Page 179 of 454 FirstFirst ... 174175176177178179180181182183184 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,370 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Seriously now, JewFace, I'm familiar with Hillcrest in San Diego. Not quite as familiar as you, but I grew up in San Diego. Anyway...
    When you came for Coachella, did you get the opportunity to visit Palm Springs? OR, have you ever had the chance to participate in the White Party held here every year?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Wow. You actually answered all of my questions. ::Golf clap::

Favorite celebrity encounter?

Quote Originally Posted by HorseTears View Post
    Who's the hottest guy on the Coach' board?BrokenDoll. Duh.
    How many board members' weiners have you seen? Besides my own, I assume? 2.
    Did I miss any gay questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    My goodness, HorseTears! I think you've covered all the gay questions for now! Not sure I can handle anymore.
    I'm one of those fellows you meet who could go either way. If you met me and found out I was straight, you wouldn't be surprised. If you met me and found out I was gay, you wouldn't be surprised.
    Apparently, not only did I miss the cues to your sexual preferences, I missed afew of your responses before I posted last night! (Suprised? LOL) Anyway...Upon rising this morning, (not that kind of rising!) I re-read the last page or two of your responses and got inspired...

"Oh, I wish I had an Oscar Award weiner,
    then you could change your answer to a 3.
    And, if I had an Oscar Award weiner,
    Just think how hot then I would truly be!"

"Yes, if I had an Oscar Award weiner,
    and people asked you if you had seen me...
    Just look and answer simply, "have I seen her?
    Why, yes, she had her weiner inside me!"

"But, sadly there's no Oscar Award weiner
    attached as any body part of me...
    I only have a friendly like demeanor,
    one day we'll meet and then you'll truly see!"

Brokendoll

So, JewFace...You are a lover of arts, amongst other things, and you have a sense of humor... Are you into poetry? How about Comedy? I've only been to 1-2 Stand-Up comedy shows and had a blast. How about you? Ever thought about doing stand-up? (I'm talking about arts, silly!)
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Dear JewFace,

What has been your favorite role to play on the stage? What role has been the most challenging? Is there a role you long to play one day?

yr pal,

stuporfly
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Jewface -
    You ask awesome questions. If you were to ask yourself an awesome question that cut to the heart of the man behind the username, what would you ask?
    Then pretend I asked it.
    Thank you, MP!
    I'm afraid I can't really do this one for you. I know it sounds like a cop out, but I can't. If my questions for others have been "awesome" it's because they came from genuine curiosity about the board member of the week. If I wasn't familiar with the board member, I would sit back for the first few days and observe his/her answers to the initial round of questions to see what made them tick, what interested them, where they were in life, etc. Basically, I listened and then dove in.

Anyway, you've already asked a new one, so I'll get to that one shortly.

What made you get into acting (and singing?)? What kind of productions have you been in?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Castanets View Post
    Aw! It's Andjew's turn! Nice choice, Stuporfly. MissingPerson, since you seemed lost for a question, indulge me for a couple of minutes and let me tell you a little about this young man. I've only met him twice.

ANDREW --
    Sorry for hijacking your thread, but you're too modest!
    Dougie!
    I just turned beet red after reading your [long] post (sorry, had to edit it in my response.) Those are some of the nicest things someone has ever said to or about me. You're entirely too kind, but thank you. You've got a good heart too and I know that some day you'll make a great daddy. And by "daddy" I mean a fat, old gay man who preys on bi-curious NYU freshmen.

