Page 397 of 454 FirstFirst ... 392393394395396397398399400401402 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,910 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    How many Coachellas have you attended and which one was your favorite?
    Just 2011 and 2012. Although this year had more stuff that I liked on paper, 2011 was more about discovery which made for a better experience. I bought my ticket and made plans to go 3 days before the fest, so I had no time to research bands or much of anything else. Ended up having a great time. Also I must have aged a lot in the last year or something but I felt tired constantly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    Also, how did you come up with the name IceyHotShot?
    Sigh, the mistakes of a 13 year old boy I came up with the username 12 years ago and thought it was so cool. I liked the hot/cold dichotomy and thought "Hotshot" was just a great word. I have a bad habit of signing up with this nickname on forums when I only intend to hang out for a post or two, and then occasionally I end up sticking around and I'm cursed with this atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Top 7 boardies you'd like to meet and why
    1. Drinkey - I enjoy his posts, especially his pictures. Seems like a fun, down to earth guy.
    2. algunz - she's obviously intelligent and well grounded, I think we could have good conversations
    3. ods... - we were supposed to meet at concerts a few times already. I dig his style and taste.
    4. wmgaretjax - knows a lot about experimental music, I want to dig in his collection
    5. Robin - so she can get drunk and tell me the cruel cruel truths about what I'm doing wrong with my life.
    6. Mugwog - I find him very entertaining on the boards, surely he must be similarly entertaining in person
    7. TallGuyCM - he lives in the same area as me. would be cool to find a fellow music nerd in my neighborhood
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Paul, If you saw a bank robbery happen and right before the robber got caught you saw him ditch 50,000 dollars. You were the only person to see this. Would you turn the money in or keep it for yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Turn it in.
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - The Mountain Goats - Hopscotch 2014

Are there any theologies/philosophies that you purposefully guide your life by?

4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

I just try to be kind, honest, helpful, loyal, and reliable. I don't subscribe to any specific philosophy or theology other than that.

Your openness is refreshing.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    5. Robin - so she can get drunk and tell me the cruel cruel truths about what I'm doing wrong with my life.
    I'm tempted to pop my bottle of wine now.

tinychat may be a possibility for me tonight.

Also, thanks fatbastard. What's your name? I feel so rude saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Back to the questions:
    5. Start counting the seconds using your hands as you read this question: think of the last five vaginas you witnessed with your own eyes live and in person, strip clubs or other such scenarios do not count. These have to have been vaginas displayed to you through some measure of familiarity. You must think of the specific, exact last five, the circumstance in which you remember seeing them--precision.
    How many seconds did it take you to remember all five?
    0 or infinite, since I have never seen that in person.
    When I read this little exchange, I swear I sensed the door to Hell opening for Icy... I thought to myself, " He'll be scarred for life by the time Randy decides to ease up, or he'll feel a need to create an alias so the jabs will finally stop..."
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say what now? Oh, you're not straight, okay, dig. Same question except replace "vaginas" with "wangs."
    Read earlier in the thread and you'll find the whole reason I was picked to do this is because I am a 25 year old virgin.
    But then it hit me and I realized a thing or two... For a virgin, he's got more balls than most guys would publically admit And, at 25 years old, he's more level headed and honest, and hasn't been around the block or across the country 3 times over, only to end up alone and on some message board loving himself like Randy has to do. Chicks dig that shit, IcyHotshot.
    So, anyway... My question to you includes a video demonstration. Since it sounds like you truly are a music nerd, I'm certain you've been exposed to some Pink Floyd in your mere 25 years. (Typing that just made me realize something else... you're exactly 1/2 my age! fuck.) And, I'm sure you're familiar with Pink Floyd's: The Wall. After watching this video demonstration, please tell us what it means or represents to you. Perhaps it reminds you of something you've seen maybe not in person, but oh...in film, or magazine.

Just fucking watch the show like the rest of us

Anything is possible if you can take a shot to the tonsils.

Ivey, what's your favorite "dirty" word?

What are some movies you enjoying revisiting when you just want something comfortable?

