Page 137 of 454 FirstFirst ... 132133134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,110 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Dear Tommy,

As a fan of both the Chicago Bears and hip-hop, please defend "The Superbowl Shuffle," not as a cultural phenomenon, but rather a piece of music.

yr pal,

Stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    Tommy, name the top three board members you would have sex with (if there are three...)

Top 3 I've HAD sex with? Or WOULD have sex with?

If it's would then, and don't feel creeped out because it's just hypothetical, I would go miscorrections, psychocandy and Soul Discharge.

I've HAD sex with.......none of your biz.

Pineapple Pete, Hand Banana, frenz plz.

You're just choosing the three board members with the biggest tits.
    Last edited by SoulDischarge; 05-31-2009 at 05:59 PM. Reason: grammatical awkwardness

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    You're just choosing the people with the three biggest tits on here.
    LOL!

wooo

tommy have you banged a board member? did she yawn?

on the real: If you could cook for any three of your favorite artists who would you choose and what would you cook?

EDIT: how do i get my name on this thread's interview list? this is too much fun
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 05-31-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Dear Tommy,

As a fan of both the Chicago Bears and hip-hop, please defend "The Superbowl Shuffle," not as a cultural phenomenon, but rather a piece of music.

yr pal,

Stuporfly

The first thing you have to realize about "The Super Bowl Shuffle" is that it's not purely a rap song. It's much more eclectic than that. LAYERS, stuporfly, LAYERS. The way Calvin Thomas rips the sax is a callback to the old jazz scene in Chicago and wasn't seen much in hip-hop back in 1985. It's the same with the live drumming. The Bears influenced Public Enemy to go that route. The way Walter Payton and Willie Gault play off each other is pretty brilliant. You didn't see transitions like that from MC to MC back then. Beastie Boys bit this so hard. And Gangstarr clearly was influenced by this. Mike Singletary's monotone flow was replicated by Guru almost immediately. Also, the harmonzing at 5:18 needs to be appreciated. Their voices melded together like a thing of beauty.

Interesting. I've never heard of keloid scars. Didn't know that sort of thing could be hereditary. I guess we get all sorts of weird crap from our parents. Next question: What would be your ideal day of food; i.e., breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc?
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

TOMMYBOY!!

What's was that point when you listened to Animal Collective for the first time and really knew "this is it, the greatest band alive is here, and I have just seen the face of God"?

Real question: What is the most peaceful time and/or place you've experienced in the last several years of life? The time/place in which you were the most relaxed, the most optimistic, or the most at an understanding with yourself and the world around you. This is a bit of an open-ended question. Explain if you care to.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

TommyboyUNM,
    if you had to be stuck in a tv show for the rest of your life, which show would you choose and why?

Tommy,

Which is a better state: Arizona or New Mexico? Why?

He didn't choose me or fatbastard!

Am I allowed to ask multiple questions? Yes?

Tommy, if there's anything I know you for, it's your love of sex and your love of music festivals. Have you ever got laid at a music festival? If so, tell us about it in extreme detail, and tell us what great band you did it to while banging her in the porta potty.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Tommy, can you hear me? Tommy, what do you think of The Who's Tommy?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

old school

Tommy,
    Desribe to me the relative location of where babies come from...
    Diagram if possible

Tommy,
    Are you a deaf, dumb, and blind boy?

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Tommy,
    Are you a deaf, dumb, and blind boy?
    He got his name from Tommy Smothers, suckas.

I would have put money on Tommy Tutone.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Tommy, tell us about an album that you didn't care for after the first listen but revisited and now love? What factors caused you to warm up to it?

I would have put money on Tommy Tutone.
    Tommy Tutone would treat you extra special if you did.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    What would be your ideal day of food; i.e., breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc?

For breakfast I would definitely have some pancakes with chorizo and eggs. For lunch I would eat a 1 pound burger from Fuddruckers cooked medium rare with American cheese. An oreo shake to go with that, thanks. For a snack, I would eat Ritz Bitz mini cheese cracker sandwiches. Washing it down with a Cherry 7Up. For dinner I would have steak & shrimp with a baked potato. Dos Equis lager to drink with that. For dessert I would have key lime pie from a local cafe called Flying Star.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    What is the most peaceful time and/or place you've experienced in the last several years of life? The time/place in which you were the most relaxed, the most optimistic, or the most at an understanding with yourself and the world around you. This is a bit of an open-ended question. Explain if you care to.

I think this was when I was coming down off of my first mushroom trip in December. I really felt refreshed and reborn. I saw life like I had never seen it before and I was able to put everything in perspective. I had never been so sure of myself after that. Ally can attest to this, I talked to her on the phone like 10 minutes after I fully came down.