What will you miss most about California?
    Well I've lived in So Cal (mostly San Diego) since I was 10, so I can only speak for this part of the state. I suppose my list is pretty obvious:
    • The gorgeous, mild, Mediterranean-like climate.
    • Not having to think about what you're wearing today because of the inclement weather.
    • The warm, friendly San Diegans
    • The easy access to beaches, deserts, mountains
    • The big city/little city feel of downtown San Diego
    • The relaxed, SD-ghey vibe of Hillcrest (much preferred over W. Hollywood)
    • Believe it or not, the cultural institutions (The SD Symphony, SD Opera, Old Globe Theatre, La Jolla Playhouse, the museums in Balboa Park)
    • Catching a gig at the tiny and charming Casbah
    • The warm, enthusisastic reception most SD audiences give bands. You often hear them exclaim that they're getting their best reception in SD. It is a bit of a sleepy town, but man are there are a lot of spirited music fans here.
    • Not being there when the marriage equality fight has been won
    • The Cal-Mexican food (though I'll gladly trade that for the far superior South Asian cuisine of NY)
    • That stupid short-haired blonde anchor on the local NBC news who has been flubbing her lines and misspeaking for the past decade, but never seems to get fired.
    • I don't have any family left here, so I'm not leaving them behind, but I am leaving several friends I've known since I was a tween and I will miss them desperately.
    • The ridiculously good looking, sun-kissed boys of SD. He he.

And when you graduate, do you see yourself pursuing a career in film, tv, stage?
    All of the above, hopefully. I don't needs a massive amount of success. If I can simply make a living as a working actor, pay the rent and still have a modest amount left over at the end of the month, I will be very happy.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-11-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Tell me about something you've done that you'd be proud to be remembered for.
    MP: I have to think about this one. I'll come back to it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    Lady Gaga
    Man?
    Woman?
    Both?
    I actually don't think she's a hermi. If anything, she might be a post-op tranny. I'll tell you what she is, though: A beat-faced, talentless shrew. I'm ashamed of the gheyz for bringing her to prominence. Their early and fervent support helped catapult her into the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Okay, so JewFace, now that the peanut gallery has enlightened me to your sexual orientation, tell us all a little something about anal sex......
    BD:
    I fixed your question for you. Oh, and, sorry for the joke earlier, but I couldn't resist. The prostate is a wondrous thing. What else do you need to know?

When you came for Coachella, did you get the opportunity to visit Palm Springs? OR, have you ever had the chance to participate in the White Party held here every year?
    BD:
    I have been to Palm Springs many times, though, frankly the gay scene there creeps me out. A lot of the older, overly muscled gheys like to call PS home. I prefer to hit PS up with my straight friends. I mean TomB (from the WHAT IS YOUR FIRST MEMORY OF THIS BOARD thread was from PS.)

I have never done the White Party. Doesn't look like my sort of thing. Wealthy CA gays asking you how much is in your 401K before they ask your name. It looks as appealing to me as Fire Island off NY does.

Tom B:
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-11-2009 at 12:49 PM.

BD:
    I fixed your question for you. Oh, and, sorry for the joke earlier, but I couldn't resist. The prostate is a wondrous thing. What else do you need to know?
    Directions?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Rape sex. Are you a fan?

Yours Truly,
    Judgy McMarco
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I wish Tom B didn't look so much like Frank Drebin.

Describe your perfect day.

Details please!!!! The more the better.

Also: Of all the movies you mentioned that you enjoy(ed), who gives the best performance of a gay/lesbian character? Who captures the essence,feel,
    pain of what it is like to be misunderstood or scrutinized? Or just your favorite cinematic gay character.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Wow. You actually answered all of my questions. ::Golf clap::
    That was a lot of work!

Favorite celebrity encounter?
    I have two:

Celebrity Encounter #1:
    My friend Jeremy used to work in promotions for a video game company. I have zero interest in video games and know nothing about them. A couple of years ago he invited me to a massive launch for some new game. (Don't even remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure a lot of minorities are slaughtered and a lot of drugz are ingested.) Anyway, I decided to tag along to this ridiculous event. They basically took over this strip mall in LA and erected all of these big white tents. They had DJs, some pretty decent music, tons of free food and booz, booths where you could play the brand new game (meh) and supposedly they had celebs there. There were a few celebs who would make the tween set swoon and who I had zero interest in. But then, as I was waiting in line for a refill on my vodka tonic, I turn around and standing right before me is Debbie "Fame" Allen. You know? The actress/dancer/choreographer? This one:

My first reaction is, WTF is Debbie Allen doing at this thing? She was (at least by 2 decades) the oldest "celebrity" there. And secondly, this was a woman best known for being on Fame and dancing on Broadway and for some (regrettable) choreography on the Oscars. You also might know as a judge on Dancing with the Stars now. She's also, perhaps, equally famous for being Phylicia "Huxtable" Rashad's sister:

So, I turn around and start gabbing with Debbie. And she turns out to be very friendly and approachable. Pay her some compliments about what a phenomenal dancer she is (which she really was) and asked her what she was up to these days (even back then she was trying to get a Fame remake made). She was very warm and agreeable. Then in the middle of it she interrupted me, and asked me the time. I told her it was midnight, she (like Cinderella) scrambled for her purse and said "I've got to go! My car will be here any minute!"

