Page 432 of 454 FirstFirst ... 427428429430431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,960 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Also if you could MSPaint us an approximation of what you're going to wear. If there's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    If you could act in another film, which director and actor(s) would you like it to be with? What would that film be about and how integral would your character be to the plot?
    I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    If you were going to write a musical work that required the invention of a new musical instrument to play it, a la the wagner tuba, what instrument would it be?
    It would likely be some sort of organ. It would have a bagpipe-esque drone and would be big and rich throughout its broad range.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    List the places on campus that you've left your mark, so to speak.
    No where actually on campus. For my college career I was religious and then depressed.

If you were to be a guest on a talk show, whose talk show would you want to be a guest on and what would you want to discuss?
    I cannot imagine being on a talk show. I don't want to promote myself, I don't have any products to promote. It would therefore have to have a fairly absurdist bent and the only thing I can think of there is the Daily Show. I would like to talk about how Amazon just "improved" their Cloud Player/Cloud Drive and now it is worthless. The conversation would end up being about dogs.

I have a couple more questions to try and answer, I think. I should have time to read and answer on my bus ride to work tomorrow and maybe a little at work.

I also need to figure out who should be up next; please feel free to PM me with requests, etc.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

John, could you please name any and all board members you have sexed with and the specific nature of the sex itself. For example:

[Female Board Member's Name]
    Handy Received: [X]
    Handy Given: [X]
    Oral Received: [X]
    Oral Given: [X]
    Intercourse: [X]
    Anal Received: [X]
    Anal Given: You only receive.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

No more questions?

Also reading the rules on the first page the week was supposed to start with Monday and if the member had not shown up/acknowledged by 5 pm a new person would be picked. But since I didn't see this just now I am going to continue the current method and be done in 2.5 hours and try to have a new person in by then, too.

Volunteers?

John:

Do you play an instrument? If so, what and what is your history with it. If not, why not? Would you like to pick one up, what and why?

This was a thoroughly entertaining read.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I didn't think people typically volunteered for it? Am I just wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    No more questions?

Also reading the rules on the first page the week was supposed to start with Monday and if the member had not shown up/acknowledged by 5 pm a new person would be picked. But since I didn't see this just now I am going to continue the current method and be done in 2.5 hours and try to have a new person in by then, too.

Volunteers?
    It's my impression you need to select someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

^ That's what I thought. Not that I necessarily mind someone volunteering for it. I guess it shouldn't matter either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I know cutterbutter has said he'd like to do this.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

John needs to pick someone, preferably against their will.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

John:

I haven't missed the cut off, have I?

Would you pick me to be on your side in a fight?

Okay, same question, but pretend I don't have a broken ankle.

Let's talk about how you say you want to have kids maybe. I, personally, regard the prospect of parenthood as wholly terrifying: even the rewarding parts. I will assume it's basically the same for most people. What makes that less scary for you? Have you always seen yourself as a father?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    It's my impression you need to select someone.
    I realize that I'm supposed to select someone but I don't know who has done (only the first 2/3rds of the thread is indexed) and I don't know who is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    I didn't think people typically volunteered for it? Am I just wrong?
    Plenty of people have volunteered and then been selected. Plenty of others have volunteered and not been selected. I was saying hey, I don't know who to choose.

I have been busy at work this afternoon and most of y'all don't know what EDT means so I am going to hold onto the reins for a little while. I plan to have announced someone by 5 pm PDT.
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 08-06-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: more

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Do you play an instrument? If so, what and what is your history with it. If not, why not? Would you like to pick one up, what and why?
    I played trombone from 5th grade through 11th grade, and then percussion spring of my junior year and my senior year.

I liked how the trombone sounded and I liked that it was a powerful instrument without being (generally) a lead instrument. This was a poor choice though as with a slide you really have to play by ear. Third position is near the bell but there isn't a notch or anything, you have to know (and adjust as necessary) by ear. I could never hear precisely enough to know if I was a little flat, a little sharp or what without something to compare it to. I didn't practice enough and my lips weren't strong enough so my embouchure wasn't that great so my tone was never that clean. I understood the theory though we never did much directly with that.

