Page 399 of 454 FirstFirst ... 394395396397398399400401402403404 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,970 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

What quality or trait do you share with your mom?

What do you share with your dad?

You said you weren't picked before to do this because you are boring. You aren't boring. Stop thinking that.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    What quality or trait do you share with your mom?

What do you share with your dad?
    Well, we're both kind of lanky. We're both pleasers who like helping and taking care of people. It validates us and makes us feel needed. I'll help a random stranger if I can. If we're friends, I'll help you dispose of that random stranger you may have "accidentally" killed.

My dad and I are both generous, but spiteful. Rarely do we forgive, and we never forget. We're happy to help and share, but you're in for some shit if you cross us and/or don't appreciate our generosity. And we both have explosive tempers. You've all been warned.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    You said you weren't picked before to do this because you are boring. You aren't boring. Stop thinking that.
    Greg's not real life boring. I think what he meant is that he's not usually involved in the type of board activity (infighting, navel gazing) that would normally lead someone to getting invited to this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    What is your favorite Star Wars memory?
    Forgot about this one. When I was around 10 or 11 I had a vicious fever that kept me in bed for two or three days. The first night of the fever coincided with one of USA network's Star Wars weekends, where they played all three movies on repeat for 72 hours. Awesome. That first night, I had watched all of New Hope and Empire, but started feeling really hot and shitty. Not long after going to bed I started enjoying fever-induced hallucinations. I say "enjoying" because in these half-sleep hallucinations I was a young Jedi running around the Cloud City with Obi Wan, doing awesome Jedi shit. I never wanted it to stop. The next two days of fever were awful and filled with vomiting. But that first night was fucking tiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    My favorite class to teach is Ancient History. Students react very positively and I love Islamic history, so I would focus on that in my sections.
    Which country would you say has the lamest history and why, excluding America?

What was your most memorable experience with a drug if you had to choose one, excluding your previous story [which was excellent btw]?

Where would you like to have your next memorable experience?

Modern countries? Mexico. Pre-history to Spanish = interesting and awesome. Spanish congest to today = booooring. No thanks. I don't think even Mexican nationals give a shit about Mexican history.

One of my most memorable drug experiences was the first time I took the high-grade DXM my friend and I had purchased from the internet in 1998. I forget how much I took but it was enough to totally disassociate from my physical and emotional being. I spent the whole night outside of my body, seeing myself walk around and talk to people. At one point I donned an American flag topat and co-founded the George Washington International Breakdancing Team. Yes, there was much breakdancing. That's about all I remember. Good times.

Single most memorable drug moment is the time I took mescaline while researching the Gram Parsons memorial at Cap Rock in Joshua Tree. After conducting interviews (read: smoking weed with pilgrims to the site) I decided to head home just before sunset. Driving out of the park with my windows down, I was smoking a joint and listening to "Cry One More Time" and there came a moment of sublime bliss. No cars ahead of me or behind me, just mescaline, the wind, music, setting sun, and thousands and thousands of Joshua Trees as far as I could see. One of my happiest moments ever, not just drug-happy.

I'd like to have my next memorable drug experience happen wherever it happens. Make sense? Great experiences cannot be planned or wished for, they simply happen. I think it's stupid when people are like, "Let's to the woods and drop acid" or, "let's go to*blank* and do *blank*." Fucking stupid; just take drugs and have fun. The best trips are never planned.
    Last edited by greghead; 06-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.

GH, if could kill any three celebrities who would they be and why?

What was the best luck you've ever had? Worst?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Greghead, what is the thing that you are second most ashamed of related to yourself and choices you have made?

Greghead, what is the thing that you are second most proud of related to yourself and choices you have made?

Have you ever owned one of these shirts:

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    GH, if could kill any three celebrities who would they be and why?

What was the best luck you've ever had? Worst?

I don't know. Can we just do the Jersey Shore cast and call it a day?

Best luck in the conventional sense was when I threw double-six my first time playing craps. We arrived in Laughlin around 6:15 after driving all night from Phoenix specifically to play craps. At Harrah's we meet Lowell. Lowell is in his early-70s and he's rolling the craps table at 7 AM. Lowell and the dealers are ironing out the details of the game for me while I start hitting big rolls. Lowell puts $25 on 12, fucking 20-to-1 odds. *roll* double fucking six. I made that old fucker a lot of money, felt cool. Later that night we cleaned $300 out of a $1 craps table in 45 minutes. Laughlin is the place for craps.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Greghead, what is the thing that you are second most ashamed of related to yourself and choices you have made?

Greghead, what is the thing that you are second most proud of related to yourself and choices you have made?
    Probably my DUI. That wa pretty stupid and avoidable.

