Page 126 of 454 FirstFirst ... 121122123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Sorry Ally! Give me a minute... those questions were asked in the midst me answering the previous batch. I will get to it now!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

rage, i know you're engaged, but tell us about the one that got away...
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by real talk View Post
    Rage Patton, recommend some things to do in Vancouver on a random Saturday. I'm excited to drive up from Seattle for a weekend this summer. I've never been there. Where do the cool people hang out?

Also I really like your haircut and shave.
    Stanley Park and Granville Street are my two favorite places to visit randomly in Vancouver.

This is Stanley Park.

There is lots to do here. First, you can just walk around the Sea Wall. It is exactly what it sounds like. A giant wall built around the perimeter of the park, which borders the sea. Or you bike, job or rollerblade. No skateboarding though. It is a beautiful walk. Inside the park there is lots of native artwork and totem poles as well as great places to have picknics and relax. Alternatively, you could go to the Aquarium within the park. That is always fun. I highly suggest spending a day, or at least part of one, here if you visiting.

Here are a couple pictures of my fiancee and I at Stanely Park relatively recently, just before the haircut and shave.

Here is us in front of the totem poles.

Here is us acting gangster in front of the Stanley Park Yact Club.

Me sitting on the seawall

Becky in a tree.

Me resisting getting my photo taken.

Captain Josh.

Just a picture.

Here is us.

As for Granville Street, is a just a street full of goodness. It is a street full of many different stores, food- fast and restaurant, venues and clubs. If you want to shop and see the city, go to Granville Street. Also, wonder around the surrounding area, especially Robson.

This was a pretty epic post full of lots of information and picture. So this answer gets its own post.

When you come to Vancouver Valerie, make sure you say hi! (Did I spell your name right?)
    Last edited by rage patton; 05-19-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Awesome. Perfect. Are her earrings wood? I have wood earrings that look just like that but mine don't really stretch the piercing it just has a little wood post that goes through the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

Josh, where the hell did Luca disappear to?

Actual question:

If you could be a dinosaur, what dinosaur would you be and why?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

they seem to be popular. i know a couple people who have them. mostly to streatch though, it basically spins in their ear. no posts.

If you could go back in time and live during any era for a year, what year would you visit and where would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Rage is really bad at this.
    Shut up! I've been busy... working 2 jobs, volunteering for the election and trying to figure out whether or not I could make Sasquatch work while organizing my Bonnaroo and Europe trips hasn't left me with much time. Im answering these questions in giant blocks whenever I get the time.

See you this weekend love. <3

You're bad at this. Kick rocks.
    Kick rocks. I love that phrase. So much. Thank you for saying that.

Funny story! So, I sitting outside my tent at Coachella 07, and I am pretty sure it was Saturday. There are so guys from Calgary camping in the row across from us, and they are a loud bunch. One of the guy asks another a question (I forget what it was) but the reply was "Ha! Kick rocks, nerd!" My friends and I all burst out laughing upon hearing this. The combination of never hearing this used before, mixed with the way he said it was just too funny. It has turned into a sort of inside joke.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    So, Rage, my love... what is your animal spirit guide?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Do you believe in magic? and if so, have you ever revived a dying fairy with your faith?
    Cat. Definitely. I actually think I may have been a cat in a previous life. Cats and I have so much in common.

I have no idea. I am getting a major in political science and minor in media communications and I don't know exactly what I want to do with them. All I know is that I don't want to be a politician.

I revive fairies like no other. One time, this fairy was dying and I looked at it and I was like "Bitch, please" and it lived. True story.

u high?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Rage Patton,
    Ska -- 1st wave, 2nd wave or 3rd wave? Choose only one.
    Easy. 2nd wave. Third wave got me into ska, but now it is sort of a novelty to me.

Wait... does Desmond Dekker count as 1st or 2nd wave? If he is first wave, it makes the decision a little harder. But either way, 2nd wave.

Quote Originally Posted by allyjoy View Post
    hey... Rage did you just skip my question? my heart hurts.
    Sorry! They are all answered now though.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    How big is it?
    Hwhat?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    rage, i know you're engaged, but tell us about the one that got away...
    Well, I never actually had that many girlfriends. Only a few. I met Becky when I was 16 after all. But there are two stories I could share. Both of them are very High School.

First, there was a girl I was dating for a month or so, and then got dumped. This was just under a year before I met Becky. We were friends before hand, but I liked her a lot but was too shy to ask. I then heard from a friend that she liked me, so I soon after asked her out. After about a month of seeing each other, she broke up with me. She said she would rather be friends. And we did remain friends for quite a while afterward, but until I met Becky, I really wished we would have stayed together. I guess she is my "one that got away," but I don't really think about it anymore, it was for the better.

Another one, which is more of a funny story, was that in grade 8 there was this girl that I really liked, but she had no interest in me. I actually liked her all the way through up until grade 10. Until one day, I suddenly realized that she was a total bitch. From that point onward, I was repulsed by her. I know I was in grade 8, but I still wonder why I liked her so much for 2 years.

And there is a third... but its less of a "one that got away" and more of just an embarassing story. So I will leave it be.