Non-drug moment: When I babysat my nieces for the first time. Astrid fell asleep in my arms while Bianca fell asleep on a blanket. It was dead silent and I was just looking at them and felt at total peace with everything. The innocence of a child can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    TommyboyUNM,
    if you had to be stuck in a tv show for the rest of your life, which show would you choose and why?

I would be stuck in 30 Rock. I would have a lot of funny people to hang out with and I would totally take advantage of Tina Fey's character.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Tommy,

Which is a better state: Arizona or New Mexico? Why?

Arizona is the better state and not on its own merit. It's the better state by default because it doesn't have a piece of shit town like Gallup. If you've ever driven on I-40 in New Mexico, you may have had the unfortunate pleasure of stopping in Gallup. Even if I'm in Gallup for 5 minutes, I end up leaving pissed off. I have never met a nice person from Gallup and there is absolutely nothing to do in Gallup. What a goddamn shit hole. I don't even wish it on BrokenDoll.

Plus, Arizona is closer to Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Tommy, if there's anything I know you for, it's your love of sex and your love of music festivals. Have you ever got laid at a music festival? If so, tell us about it in extreme detail, and tell us what great band you did it to while banging her in the porta potty.

I have never had sex at a music festival. The closest was Bonnaroo last year. I had sex in the hotel the night before the music festival. But that's not special because lots of people have done that. Neither my girlfriend nor I wanted to have sex at the actual fest. We were way too tired and hot and bugging the shit out of each other the entire weekend. In retrospect, maybe I should've boned someone that weekend.

I tried to fuck Jeff and Patrick at Coachella this year, but neither of them were havin it.

I've actually never listened to it, but Paul B said it is better than Dark Side of the Moon and I have trouble believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Tommy,
    Desribe to me the relative location of where babies come from...
    Diagram if possible

I'm not entirely sure where babies come from, but I have expertise on how to prevent a baby from getting into the picture. It looks something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Tommy, tell us about an album that you didn't care for after the first listen but revisited and now love? What factors caused you to warm up to it?
    When I first heard Sigur Ros, I started with "( )" and I didn't "get it." I guess I wasn't in the right mindset to appreciate it. I actually deleted it from my iPod and didn't give it a second thought. Then they were announced for Bonnaroo 2008 and a lot of people got really excited. I decided to listen to them again. This time, I listened to "Takk..." Something about Sigur Ros eventually clicked and I gave "( )" another shot. This time I was absolutely blown away. It's now one of my favorite albums.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    About 6 years ago, my friends and I were sitting around and drinking. My buddy Patrick (oddly enough) brought up that he's always wanted to just stand in the shower and drink beer. For some reason that sounded like a good idea, so the rest of us said we would be up for it and that it wouldn't be gay because we'd be drinking beer. Luckily the shower was big enough for like 10 people and there were 4 of us. So it didn't feel cramped nor did it feel gay. Just some naked buddies in the shower drinking some beer. It ended, and got gay, when Patrick got out of the shower and smacked me on the ass. I proceeded to get an erection which touched my other friend's hip.

So I would say that or the first time I made quiche. I guess that wasn't an "encounter" but it did give me feelings I was uncomfortable exploring.
    Did anyone else enjoy this story like I did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I tried to fuck Jeff and Patrick at Coachella this year, but neither of them were havin it.
    Where was I when this was happening?

What is something you're extremely ashamed of?

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Did anyone else enjoy this story like I did?
    I enjoyed it but felt it ended too abruptly.

I've actually never listened to it, but Paul B said it is better than Dark Side of the Moon and I have trouble believing that.
    better than The Wall, if that means anything to you.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

You must have blacked out then

What's your take on baby carrots? Why do people get weirded out by them? That's weird.

Arizona is the better state and not on its own merit. It's the better state by default because it doesn't have a piece of shit town like Gallup. If you've ever driven on I-40 in New Mexico, you may have had the unfortunate pleasure of stopping in Gallup. Even if I'm in Gallup for 5 minutes, I end up leaving pissed off. I have never met a nice person from Gallup and there is absolutely nothing to do in Gallup. What a goddamn shit hole. I don't even wish it on BrokenDoll.
    Plus, Arizona is closer to Coachella.
    Christ Allmighty! I think he's startin' to like me!!!
    Tommyboy, imagine the next time you go through Gallup, you have to make a potty stop or some shit like that. As you're walking towards the men's room you see a fancy bottle laying on the ground. You pick it up and start brushing the dust off of it when lo n' behold, a cloud of smoke seeps out of it and out pops a genie granting you just one wish! Now, before you go gettin' all excited, let me add that the genie just so happens to be..you guessed it... me! What shall be your wish, master?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Tommy, feel free to answer any or all of these...

