Page 117 of 454 FirstFirst ... 112113114115116117118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 13591

Thread: Get to know your fellow board members....

Default Re: Get to know your fellow board members....

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Barb,

Last I remembered I think you were heading out east for school, but I have the feeling your plans have been changing a lot lately. If you had a crystal ball that could show you your future 5 years from now, what/where would you (reasonably) see yourself as/at?
    Don't trip, I'm still moving! And really soon, too. I think I'll be gone by the end of July. And 5 years from now... I should be done with my BS in nursing. Hopefully I'll be back in LA and working at Cedars-Sinai, stitching up Ludacris' bullet wounds and stuff. Or be mafia doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Herro,

Pretend like your talking to someone whos never been to Coachella but has been to massives what the Sahara Tent is like. If I have to phrase it in the form of a question: If you were talking to someone whos been to massives but never to Coachella, how would you describe The Sahara Tent? (Besides it smells.)
    The music is infinitely better and the people are much more chill and better looking. Everyone is also more reckless because they are at Coachella The rave spirit is still definitely very strong, though! There is less nudity at Coachella, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    HI Barb!
    some random questions.

whats your Favorite Restaurant?? What do you order? what would you recommend?

when was the last time you did some thing dangerous?
    My favorite restaurant is this wonderfully delightful Thai place called Thai House. They make the BEST boba and thai milk teas I've ever encountered. Their pad see ew dish would be my "if you were stuck on an island and could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be" food. Avocado rolls are bites of heaven, too. Definitely try the pad see ew or pad thai at any Thai place; I feel that those 2 dishes are the scale of how good a Thai restaurant is.

I get extremely nervous when I gun yellow lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

wow this thread is cool. Ok if this was already asked them im sorry but i dont think it has..just ignore me if it was

Barbara whats your favirote music group of all time, dj band anything?

Whats your favirote concert youve ever been too?
    NYE 08 unforgetable
    Shows :
    DJ HEADSTRUCK - 1/31/09 - Mr. Dylanjas house
    Hard 13 - 3/13/09 - LA Shrine!
    Coachella - April 17,18,19
    NIN/Jane's Addiction - Phoenix, AZ - 5/15
    Kings Of Leon - Mesa Amphitheatre, Mesa, AZ - May 19, 2009
    The Crystal Method - May 26 2009 - 8:00P-House of Blues-San Diego, CA
    MGMT-Prospect Park Bandshell- Brooklyn, NY - JULY 1st
    Deadmau5 - Marquee Theater - Phoenix, AZ - Nov 2nd

Ms. Kitty,

what is your favorite rainy-day record?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Barbara,
    Wow, although our meeting was brief at Coachella this year, my first impression of you, (Other than being able to get all the guys to enlist in the Navy in a heartbeat) was you're like the lead party girl, head cheerleader, and raving maniac, all rolled into one...
    After reading your answers and responses in this thread so far, I'm impressed with your intelligence, your ability to be whitty while remaining classy in doing so, and you seem to know exactly which direction you'd like your life to go...

So I ask you, how do you manage to keep all of these traits in balance?

BTW...I think your personality just screams, "Apple Martini, please!" I highly recommend them if your "Organic Fun-gus" isn't available!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Brokendoll, stop passing my statements off as "Brokendoll'isms".

Barb, which stereotype about Asians do you find most offensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

If you could completely remove someone's vocal chords for a year, who would you choose?

Nice one, Algunz.

Which is more ridiculously entertaining, cats getting stuck in things or goats falling off things?

Also, who would win in a fight between an astronaut and a caveman?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

barbara, tell us about the one that got away. if there isn't one that got away, tell us about your biggest regret

also, if you were a mad scientist, what would be your most famous discovery that ultimate leads to your madness?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

What's your favorite/ least favorite stereotype?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

which of these 3 coconut shells is the red ball under?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

No, don't, it's a trick!!!

don't ruin it MP !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

My apologies for bursting your bubble, MJA, but your statement wasn't actually bold enough to be an actual Brokendoll'ism. I do appreciate though, the fact that you've pointed out the need for replacement in my sig...BRB
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Herro Kitty,
    Please take us on a trip through the musical phases of your life. What did you listen to growing up? How has your taste in music changed over the years?