I offer to walk her to her car which she appreciatively accepts. We walk over to the area where limos are waiting for the celebs. She looks around anxiously and doesn't see her car. Then I hear this woman's voice yelling (in a stage whisper), "DEBBIE! psssst! Debbie! Over here!" We turn there and I see a navy blue Lincoln Town Car parked and in the driver's seat (I kid you not) is Phylicia Rashad in her pink dressing gown and with curlers in her hair. Debbie sees her, turns and says good night to me, runs to the car, gets in the passenger seat and away they go into the night. I almost died laughing.

Celebrity Encounter #2:
    For reference, a couple of months ago, I acted in a one night benefit performance of a play at the Geffen Playhouse in LA. Okay, my friend Matthew works for Sony Pictures Entertainment at the Culver City headquarters. A couple of weeks ago, he invited me up to L.A. to spend the day with him. He promised me a fun, behind-the-scenes tour of the lot and studios, etc. He had to work for a few hours, so I came into the office just to chill. About an hour in, his assistant comes up to him to tell him that "she" is 2 hours early and they have move their meeting up. A few minutes later Meryl Streep walks in her with a small entourage of handlers. I just about wet myself.

Matthew says to his assistant, "I'll be right in." And then he turns to me and whispers, "Go with it." Then, in a louder voice says to me, "Andrew, would you please get coffee for 7 and then come in to take notes?"

He basically pretended that I was some temp. I brought the coffee into the conference room (I'm so proud of myself for not dropping it) and grabbed a notepad off of his desk and sat down mere inches away from la Streep to... take notes?? La Streep begins talking about the press junkets for the upcoming Julie & Julia and I kind of zone out because I can't quite believe I'm there.

And in the middle of it, she turns to me and looks right at me and says, "You look familiar."

Had she come into my restaurant? Did she recognize me as some lowly food service employee? Was she thinking 'What the fuck is this waiter doing here'? Let me add that add this point: it's pretty clear that her portrayl of Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada was probably 50% acting. I was terrified.

"What's your name?" she asks me.
    "Andrew."
    "I've seen you in something... what was it..?"
    I don't say a word.
    "Oh, yes! You were at the Geffen, right?"
    I had no idea she'd seen it.
    "Yes, I was."
    "In that little play, right?"
    "Yes, Miss Streep."
    "What was it called?"
    "The Turnover Diary."
    "Yes. It wasn't very good."
    I was crushed. My heart just sank to the ground. But, then she turned back to me and said...
    "But you were. You should keep doing this."

And after that, they could have conducted the rest of the meeting in Portugese. I know I sat there for another half hour and I know I took copious notes and then handed them to Matthew and politely opened the door for La Streep and her party as they exited, but I have absolutely no recollection of what was said.

I know it's silly and frivolous and largely meaningless, but that really made my night. If my mother were alive to have heard that story, every Uncle, Aunt, distant relative, friend, co-worker and acquaintance of hers would have heard about it within 30 minutes.

Anyway, when I've just been rejected at my 10th unsuccessful audition in a row and can barely pay the rent and feel like my 4 years at Juilliard were a complete waste, I will come back to that moment for some solace and sustenance to keep at it.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-11-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Hi Anjew!

What is your favorite Animal and/or dinosaur and please describe your ideal day as that animal?

Wheels Of Cheese

I wish Tom B didn't look so much like Frank Drebin.
    Great, now Tom B creeps me out even more...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

So, JewFace...You are a lover of arts, amongst other things, and you have a sense of humor... Are you into poetry? How about Comedy? I've only been to 1-2 Stand-Up comedy shows and had a blast. How about you? Ever thought about doing stand-up? (I'm talking about arts, silly!)
    BD,

I'm going to do my best to forget that that... limerick ever happened.