For dinner itself, I'd play something low key, maybe some of my modern classical library, and it probably wouldn't hurt to throw in some Erik Satie (after all, this is what he composed his music for).
    Gush I've been playing his Gymnopédie No.1 for the last week. My only complaint, it's too short. I end up putting on repeat. Thank you, I like you already.

Paul, what would you do if you woke up tomorrow and found an elephant in your backyard?
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Paul, what would be your retaliation if Greghead left an Elephant in your backyard?
    Last edited by buddy; 06-08-2012 at 06:21 PM.

You act like having an elephant is a bad thing. I would be psyched if someone left an elephant in my backyard. I would immediately try to ride him and be friends. If anyone has a spare elephant, you know where to send it.
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

If the elephant was like Stampy from the Simpsons, I would also be psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    When I read this little exchange, I swear I sensed the door to Hell opening for Icy... I thought to myself, " He'll be scarred for life by the time Randy decides to ease up, or he'll feel a need to create an alias so the jabs will finally stop..."

But then it hit me and I realized a thing or two... For a virgin, he's got more balls than most guys would publically admit And, at 25 years old, he's more level headed and honest, and hasn't been around the block or across the country 3 times over, only to end up alone
    So, anyway... My question to you includes a video demonstration. Since it sounds like you truly are a music nerd, I'm certain you've been exposed to some Pink Floyd in your mere 25 years. (Typing that just made me realize something else... you're exactly 1/2 my age! fuck.) And, I'm sure you're familiar with Pink Floyd's: The Wall. After watching this video demonstration, please tell us what it means or represents to you. Perhaps it reminds you of something you've seen maybe not in person, but oh...in film, or magazine.

Thanks. Trippy flower intercourse.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Ivey, what's your favorite "dirty" word?
    For a noun, fuckface. For a verb, facefuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    What are some movies you enjoying revisiting when you just want something comfortable?
    I don't watch movies often, and when I do I like them to have an emotional impact. I love Shutter Island, The Pianist, and A Beautiful Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Originalbob View Post
    Gush I've been playing his Gymnopédie No.1 for the last week. My only complaint, it's too short. I end up putting on repeat. Thank you, I like you already.
    Thanks! Check out some current modern classical composers. Start with Nils Frahm's Felt from last year, and if you like that, I have more suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Paul, what would you do if you woke up tomorrow and found an elephant in your backyard?
    Immediately try to ride it! And maybe impersonate ganeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    Paul, what would be your retaliation if Greghead left an Elephant in your backyard?
    I would collect its shit and deposit it in his backyard.

Tell us about some thoughts that have run through your head that have profoundly disturbed you.

What do you consider the most selfless act you've ever committed was? Most cruel?

What is your best case scenario for your life at age 60?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Tell us about some thoughts that have run through your head that have profoundly disturbed you.

What do you consider the most selfless act you've ever committed was? Most cruel?

What is your best case scenario for your life at age 60?
    1. I was really sleep deprived once (had slept little to none at all for two weeks) and started feeling paranoid, thought people were spying on me, it was pretty disturbing. Slept a lot for a couple days and was fine again.

2 Most selfless: stepping aside for a friend to go after a girl we both really liked. They're still together. Most cruel: A girl I had been close to the first two years of high school but ended up hating for some dumb dramatic reason that I have since forgotten and I'm sure made no sense tried to make peace at prom by saying I looked nice and I said something like "No one asked you" - this made her cry at prom. Fast forward 8 years and she's my closest female friend now, so things are all good.

3. Close to being able to retire, if I've had any kids they are by this time self-sufficient, or if I'm single I'll have plenty of hobbies to keep me occupied.

#2 is exactly what happened to a friend of mine is high school as well. Weiiirdd.

If you became an animal for the rest of that animals expected life which animal would you become and why? What positives do you see in living as that animal? Please specify breed/location ie bear in china or bear in north america. You may assume you keep your human intellect but wont be able to do things outside of that breed's capabilities like talk.

