Page 415 of 454 FirstFirst ... 410411412413414415416417418419420 ... LastLast
Results 12,421 to 12,450 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Okay, let me try to rephrase Tom's joke in a way you might understand. Let's pretend you're Cal Ripken and Mitch had just said that you're the best Mexican he's ever seen.

Tom: "Tommy? He's barely a good Puerto Rican."

Now do you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    I took the liberty of developing this myself.
    Attachment 7691

You're welcome
    I wanted Mitch to do it because I figured he would have come up with something funnier than a whale.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

That wasn't a minnow?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Okay, let me try to rephrase Tom's joke in a way you might understand. Let's pretend you're Cal Ripken and Mitch had just said that you're the best Mexican he's ever seen.

Tom: "Tommy? He's barely a good Puerto Rican."

Now do you get it?
    Where the fuck is the punchline? Is the joke supposed to be diminishing a catcher's skills? For it to be a joke, there would have to be an understanding that it's easier to be a catcher than a shortstop. There is no such understanding in baseball. It makes no fucking sense.

That's not even how Tom phrased it, you dipshit. You're phrasing it like that because that's what you think he meant. If he wrote it like that, I would have picked up on his intent. Even if still wouldn't have made any fucking sense. It's far more reasonable to think that he just had catchers on his mind because he was about to talk about Johnny Bench's place on Mitch's list.

Tom, will you please clear this up?

Mitch, have you ever received a blowjob from what you later discovered was or suspected to be a man?

Which country is most disproportionately proud compared to its accomplishments? (i.e. Puerto Ricans)
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

If money wasn't an issue, what would be your ideal vacation and the duration?

How disappointed were you when you barely missed the 2012 Coachella lineup thread prediction?

Favorite underrated album of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Where the fuck is the punchline? Is the joke supposed to be diminishing a catcher's skills? For it to be a joke, there would have to be an understanding that it's easier to be a catcher than a shortstop. There is no such understanding in baseball. It makes no fucking sense.

That's not even how Tom phrased it, you dipshit. You're phrasing it like that because that's what you think he meant. If he wrote it like that, I would have picked up on his intent. Even if still wouldn't have made any fucking sense. It's far more reasonable to think that he just had catchers on his mind because he was about to talk about Johnny Bench's place on Mitch's list.

Tom, will you please clear this up?
    I bet you all the money in New Mexico--i.e. approximately 32000 dollars--that I am absolutely right. And it's pretty universally acknowledged that the most difficult position to play as a fielder is shortstop.

Would you rather have general knowledge in many areas or be an expert in one?

Do you feel like pop music is a waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    I bet you all the money in New Mexico--i.e. approximately 32000 dollars--that I am absolutely right. And it's pretty universally acknowledged that the most difficult position to play as a fielder is shortstop.
    Catchers, like shortstops, are often on the team because they can play the position, not because they are worthwhile hitters. And catchers don't last because it is such a strain on their knees, etc. It is by no means universally acknowledged that shortstop is the most difficult.

I mean, really, Tom's mention of Ozzie Smith is not entirely laughable even though he was barely above replacement as a hitter because he was the greatest fielder ever.

Mitch, have you been to Abravanel Hall? If so how often do you go and is there anything you're looking forward to? How is it that y'all get to see Florencia? Why is the USO season programmed so oddly?

Your new job is adding professional sports teams to Salt Lake City. Y'all have the Jazz and Real Salt Lake so the NBA and MLS are done. In what order do you go after NFL, NHL and MLB? What others would you go for? How long do you think it would take to collect them all?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I wrote catcher because I was thinking about the choice of Johnny Bench and then I realized i also objected to Ripken so i added that at the beginning but wrote catcher because I had catcher on the mind, but I meant shortstop. Randy has just doubled the net worth of the state of New Mexico.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Mitch, how do you think Randy feels about being inferior to a Mexican at something that doesn't involve manual labor?

Mitch,

Is farting manual labor?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Which 3 people living or dead would you invite to your perfect dinner party? All friends and family that you would normally invite are already on the list. What would you ask each of your newly invited guests?
    For the record, the first person I would invite to any mythical dinner would be my paternal grandfather -- "Papa" -- who passed from lung cancer when I was three and a half, and of whom I have precious few memories. I'm told he would have had a particular affection for my sense of humor. In fact, if I could have any "Field of Dreams"-type moment, it would be going to a game with my Papa, my Uncle, and my Dad. There is literally no amount of money that I wouldn't pay to go to one afternoon ballgame with those three.

But to answer Gunz's question: I would invite Camus, Hemingway, and Faulker for a far-reaching discussion about existentialism, writing, women, and liquor. I don't have many specific questions in mind; I would just want to be there as the conversation developed.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Best piece of advice you've received, or read, and why it impacted or still does?

