Page 416 of 454 FirstFirst ... 411412413414415416417418419420421 ... LastLast
Results 12,451 to 12,480 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Mitch,

When are you gonna shut the fuck up and turn the reins over to the next assclown of the week?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Hey Mitch.

Before you get out of here, please answer my go to question: What's the worst physical pain you have ever experienced? Please tell the tale.
    I really had to think about this one. I guess that means I have been fortunate to have not had too many serious injuries in my life. The absolute worst that I can distinctly remember happened when I was playing football in sixth grade. We were doing a practice drill where the coach would toss you the ball, and one of the other guys on the team would run at you from like ten yards away and tackle you. You weren't supposed to elude the tackler, but rather work up a head of steam and brace for the direct hit. This of course was a stupid drill for several reasons including the inherent danger involved, the lack of useful football skills being taught, and the fact that I wasn't even a running back. When it was my turn, I of course drew the team's most ferocious hitter, a linebacker who would eventually end up playing college and semi-pro football later in life, and who at that age was already a physical specimen. He stuck me right in the numbers, drove me to the ground, and I suffered what I can only imagine was a serious concussion from the resulting impact. It all hurt like hell, it was something like 90 degrees outside, and I walked around the rest of practice in a total near-blackout haze. Where things really got bad was when I got home. I went into the bathroom, took of my practice uniform and pads, and proceeded to vomit like I never have before or since. I spent the rest of the night woozy and achy.

The worst recent pain I experienced was the result of medical care for an uncontrollable nosebleed I experienced this past winter due to dryness. The docs not once, but twice, had to cauterize a wound deep inside of my nasal passage using silver nitrate. The experience was something close to having a bee sting the inside of my face and injecting the wound with buffalo wing sauce venom.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    This question is for Mitch and whoever the new person may be:

On a scale from minute to absolute raging, how bitchy do you find Courtney to be?
    Courtney is like a negative number on the bitch scale.

HandBanana is up next kids.

HB, you are hypothetically in charge of Disneyland: what are the first three changes, if any, that you make to the park?

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    HandBanana is up next kids.

HB, you are hypothetically in charge of Disneyland: what are the first three changes, if any, that you make to the park?
    Thanks

1. Extended summer or weekend hours. We go to the park on New Years and the park is open until 2am. This is terrific and a great opportunity to hit a ton of Fantasyland rides with minimum waits, but the temperature drops into the low 50s and it feels like the low 30s, so even with coats, gloves, and cocoa its hard to hang til the end. Plus some of the rides really do feel like different rides in the dark. The Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain definitely take on whole new facets at night.

2. While the quality of food is generally high throughout the park, the chimichangas in Frontierland feel like carry-overs from the park's crappier days in the 70s. In fact I wouldn't be terribly surprised to find out that they are the same chimichangas. Revamp em or dump em entirely, because its hard to turn down even an awful chimichanga.

3. Random Wild Card Fastpasses that work on any ride, even those which aren't Fastpassable. Good any time that day on any ride. And that includes Peter Pan's Flight.

(Tied for 3rd) A real-live water park on the resort grounds. Themed too. The Pirates thing seems to be waning, but Im sure they could theme it with multiple IPs.

Honorable mention: more retro reprints and reworks of items like that PanAm-style bag I picked up there 2 weeks ago...

"All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

HB, does your girlfriend ever get annoyed by your seemingly constant presence online via facebook status updates? Are you courteous enough to put your mobile-status-updating-device down during sexy time, or are you a master of having each hand do a different sort of fingering activity?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

HandBanana, I believe you either do something graphic design related for work, or it's possibly just a hobby that you are very, very talented at. Can you please tell us a bit about your graphic design training, how you use your skills currently, and your top three graphic design pet peeves?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

In your opinion, what is the best use of the "dickbutt" meme?

Please describe your earliest memory of a corgi.

What is the absolute worst song that you love?
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

HB, does your girlfriend ever get annoyed by your seemingly constant presence online via facebook status updates? Are you courteous enough to put your mobile-status-updating-device down during sexy time, or are you a master of having each hand do a different sort of fingering activity?
    I haven't had intercourse (I think you kids call it "swag" now) since 1978, but I do remember at the time we had a very strict "No CB in the bedroom/budoir" rule.
    It was a hard one to keep to at first, but you have to find a way to keep your real and virtual lives separate.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

What is your favorite childhood memory? What is your worst childhood memory?
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Thurston Moore, Sebadoh - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

You used to be a rave promoter.

What was and or is your favorite brand of wide legged raving jeans? Will cat in the hat style hats ever make a resurgence in the plur scene?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I haven't had intercourse (I think you kids call it "swag" now) since 1978, but I do remember at the time we had a very strict "No CB in the bedroom/budoir" rule.
    It was a hard one to keep to at first, but you have to find a way to keep your real and virtual lives separate.
    I love the idea of using a CB radio as having a "virtual life." There should be a period piece Lifetime movie about this.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Hey HB. What are the 10 best Disneyland / California Adventure rides in order? What are the 5 worst? i will allow Yesterland rides.

