Page 189 of 454 FirstFirst ... 184185186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,670 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    At what point did you discover the "bear scene" and when did you decide that you were going to be part of it? How do you feel about all these labels? Personally I hate them so goddamn fucking much you have no idea. I hate having to be labeled, I wish we didn't have to be divided into all these categories and sub-categories etc. etc. But that's just me.
    Then again, if you are going to be labelled, at least you get named after a Power Animal.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

cubrocker, totally fucking random, but are there any good carribean/rasta bars in your area? if not, what's your favorite watering hole

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    cubrocker, totally fucking random, but are there any good carribean/rasta bars in your area? if not, what's your favorite watering hole
    er no i dont think there are any. theres a couple little hippie-stoner centrals but those arent bars, theyre either shops, or just weird spots and whatnot i guess. but no i dont think theres a carribean bar or rasta bar.

my favorite spots are Hotel Congress,

Plush

The Surly Wench Pub

and Che's Lounge

Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

if anyone else has any more questions, get em in today.

and ill announce either later tonight or early this morning the next board member.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

ooh, surly wench looks like a cool place. judging by your taste, I think you'd like the bovine sex club

looks cool

Cut or uncut?

Quote Originally Posted by cubrocker View Post
    lol this has happened before. theres a couple options. one is to remain completely cryptic and androgynous... makes it confusing for her and fun for me.
    other option is to slip it in subtly- the way i usually out myself to strangers if i have to is by saying something like "oh my ex, he used to do that" etc etc
    Well, I'm not confused, but that certainly doesn't mean you aren't about to experience fun...Can I assume that other option is perhaps your favorite pickup move when hooking up with someone new, or do you have a better tactic you've found that works?
    meet guys? lets be honest, i dont. i guess the last guy i dated i met at work. but for the most part the guys in tucson are pretty lame. the bear scene is mostly really boring older guys who are pricks. i dont really associate with them much here.
    aspect the most ridiculous is that people are so bitchy and snobby and exclusive about it.... although also all the silly terms are pretty ridiculous too. most endearing is that i like me some hairy fat boys.
    ultimately the bear community is pretty stupid. especially here in tucson.
    Wow, I didn't know Arizona had bears. I pretty much thought it was more of a cougar filled territory! And, since we've entered that territory, let me ask you this...How many cougars have you had to shoot down and leave brokenhearted due to being more of a "Yogi and Boo-boo" kind of guy? (Are you feeling that "fun" thing yet?) LOL

haha well i have been at my current job about a year, but i bartended at applebees beforehand. learned to bartend there, not through bartending school or anything (i think bartending school is a joke) and it was a lot more precise there- had to use jiggers to measure out my liquor, made lots of fu-fu drinks there. my job now is a lot more fun, i free-pour my drinks and i dont use a fuckin blender, lol. i learned applebees bartending through a little book of recipes i had to learn but honestly all the important aspects of bartending ive learned through trial and error- with or without adult supervision lol.
    I agree about the schooling. I can't imagine them actually believing that in the middle of getting slammed bigtime, drunks are gonna care whether or not their drink is in a rocks glass, an old fashioned glass, or a snifter! I worked with a guy that chose the school route, and had to laugh when he showed me how he was taught to cut limes into quarters, then I laughed even harder when he ran out of limes in the midst of having the bar 5 deep, wishing he had taken it another step and gone for eighths! (No worries, I always had an extra bucket stashed for those times, and shared! )
    Ah, yes...the imfamous free pour! Where is it you work again? (Tee-hee, mental note!) Do you eye your pour, or have a special count? I was taught to do a 5 count at my first job and a 10 count at another. (Yes, a 10 count pour! Amazing what we did for the Taxi business at that place, not to mention the savings on mixers and shit! LOL) Seriously, I wouldn't know how to operate one of those measured gun things, but I do know how to run a blender! Yeppers, I actually incorporate the use of it into my bartending when I can...(I don't have the typical big tits that most female bartenders have, but let me tell you...the vibration from the blender, coupled with my sense of humor has been known to up my tips! LOL Do you have any secrets or bar back tricks that up your tips? (Or, notches on your belt, so to speak? )

