Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Debate Thread

Default Re: The Official Final Debate Thread

I think you'll find he's reassuringly beige.

I would go with mocha w/creme.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

The murder capital where we murder for capital

hmm white chocolate mocha maybe

It doesn't really matter about the specifics. He's dark enough to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    QFT!!! LOL. "I'm worried that when he becomes president, the black will take over"
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

would it be "The Black"?

On a side note, I was walking my dog last night and I saw a McCain/Palin sign in someones front yard. I cringed a little. Don't know why, it was strange. I've never had a reaction like that for any political sign.

Quote Originally Posted by bullokz View Post
    I lol'd at the debate reactions of snarky 20 year olds and 19 year olds of this board. They are actually expecting a Martyrdom Debate.
    Nobody's expecting martyrs in the White House. But it would be nice to have someone running for president who could at least reassure us that they're not going to bomb China because China said their inaugural suit made their butt look big. Martyrs, no. But how about adults? I'd settle for that.

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    I disagree.
    It's not up for debate. It's not my opinion that he was laughing, it's the truth. Watch it again.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 10-16-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

my thoughts...

first, i hate how people give mccain and palin props simply for not eating obama alive on stage. i'm sorry, but mccain cannot form complete thoughts. when obama speaks, he tells you where his statement is going and follows that train of thought, and for the most part, actually answers the question. policy aside, he wins every debate for me for this reason alone.

i agree that we're just picking the lesser of two evils. obama has grown on me though. he appears to be himself. he answers the questions. his responses generally relate to the question and follow a cohesive thought pattern. he remains calm. and while he is a bit childish like mccain is in some situations, i think the only proper response to some of the bullshit mccain keeps spouting is to scoff. it's ridiculous. obama states his tax plan, and then mccain makes points that are different from what obama just said. how else is obama supposed to react? believe me, i have NOT been one of his groupies at ALL this election, but he is growing on me simply because he appears to be himself and speaks calmly and well.

mccain on the other hand last night made it very clear that he wasn't "independent mavrick mccain" but instead "i am the standard conservative party representative". when he speaks, he seems so emotional or frustrated, he can't convey his thoughts well at all. he kept touting out his standard "now we're not going to cover the gold plated cadillac plans that cover cosmetic surgery and all that", but then he even went on to include transplants in that statement!!! TRANSPLANTS?! my friend at 14 had kidney failure and was on dialysis for several hours every.day one summer. i'm sure she didn't view that kidney transplant as cosmetic. he probably didn't MEAN to say that, but jesus christ, as the leader of the free world, you can't just start spouting off whatever comes to your head until someone tells you your time is up. you have to present your case in a logical manner that appears to be thought out.

the whole joe the plummer thing is retarded too. i heard on diane rehm (sp?) this morning that he's not even REGISTERED TO VOTE! is that true? another good point on her show this morning was a letter from some random lady. she said "my husband doesn't have a job. we don't know if we'll have health care for our daughter. we're worried about paying our mortgage payments. and if joe the plummer's biggest problem is that he has to wait a few years to buy his business, then he is truly blessed". i thought that was a great point.

i do doubt some of obama's plans to do a sort of blanket tax on larger businesses. we're losing a lot of businesses in this country to the rest of the world, so we really have to be careful with this attitude.

the abortion thing was interesting too. i hate how the right is so staunchly against abortion for anyone, and yet they preach abstinence only education and think that unwed mothers are going to hell. not to mention that they may not even have the healthcare they need to carry a baby to term. i would love to see more alternatives to abortions. preventitive eduation, proper health care and most importantly, a society that is accepting of a woman who chooses to put her baby up for adoption.

until a woman feels comfortable with the stigma of having a child she doesn't want, how will she ever feel comfortable walking around for 9 months to give the baby up for adoption? we need to be more open in our conversations about pregnancy in this society. i'm not talking about rape pregnancies or extreme situations, i'm talking about the majority of us who might just get knocked up because of a simply mistake. why would we go through the hassle of carrying a baby to term, which requires a physical attribute that people will confront us about, when we could just secretly get an abortion and never have to live up to the shame of our family or co-workers? THAT is the REAL issue with aboriton.

people don't always want to kill their babies. i hate how the right tends to make the choice seem so easy. i'm not saying doing all these things will completely eliminate aboritons, but the right really needs to open up those christian compassionate arms and embrace these women so they feel comfortable choosing adoption. roe v. wade was THIRTY FIVE YEARS AGO. let's stop arguing over that and start finding other ways to reach out to these women.

and i don't think anyone did well on education. throwing money at the problem and vouchers ain't gonna cut it.

bottom line, i'm voting for obama. he's naive on foreign policy, but he's grown on me. in february i remember a friend of a friend berating me because i didn't know who i wanted to vote for and because i felt obama hadn't clearly stated his plan. well, obama has clearly defined most of his plans of attack and he's done it calmly and collectively. imagine if obama reacted like mccain to attacks. imagine if obama flew off the handle everytime someone calls him a terrorist or uses a racial slur or something. he doesn't. he reacts calmly and clearly states his objectives. and that is what we need right now. we've had a hot-headed, aggressive asshole who can't put two sentances together for too long now. we need a little calmness in these unstable times.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Nice, well thought out analysis and a good honest opinion. You did leave out Ayers and Acorn. Obama and Ayers made bombs in ayers living room and Obama gave Acorn 800,000 dollars to find crack heads to register fake names and then they will get fake id's that say Tony Romo and Mickey Mouse and dress these crackheads up as such and try to pull the greatest hoax evah!!!

until a woman feels comfortable with the stigma of having a child she doesn't want, how will she ever feel comfortable walking around for 9 months to give the baby up for adoption?
    The thing is, being pregnant and giving birth to a baby can be very dangerous for the mother. It's an incredible strain on the body. All that plus the stigma of being an unwed mother (or whatever the situation is)....I can see how abortion can be an option for someone. Until someone comes up with birth control that is 100% fail-proof, I think there will always be someone who wants an abortion. My grandma almost died from having an illegal abortion. She was an incredibly poor single mother with 7 children already during the Great Depression -- what else was she to do? My mom and her little brother already had to live with their aunt for several years just to survive.

and i don't think anyone did well on education. throwing money at the problem and vouchers ain't gonna cut it.
    You didn't like Obama's community- service-to-pay-for-college plan? Or how both candidates want teachers to be kicked out if they're not meeting standards?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The thing is, being pregnant and giving birth to a baby can be very dangerous for the mother. It's an incredible strain on the body. All that plus the stigma of being an unwed mother (or whatever the situation is)....I can see how abortion can be an option for someone. Until someone comes up with birth control that is 100% fail-proof, I think there will always be someone who wants an abortion. My grandma almost died from having an illegal abortion. She was an incredibly poor single mother with 7 children already during the Great Depression -- what else was she to do? My mom and her little brother already had to live with their aunt for several years just to survive.
    i totally agree that we can't elimnate abortion completely for various reasons, which is one of the reasons i'm pro-choice. i just think the right really needs to improve their pro-life argument to something other than "it's bad". that's great, but how do we prevent people from making this "bad" decision! and you're grandmother is a perfect example of why it should be legal. i recently watched this french move about the last woman guillotined in france in the 40s. she had been doing abortions for women out of her home with soapy solutions. we need legal options for these women.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You didn't like Obama's community- service-to-pay-for-college plan? Or how both candidates want teachers to be kicked out if they're not meeting standards?
    i just don't think it's enough. i also work in higher education, so i can't really speak much to children's education, but i just think we need much more hefty reform. for example, the voucher system is great, but what happens to the under performing schools who don't receive the money from those vouchers? i understand that in a private environment, competition will weed out the weak; however as a society we've deemd education a PUBLIC service, therefore we need more than a privatized style solution.

i missed the debate but i found this on digg right now:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EASpPlcVbdI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1"> </param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EASpPlcVbdI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mccain's expression is priceless.
    I wanna make it (wit chu)

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I think it'd be cool if, for once, the debate of PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES included some of the more popular independents (basically Nader) and people from the other parties. Why only show the Dems and Reps? Why not be fair and let the public see all of the candidates?