What's the guaranteed way to get some action at the drive in?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    We were doing a practice drill where the coach would toss you the ball, and one of the other guys on the team would run at you from like ten yards away and tackle you. You weren't supposed to elude the tackler, but rather work up a head of steam and brace for the direct hit. This of course was a stupid drill for several reasons including the inherent danger involved, the lack of useful football skills being taught, and the fact that I wasn't even a running back. When it was my turn, I of course drew the team's most ferocious hitter, a linebacker who would eventually end up playing college and semi-pro football later in life, and who at that age was already a physical specimen. He stuck me right in the numbers, drove me to the ground, and I suffered what I can only imagine was a serious concussion from the resulting impact. It all hurt like hell, it was something like 90 degrees outside, and I walked around the rest of practice in a total near-blackout haze. Where things really got bad was when I got home. I went into the bathroom, took of my practice uniform and pads, and proceeded to vomit like I never have before or since. I spent the rest of the night woozy and achy.
    So I know it has moved on to handbanna but miroir noir I am a high school football coach and saying that drill is stupid is in my opinion incorrect. Overall football is a dangerous sport, but that drill is not for skill it is for toughness it is done to see who wants to hit and be physical. However I do feel for ya that you had to go up against someone who was much bigger than you, I make the distinct effort to match up sizes for this drill. Also going throuigh multiple concussions in middle school i know what you went through, but saying the drill is stupid is way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    HandBanana, I believe you either do something graphic design related for work, or it's possibly just a hobby that you are very, very talented at. Can you please tell us a bit about your graphic design training, how you use your skills currently, and your top three graphic design pet peeves?
    Improbably enough, Ive actually managed to turn an accident into a career. In my 20s I was a very low level rave promoter in the midwest where I grew up. Eventually the parties became large enough for us to be able to advertise in a local alt.newsweekly. Unfortunately a busted party led to us owing that newsweekly around $500 for ads run.
    At the time $500 might as well have been $10,000. I was 23 and had nothing. Had moved back in with my dad, was working at a Papa Johns. It wasn't a terribly bright time.
    So I asked to work off the $500 and they gave me a job in the classified ads department. For 6 hours every 2 weeks I would move little text boxes around in Quark Express. I had never really used a computer to design before that.
    But I was somewhat lucky. They gave me a key to the office and the bus back to my suburb came once in the morning and once in the evening. So I locked myself in and played around in Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator, etc until I more or less knew (kinda) what I was doing. The other guys in the design department didn't really treat the job as anything worth doing well. They were just clock watching. So I set out to basically make myself a job. They couldn't afford to hire me at first so the idea was that I would design ads and I would try to do it so well that we'd sell more ads and eventually I would get hired.
    It more or less worked out. They took me on part time (I still worked at Papa Johns this whole time) which lead to full time, altho I was still making maybe $17k a year.
    Eventually they tried me out on cover design, and then I eventually learned to do story layouts because I didn't like that they story layouts weren't matching my cover art. That next spring they decided that they wanted to redesign the entire book for their 5th anniversary, so I crash-coursed my way through a very ambitious redesign. After 2 years of pretty much nonstop grinding with no breaks, I took a short vacation that summer after the redesign hit the stands and thats when I got the call from the alt-newsweekly in California that offered me the job that brought me out here. In a little less than 24 months I had accidentally fallen into a career in graphic design and Ive been learning ever since.

Sorry if that was long-winded and boring. Lol.

So then, three graphic design pet peeves.

1. The biggest one is Infliction of Personal Style. And when you first start out this is a near-impossible pitfall to avoid, but its something I really see a lot of in the gig poster world too. If the bands don't all sound the same then your work for them shouldn't all look the same. Unfortunately having a stock style is the way you become well-known, but I'd rather be warm for a long time than hot for a short time.

2. Its such a cliche now to mention it, but the somewhat modern scourge of "subjectivity" and people that misuse that term. Ive been a designer for 15 years. Held a half dozen art directorships and have worked every kind of project you can think of. Our opinions aren't equivalent just because you (not you. a general "you") have an opinion about something. This forces designers and ADs to have to be more manipulative than most of us would prefer when dealing with clients. But thats the world now and it is what it is.

3. Schools are still teaching for a print-dominated world and its sadly just not one any more. In leaving my last job for my new one I saw a ton of young candidates that don't even know how to do simple CSS-slinging. $55k for an education and its a portfolio full of business card designs.

Hope that was on the mark of what you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    In your opinion, what is the best use of the "dickbutt" meme?

Please describe your earliest memory of a corgi.

What is the absolute worst song that you love?
    Dickbutt succeeds I think do to a kind of semi-rarity. It never became a massive meme, possibly due to it being inherently smutty so when you deploy it infrequently it still has some potency. What I love about it is how its a perfect balance of filthy and childlike. Theres an innocence to DickButt, believe it or not. So it gains by surprise.

Honestly I discovered corgis on the internet like 3 years ago in this video...

The worst song that I love and have no rational explanation for? Easy...

Its just such an idiotic sugar high.

