Page 127 of 454 FirstFirst ... 122123124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

What's your favorite energy drink? (if any)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

This has probably been asked already but what was the worst day you've had so far in your life?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I think I was aiming more for a realistic perfect day.

I mean no riding a dragon to brunch kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Josh, read any good books recently?

And what is your favorite non-music related hobby?
    Actually, I don't really read books... I know I sound like a barbarian or something, its just not something I do. Last book I read in full was Watchmen, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I would recomend it to everyone. Before that, was 1984 which was just over 3 years ago.

Non-music realted hobby? Umm... this board probably haha. It used to be video games, but I haven't played any very much lately. I dunno. I don't really have another hobby. Funny, someone asked me this the other day and I didn't have answer for that. Do I need another hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It's been a good bit since i've been in this wonderful thread that I have created. Someone refresh me on the new rules or are they still the same?

Josh, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Have you and Becky discussed children names at all?

Do you read books or movies? What was the last book or movie that had an impact on how you look at life or how you live it?
    10 years? First, I will obviously be with Becky. I will have travelled all over the world, to music and believe it or not, non-music related events. I will have a stable job doing something I enjoy. And perhaps have a kid. Perhaps.

Yes. That we have. For a boy we were thinking Lars, and some other name that escapes me. And for a girl either Brody or Adelede (I don't think I am spelling that correctly though).

As I answered above, I don't really read book... but I do watch a ton of movies. I do enjoy movies that make you think, but with that being said, I cannot recall ever watching a movie that made me rethinking how I look at life or how I live it.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    What's your favorite energy drink? (if any)
    Monster. I could live off that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    This has probably been asked already but what was the worst day you've had so far in your life?
    The worst? Well, I don't know about the worst day ever, but I sure as hell have had a worst morning ever. It was the morning after I got the most drunk I ever had last summer. The morning after, I actually wanted to die. Im sure everyone has had a morning like this, but I honestly hope I never have another like it. I actually haven't gotten drunk since then. Just a little tipsy...

Of course, I have had really shitty days where everything goes wrong, but I can't think of one specific one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I think I was aiming more for a realistic perfect day.

I mean no riding a dragon to brunch kind of thing.
    It would start off by me waking up after I had a nice, comfortable 9-10 hours of sleep. I would walk into the kitchen and fresh belgian waffles with strawberries and whip cream would be waiting for me. The weather outside would be nice and sunny, and around 25 C (figure out F for yourself :P) and Becky and I would go for a walk... somewhere. After this we would grab some food at an affordable restaurant, like Red Robbins and then go for a drive somewhere and listen to music at loud volumes. Stuff for the road on a sunny day. Everything from The Aggrolites to Yeasayer to The Beach Boys to Joe The Specials and everyting in between. After our long and random drive, probably just go back to my place for a bit and relax. For dinner, either make Mexican food or go to a Mexican restaurant, which would then be followed by, a couple hours later so our food has time to go down, a Gogol Bordello show. After the show, hang out with friends and the such and once everyone is tired and ready to pass out, head back to my place and go to sleep. Damn. That does sound like the perfect day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I own zero basses. I am saving up for one right now though. I am most likely going to get a Fender Jaguar bass. Or maybe a precision, but I am leaving towards the Jaguar.

well if we have a year or two, the gang should get together virtual, and do something and give Josh a bass for a wedding present .... becks part is she can listen to how much he improves ...

so my ? you get married on say June 1st 2011 ... everything is perfect and planned ... all of the sudden 20 people from the coachella board show up ... pissed, happy, surprised, stumped? and tell the truth cuz this might happen cuz i know even if i never see you guys again, you are my friend so heheheheheh cr****

edit ......once everyone is tired and ready to pass out, head back to my place and go to sleep. Damn. That does sound like the perfect day.

i dont know about that go to sleep part lol
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    well if we have a year or two, the gang should get together virtual, and do something and give Josh a bass for a wedding present .... becks part is she can listen to how much he improves ...

so my ? you get married on say June 1st 2011 ... everything is perfect and planned ... all of the sudden 20 people from the coachella board show up ... pissed, happy, surprised, stumped? and tell the truth cuz this might happen cuz i know even if i never see you guys again, you are my friend so heheheheheh cr****

i dont know about that go to sleep part lol
    Well, hopefully I have my bass before our wedding :P But another couldn't hurt...

And if a bunch of board members show up at the wedding, I would be veru surprised but very happy. Board members are more than welcome. If you are a board member and reading this and would like attend my wedding in Spring/Summer 2011, contact me and I will add you to the working guest list. Im serious. That goes for anyone reading this.

I already said Ron, I think I am part cat. I need my sleep.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

What do you think of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Hyde View Post
    What do you think of me?
    I have no idea who you are. Based on the one post of yours though, I would be willing to bet you are the type of person who makes friends fast. You aren't afraid to meet new people and you make an excellent first impression. The downside is that some people thing you are too forward and sometimes rude. You don't let this bother you though, because these aren't the type of people you want to make friends with anyways. You are also a strong minded individual and will work to get what you want. With that being said, you are also quite a stubborn person and when working in team situations, you put yourself in charge and do not value the opinions of others. In other words, I would say you are a pretty well rounded person Karl. That sound about acurate?