HerroKitty, (Barbara)
    You've just won an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world that includes an unlimited spending account for entertainment, souvenirs, etc...There's just one glitch in the small print...It's only good for 3 days.
    Where would you go and how would you spend such a large sum of money in that short of time?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMatador View Post
    wow this thread is cool. Ok if this was already asked them im sorry but i dont think it has..just ignore me if it was

Barbara whats your favirote music group of all time, dj band anything?

Whats your favirote concert youve ever been too?
    Arcade Fire never fails to gives me goosebumps when I listen to them. They sound like the sun rising after your darkest night.

It was November 1, 2006. OK Go played at the Glass House. This was before their treadmill video came out. One of my best friends insisted that they would be amazing; the rest of us never heard them before. Needless to say, they fuckin' blew me away. That was the most fun show I've ever been to. I guess having all your best friends there helps tremendously, too. I caught a tambourine there that I still bring to all their shows. This show singlehandedly catapulted me into my addiction with live music.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Ms. Kitty,

what is your favorite rainy-day record?
    Hmm... it's been a while since it rained, but I love listening to "And Their Refinement of the Decline" by Stars of the Lid when it does. I feel that it's what the sky is saying when it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Barbara,
    Wow, although our meeting was brief at Coachella this year, my first impression of you, (Other than being able to get all the guys to enlist in the Navy in a heartbeat) was you're like the lead party girl, head cheerleader, and raving maniac, all rolled into one...
    After reading your answers and responses in this thread so far, I'm impressed with your intelligence, your ability to be whitty while remaining classy in doing so, and you seem to know exactly which direction you'd like your life to go...

So I ask you, how do you manage to keep all of these traits in balance?

BTW...I think your personality just screams, "Apple Martini, please!" I highly recommend them if your "Organic Fun-gus" isn't available!
    Aw, Beverlydoll, thank you. You flatter me too much!

I do love to party I know that the time I have right now is really precious and I want to make sure I thoroughly enjoy it so I don't have regrets later. I live in the general LA area too, so there's always something to do every night. The temptation to give up my all my responsibilities and go out every day is almost a little too much for me. And I wish I could say that it's because of my iron willpower and my determination to succeed that I still try hard in school and stuff, but honestly, my parents still beat me if I fuck up So they hound me until I come home every night. They have called the cops before and said I stole their car!! Sigh. They're getting more old and tired though, and I'm just beginning my peak But of course, it's because of them that I'm trying so hard. I want to be able to buy them a mansion when I start making money. They've done so much, sacrificed so many things so my brother and I could have a great life. And I'm eternally grateful. I'm keeping it real for them

This is so fun! I should examine my life more often. I'll answer the rest when I get back from school!

What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Barbara, is it true?

Herro,

If Will Ferrel is a bumbling bafoon, tell us some comedians you find enjoyable.

Herkitty...in your vibrant young life...have you had an experience that has rudely awaken you to the brutal realities of life???

describe to us what your perfectly ideal birthday celebration would be (money is not an issue it can be frugal or all out disgustingly expensive)

Barbara, who is your biggest female celebrity crush and why?

Ninja-girl, what is your favorite dessert?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

barbara, who would win in a fight between an asparagus and a beet? explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Also, I honestly don't know what to order at a bar.. so I don't drink often because of that... so I never know what to order... It's a vicious cycle. Help me break it!
    Stick with the Long Islands, trust me.

Top 5 people you'd like to shank in a dark back alley?

That we're rude. Or that the older generation is. It's not fair, though. Asian immigrants don't usually speak English and it's really scary out here to begin with! So we'll try to avoid making conversation with Americans, which looks rude, I guess. All the other stereotypes of being Asian are good but everyone says them like they're derogatory. People say that Asians are good at math and that we're cheap. What's wrong with being good at math? That's a great trait! And being cheap is just being wise on spending. Just because Asians save money doesn't mean that they're terrible people.

But oh well. I'm trying to break them all by being shitty in math while blowing money on frivolous things and being really gregarious

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    If you could completely remove someone's vocal chords for a year, who would you choose?
    Cedric Bixler-Zavala. He sounds like a dying cat scratching a chalkboard next to a baby screeching for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Nice one, Algunz.

