaction?
    What would be your short term and long term goals?
    What are the first 5 things you would gain possession of?
    Where would you go? Or would you fortify your residence and bunker down? Why?
    Feel free to elaborate beyond the questions asked.

hahaha
    As far as new members go I do pay attention to what people post and I did turn down a lot of people last year because they either dont get along with some of the core PAW people or they just plain suck. If a person comes into the PAW thread and insults the kids in there they dont get in. I look for people that dont judge the people that are already in the core group (making fun of ravers even though I do). I dont let many people in without a lot of post but I do let a few slide and if they suck they wont be asked back. Really it just depends on my mood at the time and you all know I can be moody as shit. If I dont know somebody and they ask I do ask other PAW people about them (mainly allyjoy)

things to change about PAW?

well the first thing that will be different next year is I will no longer have 80 people calling just me. Donald gave me the idea of splitting the list up between a few of the guys that help me out so I dont have such a shitty Thursday night again. I dont plan on changing to much because I kinda like it just to flow like it did this year. If you didnt notice I really dont hang out in the center or with all the people much but hang back in a smaller setting and just let everyone else enjoy themselves so really I will talk to the core group before hand and ask them what they think needs to be better.

How will I top last year?

haha I guess you will have to wait and see but expect lots more construction and hopefully a solar panel.
    Well, I hope I don't fall into the plainly suck category. I can understand how any anomosity would fuck shit up though. I can respect the way you got it all together and can attest to how cool everybody in the group I met was towards me. Either way, unless Formaldahyde becomes the drug of choice, my PAW days are more like PANTR these days. (Party All Night Then Rest.) LOL BTW Your answer was great, thank you! And I'm looking forward to seeing this solar panel next year! (Perhaps while standing off to the side ...I was gonna say smoking a joint, but you don't do that, do you?)<<<That's my question, followed by, "What's your favorite way to alter moments in your life?"
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I'm downloading now, thanks.

When and how did you fall in love with music? Who were the "gateway groups" that shaped your musical interests to this point?
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 06-14-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    i loved aj's week!

Its funny that you call me headstruck with how well we know each other lol.

ummmmm

This is really a hard question since you wanna know bands that would surprise you. You know a lot of what I listen to Casey so I will do my best.

NOFX- I listen to The War on Errorism all the time and I am really not into that style of music at all. Come on its fucking NOFX!!!!!

Wu Tang Clan- I hate rap and dont really listen to any hip hop but them. I have always had a thing for the Rza and his album as Bobby Digital

Sarah Mclachlan- She is one of my fav singers.....EVER

Tom Petty- I have seen him like ten times nuff said

I tried to pick stuff that you dont know I listen to but I am sure there is so much more............

hardest question I had yet

Alot of thought went into that post Ryan..

Its funny that you call me headstruck with how well we know each other lol.

ummmmm

This is really a hard question since you wanna know bands that would surprise you. You know a lot of what I listen to Casey so I will do my best.

NOFX- I listen to The War on Errorism all the time and I am really not into that style of music at all. Come on its fucking NOFX!!!!!

Wu Tang Clan- I hate rap and dont really listen to any hip hop but them. I have always had a thing for the Rza and his album as Bobby Digital

Sarah Mclachlan- She is one of my fav singers.....EVER

Tom Petty- I have seen him like ten times nuff said

I tried to pick stuff that you dont know I listen to but I am sure there is so much more............

hardest question I had yet
    I love NOFX, seen Tom Petty twice, & went to all 3 Lilith Fairs.

What's the most shameful show you ever attended? I saw NKOTB...twice. Can you beat that?
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.

When and how did you fall in love with music? Who were the "gateway groups" that shaped your musical interests to this point?
    I dont remember the exact moment but I know in middle school I listen to a lot of The Doors and The Dead. I was a big fan of Korns first album ( and that one only) because Jon Davis was way ahead of his time.

Getting into edm shortly after that a lot of my influences included: Mark Farina, Derrick Carter, Paul Johnson, Green Velvet, Woody Mcbride, Terry Mullan, Joey Beltram and two hometown kids who I went out to see a lot were Jackin da box and Mike wenz.

As the years went on a lot of the acts that shaped me include, Interpol, Bright Eyes, Plump Djs, Autobotz, Deep Impact, Gein, Dan Doormouse etc.....

I listen to a wide array of music and pick different things up from so many artists i guess. Growing up in music scene that I was part of (doing sound and lights and then moving on to djing and promoting shows) I really think I have been exposed to many good and bad things but have made me who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I love NOFX, seen Tom Petty twice, & went to all 3 Lilith Fairs.

What's the most shameful show you ever attended? I saw NKOTB...twice. Can you beat that?
    I really dont have any shameful shows I went to.... I seen the first Family Values tour and thats prob the worst

i'm putting some new songs on my ipod for a road trip & was looking for some Petty..

can you recommend 3 tracks?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    i'm putting some new songs on my ipod for a road trip & was looking for some Petty..

can you recommend 3 tracks?
    ummmm

Breakdown

American Girl

Learning to Fly

are prob my three favs but you cant go wrong with Petty

can u give 3 that aren't "commercial classic rock station staples"
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

love is a long road

anything thats rock n roll ( i think thats the name)

one story town

better?

not sure if they play those on the radio or not
    Last edited by HEADSTRUCK; 06-15-2009 at 09:20 AM.