Awesome. Perfect. Are her earrings wood? I have wood earrings that look just like that but mine don't really stretch the piercing it just has a little wood post that goes through the top.
    Yes, they are wood actually. She loves wood ear rings and has a few different pairs with different designs. Her's aren't stretch either, its the kind you are talking about. She eventually wants to get into the wood ones that stretch the ear, not yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Josh, where the hell did Luca disappear to?

Actual question:

If you could be a dinosaur, what dinosaur would you be and why?
    No idea. He added me in facebook the other day though.

Good fucking question. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be paleontologist. I loved dinosaurs so goddamn much it was rediculous. I actually still do have a weird fascination with dinosaurs. I knew way more about them when I was a kid though. Becky asked me this the other day actually... Im trying to remember what I said. I always thought being Velociraptor would be cool, but it wouldn't suit my personality much. A Brachiosaurus would be much more like me, and it would be tall like me... but I wouldn't want to be a Brachiosaurus. So, I think I would be a Brachioraptor. If this is not a satisfactory answer, let me go watch Jurrasic Pakr and I will get back to you.

Someone, please create a Brachioraptor for me.

That is all for now folks! Keep the questions comming!

dekker got his start in the early 60s, so i would argue he is an original first wave rude boy. plus, king of ska, israelites & get up edina, basically his famous tracks are all first wave. i totally wish i could have seen him before he passed, RIP DEKKER!!!

Not saying this to make you jealous or anything, but I'm taking a class on the natural history of dinosaurs this quarter. A class on dinosaurs that you get credit for. It's pretty sweet.

As a bass player, I want to know about you, a fellow bassist; who are your bass heroes? Or, if that term doesn't really work, what other musicians do you try and work off of when you're in the creative spirit?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    dekker got his start in the early 60s, so i would argue he is an original first wave rude boy. plus, king of ska, israelites & get up edina, basically his famous tracks are all first wave. i totally wish i could have seen him before he passed, RIP DEKKER!!!
    ivy is correct on this
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Josh:

You see a cat up for adoption. The cat is missing an eye and most of its fur. Otherwise, it is a healthy feline. Would the cat's physical appearance make you more or less likely to adopt it?

Oh, and favorite type of pancakes, please.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Mr. Rage,

This is a reminder of a previous question, what are the five best days of your life? (Skip the explanations if they require too much of your time.)

What is your favorite flavor of Otter Pops?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Mr. Rage,

This is a reminder of a previous question, what are the five best days of your life? (Skip the explanations if they require too much of your time.)

What is your favorite flavor of Otter Pops?
    There is only one correct answer to this question. Chose wisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    4. No, but I will be in August though.
    Damn , I will probably be moving to the States in August, but I should still be here for the first half; let me know when you're coming!
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    Damn , I will probably be moving to the States in August, but I should still be here for the first half; let me know when you're coming!
    welcome! i'll buy you your first gun

(but this isn't about stefinitely :P)

Rage Patton,
    If you could play anyone's bass in the history of music, whose would you choose?

Rage Patton,
    If you could play anyone's bass in the history of music, whose would you choose?
    Most likely Cliff Burton's Rickenbacker...

I haver played a Rickenbacker before, and it is an incredible sounding bass. Playing Cliff Burtons would be incredible.

Either that, or...

Sorry I couldn't answer any questions last night, long night of work. Keep em comming though! I will get to the next bunch (and greg's) later tonight.

Excuse me if this has been asked, but I am very curious:

Do you have ANY hesitations about planning on getting married so young? I mean, I know what it feels like and I recognize the impulse, but I guess "why now" is really my question...

I only ask because my boyfriend's best friend is around our age too and is also getting married. We think he's psychotic for doing so. I like to hear the logic around it and I don't mean it in a rude way.

Rage Patton,
    Please give us a song you would like to hear for each of the following situations:

1. You just found out your band is opening for FNM.

2. Your first dance at your wedding reception.

3. Rainy morning with nothing to do all day.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Rage Patton,
    if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year period, where in the timeline of music history would your five years be?

Josh,

If you had to live somewhere in the US, where would it be and WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Excuse me if this has been asked, but I am very curious:

Do you have ANY hesitations about planning on getting married so young? I mean, I know what it feels like and I recognize the impulse, but I guess "why now" is really my question...

I only ask because my boyfriend's best friend is around our age too and is also getting married. We think he's psychotic for doing so. I like to hear the logic around it and I don't mean it in a rude way.
    I am fully confident in my decision to ask Becky to marry me. I am fully aware of how young I am and the risk of getting married young. With that being said, as I said early, we are not planning on getting married until Spring/Summer 2011. Becky will be 23 and I will be 22. It is not like we are two 18 year olds fresh out of high school who think it would be fun to get married. Trust me, it was not just an "impulse." I know it sounds cheesey, but I cannot imagine my life without Becky. She has made my life better and I have become a better person because of it. I like to think I have done the same for her. We get along digustingly well and are perfectly in sync with each other. We had talked about it before I proposed, and even at that point, we both thought it was the right thing for us. We aren't being stupid about it either. We have already started saving for our own place and we are waiting until we are (almost) done school. I will be done by the time we are married and she will have one or two smesters left. We want to be together for the rest of our lives, but we want to be smart about it and not rush anything. This decision was the decision of two people and a lot of calculating went into it. With that being said, it was also a decision of the heart, body and mind as well as intangibles such as feelings. Sometimes, I think we are both "psychotic" for doing it as well. I know it is what we both want and I know it is what is best for us.