Damn it, Josh, now you've ignored two of my questions. Why do you hate me so much? (I kid, I kid)
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Mr. Rage,

This is a reminder of a previous question, what are the five best days of your life? (Skip the explanations if they require too much of your time.)

What is your favorite flavor of Otter Pops?
    First, I had to reseach what Otter Pops were...

I came to the conclusion that I definitely have never had an Otter Pop before. However if they are anything like Freezies, then I would have to say a very close tie between Blue and White.

As for you first question... My answer! Its been a long time comming, but here it is. Now, this is in no particular order, this is just how they came to me.

The best 5 days in my life...

1. Getting a Buzz Lightyear action figure when I was 8. I think I had a kids meltdown when I opened my presant and Buzz was inside the box. I didn't play with anything else that Christmas, nothing else mattered but Buzz.

2. My first date with Becky. It was something simple, but it wasn't a dinner and a movie. We went out to a local arcade/mini golf course called Castle Fun Park. We played Area 51, Jurrasic Park, Frog Races, Time Crisis, that game where you try to hit the light and it gives you ticked, we talked, we laughed, we made out in the baseball cages... good times. I have many, many other amazing memories with Becky and many other days with her could be called the best day of my life, but this one will always stand out.

3. Getting an Nintendo 64/Gameboy Colour for my birthday. I believe it was for my 11th birthday. I had ALWAYS wanted one of the two, because my friends all did and I had always had fun playing them. However, my parents didn't want videogames in the house. Then for my birthday, I couldn't believe it when I saw an N64 (with Starfox) and a Gameboy Colour (with Pokemon Red) both there! Im pretty sure I started crying.

4. Friday at Coachella 2007. It was my first taste of Coachella and what I will bar all music festivals too in the future. It was like walking into a whole nother world and I will never forget what it felt like. It almost turned into the worst day ever by eating a gross plate of Nachos and almost getting sick and leaving during Sonic Youth, but I made it to Gogol Bordello and it quickly became solidified that this was one of the best days of my entire life.

4. Vans Warped Tour 2003. This was the third concert I ever attended and the first good concert I ever attended. It was also my introduction to punk and the first punk show I ever saw. I went mainly for Rancid and Andrew W.K., but there I discovered The Dropkick Murphys and The Suicide Machines. All 4 bands blew me away and I began to look at music differently after that show. Unfortunately, it took another 2 years before I was able to shake off most of the shitty bands I listened to. Anyways, It was the first "music" festival I ever attended and had a blast from the beginning of the day to the end of the day. Definitely one of the best days.

Sorry it took so long Greg! I just had to think on this one. Hopefully my answer suffices. Both of them actually...

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I have no idea who you are. Based on the one post of yours though, I would be willing to bet you are the type of person who makes friends fast. You aren't afraid to meet new people and you make an excellent first impression. The downside is that some people thing you are too forward and sometimes rude. You don't let this bother you though, because these aren't the type of people you want to make friends with anyways. You are also a strong minded individual and will work to get what you want. With that being said, you are also quite a stubborn person and when working in team situations, you put yourself in charge and do not value the opinions of others. In other words, I would say you are a pretty well rounded person Karl. That sound about acurate?
    That works. I suppose my band mates--Underworld--and I don't get along like choir boys all the time. But it's the culmination of our respective initial visions that makes the final product a true representation of our musical talents as a whole. Cheers.

Who is your favorite comedian? What is your favorite joke of theirs?

What is your all time favorite corny joke?
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

What, in your opinion, is the best TV show of all time?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Why the bass?

its common knowledge that if you're a gangly kid and want to be in a band you play the bass

Who is your favorite comedian? What is your favorite joke of theirs?

What is your all time favorite corny joke?
    To be honest, I never really "got into" comedy. I was always was a fan of Will Farrel on SNL though. Celebrity Jeopardy and Harry Caray always cracked me up. I have started to get into stand up lately though. one of my favorites I have found is Zach Galafianakis. Everytime he says "Hello. My name is Zach Galafiankis. I hope I am pronouncing that right." I laugh. Everytime. This always makes me laugh too...

I also watched a Russell Peters video the other day. He is a fucking funny guy. He wouldn.'t get away with even half the stuff he says if he was white. I almost died with his bit about deaf people and sign language.

Favorite all time corny joke? I don't know about a single corny joke, but I am sucker for corny puns.

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    What, in your opinion, is the best TV show of all time?
    See, I have never really ever followed a show before. The closest I ever got was Pokemon. And even though I loved that show, I can't really call it the best TV show of all time. In my opinion, Arrested Development.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Why the bass?
    Long story. Here it goes.