Something your family members, friends, and even OG Bob doesn't know about you?

If you had to save one song for future generations what would it be, and why?
    Wow, these are great questions. The best piece of advice that I ever received was from my father. He told me over and over, from a very early age, to take pride and ownership in my work, irrespective of how great or small the particular task or occupation may be. I've found that when I have lived to that ideal, I have had success in school or my career. It has also helped me feel less alienated from the day-to-day grind of life and work.

I don't think I've mentioned this to anyone, but I would really like to have the sensation of free falling: bungee jumping, skydiving, something along those lines. I've always wanted to do it, but I have been too afraid to try, and wouldn't know who to talk to in order to make it happen. If you're asking for something more internalized, it's probably that I am far more emotionally vulnerable than I let on. I know that sounds overly abstract, but it's hard for me to think of specific definitive secrets that I have, and not just for the sake of avoiding candor.

I'd pick "God Only Knows," as documentation of the pop song's perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Mitch, have you ever received a blowjob from what you later discovered was or suspected to be a man?

Which country is most disproportionately proud compared to its accomplishments? (i.e. Puerto Ricans)
    No, but is it weird that I kinda feel uninteresting as a person because my answer is "no"?

The Vatican. If we're not counting them, probably France, who, let's face it, has been coasting on nostalgia for a while now. As much as this analogy pains me, France is to contemporary countries what Notre Dame is to contemporary college football.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    If money wasn't an issue, what would be your ideal vacation and the duration?

How disappointed were you when you barely missed the 2012 Coachella lineup thread prediction?

Favorite underrated album of the year?
    Probably three weeks: France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, and Greece.

Extremely disappointed. I really want to win that next year. Already working on it!

Chairlift.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    Would you rather have general knowledge in many areas or be an expert in one?

Do you feel like pop music is a waste of time?
    General knowledge in many areas. I'm not someone like Robert Caro where I could go and spend fifty years of my life studying and writing about the political career of LBJ, no matter how great I could become just focusing on a singular topic. I need to sink my teeth into new things, and to have a broad base of interest.

No, I adore "low" culture, including pop and rock music. Say what you will of Leaves of Grass, or Huckleberry Finn, or Gershwin, or Pollock -- movies and pop music are America's great contribution to the world's culture.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Mitch, have you been to Abravanel Hall? If so how often do you go and is there anything you're looking forward to? How is it that y'all get to see Florencia? Why is the USO season programmed so oddly?

Your new job is adding professional sports teams to Salt Lake City. Y'all have the Jazz and Real Salt Lake so the NBA and MLS are done. In what order do you go after NFL, NHL and MLB? What others would you go for? How long do you think it would take to collect them all?
    I've twice been to the Utah Symphony at Abravanel. A truly splendid concert hall, and an experience I really ought to repeat. I regret having not yet taken Originalbob to the Symphony. I know that the USO does a number of summer outdoor concerts, but I'm not aware of how their schedule compares with other regional orchestras, and I couldn't explain the reasons for any differences.

Truth be told, I don't make it to the Symphony often because I am something of a philistine. I've never developed an ear for orchestral music or the opera, and my breadth of knowledge with the "high" arts is largely confined to the cinema and drama, art, and literature produced after the 1850s. Honestly, I haven't even done sufficient cultural homework on jazz, blues, classic Americana, and all of the other antecedents of rock and roll.

I doubt there's interest for the NHL. We would need a real population boom to get the NFL or MLB. I don't think MLB is going to expand again, ever. Outside of the coasts, baseball is something of a dying sport culturally. I've lived here for a number of years, and like a lot of red state America, we're just not a baseball town. The Angels AAA affiliate never sells out. The NFL would be intriguing because, well, what city doesn't want the NFL? It is the national sport, and SLC is a market that could legitimately sustain interest in a new team because we really don't have an established loyalty elsewhere: the Broncos are the closest thing to a "local" team, and they even advertise here, but I don't sense we're really a Broncos market. There are a lot of Niners fans from regional allegiance to Steve Young. After that, you get a smattering of Seattle fans or Arizona fans, and a lot of Cowboys fans, simply because they're everywhere. Locals care more about the Utes and the Cougars than any NFL team, but that could easily change if there were a local team. But let's face reality: LA doesn't even have an NFL team, and we're waaaaaay down the list after that. So if the NFL ever came here, we're talking 20 years easily, depending on the Wasatch front developing into a population corridor that rivals Phoenix or Denver. Who knows, maybe: we have the highest birth rate in the country.

SLC really is the classic old-school, small market, family-owned NBA town. We have some growing up to do before we move up to the next level.

