Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: The Official Final Debate Thread

Default Re: The Official Final Debate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Does anyone even give a shit?

Also, what are the drinking games tonight? I'm doing a shot every time McCain says "pork-barrel" and Rick is doing a shot every time McCain says "maverick". Also, we'll both do a shot every time McCain looks confused.
    Good thing you didn't do a shot every time it looked like his head was gonna explode out his eyesockets! I never heard "Maverick," but then, I was clearly vocalizing my own opinions of that asshole, so I may have missed it. Quite honestly, I ende up having to watch in the other room because Suffacated wasn't in the mood for my play by play insults.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    everytime McCain calls his wife a cunt, I'm going to call my wife a cunt too.

wait, that's not very funny is it.
    No, TomAz, it wasn't. Thus was my reason for watching in a different room.

I got called a cunt this morning....but I did hit a sleeping man in the face with a pillow on purpose.
    Hmm, I should probably sleep on the couch tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    mccain's neck skin keeps flapping over his shirt
    That's because everytime he blinks, it just pulls alittle bit more of him out in the open.

McCain acted like a goddamn child; I hope the undecided saw it as plainly as I did.
    The article in RS magazine claims as a small child, he would hold his breath until he passed out if he didn't get his way.

I don't see Obama scoffing. I see him smiling, probably at the fact that everything McCain says is completely retarded. McCain is the one doing the eye rolling, the snickering, the looking-like-he-wants-to-throw-himself-down-on-the-ground-and-cry-like-a-bitch bit. He's losing, and he doesn't like it.

"I can't believe I'm being beaten by this negro."
    I yelled (yes, yelled) the same damn thing at my TV screen! LOL (I may have added the kicking-his-feet part at the end.)
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I think Barack Obama won the debate and here is why: he was playing to the undecideds whereas John McCain was playing to his base. The aim of these debates is to sway undecided voters to select you as president. I would have loved it if Barack Obama had been dismissive of Sarah Palin's qualifications for the presidency or if he had noted that just last Friday she was found to have committed an ethical violation in the firing of Walter Monegan and that such an abuse of power is alarmingly similar to the kinds of liberties with the Constitution that the Bush administration has taken over the past 8 years. But how would the people who still haven't decided who they're going to vote for react to that? Would they see it as petty? The negative attacks so regularly employed by the McCain campaign have been cited overwhelmingly as contributing to his drop in the polls and the drop in how favorably the public views his candidacy. So while this has been the case in all three presidential debates, wherein Obama supporters (such as those of us here on the board) wish that he would take the fight to McCain more and be more aggressive, it has yet to hurt him in the public reaction to how he fared in the debate.
    McCain, on the other hand, came off as a curmudgeon. He may actually look at Obama now but he still has a contemptible demeanor. If he can afford his opponent in this presidential race barely the minimum amount of respect, how is he going to conduct himself in dealing with the leaders of nations that we are at odds with? His family has a long history of military service and it seems apparent -- in light of his "bomb bomb bomb Iran" ditty and remarks that we are going to be in Iraq for 100 years -- that his preferred method of dealing with hostile nations is warfare over diplomacy. The last thing we need, especially when we're already mired in 2 wars, is a president who will likely, gleefully, lead us into another, even if it could be avoided.
    McCain also seemed rather petulant, harping on Rep. John Lewis's criticisms of the tenor of the McCain campaign and decrying Obama for not repudiating said criticisms. Obama did not immediately bring up the things yelled out by the audiences at McCain/Palin rallies; it was, I believe, on his second at-bat (so to speak) on the issue that he mentioned that people have shouted "terrorist" or "kill him" in reference to himself. To the average person, which would be something to be more hot and bothered about: someone expressing valid, genuine concern over the hate- and fear-mongering environment manifested at one campaign's rallies, or the threats and slurs shouted out in said environment? McCain acted deeply offended by Rep. Lewis's remarks, which Obama did actually issue a statement of repudiation on, whereas Obama sought to refocus the attention on the issues of the economy, health care, etc.
    I realize that I am biased and that there was really nothing McCain could say that would get me to reconsider my stance. Likewise, that Joe the Plumber character who enjoyed some attention tonight was never going to vote for Barack Obama, regardless of how Obama described his economic plan to him. But speaking as objectively as possible, the simple fact of the matter is that John McCain took every opportunity to bash either Barack Obama or Joe Biden and deliberately repeated allegations about Obama's policies even if Obama had just corrected his misstatements (such as on the fine that Obama's health insurance policy would levy against small business owners who don't provide health insurance to their employees), while Barack Obama refrained from bashing Sarah Palin and, as in previous debates, acknowledged certain things that he and John McCain agree on (such as charter schools). What that indicates to me, and what I would hope it indicates to undecided voters, is that while both candidates lay claim to reaching across the aisle and intending to govern in a bipartisan manner, only Barack Obama demonstrates that in these debates. John McCain, on the other hand, looked displeased to be on the same stage as Barack Obama, and could not even contain himself from interrupting the man on several occasions. During the Republican primary, when I was a McCain supporter, I didn't put much stock in the claims that he reputedly has a fiery temper. While he may refrain from having explosive outbursts during these debates, the manner in which he acts suggests that his reputation was justly attained and should give considerable pause to anybody who would potentially cast their ballot in his favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Fuck it, I'm voting McCain...

Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I love how Obama chuckled while Obama rambled on about Ayers and Acorn. It sounded like a " you sound so dumb right now " chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post

I kept waiting for "They took our jerrrrbs!"

Seriously, what a fucking disgrace.
    For your health

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Obama is multiple people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Holy shit wtf is wrong with people? Jesus christ i'm amazed these people have the brain power to gather.
    Last edited by faxman75; 10-16-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I wonder how long it will take him to fix it...

At the 26-27 second mark, does the guy say, "When you've got a ****** running for president," or "When you've got a negro running for president"?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    At the 26-27 second mark, does the guy say, "When you've got a ****** running for president," or "When you've got a negro running for president"?
    Negra, I think that's proper for the dialect he is speaking (ohioan) or at least as PC as you can get if you're a hick.

I am pretty sure he does not say negro... What is he talking about anyways? 1st stringer 2nd stringer?

I heard Nigro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    I am pretty sure he does not say negro... What is he talking about anyways? 1st stringer 2nd stringer?
    I think it's a sports analogy maybe referring to blacks being backups or substitutes to qualified white people. Who knows though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I heard Nigro...
    I heard "nigro" too.

Also, ma'am, this is not a Christian nation, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I lol'd at the debate reactions of snarky 20 year olds and 19 year olds of this board. They are actually expecting a Martyrdom Debate.

Obama should be winning the polls and the elections by a landslide if he is white.

Quote Originally Posted by arbouler View Post
    The last time I ever saw that judgemental and condenscending facial expression was when my ex-friend/Suffacated's ex-wife found out he moved in with me!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I love how Obama chuckled while Obama rambled on about Ayers and Acorn. It sounded like a " you sound so dumb right now " chuckle.
    This is cute. You can tell faxman75 is all wound up and besides himself after this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    I wonder how long it will take him to fix it...
    Maybe 5-7 minutes after the initial giddiness has worn off.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

That debate was comedy hour. The poor moderator tried to get them to say something new but no, it was the same bullshit. Well not all old bullshit, there was some new bullshit too, like a 5 minute conversation on who was running a more negative campaign, as if thats even a question... My favorite part was when the moderator told both of them an independent study on both of their policy proposals would add about $200 billion to the budget deficit. CALLED OUT!

I listened to most of the debate on the radio (watched the last 20 min on TV), and Obama sounded calm, intelligent, and informed, while McCain came across angry, mean-spirited, and whiny (that whole negative campaign question). When I watched it on TV, McCain kept rolling his eyes and looking shocked, while Obama appeared more controlled , and I saw Obama writing a lot of things down. Can you believe both candidates are left-handed?!! I know this was mentioned before, but wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Negra, I think that's proper for the dialect he is speaking (ohioan) or at least as PC as you can get if you're a hick.
    That's not Ohioan. Most of us don't sound like that.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    He was every bit as bad. He sat there chortling and shaking his head like McCain was talking about wanting to fill the white house with ponies and convert it into a Barbie Dreamhouse.
    I disagree.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    That's not Ohioan. Most of us don't sound like that.
    They do in that part of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I heard Nigro...
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    I heard "nigro" too.
    You are all wrong. It's "nigra." But thanks for playing Racial Slur ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Irish Bookies just paid out on all bets on Obama.

Dear ******

Well, after John McCain failed to land any punches worthy of the name during last night's debate, we've decided to pay out on Barack Obama as next President of the United States.

We figured it was only a matter of time - and punters might as well get their winnings now rather than wait three weeks for a result that is pretty inevitable. So if you were wondering what that money in your account was, now you know!

Enjoy!

The team at Paddy Power
    Fucking score. Yeah, I no longer give a crap who wins this. Have fun!

what if McCain sells his soul to the devil and wins? do you have to give the money back? and if you don't return it, will someone break your legs?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Nope. It's mine all mine.

They paid out on Hilary too, back before the nominations, and then had to pay out on Obama all over again when he got it.

Anyway, good luck with whathisface, losers! AHAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 10-16-2008 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullokz View Post
    Obama should be winning the polls and the elections by a landslide if he is white.
    This sounds like you're still not sure if he's white or not.

He's not, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

He's absolutely half white.