This pic is great! Nothing better than waiting until you've got them all slobbering on the ground and then breaking out this move! LOL LOL LOL
    if anyone else has any more questions, get em in today.
    and ill announce either later tonight or early this morning the next board member.
    Okay, you may have me confused here..."either later tonight or early this morning?" (I have time management issues, and this statement isn't helping I want you to know!) Do you also have issues with being on time, or are you one of those sticklers for schedules and promptness?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Any hints you can share on quoting and message board posting?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Cut or uncut?
    cut.

foreskin freaks me out...

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Wow, I didn't know Arizona had bears. I pretty much thought it was more of a cougar filled territory! And, since we've entered that territory, let me ask you this...How many cougars have you had to shoot down and leave brokenhearted due to being more of a "Yogi and Boo-boo" kind of guy? (Are you feeling that "fun" thing yet?) LOL
    had to shake loose a cougar in the beer garden at coachella believe it or not.

also enjoyed flirting with them when i waited tables.

LOL Do you have any secrets or bar back tricks that up your tips? (Or, notches on your belt, so to speak? )
    i cut my limes into 12ths.

im also just good at getting to know people, and im sarcastic. act like a badass and you make some moneys. also i dont wear underwear to work. me and another guy i work with are known for always having some buttcrack showing hehe.

and of course the usual dumb bar jokes. the cocksucker is a pretty popular shot, so when theyre ordered its obligatory to say "look around and take your pick babe, this bar is full of em"

Okay, you may have me confused here..."either later tonight or early this morning?" (I have time management issues, and this statement isn't helping I want you to know!) Do you also have issues with being on time, or are you one of those sticklers for schedules and promptness?
    im terribly unorganized as far as time management goes. when im worried about making it to somewhere on time i just go like 2 hours early and find coffee on the way.

alright boys and girls :: drum roll pleeeeasseee ::::

next board member of the week is

JClemy

so youre listed as being located in japan. tell us about that?

Thank you for the choice.

Right now I'm living in Takikawa, Hokkaido, Japan. It's a smallish city of about 45 thousand people. I've been here since last October teaching English. I actually leave in October to head back to Canada.

The position I'm in has been handed down to Canadian teachers for about 20 years now so it's got some history behind it.

Japan as a country really is impossible to describe totally. In some ways it's amazing and in other things I can't wait to do things North American style. I think the hardest thing to get used to was obviously being a foreigner. Being from Canada it didn't matter what you looked like, you were probably Canadian. Here if you aren't Japanese you're obviously a foreigner. Most people are pretty good about it but there are some times when we just have to shake our heads(as you do all over the world). I have had children walk into wall starting at me or shake their parents and point "foreigner, foreigner!" and instead of telling the kids not to stare they join their kids!

That said the Japanese can be the most helpful and friendly people. We have some amazing Japanese friends that would do anything for us. Being on the Northern Island has made that even more apparent. Because we're in a more remote area there is less English spoken(My Japanese sucks) but almost every person we've come in contact with will try their very best to help out. They say that in Hokkaido it's cold weather so the people have to have warm hearts. They are also #1 in traffic fatalities.

I just had a class cancel for the day so I had some time to kill and apparently I'm writing on and on. Bring on the questions!

JClemy!!!

You love Weezer like, a lot right?

Ummmm, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    JClemy!!!

You love Weezer like, a lot right?

Ummmm, why?
    I do love Weezer. I'm not sure why I love them so much. I think because they were one of the bands that helped me branch out from Punk music. They were a big part of me realizing that I should probably give almost anything a try. Going from mostly Nirvana and Punk to Weezer was a big change.