I guess I should have made that more than one paragraph, but I can't find a proper place to break it.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, this was not meant to sound hostile and I did not take offence to this question. I just strongly believe in this decision, so I used strong language to convey this. No offence though. Good question.

Rage Patton,
    Please give us a song you would like to hear for each of the following situations:

1. You just found out your band is opening for FNM.

2. Your first dance at your wedding reception.

3. Rainy morning with nothing to do all day.
    Fiyah, your questions are hard, but I like them!

1. Queen - We Are The Champions

2. The Aggrolites - Lets Pack Our Bags (this has already been discussed between the lady and I.)

3. Radiohead - Paranoid Android.

Rage Patton,
    if you could only listen to music from one continuous five-year period, where in the timeline of music history would your five years be?
    This is an extremely hard question. I have narrowed it down to 3 possible answers. First, 1977-1981: I would get bands such as The Clash, The Sex Pistiols, The Ramones, The Cramps, The Specials, Madness and so on and so fourth. Second, 1989-1994: Bands such as Nirvana, Faith No More, Rage Against The Machine, Primus, Nine Inch Nails, etc., etc. And Finally, 2004-2009. The last five years has been packed with so much good music it is rediculous, I can't even list any band names.

Decision: 1989-1994. I sometimes think I was actually supposed to be a teenager in the early 1990's. Instead, I was 2. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    Josh,

If you had to live somewhere in the US, where would it be and WHY?
    Again, I have narrowed it down to 3 answers. LA, New York and San Francisco. LA mainly for the music and the industry. New York, because, well, its New York and San Fran, because I love that city. I have visited it twice and I love it. I love the sights, the atmosphere... everything.

Decision: New York. Considering I have never been there, this seems like an odd choice to make, but the city has such history and such, I don't know, promise (if that is the right word) that I feel if I had to live somewhere, New York would be the city to choose.

Sorry for the delay guys! I got called into work tonight. I need the money though. Couldn't skip it to answer questions on the internet. I am enjoying this though. I really am. So keep em comming! And Greg, I will get to your question tomorrow. I promise! (Unless I get called into work again...) Lets hear some more!
    Last edited by rage patton; 05-22-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Old reliable: What is the worst physical pain you have ever experienced? Story please.

Describe your ideal day.

From the moment you awaken to the very moment you get into your extra long bed.

Details please!!

Also: How many basses do you own and what kind?
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Do you think a good music video makes you like a song more?

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Old reliable: What is the worst physical pain you have ever experienced? Story please.
    When I was in 15 I shattered my arm in 3 places. Not broke, shattered. My elbow, the bone just above my elbow and the bone just below my elbow. I now have 2 plates and 10 pins in my left arm that will be there permanently. A long with 2 scars.

How it happened? I invited some friends over to go skateboarding, so we are leaving my house and skating down the hill. Just my luck, I hit a rock and go flying. I land elbow first. I get up move over to a patch of grass and lay down. My friends ask if I need to go to the hospital, I say no and try to get up. My forearm moved but everything below my elbow didn't. At that point I knew something was wrong. I then went to the hospital and from then until the surgery, I believe it was just over a day after it happened, I was in a lot of pain. Luckily, I was an copious amount of morphine. I then had to stay in the hospital or about 5 days after. Those 5 days were hell. I then went home, and stayed in doors for about 2 weeks or so. After this, I had months of painful physiotherapy to go through. As of today, I still don't have full movement of my left arm and I never will. Its almost full movement, but not quite. Anyways yeah, thats the story. It sucked at the time, but as a result I have two rad scars and a story to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Describe your ideal day.

From the moment you awaken to the very moment you get into your extra long bed.

Details please!!

Also: How many basses do you own and what kind?
    How realistic does this have to be? It is supposed to be incredbly far fetched? Somewhat realistic? Or totally realisic? How I am supposed to answer will effect my answer.

I own zero basses. I am saving up for one right now though. I am most likely going to get a Fender Jaguar bass. Or maybe a precision, but I am leaving towards the Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    Do you think a good music video makes you like a song more?
    I can't think of any occasions where it has. With that being said, I love a good music video. Sometimes when I hear I song, I automatically associate it with the video. For example, I cannot seperate Weezer's Pork & Beans from the music video.
    Last edited by rage patton; 05-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Josh, read any good books recently?

And what is your favorite non-music related hobby?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

It's been a good bit since i've been in this wonderful thread that I have created. Someone refresh me on the new rules or are they still the same?

Josh, where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Have you and Becky discussed children names at all?

Do you read books or movies? What was the last book or movie that had an impact on how you look at life or how you live it?