I'll be a sea turtle in the Pacific Ocean. They have good lifespans, up to 80 years, and like me "It takes decades for sea turtles to reach sexual maturity" (Source :Wikipedia)

IceyHotshot, Ionesco once famously said that boredom is a symptom of security. You seem like a guy who is very careful in planning your life and choosing secure routes. What do you do to spice things up when life begins to feel rote?

Usually that's when I decide to travel somewhere or go on an unplanned roadtrip. This is basically what I did when I went to Coachella the first time (bought a pass on CL, went three days later).

I'm going to assume the questions for me are over and since it will be harder for me to do this at work tomorrow, I will now select greghead for the next member of the week.

Greg, in terms of LP purchases, what was the best score you ever had? Can be a single LP or a particularly good day where you got a good batch of stuff. Provide details on location, items you got, and a rough comparison of how much you paid versus how much it/they usually go for.

Also, what is your best Coachella-related memory?

IceyHotshot, I don't think I remembered to ask you my usual question. If I didn't, feel free to answer this if desired.

Gregor,

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    You are hired by the president to compile an elite squad to fight an imminent cyborg occupation. You are only allowed to hire boardmembers. Assemble and explain your team here. Include codenames.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 06-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Greghead, what is your most guiltiest of guilty pleasures?

Greghead, please tell us the story of the largest tip you have ever seen in the service industry and the circumstances behind it.

Greghead, what is your favorite "hidden treasure" in San Francisco?

I'm going to assume the questions for me are over and since it will be harder for me to do this at work tomorrow, I will now select greghead for the next member of the week.

Greg, in terms of LP purchases, what was the best score you ever had? Can be a single LP or a particularly good day where you got a good batch of stuff. Provide details on location, items you got, and a rough comparison of how much you paid versus how much it/they usually go for.

Also, what is your best Coachella-related memory?
    The best score was a lot of 250+ LPs I bought on Craigslist for $20 from a retired fire fighter named Lonnie in Burlingame, CA. Range from old Victrola 78s, to pristine classical records from the 50s and 60s (mostly Angel records), and a ton of 60s, 70s, 80s rock. 8 Dylan records. Good Dylan. Really too much stuff to recount. I kept most of it, made about $60 profit trading the chaff in at various record stores. The whole collection was probably worth around $800. Another time I got a '48 Charlie Parker record for $5. Had Max Roach and Miles Davis playing with him. I never play it.

My best Coachella-related memory has to be my first Coachella memory in 2005. First year we parked next to the owners and operators of Ballast Point brewery. They showed up with six 5-gallon kegs of beer, great food, and a bunch of potent weed. Very nice, generous people. Clued me into what Coachella was really about as we ate, drank, and talked about music.

Jesus, Hannah. Let me think on that one.

Paul, it was a pleasure getting to know you.

Greg, when, where, how did your interest in music begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Greghead, what is your most guiltiest of guilty pleasures?

Greghead, please tell us the story of the largest tip you have ever seen in the service industry and the circumstances behind it.

Greghead, what is your favorite "hidden treasure" in San Francisco?
    Reality television. Not horrible reality television but design shows and clothes shows and shit. I like to watch people execute an artistic vision and make something I never could. I also like "Ice Loves Coco," but I only watch when Jennie already has it on. It's good, I swear.

The largest tip I ever witnessed was $500 for holding a motorcycle helmet while the guest had dinner at the resort. The largest I ever received was $200 from the bassist of the Black Crowes. I recognized him and told him I hope their current hiatus isn't permanent (it was on the night of their last show). When he checked out he left a note explaining that he recognized the "heart" emanating from me and blah blah hippie stuff. Nice guy.

If I told you, it wouldn't be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Paul, it was a pleasure getting to know you.

Greg, when, where, how did your interest in music begin?
    My parents always played a lot of music around the house and my mom often sang (and still sings) Beach Boys, the Doors, Dylan, and the Beatles when cleaning or just putzing around. The first song she sang to each of her kids was "Barbara Ann." She tells people this. I really got turned on the first time I heard "Sloop John B" on the Forrest Gump soundtrack when I was 11. I couldn't figure out how it could sound so good.