Mitch, how do you think Randy feels about being inferior to a Mexican at something that doesn't involve manual labor?
    I suspect that he is thumbing through old Baseball Prospectus almanacs as we speak -- even though he doesn't even like baseball -- in order to find a way of continuing the argument and resolving it in his favor.
    Last edited by Miroir Noir; 07-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Boxers, Briefs, or Commando?

So you mentioned that because of your upbringing you waited until you were 22 to lose your virginity. What is the specific story on how that happened? For your first time was it everything you hoped it was going to be? How awkward was it the next morning?

Also you've had a very entertaining week, good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

my name is the walrus i dont really get on here except around coachella time..
    i think daft is gonna play

i also think the board members on here are mainly douce bags...

i am typing like a 3rd grader to pis off the grammer natseez

bich
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Boxers, Briefs, or Commando?
    Get with the severed dicks.

Briefs, Boxers or Boxer Briefs....

Commando lawyer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Bikini briefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

OK then, I will admit I had more then a few last night and did very light scanning of the questions and I guess I missed it, I take back that question.
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Mitch, thanks for making this thread interesting this week. Solid go.
    Last edited by Courtney; 07-08-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Do you have any idea how bitchy that sounds?
    Last edited by captncrzy; 07-08-2012 at 02:52 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Do you have any idea how bitchy that sounds?
    Is this directed to Courtney's last post? It should be.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

I was also recently a person featured in this thread. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just feel like Mirror Noir brought more new and unexpected discussion to the table, and I appreciated that.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Catchers, like shortstops, are often on the team because they can play the position, not because they are worthwhile hitters. And catchers don't last because it is such a strain on their knees, etc. It is by no means universally acknowledged that shortstop is the most difficult.

I mean, really, Tom's mention of Ozzie Smith is not entirely laughable even though he was barely above replacement as a hitter because he was the greatest fielder ever.

Bullshit it is not. I know dick about baseball, but if you're trying to tell me that the position of shortstop doesn't perform more activity and require more agility than any other position during a round of fielding, you're just being an asshole. I'll look up the statistics if you insist, I just happen to know it to be true. Excusing the catcher on the grounds that their position is vital is stupid--a pitcher is even more important than a shortstop, but we're talking about fielding. Catchers have to do relatively little fielding except in the event of bunts and plays at the plate, do they not?

I wrote catcher because I was thinking about the choice of Johnny Bench and then I realized i also objected to Ripken so i added that at the beginning but wrote catcher because I had catcher on the mind, but I meant shortstop. Randy has just doubled the net worth of the state of New Mexico.
    You fucking suck. I tried to make you look clever and instead you just fucking sucked.

Interest in professional sports is possibly the lone more substantial indicator of one's low economic status than whether their labor is manual. There's a reason your people are taking baseball from the blacks. Whoever's dumbest plays baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Is this directed to Courtney's last post? It should be.
    Now I'm up to speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I was also recently a person featured in this thread. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I just feel like Mirror Noir brought more new and unexpected discussion to the table, and I appreciated that.
    God, you're an attention whore.

Mitch,

Is farting manual labor?
    It certainly was for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    So you mentioned that because of your upbringing you waited until you were 22 to lose your virginity. What is the specific story on how that happened? For your first time was it everything you hoped it was going to be? How awkward was it the next morning?
    I should clarify: part of the explanation for my long period of virginity was my religious upbringing and associated moral guilt and baggage. But a good deal of it also has to deal with the fact that I was totally and completely awkward in dealing with the opposite sex during my formative years. It is very possible that I could have been a late bloomer irrespective of my upbringing.

She was 19 at the time, but was very experienced. We worked at the same temp job over the summer, had went out a few times, and she essentially propositioned me (I think she understood that I hadn't done this before, she certainly made the whole potentially awkward process as easy as possible on me) and I accepted. I'll save the more prurient details for myself, but I will note that in retrospect, nothing particularly noteworthy or amusing happened, aside from me losing my virginity. I enjoyed it, felt no guilt the next morning, and was resolved that thenceforth, my sexual preference would be "often."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Mitch,

When are you gonna shut the fuck up and turn the reins over to the next assclown of the week?

Hey Mitch.

Before you get out of here, please answer my go to question: What's the worst physical pain you have ever experienced? Please tell the tale.

God, you're an attention whore.
    Jesus. I'm just saying that if I'm being bitchy, I'm being bitchy about how MY week was inferior, if anything.

But enough of this. Who is the new person?

We go through this every week. New person starts at 5pm. Right?

This question is for Mitch and whoever the new person may be:

On a scale from minute to absolute raging, how bitchy do you find Courtney to be?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival