Page 125 of 454 FirstFirst ... 120121122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    BWOTM??? A better question would be, can we keep Rage BMOTW for 2 weeks so we don't have to put up with RSW and his arrogant stupidity?
    yes yes and yes cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ivankay
    Was it love at first sight?
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Oh, c'mon TommyBoy! You don't believe in love at first sight? Damn, I was certain I saw a tinge of lust in your eyes when we first met in person at Coachella!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

sonofhal...sorry I didn't take the time to pitch you a few Q's...thanks for letting us get to know you...

Rage...what specificlly intrigues you most about mr. patton and give us a detailed explanation...

Sorry I havent been arround to answer questions yet guys! I will start answering... NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Has to be the one were David picks up the hitcher/crackhead. (That's My Dog S4 E5). It completely shocked me. Not everyone shares my view though.
    I completely agree with you on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by anti-square View Post
    You are at a festival where RATM is conflicting with any Patton project besides FNM. Who do you catch?
    That is tough. I would probably choose RATM over any Patton project, except Tomohawk performing Anonymous. They have never performed any songs from that album live, and I love that album. Seeing Mike Patton, Duane Dennison and John Stanier all on stage together would be pretty surreal too. But yeah, any other situation, most like Rage.

Josh, who was the coolest non-Gogol Bordello or Mike Patton related celebrity you've met? What was the best non-Gogol Bordello or Mike Patton related concert you've been to? What would you call the most formative album in your listening career?
    I actually haven't met many celebreties, but I would have to say the coolest Celebrity I have ever met is Andrew W.K. I talked to him for about 20 minutes and he was really cool, incredible nice and very smart... all despite his music and appearance. The second coolest would have to be Nardwuar the Human Serviette. Is he a celebrity in the states? Well, he is in Canada and he is awesome.

Best non-Gogol/Mike Patton concert I have ever attended was The Flaming Lips at Sasquatch 08. I went to their show knowing relatively little about their discography and just expecting a fun show. They completely blew me away. The music sounded fantastic, the crowd was great and Wayne really connected with the audience. I am now a huge Flaming Lips fan after that show. Others that come close include Andrew W.K. in 03, Tool in 06 and Modest Mouse in 05.

Most formative album in my listening career? This is a hard one, after some brief thinking, I would say its a tie between 3 albums: Nirvana Nevermind, Modest Mouse The Lonesome Crowded West and The Mars Volta Frances The Mute. I came across these three albums around the same time, probably 15, and they all changed the way I listened to music. Before this, I listened to bands like Linkin Park, Nickelback and Sum 41. Then suddenly, I stumbled upon Nevermind. It consumed me like no other album before. Then a friend suggested I listen to The Lonesome Crowded West. I had listened to Good News... before, but this album spoke to me. I then soon after discovered Frances The Mute, and soon after De-loused..., and suddenly bands like Linkin Park and Nickelback sounded barbaric to me. I also like to give a good amount of credit to the Tony Hawk series of video games to help form my taste in music.

Also, as a side note, the albums that got me into punk were The Clash London Calling, Rancid ...And Out Come The Wolves and Bad Religion The Process of Belief.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Josh!
    Your band gets signed and want to tour. Monetary restrictions aside, what five cities or venues are you most looking forward to playing? And who is your opening act?
    1. Vancouver - The Commodore Ballroom: I know this is a somewhat uncreative response, but it is a dream of mine to play this venue. If I ever get to play at this venue, I will be happy to achieved at least this far

2. Coachella - Mojave Tent: It is also a dream of mine, but more specifically, I would want to play the Mojave tent. Second band preferably.

3. Colorado - Red Rocks: Another uncreative response, but seriously... who WOULDN'T want to play at Red Rocks?

4. Boston - ?: I dunno... seems like it would be a fun place to play.

5. New York - CBGB's: I know it is closed down, but if it somehow ever reopened...

As for the opening band, I will see will be the opening band. Bands I would love to open up for: Man Man, Monotonix, Gogol Bordello (you all knew it was comming), Modest Mouse, The White Stripes, The Black Keys. I think my band would suit opening up for any of these bands.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Rage is the new BWOTM? Oh well, I can skip this thread for a while now.
    *Yawn* Your shtick is getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Rage.