In the spring of my junior year my band teacher saw that we were going to have two people on the drumline for the following year which does not work for marching band so he looked for people to switch instruments. We had a strong set of trombonists and I wasn't the best, he knew that I'd follow through and I was big enough to march with a 32" bass drum. I wasn't great but I could watch a drum major and stay on beat, which is the most important part. The drumline was a lot of fun and a lot of it was working together - often figures would run up and down the bass drums so we had to be on the same page - so we were more of a group. I stayed on and played percussion during the concert season, which was also fun. It involved a whole lot of down time, counting measures and figuring out how to play all kinds of weird percussive instruments.

If I had to pick up an instrument now (not all that interested) I would want to plan organ. I love how they sound and I love how readily they play multiple lines at once.

Which board member would you be most inclined to beat the shit out of?

I know you've got a Droid. Have you ever considered getting an iPhone? I'm trying to hold out on upgrading my phone till September but if the iPhone 5 is too expensive or impossible to get, please detail the benefits of a Droid for me.

If you got to curate your own music festival: when & where would you have it occur, what would you call it, and who would be the top 3 acts of each day? (You get to decide whether it's a 2-, 3-, or 4-day fest.)
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkylama View Post
    I haven't missed the cut off, have I?
    No, but I only have time for one question per person.

DAMMIT.

I still have the mix from Big Sky Fest.
    Last edited by thefunkylama; 08-06-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: CURSING IS IMPORTANT TO ME.

Heh.

Would you pick me to be on your side in a fight?

Okay, same question, but pretend I don't have a broken ankle.
    It depends on what I'm picking. If it is a choice between you being on my side and you being against me and nothing else is different then I'd certainly pick you for my side.

If it is like picking teams for kickball in 6th grade or whatever then it would depend on who else was available but I bet you'd be picked pretty high as your scars would be useful for intimating opponents, making everybody think we (or at least you) were tough. Also with the broken ankle I figured you'd come with a wheel chair, crutches or at least a stiff cast/boot of some sort and any of these would be very useful as weapons.

Let's talk about how you say you want to have kids maybe. I, personally, regard the prospect of parenthood as wholly terrifying: even the rewarding parts. I will assume it's basically the same for most people. What makes that less scary for you? Have you always seen yourself as a father?
    I have several nieces and nephews and they are fun. I have a number of friends who have had children. They are cute and then they start thinking and then they start doing stuff on their own and that is all very exciting. Eventually you get someone who is off living their life and being a person and maybe even likes you. Going to church had its own issues but one thing it did was put me in contact with people of all ages, including many newborns (which would then grow up). Speaking of that there is a family friend that is now in grad school at Cornell and I remember when his mother was pregnant with him.

So I think I am saying it seems not that scary for me because I have seen and interacted with babies, infants, young children, etc. I know they grow up, etc.

It is also possible that is less scary for me because it is in the hypothetical future right now.

Yay Big Sky Fest mix!

Do you do the "Al Bundy"? If so, how often?

Which board member would you be most inclined to beat the shit out of?
    I am not a violent person and don't really see what positive would come out of such a beating.

If I had fewer people on ignore I'd probably have some ideas, though.

I know you've got a Droid. Have you ever considered getting an iPhone? I'm trying to hold out on upgrading my phone till September but if the iPhone 5 is too expensive or impossible to get, please detail the benefits of a Droid for me.
    I considered it briefly after the first trip we went after Ash had gotten one. We could look up directions! We could see what restaurants were around! It was amazing, even if it had to be plugged in all the time (comparatively).

But I resisted getting an iPod as long as I could and I'm happy with that as they have never worked well with my PCs.

Some people don't want to think about or fiddle with their phone, some people are well entrenched in Apple products. If that is you then an iPhone may work well for you... (but I might suggest getting a 4 or a 4s first, especially since they will be really available around when the 5 comes out).

Anyway, you have more control over an Android phone. If you are particular about how your screen looks, how your phone and apps function, what apps you use for different tasks, etc then you want to be in an Android environment. You won't have complete control (even if you root) but the options are far greater (to be fair there are also less customizable Android phones but there are several good options).