I am into poetry, though, I must admit I've focused almost exclusively on the novel and short story. I need to discover more poetry. My favorites are probably Walt Whitman, E.E. Cummings, Langston Hughes, W.H. Auden and, of course, Shakespeare. I love this poem by Cummings; most especially the last stanza. What a lovely image:

somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
    somewhere i have never travelled, gladly beyond
    any experience,your eyes have their silence:
    in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
    or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look will easily unclose me
    though i have closed myself as fingers,
    you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
    (touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
    my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,
    as when the heart of this flower imagines
    the snow carefully everywhere descending;
    nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
    compels me with the color of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens;only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

I love [good] stand-up. I've seen more on TV than seen live, but my favorite stand-up comics are:

Eddie Izzard (seen him live twice), Lenny Bruce, Steve Martin, Joan Rivers. I must admit that I have a weak spot for funny, sassy gals:
    Lisa Lampanelli, Margaret Cho (sometimes) and Wendy Liebman.

Last edited by JewFace; 08-12-2009 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Dear JewFace,
    What has been your favorite role to play on the stage? What role has been the most challenging? Is there a role you long to play one day?
    yr pal,
    stuporfly
    Favorite and most challenging roles:
    My favorite and most challenging were probably the same role. When I was 19, I got cast as an understudy in a West Coast tour of The Shakespeare Theatre Company's production of Romeo & Juliet. I understudied the role of Benvolio (you know, Romeo's other friend; the smaller and less thrilling part than Mercutio). As an understudy, the vast majority of my evenings were spent backstage farting around, but it was still heady stuff to be on tour with one of the premiere classical theatre ensembles in the country.

During the Los Angeles leg of the tour, the actor playing Romeo became deathly ill and had to be hospitalized. That same day, his understudy and the understudy for Mercutio were both in a car accident which would end up requiring months of physical rehabilitation for them both. The actor playing Mercutio was this brilliant guy in his late 20s who'd studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts and who'd played Romeo several times. The associate director had him assume the role of Romeo. Since his understudy had also been injured in the accident, the company widely assumed that the actor playing Benvolio, also a classically trained and accomplished actor, would assume the role of Mercutio and that I, as his understudy, would assume the role of Benvolio. Instead, the associate director, with permission from the director (who was back in D.C.) cast me as Mercutio.

It was incredibly nerve-wracking. We had two days off before our next performance in L.A. That was two days to rehearse a new Romeo and a new Mercutio. I had a hell of a lot to prove. I was just some Junior College student, just a year out of high school while the rest of the cast were all classically trained, seasoned performers. The actor playing Benvolio was less than thrilled that some dumb kid was now playing a more substantial role than he was. The director flew out from D.C. and reviewed our last rehearsal and our first performance as a new cast. We got great reviews in the Daily News, LA Weekly and OC Register and he made the call right then to allow the cast to continue as it was. During the LA leg, they cast two new understudies, so I went from understudying Benvolio to having an understudy for Mercutio and I got to play Mercutio for one more month until the tour ended in Portland.

Roles I would love to play some day:

Any young actor worth his salt will tell you this, but I really would like to play Hamlet before my early 30s. It really is the ultimate role for the young actor.

I would also love to play George in Sunday in the Park with George one day. It's Stephen Sondheim's largely fictional take on the life of neo-impressionist painter George Seraut. The musical follows Seraut as he creates his greatest and most popular work, Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte. You know, this one:

Granted, most musicals are silly confection, but Sondheim won a Pulitzer prize for writing this piece and with good reason. It truly is a great piece of art about a great piece of art and about the artistic process itself. The music is just incredible (for instance, the way it mimics the dot-dot-dot pointilism of Seraut's new painting technique is astonishing). It's some of the most challenging (though beautiful) music an actor will ever get to sing. George is an incredibly demanding, difficult and fairly unlikeable man so besides the challenge of singing an enormously complex score, you also have to make this man's artistic and personal journey compelling for the audience while also setting off fireworks with your leading lady. I'm too young for this type of thing now, but this is a role I would love to play in my 30s.