What do you attribute for having such a positive and easy going vibe? Please don't say drugs.
    I don't do any drugs. I don't really drink either, just on occasion. As for being positive, I just see being negative as a waste of time. Sure, sometimes things get shitty, but what is the point of dwelling on it. I like to look for the bright side, because being negative isn't very productive. As for being easy going, I just don't like to worry about things. Obviously when things are serious, I worry, thats normal. But in general, I just don't worry about things. This probably sounds like a douch-y response... I have never really thought about it that hard. I guess its just who I am

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Josh, what's it like being Canadian? do you ever get tired of it?
    I love being Canadian. I guess its like being an American, but not hated. In general, people from around the world love us and accept us in their countries. We have also had our fair share of bad leaders, but at least we have never had a George W. Bush. I don't think I will ever get tired of being a Canadian actually. Thanks for asking though.
    Last edited by rage patton; 05-18-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Dear Rage,

You have a reputation for being an incredibly nice guy (confirmed in person @ Coachella.) Do you ever blow up and act like a complete asshole? If not, are you ever tempted to?

Bonus Canadian question - Consider musicians from your homeland who've become worldwide sensations: Who has made you wonder what the rest of the world was thinking? In addition, name a few Canadians who ought to be bigger than they are.

yr pal,

Stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Josh,

What is you current career/job?

If you could have ANY job, what would it be?

Josh,

stuporfly's question leads me to a followup. Please rank the following Canadian bands from most to least awesome.

The Guess Who
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    Rush
    The Tragically Hip
    Crash Test Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    B - He's not actually that tall. He only gets his picture taken with midgets.
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Josh, any date and time yet as a result of your Gogol Bordello proposal? And, what do you think it is about you that made Becky say yes?
    Spring 2011. Most likely May. And before the proposal, we had talked about getting married. So when I asked, it wasn't like it was something new and that we had never talked about before. What is it about ME that made her say yes? I dunno. We both just get along so naturally. I'll have to ask her for a more specific answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Speaking of Becky, how'd did you meet? Was it love at first sight?
    Funny story. So. We met at my high school halloween dance in grade 11. (I know, sounds like a movie or something.) She wasn't in my class, but one of her friends was, so she came as a guest. I noticed her as soon as she walked in the door, and she noticed me. Why? Well, because we both had mohawks of course. Yes, we both had mohawks. It should also be noted she was wearing a childrens robin costume, which she ripped up and d.i.y'd in order to fit her... and I was wearing a ghost costume. And by ghost costume, I do mean a sheet with two eyes holes cut out, as well as a slit on the top for my mohawk. Anyways, I kept noticing her looking at me at the dance (I eventually took the sheet off) and she kept noticing me. She eventally walked up to me and invited me to go to a local show. We talked briefly after that, and that was it. I never showed up to the show. I didn't have a ride! It wasn't my fault! And that was that. Anyways, another 6 months go by and it is the end of the year dance. Neither of us have our mohawk, we both have somewhat normal hair, but we still notice each other. Again, she comes up and talks to me (Im shy...) but we actually talk for a while. At the end of her night I get her e-mail address (not phone number, e-mail address) and we start talking regularly. This lasts about 2 weeks, then I invite her the Modest Mouse concert I am going to the next day. It wasn't a date... I had friends going. We both had a ton of fun that day out together, and we "hung out" for the next couple weekends. After a couple weeks, I finally got the balls to ask her me, she says "yes" and the rest is history...

As for love at first sight? I would say no. Well, not exactly. When I first spotted her, I knew there was something special about her. I had no idea it was going to turn into what it has though.

josh my friend .... so, who is "book" smarter , you or Becky, and who is "street" smarter, and give a example ? cr****
    Well, I would say we are both "book" smart. We just have our own areas of expertise. We both get around the same marks in school on average. However, she reads A LOT more than I do. As for "street" smart? Umm... I'll give that one to Becky.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Rage...what specificlly intrigues you most about mr. patton and give us a detailed explanation...
    First time I heard of Mike Patton is when I discovered Faith No More. I believe I was 16. I had heard the name and found The Real Thing on sale at a local record store, so I picked it up. Instantly, I was blown away by the vocals. I mean, the music kicks ass... but the vocals floored me. I started to look into them more, and I discovered Mike Patton wasn't always the vocalist of Faith No More. So I looked into their pre-Mike Patton era... and I didn't like it at all. The music was good... but I couldn't stand the vocals. It was at this point I knew Mike Patton made the band. After this, I started looking more into Mike Patton and the countless projects he has been involved in. I naturally picked up on Mr. Bungle and Peeping Tom pretty quickly, Tomohawk took. Fantomas took some time, but I love them now.
    What specifically intruiges me? Well, like I said, his voice is absolutely incredible. I find it captivating like no other voice I have heard. It is incredibly versatile and can fit any type/style/form/genre/etc of music. Furthermore, he is an incredibly busy guy. I honestly have no idea how he has the time to do all the work he does. He is a work-a-holic and I respect and thank him for all the work he does.
    That about sums it up.

