Page 132 of 454 FirstFirst ... 127128129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    TCHY,
    What was the wierdest thing that ever happened in your hotel?
    Jesus...where do I begin?

I had 2 older black women check in and their reservation was for a King Bed and I guess they didn't know, but they said they couldn't sleep in the same bed because one of them had aids and it made the other uncomfortable.

I've had people tell me that they had cancer and to please upgrade them to a suite because they were going to die soon.

We had one of our agents check a room that had a DND for a few days to make sure everything was OK..only to find a meth lab in the room.

In Las Vegas Kanye West, Yes The Mr. West, came to the desk to complain that our upscale steak restuarant refused to serve him because he was black. It didn't occur to him that:
    1. The place was about to close because of time.
    2. It being an upscale place, they required business casual dress and he was wearing jeans, snikers and a hoodie.
    3. The manager he was complaining to was Black herself.

We had a gentleman from NY walk into our VIP lounge and talk about how he just lock $250,000 and he is just fine with it.

People having sex EVERYWHERE. Yeah, public sex is hawt, but do you really have to do it by the public elevators where everyone passes?

I had drinks, punches and all sorts of curse words launch at me. I could go on forever with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    TCHY,
    have you ever seen someone naked running around in your hotel? was it nice?
    serious question:
    who is your favorite poster on the boardz?
    if you were left on earth with one other boardie to repopulate planet earth, who would it be?
    which boardie would you kill?
    Yes to the 1st question.
    I don't have just one. I have many.
    the answer to the third is .......
    the final answer is ...........
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Marco, what first attracted you to your wife? And what made you want to stick around for the long haul?
    she has the most beautiful set of eyes. And she is one of the sweetest people on earth, I think it was her love for lost and mistreated animals. All of our animals are rescue animals and she just has the biggest heart. That and she puts up with all of my BS.

Wow this thread has gotten pretty long so far. I wonder how many gave their life stories already.

Let's talk sushi.

1. Do you like sushi?

2. If so, do you prefer traditional Japanese sushi (understated and elegant) or do you go more for the American-style super rolls where they throw everything into some massive blob?

3. thumbs up or thumbs down on: uni; ama ebi; unagi; ikura?
    1. Oh god yes. I would eat it everyday if I could.

2. Both. It depends on my mood. I LOVE some of the Amercian Sushi creations. Dragonroll and Spiderroll being some of my favorites. However, I have yet to find a place in the US that had Sushi as good as the crap little stands in Japan.

3. DOWN, UP, OH GOD YES, Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Joe Strummer. Easily. The Clash were one of the first band that got me into punk and Joe Strummer's solo music is incredibly underrated. I have always like what Joe Strummer had to say and have always found him a fascinating person. The passion in his voice, lyrics and music is something I love and admire. He is definately a hero of mine.
    word. i was very fortunate to meet him at a show just a few months before he passed, had a nice talk with him. i still think back to that on a daily basis and get goose-bumps. solo-wise, i can listen to "streetcore" anywhere and anytime, it is up there in my top 5 albums of all time.

the doc "let's rock again" gave me that much more respect for him. i loved how he just wanted to talk to people. no matter who they were, he just wanted to hear their story, to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    OMG MARCO!!!! one of my favorite boardies!

I hadn't realized you've traveled so much to Japan, China, and elsewhere. What was the biggest culture shock for you in Japan and in China?

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Team Coachella Hell Yeahhhh!!! Tu queres china comida?
    The biggest culture shock in China was the food. Walking into places to eat was like walking into a pet shop. If it walks, flies or crawls they eat it. nothing is off limits. Most of us just ate rice during our time there. In fact at one point they served us moth pupuas. Nasty. In Japan, it was just the lettering everywhere. Not seeing everything written in English or in Roman Letters just really fuck with your head. Also, the price of things in Japan. I knew it was an expensive city but some things were insane. Some watermelons costed 10,000 yen which is equal to $100. Just nuts. I do have to add that I have only been to China once and Japan twice (the second time being more of a living then a traveling thing). One of these days I will make it to Europe.

