Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: MY 12-STEPS to SURVIVING 4000+ POSTS and SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT...

Default Re: MY 12-STEPS to SURVIVING 4000+ POSTS and SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT...

Here's my point: I've never seen two people sitting at a table in a coffee shop having a basic discussion about a topic, and then suddenly one of the people says, "fuck off douche, you're a ***, STFU!". I've seen this happen more times on this message board than I care to count.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Default Re: MY 12-STEPS to SURVIVING 4000+ POSTS and SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    go F yourself in the A.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I don't get it, it's the most sane post she has ever made. One might argue the irony of the ettiquete discussion after seeing her post this in two threads but it certainly doesn't come off as insane. It just looks like a long over due explanation. Insight into an older persons dealings with the interwebs and a bunch of obsene juveniles like ourselves.
    dead on, man.

for a second I thought I was the only person that could understand her post. I understood every word. I've always understood her. her angle on the irrevent offensiveness of this type of online communication has, in the past, been (I think intentionally) misinterpreted as insanity or senility. I have an easier time understanding her than most people on here.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    dead on, man.

for a second I thought I was the only person that could understand her post. I understood every word. I've always understood her. her angle on the irrevent offensiveness of this type of online communication has, in the past, been (I think intentionally) misinterpreted as insanity or senility. I have an easier time understanding her than most people on here.

That is because you are a fcking moron who tries super hard to be liked on the internet, just like her.

Paganman, your post has nothing to do with the topic at hand. I suggest if you don't like how strangers type words on the internet you should start a thread about it to cry in instead of mucking up this one.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    yeah, this is a fucking pity party for sure.

this picture is aaamaaazing

like you.

tee hee.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM
    And he wanted to make absolutely sure RANDY that is was you RANDY who he was addressing. Haha.

I don't mind BrokenDoll just as long as she doesn't post anymore creepy guitar videos.

Even if we had run into Randy, we probably would have shared a laugh at seeing the real Randy as opposed to the internet Randy. And, really...I'm no guitar virtuoso, but I thought I'd just share another imperfect part of me to show that I'm no different than alot of you...Okay, maybe older and senile, but c'mon...doesn't it make you good to know that good times don't have to stop because of age?

I guess I shoulda put like a smiley face or something at the end of that. I don't actually care one way or the other about your guitar playing, I was just fucking around. You're much better at it than I am.

What I like about this board, for the most part, is you can rip on someone and they can rip you back and it can be all in good fun. Then you can talk about something serious. A lot of times in the same day. I give Sushy a lot of shit, but I have nothing against him. He can give it right back then we'll talk about whatever and it's all good.

In other words, BD, shut the fuck up! And I'll totally buy you a beer at Coachella next year and shoot the shit.

I have never understood why people get so pissy with others on a message board. It makes no sense to me. Life in the real world is shitty enough and then people go to find drama on a message board. I come here to laugh and post in whatever threads I don't see getting too serious. Some people laugh, some people talk shit, the shit talkers are usually the most fun. But I would never let it get to me. That being said, Brokendoll, you have always given me a good giggle so thanks for being you. And if people have an issue with you then that is their issue, don't let it ruin your day. Maybe someone just pee'd in thier cheerios or something. Who knows.

And if I run into any of you at coachella, those who hate me or like me, lets get a beer and smoke a bowl together and then talk shit again next year at this time.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    Anyone who tries this hard and actually cares what people on the internet think of them, people they will most likely never meet or have a meaningful relationship with in real life have fcking deep deep mental and life issues.
    She has met people and would like to meet more. If you are going to bash her at least have a legit reason. Why does her posting mean she has deep mental issues and life issues? I would argue you do for pretending to be some expert in psychoanalysis.

Maybe you just find it fun to rip on people. Lors knows sometimes I do too but stop pretending you are some expert when you can't even get the facts straight. You can spend a large amount of time on a message board communicating with people and intend or hope to meet them some day without being some mentally damaged person like you think.