Andrew, my neighbor,

Let's say you're moving to Alabama, instead of New York City. Your homosexuality has angered their vengeful god and he has asked you to pick one of the following to eliminate from the world's past, present, and future: wind instruments (like brass and woodwinds), string instruments (like guitars and violins), key instruments (like pianos and accordions), or percussion instruments (like drum sets and vibraphones). Which do you pick?

Let's say this same god has cursed you so that for over the next 50 years, at intervals of 10 years, you will lose your five senses: sight, hearing, smelling, tasting, and feeling. Because their angry god is learning to sympathize, you are allowed to chose the order that you lose these senses. In what order will they go?

Finally, let's say this god finally can't deny your charming, Jewish face and has found it in his heart to embrace homosexuality. For giving him the gift of gay, in addition to restoring the lost musical category and all your senses, he will grant you one wish, without any fine print or trickery. What do you wish for?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Andrew,

What got you on this message board and what has been your favorite Coachella?

(Sorry, if this question has already been asked.)

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

JewFuck,

Have you ever tried to ejaculate into another man's urethra while he held it open with some sort of prying devices or vice versa?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

As if my limerick wasn't traumatizing enough...

Andrew, what stupid regret are you still carrying around even thought it's stupid?

And if you were made King - not president, King, absolute ruler - of your country tomorrow, what would be the most urgent thing on your agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    What made you get into acting (and singing?)? What kind of productions have you been in?
    amyzzz:

Acting as kid:
    Two words. My mother. As a young, expressive kid, my mum thought that I could benefit from a life in the theatre. She was a stage mother; but the good kind. She was always supportive, encouraging and enthusiastic, but never pushy and never demanding. She enrolled me in some classes with Christian Youth Theatre, which is this massive conglomerate of theatre training classes throughout San Diego (and now the nation, I believe) for kids from elementary school through High School. While it can hardly be said that one learns much about the craft of acting from these classes and youth productions, they do instill in kids an intense amount of discipline, a love of performing and an appreciation of the arts. And, frankly, they are not pushy Christians at all. The only "Christian" thing about them was the occasional prayer circle right before a performance. And even those weren't mandatory. These people's religion was musical theatre.

Acting as a Teen/Young Adult:
    From there I transitioned to productions in various community theatres in Southern California. By the time I was a teen I was performing in LORT (League of Resident Theatres) productions. LORT theatres are the professional regional theatres located across the country that hire mainly Equity (stage actors' union) actors. Theatres like the Old Globe and La Jolla Playhouse in San Diego and like South Coast Rep, Pasadena Playhouse, Center Theatre Group and the Geffen Playhouse in OC and LA.

Over the summers when I was 19 and 20, I did two national/regional tours. The Shakespeare Theatre Company's tour of Romeo & Juliet in which I understudied Benvolio and then played Mercutio and the American Conservatory Theatre's tour of The Three Penny Opera.

TV/Film work:
    My industrial work consists of a nat'l Advil commercial from 2004 and voice overs for a couple of local commercials.

My film work consists only of student films (so far.)

My tv work consists of being hired for a Paramount tv pilot for a situation comedy which was tentatively titled Babies Inc. It was set in and around a daycare center. The writing was dismayingly awful; it made Reba look like the finest crafted sitcom since Seinfeld. I was almost relieved when Paramount pulled the plug on taking the pilot beyond the early development stages. We didn't even film it. Still, it was pretty exciting at the time.

Singing:
    I wouldn't call myself a singer. I've done musical theatre and I have a pretty good tenor and actually could have probably studied opera if I'd had more of an interest in the vocal arts, but my interest lies primarily with acting.
    Last edited by JewFace; 08-12-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Directions?
    Let me tailor these for you, BD....