Hmmm. Honestly, I felt pretty proud the first time I could legitimately take my parents out and not have it be an awkward financial burden. I felt like a small measure of adulthood had been accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Have you ever owned one of these shirts:

Ha, no, I know kids who did. I never owned that super-common Mickey Mouse shirt either. I did have a couple Rollin" Hard t-shirts in the mid-90s. The gangster thing was in, and who doesn't like pit bulls?

Ok, Greghead. My question to you will be the one I ask of everyone.

Please describe for your fans your most perfect day. As many details as possible. Start from the moment you awaken to the moment you fall into bed.

Ready, set, GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Perfect Day
    My perfect day is one where I'm traveling in Western Europe. Switzerland or the Netherlands. I wake up around 10 and head out for some tea and light breakfast with friends, family, and Jennie. Black teach with a bit of honey and cream. Pastries. Do a bit of sightseeing that actually consists of walks to and from pubs. We find an open-air market and we spend an hour or two going from stall to stall, haggling and talking but never really buying anything. We run across some Germans and they share some good hash with me (unless, of course, we're in Amsterdam, then I'll just buy my own hash). Feeling a little loose, we start thinking of a late lunch. Head to a cafe for small plates a couple bottles of wine. My family decides they're tired and they head back to their hotel, while my friends and I continue drinking wine well into the evening. Finally breaking from wine around 9 or 10, we grab some quick street food (maybe shawarma?) and head to a club for some music and dancing. More drinks now; Jack & water, on the rocks. Lots of those. Puking in a gutter around 3 AM, netsled into bed by 4:30. Don't ask me about tomorrow, it's not going to feel good.

Alternate version
    My perfect day starts at home. Jennie and I wake up together around 9 or 10 and engage in a couple rounds of rowdy sex. Morning/afternoon sex is the best, hottest sex. Night sex is tired and less interesting. After a couple sessions she finishes me off with a handie or a blowie in the front of the mirror (I like to watch) and then we get on with our day. Breakfast. Fuck making food, let's go to Stacks and get some pancakes. It's a beautiful day in the city, so we take some time to walk around Hayes Valley before realizing we need to take advantage of the nice weather and get to the beach. On the way home, however, we stop by Grooves, Groove Merchant, and Ameoba, where I finally find Highway 61 Revisited in mono, and it's only $7. Score of the century. After getting home we walk from our house to the beach and spend an hour or two collecting sand dollars, petting dogs, and playing frisbee. We count the number of throws in a row without drops, and today we smash our current record of 63 and get all the way up to triple-digits. Success. After the beach we enjoy a hot shower where we may or may not grope each other inappropriately. Fucking dinnertime, son. We have a feast. Pork chops, stuffed & breaded, mashed sweet potatoes topped with applewood bacon, grilled corn on the cob, and buttermilk biscuits. After dinner, Jennie goes to bed and I stay up repeatedly playing my new Dylan record on my headphones. Around 2 AM I crawl into bed and sleep well.

Who are your 10 favorite bands/artists?

If you could curate a music festival, where would it be held, how many days would it be, and who would you book as headliners & sub-headliners?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

What word in the English language do you find most disgusting when you say it?

Do you have a story of any points of interest in the city that has a sentimental memory to you?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Greghead, what one concert would you be willing to pay the most to attend, and how much would you pay? Please specify the headlining musician/band, opening act, venue, date and time, as well as if they will be playing from one specific album or if they would play a variety of selections. (Reunions are allowed, but all musicians must still be alive.)

A baby is on fire! Quickly put it out! You have the following objects around you, which do you use:

1) A stack of newspapers.

2) Oily rags.

3) A bat.

4) A container of bleach.

5) A space blanket.

6) You disregard everything and roll and tumble with the baby, even though rusty nails will pierce several places in your buttocks and stomach, and will probably cause you to lose your own life.

7) No one is around, so you could always use the "What baby?" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

If you could curate a music festival, where would it be held, how many days would it be, and who would you book as headliners & sub-headliners?
    I'll think about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    What word in the English language do you find most disgusting when you say it?
    Secretions

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Do you have a story of any points of interest in the city that has a sentimental memory to you?
    One night I was severely intoxicated and got lost in Rome for about three or four hours. No matter which way I went I kept winding up back at the fucking Colosseum. I never want to see that fucking building again. Great city, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Greghead, what one concert would you be willing to pay the most to attend, and how much would you pay? Please specify the headlining musician/band, opening act, venue, date and time, as well as if they will be playing from one specific album or if they would play a variety of selections. (Reunions are allowed, but all musicians must still be alive.)
    I'm poor, so I really can't pay too much. Were money no option I would pay $1000 to see the Kinks at Royal Albert Hall in London. They play songs from Something Else, Face to Face, and Arthur. Plus a couple off Kink Kronikles

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    A baby is on fire! Quickly put it out! You have the following objects around you, which do you use:

1) A stack of newspapers.

2) Oily rags.

3) A bat.

4) A container of bleach.

5) A space blanket.

