Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underworld/Chemical Brothers/Prodigy/Groove Armada/Basement Jaxx

Cool Underworld/Chemical Brothers/Prodigy/Groove Armada/Basement Jaxx

All of these groups at Coachella would be heavenly...but unlikely, considering that they're all potential Sahara headliners and probably require top dollar. What do you guys think the chances are of 3 of these bands playing on this hallowed weekend? What about 4?

Default Re: Underworld/Chemical Brothers/Prodigy/Groove Armada/Basement Jaxx

Prodigy, please

Prodigy, Basement Jaxx I would say are probably likely (hopefully) for Coachella. And even though I would love to see Chemical Brothers, Groove Aramada, and Underworld at Coachella, I think Bonnaroo is going to grab one of them for their late night sets in 2009.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Talking Re: Underworld/Chemical Brothers/Prodigy/Groove Armada/Basement Jaxx

Quote Originally Posted by oftheheartofthesoul View Post
    Prodigy, please
    Prodigy would be dope!!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

One is probable and two would be really sweet but more than that is getting greedy and unrealistic.

Basement Jaxx seem realistic, as they have 10 shows lined up in the UK in February.
    And supposedly a new album coming around that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

I don't understand the need to make a thread about something that you don't think is going to happen.

The Prodigy just have to be there, and I think they will be. Probably Basement Jaxx too. The others seem unlikely, but I hope Underworld is there too.

Underworld and the prodigy would slay Basement Jaxx would just be crazy!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    One is probable and two would be really sweet but more than that is getting greedy and unrealistic.
    True indeed. Im glad most people on the boards right now are on the same page with Prodigy; Underworld and Basement Jaxx seem to be more understated. And I just dont even wanna mention D*** P*** cuz of the hype... even 2+ years later
    Sell my guitars!? Would you tell Picasso to sell his guitars?

basement jaxx and groove armada plz. and chem bros. i dont particularly care for underworld

I have a feeling that the Sahara Headliners will look like this:

Friday: Basement Jaxx
    Saturday: The Prodigy
    Sunday: Armin Van Buuren (opposite Bowie or whatever massive headliner plays Sunday)
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

The Prodigy...mhm.........heaven.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Rabbit in the Moon?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

I think the Prodigy and Chemical Brothers are pretty likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

YES, YES, YES, YES, and YES PLEAS!!!...I saw Underworld at All Points West this year, killer set, not long enough and should have been at night...Groove Armada I have wanted to see ever since I saw their Brixton DVD....and Basement Jaxx, well all you have to do is take a looksy at their Glastonbury footage.....oooh weeee!!!!!!!!!

"Ummm...I am not going to rehab becuase I won't be out for Coachella Festival..."

Why is 3 out of 5 unlikely? Last year had Kraftwerk/Aphex Twin/Fatboy slim, who are all basically on par with the guys I named as for as name recognition goes.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I have a feeling that the Sahara Headliners will look like this:

Friday: Basement Jaxx
    Saturday: The Prodigy
    Sunday: Armin Van Buuren (opposite Bowie or whatever massive headliner plays Sunday)
    I figure Prodigy could probably rock the main stage, their frontmen (if you can call them that...) love running around the stage, and the Sahara tent isn't as well equipped for the intense ADD technofreak we know as Keith Flint. They could go directly before or after whatever hard rock/metal (Metallica, NiN, etc) band gets slotted in as a headliner. I could also see Armin (who seems like a lock at this point to be at Coachella given that Tiesto, PVD, Above & Beyond, Sasha & Digweed, et al have been there the last two years) playing the main stage ala Tiesto in 2007, but that one could go either way, really. Ferry Corsten seems like another solid bet for the 2008 trance act.

All in all, I realllllly hope the Chemical Brothers show up. Seems fairly likely considering that they're veterans who haven't been there in awhile, but I would still be happy with a Basement Jaxx/Prodigy/Groove Armada type deal.

Chemical Brothers!! Let's make it happen

Basement Jaxx are so fucking good

Underworld blew me away at APW, I would love to see them again at Coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    Why is 3 out of 5 unlikely? Last year had Kraftwerk/Aphex Twin/Fatboy slim, who are all basically on par with the guys I named as for as name recognition goes.

I figure Prodigy could probably rock the main stage, their frontmen (if you can call them that...) love running around the stage, and the Sahara tent isn't as well equipped for the intense ADD technofreak we know as Keith Flint. They could go directly before or after whatever hard rock/metal (Metallica, NiN, etc) band gets slotted in as a headliner. I could also see Armin (who seems like a lock at this point to be at Coachella given that Tiesto, PVD, Above & Beyond, Sasha & Digweed, et al have been there the last two years) playing the main stage ala Tiesto in 2007, but that one could go either way, really. Ferry Corsten seems like another solid bet for the 2008 trance act.

All in all, I realllllly hope the Chemical Brothers show up. Seems fairly likely considering that they're veterans who haven't been there in awhile, but I would still be happy with a Basement Jaxx/Prodigy/Groove Armada type deal.

Love the Noobies, The Prodigy in my opinion should play the Main, but I doubt they will do that. They played the Sahara in 2005 and it was the place where I felt my soul leave my body and puke down my throat. it was awesome. They also have a new allbum coming out soon. There is no reason for the Chems to be there since they have nothing to tour off of. The Basement Jaxx seem likely since it has been 5 years since they were here last, they are touring at the begining of the year, I think for a new album, and they absolutely LOVED playing in 2004. Underworld, they haven't been there since 2003 (my first, ahhhhhhhh) and it is about time for them to return. They got stolen from us for APW last year (you know it's true) so hopefully we'll get them back for this year. Groove Armada also hasn't been here since 2003 and since I missed them at Glastonbury since I was being owned by The Verve I would really love to see them play the Outdoor Theater.

Other notable hopeful inclusions

Felix Da Housecat
    Hercules and Love Affair
    The Prairie Cartel
    Jonboy
    The Presets
    Soulwax
    Hey Champ
    Last edited by shotglass75; 10-21-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Don't forget Crystal Castles, they seem EXTREMELY likely to me too.

But yeah, Caochella is on a streak of putting a notably huge dance act on the main stage(last two Saturdays, I wasn't around for 06 and earlier). Who could do it? The Prodigy? I have no clue...

Quote Originally Posted by DrDank551 View Post

O MAI... Basement Jaxx would be so mint on the main stage!

As much as The Prodigy on the main stage makes sense, them in the Sahara would be reasons #2 and #3 to go to Coachella this time around!

...Chem Bros would probably play main stage.

Coachella Junkie

Prodigy can play the mainstage only if they play last like Tiesto did in 2007.

I don't want to try to go crazy for them but then deal with people around me who are just waiting for the headliner.

I personally want them in the Sahara though.

Prodigy, Groove Armada, and Basement Jaxx seem the most likely to me as they all have tours planned for 2009.

prodigy please #1

then underworld/chems

jaxx/ga last on my list

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I would like to check out Groove Armada...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

GA's dj set at sunset a few years back was indeed epic - but their live show sucked ass the year later...