So, I hate "real" chinese food.
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 05-26-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Marco,

Bjork does 2 songs with Radiohead. One of hers and one of theirs. Which songs do they perform?
    I have thought of these for a while now. The Bjork song they should do is Joga. Jonny on electronics and the rest of the band just doing their thing. For the Radiohead song, I have always thought Bjork's voice would fit perfectly with the words in Arpeggi. "In the deepest ocean.." Easily could come from Bjork. I would also like to hear a full band version of I Have Seen It All and maybe some more collaboration on her new track Nattura.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    i lived in China...
    where exactly did u visit?

Marco, how did you meet your wife?
    This are kind of the same question. Well not really but. I used to do martial arts (I did it for about 8 years) and we went on a trip to China to actually study at the Shaolin temple for a few days. We took some classes with the monks and it was actually pretty cool. We started on trip in Shanghai and from there to to Deng Feng (where the temple is at), Xian, Bejing and one more city that I know I'm forgetting. We went in 2001. I imagine its pretty different now. My wife and I actually both used to teach martial arts and that is where we meet. I actually knew her for a much longer time then she knew me. She was a student when I started teaching. I left doing it for a bit and when I got back we ending up being sparring partners at out instructor classes (now she just beats me up ) and teaching at the same place. We both got fired for dating.

Marco, what are the top 5 concerts youhave ever attended and briefly explain why each is in your top 5.
    Maybe its better if I don't include Coachella shows?

In no order:

Daft Punk at Red Rocks. This really needs no introduction. I had missed them at Coachella and was kicking myself for months after that. Red Rocks was the most perfect of do overs.

Bjork and Massive Attack at Fuji Rock. STUNNING!!! Just too amazing for words. Everyone who was stunned by MA Coachella showing has no idea how much they can bring it when given the time and money. Youtube does it no justice. And Bjork was just wonderful. Hearing Storm and Where Is The Line for the 1st time all tripped out with the mountain setting.

Merzbow into Sleater Kinney into BOREDOMS!!!! into Aphex Twin UCLA ATP. SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!SHUT UP! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hour long drum circle? Eye screaming at the top of his lungs? Richard D James following? Just amazing.

Sigur Ros Hard Rock Hotel 2005. Over 2 hours. Nuff Said.

Radiohead 2 nights APW.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Thanks, rage

Marco, describe the worst poverty you have ever seen.
    In China in the villages around Deng Feng. Shanty towns galore. The people that lived there didn't seem to care, people still seemed happy. I would later figure that the main reason why they didn't care was because they had never traveled outside of the villages and had never really seen how otheres live.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    TeamCoachellaHellYeah,

Who else is on Team Coachella?
    It used to be my lil brother, sister, brother an sister in law and my wife. Now its just my wife and I.

What's the scariest thing you could possibly think of?

Assuming you make it to 75, what's your ideal of what your life would be like at that age?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    What's the scariest thing you could possibly think of?

Assuming you make it to 75, what's your ideal of what your life would be like at that age?
    I can't swin so I am terrified of deep water. I love beaches and I looking at the ocean but for the life of me, deep water just scares me.

Not having to work hopefully. living downtown in a fantastic city, taking morning walks, reading, drinking coffee and still going to great shows.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    It used to be my lil brother, sister, brother an sister in law and my wife. Now its just my wife and I.
    Hell yeah.

we went on a trip to China to actually study at the Shaolin temple for a few days. We took some classes with the monks and it was actually pretty cool. We started on trip in Shanghai and from there to to Deng Feng (where the temple is at), Xian, Bejing and one more city that I know I'm forgetting. .
    whoaaa... that is pretty badass

i once saw Shaolin monks come down from the hills in a small town in Guangxi province.. they put on a street show..
    I was the biggest guy in the audience so they plucked me.. guy had me hold a metal pipe to his throat, then he bent the pipe in half with his throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Marco,

Would you rather have too many hookers and not enough blow or too much blow and not enough hookers?

TCHY,
    if you had to be trapped in a tv show for the rest of your life, which show would you choose? This doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite show, just one that you could live in for the rest of your life without going bat-shit crazy.

Marco, if you could be a woman for a day, who would you be and what would you do?

The biggest culture shock in China was the food. Walking into places to eat was like walking into a pet shop. If it walks, flies or crawls they eat it. nothing is off limits. Most of us just ate rice during our time there. In fact at one point they served us moth pupuas. Nasty. In Japan, it was just the lettering everywhere. Not seeing everything written in English or in Roman Letters just really fuck with your head. Also, the price of things in Japan. I knew it was an expensive city but some things were insane. Some watermelons costed 10,000 yen which is equal to $100. Just nuts. I do have to add that I have only been to China once and Japan twice (the second time being more of a living then a traveling thing). One of these days I will make it to Europe.

So, I hate "real" chinese food.
    I had to ask after reading you went to china because one of our weekend trips down to mex we came accross a chinese restraunt and the sign in big NEON lettering read "China Comida"...it was the funniest thing cause you don't expect people to eat chinese food in mexico...

it was hard to find Mexican food in Beijing...
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Marco,

Would you rather have too many hookers and not enough blow or too much blow and not enough hookers?
    Iz don't do drugzzz....so maybe Hookers without enough blow....

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I had to ask after reading you went to china because one of our weekend trips down to mex we came accross a chinese restraunt and the sign in big NEON lettering read "China Comida"...it was the funniest thing cause you don't expect people to eat chinese food in mexico...

it was hard to find Mexican food in Beijing...
    Funny story...when I was in Japan..I discovered this place in Shinjuku called " El Torito"......yes...it was a mexican restuarant and they would shout "Bienvendos!" everytime someone walked in....one of the biggest mind fucks of my life...

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    TCHY,
    if you had to be trapped in a tv show for the rest of your life, which show would you choose? This doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite show, just one that you could live in for the rest of your life without going bat-shit crazy.
    Bones seems like a reasonable answer....I don't know if I could handle all the dead bodies at first...but I figure you just get used to it...

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Marco, if you could be a woman for a day, who would you be and what would you do?
    I would be Bjork and I would demand a duet with Radiohead because of how awesome I am...then I would make a record using only recorded penguin noises....and watch as Pitchfork reviewed it was the greatest thing since OK Computer...

whoaaa... that is pretty badass

i once saw Shaolin monks come down from the hills in a small town in Guangxi province.. they put on a street show..
    I was the biggest guy in the audience so they plucked me.. guy had me hold a metal pipe to his throat, then he bent the pipe in half with his throat.
    The running on the walls thing was pretty cool...of course it helps if you weigh less then 100 pounds...

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I have thought of these for a while now. The Bjork song they should do is Joga. Jonny on electronics and the rest of the band just doing their thing. For the Radiohead song, I have always thought Bjork's voice would fit perfectly with the words in Arpeggi. "In the deepest ocean.." Easily could come from Bjork. I would also like to hear a full band version of I Have Seen It All and maybe some more collaboration on her new track Nattura.
    I'm afraid the judges were looking for something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I'm afraid the judges were looking for something else.
    Let me hear your picks sir.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Everything In It's Right Place

Pluto

Edit:

Though I would pay very large sums of money to see the ones you mentioned. You could take any song from either catalog really. Well, maybe not Morning Bell on Amnesiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Everything In It's Right Place

Pluto

Edit:

Though I would pay very large sums of money to see the ones you mentioned. You could take any song from either catalog really. Well, maybe not Morning Bell on Amnesiac.
    I thought about Pluto actually....but wouldn't know how well it would work..I guess they could Idioteque it up a bit and go from there....

EDIT: Does anyone remember when Radiohead and Bjork were supposed to tour together in 1998 and something happened where the whole tour was cancelled? I would have killed someone to have gone to one of those shows...
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 05-27-2009 at 11:21 AM.