This question is for Mitch and whoever the new person may be:

On a scale from minute to absolute raging, how bitchy do you find Courtney to be?
    This is actually a great nomination for the Board Awards. "Person who most seems super nice but then it turns out otherwise."
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Hey HB. What are the 10 best Disneyland / California Adventure rides in order? What are the 5 worst? i will allow Yesterland rides.

1. Indiana Jones
    2. Space Mountain but its a hair away from number 1
    3. Big Thunder Mountain
    4. Splash Mountain
    5. Matterhorn
    6. Peter Pan's Flight
    7. Star Tours (would be higher if I hadn't ended up on fucking Naboo like the last 8 god damn times)
    8. Small World (no better way to end a night. Its this, then park closes, then Trader Sam's. PERIOD)
    9. Haunted Mansion in Nightmare Before Xmas mode
    10. Toy Story Midway Mania

Women can't resist the spicy musk of Hai Karate, son.

You used to be a rave promoter.

What was and or is your favorite brand of wide legged raving jeans?
    JNCO were shitty jeans made for proto-juggalos and Oklahoma City goths.
    GAT (Gypsies and Thieves) were the real jam and they were super easy to skate in.

Will cat in the hat style hats ever make a resurgence in the plur scene?
    Like a faerie landing on your eyelash, it was but a fleeting moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    What is your favorite childhood memory?
    Easy. Star Wars. Original run at a drive-in, no less. We went to Taco Bell afterwards and that was back when they still sold food there. I was like 3 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    What is your worst childhood memory?
    Paranoia Winter 85! During one really cold winter, our neighborhood had two kidnap/mutilation/killings of kids that were not only the same age as me but one even looked like just like me. The world changed overnight. We used to walk to school and play outside whenever we felt like it and now everything was ultra-supervised (for good reason obvs) and the paranoid vibe was thick. Plus it was right in the thick of us all expecting nuclear war at any moment AND we lived right next to Strategic Air Command. Was a paranoia wonderland. So to be a little kid in the middle of that really did a number on you. You'd wake up from vivid nightmares at least 3 times a week. All my friends did. Was horrible. Then one sunday that January, TBS ran the British nuclear holocaust flick Threads (which you should never ever ever ever watch) and it all managed to get 10x bleaker. The early 80s cold war period was a crazy time to grow up anyway, but that 2 months in 84/85 was a perfect cocktail of fucked up pressure. And I was like 9 or 10.

HandBanana,

Do you think Courtney will classify your week as 'boring'?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

HandBanana,

Do you think Courtney will classify your week as 'boring'?
    My week is boring.

Well shit, if this is the way it will play out, it will be.

You're online 24/7. Answer the fucking questions.

Didn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    Oh sorry missed one.

As a further extension of a modern Clark Griswold.
    But way way drunker.

Ha

Do you want to have children? If not, why? If so, do you have names picked out?

Handbanana, thanks for answering my question. I enjoyed reading about your work. I have a follow-up: can you share a specific example of the manipulation you were talking about, why you did it, and why it made you feel uncomfortable? I wasn't quite sure what you meant by that.

Also, Handbanana, can you tell us how you and your hot girlfriend met and how you snagged her?

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Best piece of advice you've received, or read, and why it impacted or still does?

Something your family members, love ones, and even friends don't know about you?

If you had to save one song for future generations what would it be, and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Handbanana, thanks for answering my question. I enjoyed reading about your work. I have a follow-up: can you share a specific example of the manipulation you were talking about, why you did it, and why it made you feel uncomfortable? I wasn't quite sure what you meant by that.

Also, Handbanana, can you tell us how you and your hot girlfriend met and how you snagged her?
    Regarding the work thing, it's just subtle manipulations that make me feel like a used car salesman sometimes. Planting decoy elements that you know the client will hate just to give them something to criticize, having to use sales tactics like "fear of loss" to get them to accept certian features, etc.

Regarding my sweetie, I live every day in conscious astonishment of that one. We met on Facebook and became very good friends. Just clicked on every conceivable level. One night we were supposed to go out clubbing and she asked if I wanted to hang out and watch a movie instead. I kind her attractive but I'm an adult and as far as I was concerned we were just friends and that was fine. I also can't take a hint to save my life. So I get there and she says we should watch it in the bedroom. Again Im just like "sure that's cool. Friends do that." Then she says we should sit on the bed which again "no big deal. Friends do that.". Then she suggests we get under the covers. And cuddle. Again, I'm a bonehead so...nothing is clicking upstairs. Next thing ya know, we're making out and that is that.

As far as what she sees in me, I could not tell ya. She was in a really bad car accident the year before so maybe this is one of those Gilligans Island "bump on the head" things. One day shell get hit with a foul ball at a Giants game and snap back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    ...Best piece of advice you've received, or read, and why it impacted or still does?

Something your family members, love ones, and even friends don't know about you?

If you had to save one song for future generations what would it be, and why?

I'll come back to the first two when I'm at a computer.
    As for the third, the only song anyone needs is GQ's "Disco Nights (Rock Freak)"