I find the songs really catchy and I guess I like the weirdness of Rivers. He's really eccentric and I like that. I enjoy that he quits the band after every album. I like that he married a Japanese girl and his Japanese is still kinda crappy. I guess just that they are such nerds and they just make music that they like even if some of it kinda sucks at times.

I think being a nerd with an English degree Rivers was sort of a figure of someone I would have loved to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Thank you for the choice.

Right now I'm living in Takikawa, Hokkaido, Japan. It's a smallish city of about 45 thousand people. I've been here since last October teaching English. I actually leave in October to head back to Canada.

The position I'm in has been handed down to Canadian teachers for about 20 years now so it's got some history behind it.

Japan as a country really is impossible to describe totally. In some ways it's amazing and in other things I can't wait to do things North American style. I think the hardest thing to get used to was obviously being a foreigner. Being from Canada it didn't matter what you looked like, you were probably Canadian. Here if you aren't Japanese you're obviously a foreigner. Most people are pretty good about it but there are some times when we just have to shake our heads(as you do all over the world). I have had children walk into wall starting at me or shake their parents and point "foreigner, foreigner!" and instead of telling the kids not to stare they join their kids!

That said the Japanese can be the most helpful and friendly people. We have some amazing Japanese friends that would do anything for us. Being on the Northern Island has made that even more apparent. Because we're in a more remote area there is less English spoken(My Japanese sucks) but almost every person we've come in contact with will try their very best to help out. They say that in Hokkaido it's cold weather so the people have to have warm hearts. They are also #1 in traffic fatalities.

I just had a class cancel for the day so I had some time to kill and apparently I'm writing on and on. Bring on the questions!
    cool! i took one semester of japanese 101 in college (im a linguistics nerd. im taking turkish currently)- japanese was fun but i didnt do that well. always wanted to go over there though. was considering a year abroad teaching english actually- germany or austria or switzerland was a possibility, or turkey or russia, and also japan. we should talk more about this and maybe you can give me some suggestions.

cool! i took one semester of japanese 101 in college (im a linguistics nerd. im taking turkish currently)- japanese was fun but i didnt do that well. always wanted to go over there though. was considering a year abroad teaching english actually- germany or austria or switzerland was a possibility, or turkey or russia, and also japan. we should talk more about this and maybe you can give me some suggestions.
    I couldn't learn the language at all while I was in North America. Being here I find myself really surprised at things I have learned without really taking any lessons. Just from talking to people and figuring things out. I've really enjoyed going into a language basically blind and just stumbling my way through it. I've never really enjoyed learning languages till I was here in Japan. Apparently I just needed to be immersed in the language to want to learn it.

Being Canadian I have learned a little bit of French but I can basically introduce myself and tell you how I'm feeling. Unless I'm unhappy and then I don't remember how. So so is ok but unhappy I got nothing.

If you could rid the world of one person, thing, or idea, what would it be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you could rid the world of one person, thing, or idea, what would it be and why?
    That's a really tough question. I like it. There are so many things that I can thing of that I would love to rid the world of but I think I would have to say Racism is one of the tops on the list. I would like to say hatred of that type as a whole but I can narrow it down to racism. I was always against it and always thought it was bad but had never really experienced it. Having experienced it I've realized that it's not something that just hurts it's also really annoying.

I think Passive racism is one of the things that annoys me the most. I mean everyone says things that are racist etc etc and not all are things that are meant with malicious intent. I find the thing that is the most annoying is staring. That's the main thing we get here in Japan. Just today and old man was almost tripping over himself to stare at us. Not a friendly "hey how you doing" but a "What the f are you doing here" stare. He stopped to stare as we were getting into our car and I turned to him and said "hey dude, whats up?" I think I almost killed him. He jumped and hurried away without looking back. We've had other things but that has been the worst of them. Most things we've noticed have been in Tokyo.

So the short is I would like to get rid of racism.

Or Nu metal. I just can't stand that stuff.

What song has these lyrics? Do you like the song?

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
    No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark
    Everyone around me is a total stranger
    Everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger

Can I answer this one?