6) You disregard everything and roll and tumble with the baby, even though rusty nails will pierce several places in your buttocks and stomach, and will probably cause you to lose your own life.

7) No one is around, so you could always use the "What baby?" excuse.
    Where is the "Pee on it" option? Because that's what I'd do.

One night I was severely intoxicated and got lost in Rome for about three or four hours. No matter which way I went I kept winding up back at the fucking Colosseum. I never want to see that fucking building again. Great city, though.
    Oh shit, had the same experience in Vienna. Left my sis, her friend, and my cousin drinking at a club and headed back to the hotel. Except I was too drunk to remember how to get there, we had been spending 2-3 days in each city we traveled to and it all began to look the same after a couple weeks. Lost in the city, wasted, no cell phones, or anything with the hotels address. Not sure how I even got back after a couple hours of walking around, something must have just clicked, just recall my group showing up about 20 minutes after I did.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-13-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Dang I would have jacked you fools.

Ha, I was lost, not incapacitated. I could have very easily asked how to get back Stazione Termini if there had been anyone to ask. Metro opened at 5 and I took a train home. No sweat. I just fucking hate the Colosseum now.

I'd revive Hank Williams if I could.
    great answer, by the way, and would also be mine.

Hank Williams great songwriter, or greatest songwriter?

Your favorite song, and why?

And, what's the song you want played at your funeral?
    Last edited by buddy; 06-13-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

any phobias/fears?
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

What's with the gummy bear love?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post

This is actually a bit difficult to come up with. My tastes skew to the past, so I apologize to any indie fucks I offend with this list.

The Rolling Stones
    The Clash
    Ramones
    Bob Dylan
    Hank Williams
    Otis Redding
    Elmore James
    Thelonious Monk
    Charlie Parker
    The Band
    *Honorable Mentions: Sam Cooke, The Kinks, James Brown, Notorious BIG, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Gram Parsons, Grateful Dead

* My music fest would be laid out & executed like Coachella 2008, with a lineup closer to that of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Much lighter on EDM and all the shitty electro indie pop that's popular now. Basically, Coachella without all the shitty music.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    great answer, by the way, and would also be mine.

Hank Williams great songwriter, or greatest songwriter?

Your favorite song, and why?

And, what's the song you want played at your funeral?
    Great songwriter. "Greatest" belongs somewhere in the Neil-Bob-Townes range, though I'm sure they would disagree with me.

My favorite Hank Williams song, or favorite song ever? My favorite Hank Williams is "Long Gone Lonesome Blues."

Ha. Oddly enough, my dad and I actually have made individual funeral playlists for ourselves. My plan for my funeral is very specific actually. Personally, I don't care about the funeral, you all can do whatever the fuck you want; I'm not going to be there. What I want is for all my friends and family to get together for a party and collectively listen to my death mix and have a good time telling awesome Greg stories. No invitations, all the folks who are supposed to be there will know to show up without any prompting or inviting. Drinks are on me. In fact, I'm already saving for the open bar. I'll post the tracklist in a bit.

any phobias/fears?
    The ocean. I like swimming at the beach and stuff, but I'm afraid to get too far out. Humans were not equipped for that environment and our helplessness becomes evident the moment our feet come off the sand. The ocean is just so powerful and there are millions of things trying to eat you. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    What's with the gummy bear love?
    I love nearly all gummy candy, but none so much as Haribo Gummy Bears. I love the flavors, the size & consistency of the little fucks, and the fact that they're fucking tiny squishy bears that you eat! What's not awesome about that?

This is actually a bit difficult to come up with. My tastes skew to the past, so I apologize to any indie fucks I offend with this list.

The Rolling Stones
    The Clash
    Ramones
    Bob Dylan
    Hank Williams
    Otis Redding
    Elmore James
    Thelonious Monk
    Charlie Parker
    The Band
    *Honorable Mentions: Sam Cooke, The Kinks, James Brown, Notorious BIG, Neil Young, Elvis Costello, Gram Parsons, Grateful Dead

* My music fest would be laid out & executed like Coachella 2008, with a lineup closer to that of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Much lighter on EDM and all the shitty electro indie pop that's popular now. Basically, Coachella without all the shitty music.
    I'm on your side for sure. Give me rock and roll or give me death. Can't stand probably 80% of the bands people here rave about. Loved all the rock/britpop at Coachella this year

I love nearly all gummy candy, but none so much as Haribo Gummy Bears. I love the flavors, the size & consistency of the little fucks, and the fact that they're fucking tiny squishy bears that you eat! What's not awesome about that?
    Ah man, I'm a black forest man. Ever make them hug before biting their heads off? Or a little 69 action ending in double homicide.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 06-14-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Black Forest is the only acceptable subsitute for Haribo. So good.

I don't make them hug so much as I perform Frankenstein surgery on them. Who doesn't want a gummy with a green head, white & red split torso, or yellow feet? Delicious.