Here's my point: I've never seen two people sitting at a table in a coffee shop having a basic discussion about a topic, and then suddenly one of the people says, "fuck off douche, you're a ***, STFU!". I've seen this happen more times on this message board than I care to count.
    those aren't 'alter egos' or 'fake personalities'. it's just a matter of style appropriate to the setting. You can be having a beer with your best buddy and tell him "you're so fucking full of shit" and burst out laughing. but I doubt you'd say that to grandma at thanksgiving.

I mean, yeah, I get it, there are the internet tough guys who are quivering globs of goo in real life. But I've met probably 25-30 board members in person and I don't see the disparity between online and 'real' personalities you describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You know how when you don't like someone for being boring or stupid or obnoxious in your workplace or school, you have to tolerate their interruptions?

The internet isn't like that. Go fuck yourself Brokendoll.
    COCKSUCKER!

COCKSUCKER!

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    dead on, man.

Yep, that's what led me to finally ask. Weird indeed. A lot of it is not being able to recognize tone, facial expressions and all that other bullshit. I find it hard to tell if people are fucking around or not on more than one occasion. I see Amyzzz getting shit talked to her all the time and she talks it right back too. It's a lot of internet bullying going on and i'm the motherfucking police!

lulz @ me

old school

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    She has met people and would like to meet more. If you are going to bash her at least have a legit reason. Why does her posting mean she has deep mental issues and life issues? I would argue you do for pretending to be some expert in psychoanalysis.

Maybe you just find it fun to rip on people. Lors knows sometimes I do too but stop pretending you are some expert when you can't even get the facts straight. You can spend a large amount of time on a message board communicating with people and intend or hope to meet them some day without being some mentally damaged person like you think.
    Weren't you the one who started all of this by asking why people found her annoying? By asking that, you showed that you didn't know, weren't around, and didn't see anything in the past related to this issue. But now you are the expert on her past posts? I don't need to be an expert in psychoanalysis to see that there is something mentally wrong with BD. A simple minor in psychology would allow this analysis. Most people who have seen this trainwreck from the start know exactly what I'm talking about. They may not come out and say it, but they know.

As far as getting my facts str8, once again, you are the one who brought this whole thing up. You are the one who didn't have "the facts" on BD. You like her, good for you. But do you see what your simple question has caused? Another worthless martyr thread. Its funny someone used the word "martyr" on this thread, because that is exactly what I used to tell BD she was trying to be everytime someone "ripped" on her.

Yes, you are correct about spending time on line and wanting to meet someone in person. To the extend that BD takes it, to the effort she puts into it, and how she cares so much about what people think of her on the internet, I have no problem saying that something is mentally wrong with her.

Cheers, my fren.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

those aren't 'alter egos' or 'fake personalities'. it's just a matter of style appropriate to the setting. You can be having a beer with your best buddy and tell him "you're so fucking full of shit" and burst out laughing. but I doubt you'd say that to grandma at thanksgiving.

I mean, yeah, I get it, there are the internet tough guys who are quivering globs of goo in real life. But I've met probably 25-30 board members in person and I don't see the disparity between online and 'real' personalities you describe.

QFT. All of it. Though, I've only met 2 board members in person. And both were really fucking cool. Well, Marco is a little creepy. And locachica is a raving beeyotch! But yeah, cool people.

your just mad that i kicked your ass at pool. whatevah!!!!

I met locachica. she seemed shy.

Never mind us, loca. Pretend we're not here talking about you like you're not here.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

man, this thread got school girl fighty gay pretty quick.

can I get you a latte, Calmer?

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    man, this thread got school girl fighty gay pretty quick.

How did it start out?

I met locachica. she seemed shy.