The strangest or most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Please describe the experience and if it was as bad/weird/unusual as you thought it would be.

Radiohead's playing a gig in town but they will only be playing tracks from 2 of of their albums, which 2 albums would you select? They'll also be playing a new cover song TBD. What song will they cover?

Is there a film, television show, book, album, piece of art that you hold near and dear to you that has been criminally underrated and unappreciated? If so, please name the work and tell us what you love about it.

Thank you for your time.

i would have to disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Tommy,
    What were you like in High School? I think a picture could suffice.

A picture and a story would be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Astrid fell asleep in my arms

ahem. i dont follow this religiously, so disregard any repeat bullshit please.

whats your favorite smell?
    whats your favorite beer?
    where do you stop to eat when your on a roadtrip?
    what kind of vehicle do you drive?
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    What's your take on baby carrots? Why do people get weirded out by them? That's weird.

I think baby carrots are fine, but I can see why people get weirded out by them. They look like midget fingers. From midgets who just ate an entire bag of Cheetos. And can you imagine if Bugs Bunny dined on baby carrots? He wouldn't be a cultural icon, I can promise you that.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Christ Allmighty! I think he's startin' to like me!!!
    Tommyboy, imagine the next time you go through Gallup, you have to make a potty stop or some shit like that. As you're walking towards the men's room you see a fancy bottle laying on the ground. You pick it up and start brushing the dust off of it when lo n' behold, a cloud of smoke seeps out of it and out pops a genie granting you just one wish! Now, before you go gettin' all excited, let me add that the genie just so happens to be..you guessed it... me! What shall be your wish, master?

I only get one wish? If I got more than one wish, I'd wish for a less creepy genie. Then I'd wish for the standard large sum of money without you making any changes to my life. Nothing about me or my life would be different, I'd just be fucking loaded. Not a good answer, but it's the correct one. Or I would wish to have the ability to fly. That would just be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Tommy, feel free to answer any or all of these...

The strangest or most unusual thing you've ever eaten? Please describe the experience and if it was as bad/weird/unusual as you thought it would be.

Radiohead's playing a gig in town but they will only be playing tracks from 2 of of their albums, which 2 albums would you select? They'll also be playing a new cover song TBD. What song will they cover?

Is there a film, television show, book, album, piece of art that you hold near and dear to you that has been criminally underrated and unappreciated? If so, please name the work and tell us what you love about it.

Thank you for your time.

I haven't had many chances to eat anything unusual and this kind of saddens me. I'm the type of person who would try many different things, given the opportunity. I've eaten an ant, but it was too small for me to really get any flavor out of it. I accidently tasted something and I there's an entire thread dedicated to that topic. This question makes me feel lame.

The album that's easiest for me to pick is OK Computer. So I wouldn't definitely choose that for them to play. The other one isn't the one that most Radiohead fans would pick, but it's my 2nd favorite Radiohead album. Hail to the Thief. It would be nice to hear "Go To Sleep." I'm not sure how often they play that live. As a cover song, I'd like them to do "Sea Song" by Doves. I think they would pull that off extremely well.

I don't think many things go underappreciated nowadays, what with the internet and all. It's hard to fly under the radar. That's why you have so many people claiming everything is overrated. I will say that, for it being the most chilling music I've ever heard, Sigur Ros is still pretty underappreciated. I would think it would have more mass appeal because it brings out so many emotions, but the average person doesn't actually like good music. The average person like pop that they don't have to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Tommy,
    What were you like in High School? I think a picture could suffice.

A picture and a story would be even better.

Unfortunately I don't have a pic handy. If you remind me, I'll try to find one when I'm not at work. In high school I pretty much flew under the radar. I was friends with everyone, but I wasn't popular in the jock/homecoming king sense of the word. I spent a lot of my time drinking and smoking weed and not enough time going to class or doing homework. I was the guy who everyone knew and liked, but I wasn't top of mind in the social hierarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid View Post

ahem. i dont follow this religiously, so disregard any repeat bullshit please.

whats your favorite smell?
    whats your favorite beer?
    where do you stop to eat when your on a roadtrip?
    what kind of vehicle do you drive?

There's a General Mills factory here in town and I when I drive past it, it makes me smile. I take a huge whiff.

My favorite beer is Dos Equis lager. That's my go-to beer. I like good ambers and lagers in general, but that seems to be the one I go to and enjoy the most. Beer snobs, I know there is much better beer out there. Trust me.

I try to stop at places like Subway. I'm usually not much of a fast food fan. There is an exception. I usually have to stop at In N' Out Burger if there's one in the town I'm visiting. But on a road trip, just give me a Subway and I'm a happy guy.

I drive a Techno Grey 2008 Saturn Vue. I bought it in January when it had 10 miles. It's been very good to me so far.