Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: So I got engaged last night

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Re: So I got engaged last night

Of course you do, you're female. Brainless, irrational emotion-feeding monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Of course you do, you're female. Brainless, irrational emotion-feeding monsters.
    Truth hurts Randall, you should keep those truths to yourself. It might offend someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

... oh. Well, I wouldn't want to do that. Offending people is... wrong.

... bitches ain't shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    As with everything, depends on the girl, depends on the guy; be very, very sure. I still rule "Aww..."
    Definitely a case by case situation. It sounds like this was just about perfect for Josh and Becky, so congrats to them. No doubt that they'll treasure last night forever. We should all be so lucky.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

Has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer for the Used?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

trust me. I've met both, and there is really no resemblance.
    also, how rude of you! the guy makes the most epic proposal ever, and you compare him to a self-deprecating little turd like the grease-muzzled singer of the world's most emo emo band.

Hippie

It was just a fucking observation. Get the sand out of your vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Has anyone ever told you that you look like the singer for the Used?
    He doesnt look like Bert Mc Cracken

Josh and Eugene have a fairly similar facial structure though, especially the chin.

^ much more accurate observation, I'd say

And the comparison is far less damning

judging by the facial hair, Eugene has a lot more testosterone.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Anyone else think only assholes propose in crowded public situations? I'm sure your girl loved it, Rage--she likes Gogol Bordello and you so she can't dislike much--but I'm just curious if I'm alone in thinking that it's inconsiderate to bring hundreds of strangers into that situation.
    you have a career in writing Bud Light ads.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Josh needs to grow an epic stache

"Even if she says no we'll always say yes"

wtf
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Josh needs to grow an epic stache
    seconded!

That is a fantastic story, Josh. Great work on pulling that off. I wish the best to both of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Thanks John

Randy, I actually know what you mean. If I wasn't able to pull this off, I would have proposed to her in a private place. However, this was an extremely special circumstance. I knew 100% she was going to say yes, because we have talked about marriage and stuff before and we both know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. So that wasn't my worry.
    If the other night wasn't able happen, my plan was to take her hiking or something, maybe have a picnic alone at the top of the mountain, and ask her up there. That would have been completely private. But since I was able to organize getting onstage with one of my girlfriend... I mean fiancee's... and I's favorite bands and propose, was just to good to be true. I had been working at making this happen for months and the fact that it finally came together and I was able to pull it off, is unreal.
    And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.
    Those are just my thoughts anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Thanks John

Randy, I actually know what you mean. If I wasn't able to pull this off, I would have proposed to her in a private place. However, this was an extremely special circumstance. I knew 100% she was going to say yes, because we have talked about marriage and stuff before and we both know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. So that wasn't my worry.
    If the other night wasn't able happen, my plan was to take her hiking or something, maybe have a picnic alone at the top of the mountain, and ask her up there. That would have been completely private. But since I was able to organize getting onstage with one of my girlfriend... I mean fiancee's... and I's favorite bands and propose, was just to good to be true. I had been working at making this happen for months and the fact that it finally came together and I was able to pull it off, is unreal.
    And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.Those are just my thoughts anyways.
    Definitely! Very romantic, my eyes got watery like everyone else's...congrats to both of you!

If you and your fiancee liked it, then there is no need to justify it to anyone else.
    For your health

Congratulations on yr pending nuptials. If you need any advice on how to not fuck up a marriage, don't hesitate to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

as I predicted, when jill got home from the restaurant last night, she read the story, and became a whirling dervish of giggling enthusiasm. haha damn you, josh! how will I ever top this! :P

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    If you and your fiancee liked it, then there is no need to justify it to anyone else.
    Yes indeed, 'tis the only thing that counts.

Congratulations Rage - pretty cool way to do it. You kids look happy.

Don't pay any attention (or respond) to anything that Randy says. He doesn't like popular threads in which he is not the center of attention. His narcissism is impossible to control.

Yablo, yesterday my stepfather saw a bear in Montana, just hanging out at the park across the street from the house he's working on. A bear. Watch your kids and don't send them to the park covered in honey.

Josh, congratulations.

That is a great story Josh, luckily you were able to get a hold of Mr. Hutz in time before the show. I wish all the best to you and Becky on your future together.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

What a lovely story! Congratulations to you both. May you have a long and happy life together.

Thanks Yablo! Haven't seen you around here in a long time, good to have you back. Also, thanks Hannah, Sasha and HowTo.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Thanks John

And in regards to your comment earlier about saying unless it is infront of a crowd, it is not romantic, obviously myself and the rest of the board doesn't believe that. I actually think that pumpkin carvings story is incredibly romantic. It shows a lot of care, thought and preparation went into the proposal. That is why I think a lot of the board thinks my proposal was romantic. To be honest, I thought I was being romantic too, and my fiancee sure as hell thinks I was being romantic. The event itself is obviously what it is all about, but its not just the even, its the care, thought, love and preparation for it too which counts.
    Those are just my thoughts anyways.
    Not only will you remember every anniversary each year, but I'd bet every concert/ fest that you attend will bring back a very special memory of that proposal! I still have goosebumps thinking about it. You both must still be on cloud 9!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

RESURRECTION

Rage - somebody linked this thread to me and I had to come back to life to tell you that this is the sweetest thing ever and I am so happy for you both and I hope it's an epic beginning to an epic life together. Congratulations.

ASCENSION GOODBYYYYYYYYE