Anyways, thats all the questions for now. Keep em comming though! I will get to all of them as soon as possible!

Mr. Rage,

What are the top-5 days of your life, and why do you consider them to be the single best days of your life?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Rage -

1. Have we ever met? (I have a bad memory, I apologise)

2. Did you do bad things to my Ghostbusters cap when you wore it this year?

3. What is your favourite Bill Murray film?

4. Have you been to England?

5. If you could be anywhere doing anything right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
    "The first time I heard the new single off the Bravery album, I actually cried, and I do not even remember the name of that damn song. It reminded me of this girl I am in love with." - kroqken

Rage did you ever pick up Eyvind Kang's "Virginal Co Ordinates"? If not what the fuck are you waiting for?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

rage patton,
    A movie is being made about your life. What's the title, who plays the role of you and what songs are on the soundtrack?

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Dear Rage,

You have a reputation for being an incredibly nice guy (confirmed in person @ Coachella.) Do you ever blow up and act like a complete asshole? If not, are you ever tempted to?

Bonus Canadian question - Consider musicians from your homeland who've become worldwide sensations: Who has made you wonder what the rest of the world was thinking? In addition, name a few Canadians who ought to be bigger than they are.

yr pal,

Stuporfly
    If you ever drive with me, you will the asshole side of me. I can get pretty bad road rage. I am a good driver, who has his occasional faults, but I will snap in my car on a moments notice. Don't know what it is. When I used to work in retail, I was often very tempted to freak out on customers, but kept my cool.

Nickelback. Or are they just big in Canada? Still, it boggles my mind. Celine Dion... but that is obvious. I must say though, you Americans love her MUCH more than us Canadians. This is just off the top of my head, I am sure I will think of some later. As for acts who should be bigger... I really hope Holy Fuck make it big. Considering their name and the type of music they play, I doubt they will become much bigger than they are, but goddammit they deserve it! Also, its nice to see Japandroids making a name for themselves. I saw them last year open up for A Place To Bury Strangers and they really impress me. I had no idea who they were before the show. Its always nice to see some hometown boys make it big.

Damn... I thought I would have time to answer more questions before headed for work. Sorry folk! More when I get home. But damn... some of these questions are getting hard. I will need time to think.

So what's your favourite Bryan Adams song?

Rage,

Why do you think a band is plural?

Real question: What's the closest you've ever come to dying?

Fucked Up are the Canadian band that I want to succeed the most.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Rage, why do they say "eh" in Canadia?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post

Rage Patton, recommend some things to do in Vancouver on a random Saturday. I'm excited to drive up from Seattle for a weekend this summer. I've never been there. Where do the cool people hang out?

Also I really like your haircut and shave.
    You were right. I was wrong.

Rage is really bad at this.

You're bad at this. Kick rocks.

Not his content. Shut up.

So, Rage, my love... what is your animal spirit guide?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Do you believe in magic? and if so, have you ever revived a dying fairy with your faith?
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

u high?

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    Josh,

What is you current career/job?

If you could have ANY job, what would it be?
    Kill me if my career ends up being either of the two jobs I have right now. First, I work part time at a steel distribution warehouse. It is actually not a bad job, not that hard, great pay, good co-workers... its just not what I want to do for the rest of my life. My second job is a dishwasher at the Old Spaghetti factory (you guys have that down there?). Anyways, its a shitty job with shitty pay and Im just doing it so I can afford to go to Europe this summer.

If I could have any job? Paul Tollet's. Well, I don't want to take away Paul Tollet's job, I just want to have a job just like his...

Josh,

stuporfly's question leads me to a followup. Please rank the following Canadian bands from most to least awesome.