Never mind us, loca. Pretend we're not here talking about you like you're not here.
    wow i had never been accused of being shy. actually I was in strange form that day. I am not usually that quiet. The other Tom will attest to that.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Yes, you are correct about spending time on line and wanting to meet someone in person. To the extend that BD takes it, to the effort she puts into it, and how she cares so much about what people think of her on the internet, I have no problem saying that something is mentally wrong with her.
    and in real life, you have to do the same thing with people who try too hard to make friends. it comes off as desperate and weird. think the cable guy. my mom forced me to be friends with a girl who had serious social problems as a kid. this girl tried WAY too hard to be friends with people and was overly touchy-feely. i felt bad for the girl and had to invite her to every party or event i had, but all that happened was she'd come over and all the other girls would rip on her ruthlessly. and yet this girl would still come over. it was painful for me to watch and i felt completely fake trying to force a friendship with someone who bothered me. that's not fair to her at all either. she deservd to find real friends who appreciated her for who she was, not because her mom made them hang out.

my point is, there is something mentally wrong with someone who keeps coming back to a board where most of the members who post frequently either have you on ignore or bash you at every post just like there's something wrong with someone who in real life keeps going back to a group of "friends" that only berate you.

i find BD strange, but she never got to me personally until i started dating randy and she wouldn't stop making comments & jokes as though she knew us personally. she also, in my opinion, is obsessed with randy. and in real life, wouldn't you think there was something fucked up with an old woman who was obsessed with a guy in his twenties who constantly treats her like shit?

so that's my perspective. i try to be friendly and will talk to most anyone who talks to me, even if i find them a bit annoying. but that also gets me into trouble in real life as i have had stalkers and lots of uncomfortable situations as a result. so sometimes, it's ok to just say that person isn't for you. we don't all have to hold hands and sing kumbaya here.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    your just mad that i kicked your ass at pool. whatevah!!!!
    Haha, I don't even remember who won. I just remember Waffle House.

BrokenDoll, shut up and stand up for yourself. And let's smoke a bowl at the Polo Grounds next year. (back on topic)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    How did it start out?
    school girl fighty gay. hehe

can I get you a latte, Calmer?
    us frat d-bags only chew on coffee beans and glass. thanks though

wow i had never been accused of being shy. actually I was in strange form that day. I am not usually that quiet. The other Tom will attest to that.

*attesting*

old school

great post, chairmen

Weren't you the one who started all of this by asking why people found her annoying? By asking that, you showed that you didn't know, weren't around, and didn't see anything in the past related to this issue. But now you are the expert on her past posts? I don't need to be an expert in psychoanalysis to see that there is something mentally wrong with BD. A simple minor in psychology would allow this analysis. Most people who have seen this trainwreck from the start know exactly what I'm talking about. They may not come out and say it, but they know.
    Yes, I asked why she was hated so much. Some people explained why she was annoying, then she stated her point of view. I never said I was an expert on her posts. You are combining a lot of different things here. It's a big message board, I simply wondered if I missed anything. Apparently I missed a few things but nothing to represent that she is deeply disturbed as you are saying. If you have some info about why you think she is disturbed please share, i'm of the opinion she's not nearly as fucking nuts as some folks on here, that's all.

As far as getting my facts str8, once again, you are the one who brought this whole thing up. You are the one who didn't have "the facts" on BD. You like her, good for you. But do you see what your simple question has caused? Another worthless martyr thread. Its funny someone used the word "martyr" on this thread, because that is exactly what I used to tell BD she was trying to be everytime someone "ripped" on her.
    Why are you so angry? There are plenty of worthless threads but this one for some reason stands out most to you? You seem like you have a vendetta. So you are of the opinion that when people rip on someone, the person getting their asshole ripped is trying to be some internet martyr? How silly. How exactly would that work? Would she be gone one day and all of the sudden a bunch of people are going to start worshipping her? I think you are reading way to fucking much into all of this. It's pretty simple from where i'm sitting. She had trouble fitting in with a bunch of smart ass fucks like me and you and she just wanted to hang out here on the board and make some friends. All the psychonalysis is silly IMO.

Cheers, my fren.
    I don't quite get the amount time thing though. It's not like she's begging for friends in all of her posts. She's simply participating. I don't think wanting to meet people and posting all day makes her a lunatic that's all i'm saying.

It could have been the fact that I was frickin high when we met, next time I meet the Phoenix group I will smoke a joint in the car first. I just have to make sure there are not too many family type people wherever we meet, that wigged me the fuck out.

I am not usually that quiet. The other Tom will attest to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    *attesting*
    is she a screamer or a moaner Tom?