Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre wedding jetters...

Default Pre wedding jetters...

So I am getting married two weeks from Saturday and I am absolutly terrified. Everything is pretty much done but I mean I AM GETTING FUCKING MARRIED!!!! My life is going to dramaticly change. I am now obligated to act like an adult and all that good shit. I don't know maybe I just need to vent..

PS ITS JITTERS...
    Quote Originally Posted by sames44 View Post
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Default Re: Pre wedding jetters...

We expect wedding photos when you return from your honeymoon.

congratulations.

Young blood

you will make a lovely bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    you will make a lovely bride.
    Thank you very much. That means a lot..
    Marriage is a beautiful thing - everyone should try it at least twice in their lifetime.

Young blood

when gay jokes go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    We expect wedding photos when you return from your honeymoon.
    Chris, I think you are a pretty big douch, however I think you are a pretty good photographer and I would like you to come and take pictures for myself and this board. I will pay you if need be and i will seat you at the singles table where there are 6 chicks and 3 guys...

I'd take that job.

pre wedding shitters

Young blood

dude can be creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate_420 View Post
    So I am getting married two weeks from Saturday and I am absolutly terrified. Everything is pretty much done but I mean I AM GETTING FUCKING MARRIED!!!! My life is going to dramaticly change. I am now obligated to act like an adult and all that good shit. I don't know maybe I just need to vent..

PS ITS JITTERS...
    I don't think I've ever seen vows that say anything about being obligated to being an adult once you say, "I do." If that were the case, you'ld miss out on "all the good shit!" BTW...Congrats to you both!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

thestripe

You're gal is plenty experienced. The 100% approves.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Chris, I think you are a pretty big douch, however I think you are a pretty good photographer and I would like you to come and take pictures for myself and this board. I will pay you if need be and i will seat you at the singles table where there are 6 chicks and 3 guys...
    god forbid the breeders and the old maids mix, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

PS ITS JITTERS...
    no worries, 48% of marriages work out.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    no worries, 48% of marriages work out.
    And the secret there is learning to simply nod your head, "yes," followed up with smiling like you understand. You don't have to understand and don't try. That's what the other 52% fucked up and did. If that sounds unfair or unreasonable, believe me, it's not...we do it all the time!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

My life is going to dramaticly change. I am now obligated to act like an adult and all that good shit. I don't know maybe I just need to vent...
    I've not been married before, but I'm sure it won't be a dramatic change. any overnight change sounds like something is wrong. I don't mean to preach. I just think that the days after a wedding won't (shouldn't) be much different to the days before. (except for the lack of wedding planning).

You'll be ok deviate. I just got married 2 weeks ago and now that we're back home, everything is pretty much the same as it ever was. We're not magically grown-ups now or anything ... I mean that in a nice, soothing way. And, congratulations!

I love this message board. Thank guys...

Quote Originally Posted by matildawong View Post
    You'll be ok deviate. I just got married 2 weeks ago and now that we're back home, everything is pretty much the same as it ever was. We're not magically grown-ups now or anything ... I mean that in a nice, soothing way. And, congratulations!
    This is pretty much the case. And yes, congrats!

You can also have something really terrible happen to you a week before the wedding that puts everything in perspective and erases the jitters completely.
    For your health

I've been married for over 8 years. Yes, SOME things change when you get married. But it's not like you become a pod person. My husband and I still watch Ren & Stimpy and do the same stuff we did when when we were just dating. We have a mortgage and responsibilities and stuff, but we certainly don't feel like grown-ups. Most of the time we feel like imposters...15-year-olds pretending to be responsible adults.

My husband is my best friend and I'm thankful for him every day. Marriage can be awesome. Have faith.

Best of luck to you!
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Marriage doesn't mean that you have to act like an adult. The key word for a marriage is compromise. I grew up in a house that had a bread box. The wife grew up in a house that kept their bread in the fridge. We fought about it and I remember pulling that Efin bread from the fridge into the breadbox out of spite. 20 years later, you know what? I don't even know if we have bread in the house right now! You need to learn to make new rules with your new wife and forget about the previous rules that you lived by (or thought you had to).

Chris, pick up a piece of cake for me if you land up going to this wedding.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

The only things that change after you get married is the nagging goes up 10 to 20 percent.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    that's hot.
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Marriage doesn't mean that you have to act like an adult. The key word for a marriage is compromise. I grew up in a house that had a bread box. The wife grew up in a house that kept their bread in the fridge. We fought about it and I remember pulling that Efin bread from the fridge into the breadbox out of spite. 20 years later, you know what? I don't even know if we have bread in the house right now! You need to learn to make new rules with your new wife and forget about the previous rules that you lived by (or thought you had to).

Chris, pick up a piece of cake for me if you land up going to this wedding.
    This was the PERFECT story! Thanks.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I read this as
    "pre-wedding letters"
    which is something I know some people do-
    you each write a letter to each other, to be opened on a designated anniversary, like your fifth or tenth, describing how you feel about the other. it's supposed to help you think about why you love the person you're marrying, and then in a few years, you can both get that feeling back when you open the letters

I've been married a long time. It is what you make of it. two people who want to stay married to each other can get through pretty much anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I've been married a long time. It is what you make of it. two people who want to stay married to each other can get through pretty much anything.
    QFT!
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

agree but then i was married for 10 years and then for 20 years and it didnt last but i would not trade the entire marriage (s) for anything (well just a few days thats for sure) .... so congrats and good luck to you both ...x****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.