The Guess Who
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    Rush
    The Tragically Hip
    Crash Test Dummies
    Rush
    The Tragically Hip
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    Crash Test Dummies (They're Canadian?!?)
    The Guess Who.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Mr. Rage,

What are the top-5 days of your life, and why do you consider them to be the single best days of your life?
    Jesus Christ. I will have to think on this one. Remind me later if I forget to answer. I will get to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefinitely Maybe View Post
    Rage -

1. Have we ever met? (I have a bad memory, I apologise)

2. Did you do bad things to my Ghostbusters cap when you wore it this year?

3. What is your favourite Bill Murray film?

4. Have you been to England?

5. If you could be anywhere doing anything right now, where would you be and what would you be doing?
    1. Nope. Unfortunately.

2. Yes, but I told Brandon I would not tell.

3. I feel inclined to answer Ghostbusters, but I have a feeling that is only because I was just talking about your hat. Groundhog Day.

4. No, but I will be in August though.

5. Easter Island. Trying climb one of the giant statues.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Rage did you ever pick up Eyvind Kang's "Virginal Co Ordinates"? If not what the fuck are you waiting for?
    I couldn't remember the name. Thanks for that though. Could you PM me a link?

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    rage patton,
    A movie is being made about your life. What's the title, who plays the role of you and what songs are on the soundtrack?
    I've seen you ask this question before, and I was knew it was comming soon. It is still hard to answer. Well, here it goes...

What To Do With Your Life

I narrowed it down to four people: Orlando Bloom, Brad Pitt, Keanu Reeves and Steve Carell. A lot of people tell me I look like Orlando Bloom, but Im not sure if I would want him to play me in a movie. Brad Pitt is one of my favorite actors, and I am sure he could play me just fine... but it would just be weird. I have also been told I look like the Bill and Ted era Keanu Reeves, but I don't think he would do a good job playing me in a movie at all. So, I guess I will choose Steve Carell. He doesn't look like and he is a lot shorter than me, but I think he could capture the awkwardness and the spirit of me quite well. Answer: Steve Carell. (Runner up: Orlando Bloom)

Soundtrack:
    Gorillaz - 19-2000 (Opening credits)
    The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
    The Barenaked Ladies - It's All Been Done
    Rage Against The Machine - Testify
    Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
    Andrew W.K. - She Is Beautiful
    Radiohead - Paranoid Android
    The Mars Volta - Cygnus... Vismund Cygnus
    Faith No More - From Out Of Nowhere
    AC/DC - Thunderstruck
    Bob Marley - One Love
    Modest Mouse - Cowboy Dan
    Gogol Bordello - Not A Crime
    Joe Strummer - Midnight Jam
    The Specials - Too Much, Too Young
    Mr. Bungle - None Of Them Knew They Were Robots
    Joe Strummer - Redemption Song

This is not simply just a list of my favorite songs. Far from it even. These songs are in somewhat of a relative order and they are put in that order for specific reasons. It is a very unfocused soundtrack, yes, but I think these songs suit a soundtrack of my life just perfectly.

What would you call the most formative album in your listening career?
    I have to revisit this for a second. This last question reminded me that I completely forgot about reggae and ska! Two of my favorite genres. Bob Marley's Legend grabbed onto me as soon as I heard this and started to look more into the genre. Reel Big Fish's Turn The Radio Off turned me onto ska, where I discovered a new love, The Special's Too Much, Too Young. Just had to add those in.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    So what's your favourite Bryan Adams song?
    I couldn't name one to be honest. I never really got into Bryan Adams... believe it or not.

Rage,

Why do you think a band is plural?

Real question: What's the closest you've ever come to dying?
    Because they are a collective! They are a group! They are more than one person!

Real answer: Well, I have two: First, I have had 5 concussions in my life. The first two almost killed me, but I don't really remember them or what it felt like. The first one was when I was 3 or 4, and I ran into a glass table and cracked my head open. Another one was a few years later, I don't remember what happened, but I was hospitalized. I got 3 more minor concussions after that. No big deal. Second, on a road trip to California with my family. We were driving over the Grape Vine and a truck nearly ran us off the side of the mountain. I was 12 or 13 and on the side of the car that would have gone over the edge first. For a couple second, I thought it was the end of my life. That was a very weird and scary feeling.

Fucked Up are the Canadian band that I want to succeed the most.
    Whoops. Consider them added too.

Also, I want to add Death From Above 1979 to that list. I want them to get back together and take over the world. I know they have the ability too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Because it's better than saying "huh." Don't try to deny this either.

Keep em comming!

Rage Patton,
    Ska -- 1st wave, 2nd wave or 3rd wave? Choose only one.

hey... Rage did you just skip my question? my heart hurts.
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

How big is it?