Some Android phones have replaceable batteries; it's really nice to be able to carry around a spare or seven. I don't even know if an iPhone can play .wma, .ogg or .flac files but I know I can. I can play most any video file, too. I can also read every book format I've come across in addition to .pdf, .doc, .xls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Do you do the "Al Bundy"? If so, how often?
    Why would I wear pants at home? No.

I have some outstanding questions but I have run out of time. I will now yield to the your new master, Warren aka OnlyNonStranger!

What are the differences between hiking in Arizona and hiking around Calgary?

Why did you go to University of North Texas? What did you like about it? What did you dislike?
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 08-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I have some outstanding questions but I have run out of time. I will now yield to the your new master, Warren aka OnlyNonStranger!

What are the differences between hiking in Arizona and hiking around Calgary?

Why did you go to University of North Texas? What did you like about it? What did you dislike?
    The most obvious difference between the hiking is that Arizona is in the desert and Calgary is only an hour away from the Rockies. So most of our hikes consist of forests, glacial fed lakes, and huge mountains. I am really quite fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. I've only hiked in Arizona once. One difference that I did enjoy is that we were able to do some bushwhacking and didn't have to worry about destroying greenery that was struggling to survive. It was very easy in the desert to avoid stepping on plants, for obvious reasons.

Ahhh, good ol' UNT. The short answer to this is I went there because they have an amazing music program. Even though I don't play an instrument I knew I would be able to catch quality music acts all over town, which I did.

The long answer? When I was 19 I did a very foolish thing, as many 19 year olds do. I asked a girl to marry me. There was a catch though. I lived in Calgary and she lived in Dallas. I had known this girl for a long time, originally meeting her on a cruise when we were 15. It was easier then too as I lived in Louisiana so it made more sense then. We "dated" off and on for a while I was in Louisiana and later in College Station, Tx. I finally moved to Canada wanting to get away from everything. When I moved back to Canada I inevitably became more and more unhappy. I got back in touch with the girl and we started talking again. We went ahead and arranged for her to come visit me. During this visit she lost her virginity to me and I proposed to her. The funny thing is that I actually don't remember proposing to her but she sure as hell did. I went along with it as I was unhappy and thought that I loved her. Really, I probably only loved the idea of her. After much deliberation it was decided that I would move down to Texas and we would start our life together.

Upon moving to Texas I realized many things. Most importantly, that she was nuts and that I had to get out of the relationship. While we were together I was attending community college, trying to salvage what I had done to my GPA while in College Station. I applied to two schools UTD and UNT. Got into both and decided to go to UNT for the reason that I wrote above. So long story short, I moved out of the apartment we shared and moved to Denton without telling her. It was a very immature move but being the coward that I was I felt it would be the best. Which for me, it was.

Crazy women: Why do men love them?

Because they're great in bed.

Which characters, tv shows and other forms of media have influenced your sense of humor? Did any of these influences have an immediate effect?

Are we ever going to have a puppy date?

Do you wish to be cremated or buried? Explain.

Do you have any opinions on Canadian politics? What thoughts can you share?
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Which characters, tv shows and other forms of media have influenced your sense of humor? Did any of these influences have an immediate effect?
    I read a lot of Kurt Vonnegut and David Sedaris when I was younger. I wouldn't say either have had an immediate effect though I have wound up with a dry sense of humour. Though I also tend to tease people that I like if I can get a reaction out of them. I can't, however, make fun of people that I do not like. I've been made fun of too much in an ill spirited manner to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Are we ever going to have a puppy date?

Do you wish to be cremated or buried? Explain.

Do you have any opinions on Canadian politics? What thoughts can you share?
    I could probably do the 19th for a play date.

I would much rather to be cremated though I haven't put much thought into the matter. I do know that instead of a funeral I would like to have a celebration of life, preferably with a lot of booze and a good live band.

I pay more attention to Canadian politics that I do to American politics as I can actually vote here, unlike when I lived in the states. I vote Liberal, even though my vote doesn't technically matter. My riding is very Conservative.

Naturally, I hate Harper and think he is driving this country far away from what we used to stand for. We're relying upon one specific industry entirely too much and the subsidies we're giving is ridiculous. The money he has taken away from the sciences is also ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I could probably do the 19th for a play date.
    The 19th should work for me. I'll put it in my calendar and we'll make it happen