Which is more ridiculously entertaining, cats getting stuck in things or goats falling off things?

Also, who would win in a fight between an astronaut and a caveman?
    Cats getting stuck in things! Cats are the cutest creatures on Earth to begin with, so anything they do will be entertaining. Also, it's so interesting to see how they can contort their bodies to fit even the slimmest of openings.

Astronaut vs Caveman depends on a few things: is this fight taking place in space or in a cave? Is the astronaut in a space suit or is it just a regular human with an astronaut's education? Does the caveman have a weapon?

time for random, and this is my first time posting in this thread but i love barbara so i felt the need.

barbara, do you have any scars? which is your favorite? how did you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

What's the one thing you wish you'd said at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    barbara, tell us about the one that got away. if there isn't one that got away, tell us about your biggest regret

also, if you were a mad scientist, what would be your most famous discovery that ultimate leads to your madness?
    Aw, the one that got away... ;__;

... I just realized that there are spies ... bloop.

Biggest regret- losing my virginity to a complete asshole that took advantage of my naivete. I was too young. Why do all girls have the same story? Sigh.

And I wouldn't mind becoming crazy after discovering faster-than-light space travel @_@ That would be so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    What's your favorite/ least favorite stereotype?
    Least favorite is that we're bad drivers.

My favorite stereotype is that Asian girls are kinky.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    which of these 3 coconut shells is the red ball under?
    *Flips the table over and punches Bug in the face and runs with his money
    Last edited by herro kitty; 05-07-2009 at 02:04 AM.

"My favorite stereotype is that Asian girls are kinky."

I have not heard this stereotype. Approved.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Aw, the one that got away... ;__;

I was looking for a Together As One 2008 ticket on Craigslist and found his post (he was the only person that was charging face value, wee).

*Flips the table over and punches Bug in the face and runs with his money
    Haha
    I liked when you told me that story on the way to Coach but you started it out different. Hahaha

Hahaha Steeling Bug's money is pretty ghetto but smart

What would be your dream job/career?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Barbara, is it true?
    All the stories you heard........... 100% true

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Herro,

If Will Ferrel is a bumbling bafoon, tell us some comedians you find enjoyable.
    Stephen Colbert is my love muffin. I love Chris Rock too.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    Herkitty...in your vibrant young life...have you had an experience that has rudely awaken you to the brutal realities of life???

describe to us what your perfectly ideal birthday celebration would be (money is not an issue it can be frugal or all out disgustingly expensive)
    Well, last year, I was a foot away from getting mugged in South Central. I should have known better! I went to this pseudo rave in an abandoned warehouse with my cholos but of course, it was really sketchy so we left. There was 5 of us, and 3 guys walked a little ahead to the car and stood around. My other friend and I were only maybe 5 steps back. These Latino gangsters came from out of the shadows and I'll be honest, I thought they were all friends :x So I kept walking all chill towards them when I heard, "Give me your hat! And your chain! Where's your wallet bitch?" and I saw a knife flash. I was so surprised that I gasped really loudly and everyone turned to me and one guy stepped towards me @_@ So I quickly ran across the street! Thank God a distant police siren started blaring (which was probably for the party) so the muggers ran off. Luckily no one was hurt. That really burst my invincibility bubble. I carry pepper spray around now. Meep.

Ultimate birthday bash?? That's easy. I'd rent a huge cruiseliner and invite every single person I like And we would party our way across the Pacific and spend some time in Hawaii but eventually hit MOTHERLAND (Japan) and go nuts. We'll play with giant robots, eat the best sushi in the world, sing karaoke, and play Dance Dance Revolution with the masters! We could watch Kabuki theater and enjoy cherry blossoms... sigh. I love Japan.

Man, Chrissy, your questions make me giddy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    Barbara, who is your biggest female celebrity
    crush and why?
    I don't keep up with celebrities, at all, but I think Angelina Jolie is the luckiest lady in the world. I don't care what all the haters say, I think she is still really hot! And she gets to steal children from all over the world! And I still have the hots for Brad Pitt.

C'mon, who doesn't want to get in the middle of that?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Ninja-girl, what is your favorite dessert?
    Flan. Hands down.