Last edited by algunz; 08-31-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    What song has these lyrics? Do you like the song?

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
    No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark
    Everyone around me is a total stranger
    Everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger
    Is that Turning Japanese - The vapors? I do like that song. It's a lot of fun. I've never really read all of the lyrics though. If I'm right I should look them up.

You are correct, my friend.

How is your relationship with your family? Are you close? Brothers? Sisters?

JClemy!! Please describe your perfect day from start to finish.
    Include as many details as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

And another question for you: Let's say I am visiting Japan as your guest.

Where would you take me? What would I just have to see?
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You are correct, my friend.

How is your relationship with your family? Are you close? Brothers? Sisters?
    I'm quite close with my family. I am an only child except for my dog who is basically my parents second child. I am pretty close with my uncle on my Mom's side and my Grandma. With most of the rest of my family I've never really found I had a lot in common with them. They loved doing family things all the time and I preferred to do things with friends or close family. I still hang out with my parents and sometimes take trips with them. Me and my fiance will often go to the casino or bar with my parents. My friends tend to enjoy hanging out with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    JClemy!! Please describe your perfect day from start to finish.
    Include as many details as possible.
    I would wake up in the late morning, around 9 or so. Have some nice slow sex. just some enjoyable wake up stuff. Then I would probably have some pancakes for breakfast and sit and relax for a little bit. Maybe watch some TV.

I would them probably head to a casino for a little bit. Play a little bit of Craps and Blackjack and maybe some slots. Then I would head to some sort of sporting event (I would prefer football or Hockey maybe both). Have some delicious local beers. Big Rock in Calgary probably would be my favorite. I also like Rickards white. (Now I want some North American beer). If I were in America I would probably get some Blue Moon. In Vegas my beer of choice is Heineken.

I would then head to a bar for some Karaoke with a big group of friends. I would get some Suicide chicken wings and maybe some Nachos(I may want those since I've been in Japan so long). I would do some late late night Karaoke and then I would go home for some exhausting sex before bed.

And another question for you: Let's say I am visiting Japan as your guest.

Where would you take me? What would I just have to see?
    It would depend on what part of Japan you were visiting. In the Tokyo area I would recommend Kamakura and Yokohama.

Kamakura was one of the most amazing places I've been to in Japan. It's pretty old fashioned and so you really get a feel of old school Japan. It's also right on the water so it's got a beautiful oceanside beach. One of my favorite places. They have the second largest sacred Buddha in Japan as well. It's exciting in pictures but it's amazing to see in real life. I've actually been there twice and it was spectacular both times.

Yokohama is a beautiful port city. It's got the tallest building in Japan (MM21) and seeing the harbor from the tower is definitely one of the best views I've seen in Japan. They have the largest chinatown outside of China but it really wasn't all the great.

In Hokkaido I would take you Park Golfing. It's only in Hokkaido and it's a combination of Mini Golf, croquet. You only use one club for your drive and all your hits and putts. It's so much fun.

I would take you to an onsen. They are a little daunting at first because your naked with a whole group of people but it's so amazingly relaxing.

Sapporo is a cool city. There is a store that I love taking people too here called Don Quoixte(sp). It has absolutely everything! Grocerys, toys, stationary, sex toys, electronics. Those machines that you use in lighting stores and novelty stores where you press a button and it turns it on. They have those for sex toys. It's pretty funny to press a button and see a dildo start spinning and going off.

I would take you to an onsen. They are a little daunting at first because your naked with a whole group of people but it's so amazingly relaxing.
    Japanese for Orgy??

Japanese for Orgy??
    It's Japanese for hot spring. I don't actually know what Japanese for Orgy is. I suppose it would be a little bit scarier if it were a random place you go for Orgies. It's segregated nude natural hot springs.

Do you or your parents ever regret that you were an only child? What's the upside and the downside of being the only one?

It's Japanese for hot spring. I don't actually know what Japanese for Orgy is.
    オルジ-ですか?