1. After the roofie has dissolved in his drink, ask him if he'd like to check out the hot tub.
    2. Don't remove any clothing yet as the roofie will not have had enough time to disable him.
    3. After 10 minutes of relaxing in the hot tub, suggest that you retire to your bedroom [spider web].
    4. Place the paper bag over your head.
    5. Attach your disco stick and proceed to steal this man's dignity.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Rape sex. Are you a fan?
    Yours Truly,
    Judgy McMarco

Really, Marco? You really want to know if I'm into rape sex? I can't believe I'm bothering to answer this one. No, I have no interest in such an activity. I also have no interest in 'role playing' in general when it comes to after dark action. Perhaps I'm boring, but I prefer more of a genuine connection. There's enough mystery and eroticism in that for me.

Let me tailor these for you, BD....
    1. After the roofie has dissolved in his drink, ask him if he'd like to check out the hot tub.
    2. Don't remove any clothing yet as the roofie will not have had enough time to disable him.
    3. After 10 minutes of relaxing in the hot tub, suggest that you retire to your bedroom [spider web].
    4. Place the paper bag over your head.
    5. Attach your disco stick and proceed to steal this man's dignity.

Enjoy!
    Okay, listen here, Jewface! First, the man is 44 years old, so he's half-way to disabled as it is! Second, after 10 minutes in the fucking hot tub, it's not like he isn't gonna notice he's still dressed! Maybe the bag should go over his head to prevent this mishap? And lastly, I have Disco Balls, but where do I get a Disco Stick??? (I picked up some anal beads once, but he thought it would be funny to use them as a keychain!)
    Nevermind...maybe it would be best to just start with those little glowsticks you can pickup at Michael's...Lord knows I have a shitload of those damn things! (LOL "shitload...get it?") Oh, well...Should have known better than to ask a man for directions, huh? LOL Thanks anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Rape sex. Are you a fan?
    Yours Truly,
    Judgy McMarco

Really, Marco? You really want to know if I'm into rape sex? I can't believe I'm bothering to answer this one. No, I have no interest in such an activity. I also have no interest in 'role playing' in general when it comes to after dark action. Perhaps I'm boring, but I prefer more of a genuine connection. There's enough mystery and eroticism in that for me.
    Hey,I've got an idea!
    Hey, Marco! Come on over here! I have a little sauce here I'd like you to try...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    Describe your perfect day. Details please!!!! The more the better.
    Morning:
    I'm back in my apartment in downtown San Diego near Petco Park. I wake up at 9 with a beautiful guy by my side; the one who got away, perhaps. We spend the next half hour in bed basking in the afterglow of the previous night's exchange. You know, cuddling, stretching, luxuriating, laughing and yawning and pawing away at each other. I convince him to rise from bed when the inviting aromas of akoori come wafting from the kitchen. Akoori is a Parsi (Indian Zoroastrian) scrambled egg dish that takes a while to prepare. I usually reserve it for special occasions, but today feels special.

After the delicious breakfast, the boy relaxes with the NY Times while I head out to Balboa Park for a nice morning run. The air is still crisp and cool, the sky is bright, and the promise of heat lingers. A perfect SD morning.

I return and it's almost mid-day. I find him asleep on the balcony; the half-finished NY Times cross-word puzzle lies open on his bare chest and flutters in the coastal breeze as he gently snores. I sit next to him and take a sip of his mimosa and just enjoy this peaceful moment with him. I get up, careful not to stir him and head to the bathroom for a long, luxurious shower. A few minutes into it, I hear the click of the shower door opening and feel a sharp jet of cold air on my back and another click of the door closing. And then, for the next 20 minutes, it’s just me, the boy, the water, the steam and a slice of cloudless blue in the skylight.

Early Afternoon:
    By noon we are dressed. Well, dressed in bathing shorts and flip flops. We have a beautiful afternoon ahead of us. Then, one by one, and two by two, my people arrive. My friends with whom I’ve spent days like this for the last six summers. The sommelier, the musician, the grad student, the fellow actor, the artist, the advertising executive. They’re all here. We enjoy some sparkling Vouvray and goat cheese and crackers on the balcony and before 1 we gather our towels and gear and head downstairs. We walk from the lobby into the hot mid-day sun as the San Diegan businessmen in their navy blue suits and the women in their sharp heels scurry to the corner deli and the sushi place for a quick lunch before returning to the office for another soul-crushing afternoon. We move between them. Slow, like honey. (As Ms. Apple said.) This is a Wednesday. The middle of the week. But we have planned for this day for months. We move at our own pace. The boys in our shorts and flip flops, the girls in their bathing suit tops with their sun-kissed hair flowing freely.