So, in grade 10 my friends and I decide to form a band. One problem, we had 3 guitarists, no drummer and no bassist. Eventually, we get my british friend to play bass for us and our emo friend to play drums for us. We call ourselves The Screaming Seabass (there is a great story behind the name). We are a horrible mess and our band practices were a complete failure. We then try reforming, but now we have 4 guitarists, no bassist and drummer. We decide to all take turns playing the bass and my friend gives up the guitar to play keyboards and we get our friends, littles brothers friend to play drums for us. We call ourselves The Joeys (a funny story behind that name too). We are actually a coherent band, we record a few songs and play a few shows at our high school. My favorite of our songs was our cover of Nelly Furtado's Maneater. Anyways, basically as soong as we finish high school, we break up.

Then about a year later, my friend Layton, the singer for both out bands tells me he recorded a solo album usuing nothing but an acoustic guitar he had given to him, a plastic bucket, some shells and some other toys for percussion and garageband. He called his solo project "Princess Says." It was some pseudo-psychadelic folk stuff inspired most by Devandra Banhart. It was pretty good. He soon gets some calls from some local coffee shop about playing live. He doesn't know what to do so he calls me and Andy, the drummer for The Joeys. We say sure. At this first show, Andy played conga's and I played acoustic guitar, tamborine and shells. After this show, we decide to form a band.

We start to practice and we quickly figure out most of this Princess Says material is not going to work live as it is. So we tweak it a bit. Layton has the idea of adding a bass for a few songs, I so I borrow Andy's. At this point, I had only noodled around with the bass a few times before and gotten brief lessons from my British friend who played with us in The Screaming Seabass. We played a couple shows like this, Andy moved up to a full drumset and added in Laytons little brother, Zach, to do percussion. I played electric and acoustic guitar half the time and bass the other half. After a couple shows, we decided to try and write material together. The first song we made together was called "Fairwell Fairweather." That song ended up being the song we choose to make our music video after we won the battle of the bands, but now I am getting a head of myself. Anyways, we all love this song and Layton has the idea of ditching ALL the old songs and going for something different. Zach doesn't fit the mold, so he stops practicing with us. We cease to be a pseudo-psychadelic band, and start writing more poppy songs influenced by everything from swing to souther folk to reggae. A few months later, we start playing live shows again under the name Princess Says. At this point, I still played 2 songs on guitar. We soon stopped playing one and another I switched to playing bass instead.

To make the rest of the story short, a few month later we add Zach back into the band because we felt we needed more than just guitar bass and drums and he added in trombone and keyboard parts. A few months later, we found a free organ at a local church, so we added an organ to the band. A couple months after this, we no longer thought the name Princess Says suited us, so we changed out name to "Rags To Radio."

So, to make this whole long story short, I played bass because there was no one else too. I grown to become quite fond of it and I think I am getting pretty good at it. My goal is a bassist is to create bass lines that accent the guitar, not simply repeat what the guitar is playing. Sometimes it is appropriate, but for the most part, I hate when bands have the bass playing the same as the guitar pretty much all the time. Also, I don't use a pick in ANY songs. Its fingers or bust.

Wow that was long.

its common knowledge that if you're a gangly kid and want to be in a band you play the bass
    Really? In my experience, the chubby guy is usually the bassist. We have talked to many people before who havent seen us, and we ask them to guess what we all play in the band. I am almost always pegged as the lead singer/guitarist. Don't know why. I have a terrible voice though.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Rage, what's the most inane story you like to tell?

Also, when did you develop your speech impediment?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Rage, what's the most inane story you like to tell?

Also, when did you develop your speech impediment?
    A lot of people ask me where I got the scars on my arm. So I tell that story quite often. Im not sure if that counts as inane though. I don't randomly tell it to people, people just ask a lot. So yeah, thats my answer for that.

Im not quite sure exactly. I think it may have started in grade 2 when I had bad teeth and I had to get a couple teeth pulled and spacers were put in place. Because of that though, I never had to get braces and I have pretty good teeth. I might have had a slight lisp before that though and the spacers just enhanced it. I guess the lisp just stuck around.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Agreed, fingers or bust for sure.

... so were you gay before the lisp or did that come afterwards?

In other words, chicken or the egg?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

... so were you gay before the lisp or did that come afterwards?

In other words, chicken or the egg?
    *Yawn*

Well, you are trying. I can at least give you credit for that.

Do you get along with your parents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Do you get along with your parents?
    I do get along with my parents. They are both great parents and I have no reason not to get along with them. Of course we have our disagreements and such, but it is nothing to make me hate them or anything. They are both great people. That and they give me a free roof to live under, do my laundry and give me free food. What do I honestly have to complain about?

That you haven't moved out of your parents' house yet even though you're engaged?

Correction: "engaged."

That you haven't moved out of your parents' house yet even though you're engaged?
    Nope. No reason too. It allows me to save money for school, for things like Coachella and for us to buy a place after we get married.

Correction: "engaged."
    Why the quotations?

... you proposed at a Gogol Bordello concert. Forgive me if I think it's not going to make it.

One flash in the pan begats another, Rage.

Well, that is your opinion. Only time will tell.

Rage Patton,
    Please share your best teenage vandalism story with us. What kind of hijinks did you and your friends get into when you were in high school?