Just my opinion.
    Perot (as you probably know) was included in the 1992 debates because he was polling well. He had a good chance to win.

This year only two people have any chance of winning, Senators Obama and McCain.

If they were to include candidates from other parties and independents what limits would you propose? There are 21 people that will be on the ballot in one state or more.

Even if you just included the folks that have ballot access to enough electoral votes to win you end up with 6 people at the debate... which is kind of ridiculous.

I don't see how limiting to just the big two plus Nader could be justified. I don't see how his campaign is more legit or successful than Barr's.

Though I suppose I am giving the debates too much credit. I liked the format of the final one the best but even then it was mostly them reframing things and not really responding to the questions.

So maybe because these debates are of such limited value maybe it would be best to have had all 21 candidates invited to the first debate, then the six that could possibly win at the second debate and then, say, any candidate on all ballots (i.e. just Obama and McCain) at the third debate.

Not that that's possible, given how these things are set-up and run, but, ehh. That'd be more interesting, at least.
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 10-16-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Negra, I think that's proper for the dialect he is speaking (ohioan) or at least as PC as you can get if you're a hick.
    The gentleman speaking from the progressive and cosmopolitan state of...Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

Get a sense of humor douchebag.

I'm an american, not an american't!

Hey all I'm saying is people in redneck houses shouldn't throw Bud cans.
    You were right. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i totally agree that we can't elimnate abortion completely for various reasons, which is one of the reasons i'm pro-choice. i just think the right really needs to improve their pro-life argument to something other than "it's bad". that's great, but how do we prevent people from making this "bad" decision! and you're grandmother is a perfect example of why it should be legal. i recently watched this french move about the last woman guillotined in france in the 40s. she had been doing abortions for women out of her home with soapy solutions. we need legal options for these women.
    pressed on the matter, the hardcore anti-abortionists would say "abstinence is the best option." Which really gets to the heart of the matter. I believe that the anti-abortion radicals are really anti-sex and are using abortion as a more credible cover. If abortion was really their focus, then wouldnt' they devote their time and energies developing good alternatives to abortion? Orphanages and adoption agencies to free condoms and birth control pills. But that's not their focus, which says to me they don't really see abortion as the problem. Also, the level of rage these people have bottled up inside them has to be connected to some sort of sexual repression.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I'm a liberal from Chicago who lives in an apartment though. Every state has rednecks. Even Illinois.

pressed on the matter, the hardcore anti-abortionists would say "abstinence is the best option." Which really gets to the heart of the matter. I believe that the anti-abortion radicals are really anti-sex and are using abortion as a more credible cover. If abortion was really their focus, then wouldnt' they devote their time and energies developing good alternatives to abortion? Orphanages and adoption agencies to free condoms and birth control pills. But that's not their focus, which says to me they don't really see abortion as the problem. Also, the level of rage these people have bottled up inside them has to be connected to some sort of sexual repression.
    very, VERY well said tom!!!

I'd quite like to get this post cast in bronze and installed outside public buildings.

Tom, have you been taking your "sensible" pills again?

Seriously, I echo your sentiments, and the others complimenting yours...spot on.

What's a sense of humor douchebag and where do I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by real talk View Post
    Hey all I'm saying is people in redneck houses shouldn't throw Bud cans.
    You have old news if you think all (or even most) Arizonans are red necks.

I am far from a redneck, more of a tree huggin hippie type.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What's a sense of humor douchebag and where do I get one?
    How much money you got?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    He's absolutely half white.
    Exactly.

The racial fence sitters should forever SHUT UP!

WHO IS THE REAL JOE THE PLUMBER?

Thank you so much for posting that. LOLZ