We drive to the La Jolla Cove for an afternoon of snorkeling.

The boy has never done this before. And it is a pleasure to partake in this familiar activity with someone who has never experienced it before. The sun is out in full force. Bright warm light is everywhere. The water is clear and the schools of fish, varied and colorful. It is, as we had hoped, a beautiful afternoon. After a couple of hours of snorkeling and sun bathing, hunger creeps in. We decide to return to my apartment in downtown San Diego.

Afternoon:
    We take the elevator to my roof. We have the whole rooftop pool area to ourselves. It’s a Wednesday afternoon. My friends dive into the pool for a cool afternoon swim while I fire up the grill with turkey burgers, sausages, orange bell peppers and red onions.

We eat in hungry silence; we were famished. And then we sit back in the reclining chairs and soak up the sun. We sip on sparking Vouvray and Pacificos and we talk of life, art, politics, family, love, of nothing in particular. A permanent hazy smile seems to be plastered on all of our faces. The sting of the warm day and the buzz of the sparking wine and beer hits us and so we lay back and enjoy these slow moments. We know that the rest of our day will be rushed.

Early Evening:
    We dress for the evening. The boys in crisp shirts and pants, the girls in simple but delicately beautiful summer dresses. We climb into the cars and drive a couple of miles to Balboa Park. It is summer. It is time for Shakespeare in the Park at the beautiful outdoor Old Globe Theatre. It will be Much Ado About Nothing. An early evening performance at 6:30. It will be charming and funny and unabashedly romantic and we will be left walking into the cool night air on a lovely high.

We’ll walk rather briskly through Balboa Park, back to the cars and drive straight to the Embarcadero Marina Park. This little slice of green park in the San Diego Bay is the setting for tonight’s main event. An evening with Radiohead.

The lunch and the snorkeling and the Shakespeare were lovely, but this is the event the whole day has been planned around. This is the reason this motley crew is together again.

Grizzly Bear will open as the sun sets over the Coronado Bridge and the skyline of San Diego. They will be enchanting and will be very warmly received. Radiohead will take the stage by 9:30. This will be my tenth time seeing them with this group of friends. And though it perhaps won’t have that first thrill of the Greek Theatre or that overwhelming emotion felt at the Coors Amipitheatre during their first San Diego show in over a decade, Radiohead will be sublime. Thom will be in fine voice and spirit and the band will play with a muscular assuredness even stronger and more defined than before. After the 3rd and final encore, we will walk slowly back to our cars in silence. We don’t need to speak. We all understand. Loving Radiohead is as simple as loving your mum. You don’t need to explain it.

Late Evening:
    We’re starving and it’s nearly midnight. For some odd reason, one of my favorite restaurants in town has decided to stay open late. We drive to Candelas. It’s a high-end Mexican fusion concept. A warmly lit, lushly romantic interior, exceptional service and beautifully prepared food.

I will have the pechuga de pato lucrecia, succulent duck breast baked, fan sliced, served with mashed potatoes and vegetables in a tropical passion fruit sauce. Yummers!

We’ll then walk a few blocks over to San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter.

My friend Patrick, the sommelier, seems to know every doorman in this city. He’ll get us to the front of the line and we’ll spend the last hour of the night dancing to the throb of chemical brothers, surkin, mstrkrft and crookers in one of the Gaslamp Quarter clubs.

Early Morning:
    My friends will then say good night and head back to their cars. The boy and I will walk the few blocks back to my apartment arm in arm, our eyes and ears buzzing with remnants of sunlight, saltwater, Shakespeare and Radiohead. It will be late, and we will tear our clothes off and we will claw at each other hungrily and then fall asleep, our legs tangled. And we’ll wake in the dark of early morning and we will make love again and again and again. And I will wake up the next morning, my hair matted, my skin pink and flush in the hot air and a smile that I won’t be able to shake for a good 48 hours.

That, Pixiessp, would be my perfect summer day.