Page 120 of 122 FirstFirst ... 115116117118119120121122 LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 3636

Thread: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

Default Re: Animal Collective Mysteriously Announce New Album?

Quote Originally Posted by brando4n82 View Post
    Anyways, so I have seen Animal Collective at Coachella '05, '09' and '11.
    Nitpicking here, but they played '06 and '08, not '05 and '09.
    The '06 show was something like 4 songs (Peacebone, We Tigers, Safer, and ?) and it solidified my fandom for them.
    Most people claimed to hate the show at the time, but if you ask those same people now they have a much different recollection.

banshee beat and fireworks in '06 i think as well. i think there might have been another song too... definitely the best festival set I've ever seen them put on.

it did not seem well received at the time though.

What I wouldn't give to hear "Safer" again. When they performed that it haunted me for years since it was unreleased at the time.

Alright alright. I'm not a review person by any means but ill throw one out there.

The Bowl really is one of my favorite venues. Just an incredible place to see good live music. No hassles. Bring beer. Bring food. Good stuff. I usually park down at the mall where Hollywood blvd is. 10 bucks max. All day parking. Little bit of a walk, but I will do anything to avoid the Bowl Parking lot.

Got there in time for Huun Huur Tu. i should first point out that I'm not a huge Animal Collective fan. Just purchased uber cheap tickets from a guy on this board, felt like going to the show. Tickets were for Sec S, but sat first row of Sec K the whole night, (another reason I love the bowl). Anyways, for me, Huun Huur Tu was my favorite act of the night. You don't always get witness live music lie that. Musicians were extremely talented and I enjoyed every second of it.

ATTENTION: FLYING LOTUS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DJ. At all. Period. End of sentence. He is a producer. He makes beats. He has a good ear for music. He has not the faintest clue how to put those thoughts and beats together so eh are a cohesive...something. FlyLos set up was very cool though. It looked great on the Bowl stage, especially with the extra Bowl lighting, but yeah, dude can not dj, he should not be performing live.

Anyways, so I have seen Animal Collective at Coachella '05, '09' and '11. They have been hit or miss, my favorite experience was definitely their '09 set. By I didn't have much of expectations, so in that regard eh actually ended up putting on a pretty decent show from my perspective. There were some die hard fans next to me singing all the words, loving every bit of it. Really glad they played Also Frightened, one of my favorite tracks of theirs. Loved the live rendition of Lion in a Coma. Cobwebs and brothersport were also good high lights.

All in all, good show.

He started late and prob had to tweak what he was going to play. He knows how to perform, you just didnt give a shit cause he didnt play swedish house mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    He started late and prob had to tweak what he was going to play. He knows how to perform, you just didnt give a shit cause he didnt play swedish house mafia.
    Haha you are the worst. When have you ever seen post anything about SHM? I haven't, because I don't listen to them. Anyways, when I said he has a good ear for music, that means he has good taste in music, IMO. Which is to say, him having a lackluster set in my ears, had nothing to do with the the set list.

Side note: I appreciated his shout out intro to Coltrane.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Haha you are the worst. When have you ever seen post anything about SHM? I haven't, because I don't listen to them. Anyways, when I said he has a good ear for music, that means he has good taste in music, IMO. Which is to say, him having a lackluster set in my ears, had nothing to do with the the set list.

Side note: I appreciated his shout out intro to Coltrane.
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    The '06 show was something like 4 songs (Peacebone, We Tigers, Safer, and ?) and it solidified my fandom for them.
    Most people claimed to hate the show at the time, but if you ask those same people now they have a much different recollection.
    That was deserved to be clarified. My bad. As for the set in '06, perhaps it had something to do with it being on the outdoor stage? For me, it just sounded like a bunch of noise, and I do recall it not being well received by the crowd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    That was deserved to be clarified. My bad. As for the set in '06, perhaps it had something to do with it being on the outdoor stage? For me, it just sounded like a bunch of noise, and I do recall it not being well received by the crowd as well.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    banshee beat and fireworks in '06 i think as well. i think there might have been another song too... definitely the best festival set I've ever seen them put on.

That '06 set was actually what prompted me to care about them. I liked Feels okay at the time, but that show almost instantly transformed them into one of my favorite live acts.

I had a great time at the Bowl show. Huun Huur Tu were fucking great, and thankfully pretty loud. I enjoyed Flying Lotus even though it's not really my thing. Animal Collective slayed as they have at all eight of the previous hows, effortlessly projecting to the most expansive setting I've seen them in and bringing perhaps their best visuals I've seen (though I should note that I skipped Coachella altogether in '11). "Peacebone" was a great touch - I could have done with some older stuff ("Banshee Beat" or "Chocolate Girl"), but that's nitpicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

I love the bowl, the atmosphere, the byob, the history. It's such an amazing venue. That being said, I really wish the stupid noise curfew wasn't so strict. It's just never loud enough there. We were front row of M3 and the sound just wasn't bringing any power. I should never have to hear douchebags three rows behind me rambling on about inane bullshit instead of listening to the show.

That being said Huun Huur Tu were excellent. I've never heard a band like that. The chanting was mystical. Flying Lotus was average. I was expecting more to be honest. AC sounded great. They are such pros. The vocals were a bit low in the mix, but the set list was top notch. I really dig the new stuff.
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2)

the new album has grown on me a lot. i'm more excited for what comes next though... i feel like they are hitting their stride again. i too wished there had been more old cuts last night... but I was pretty ecstatic about cobwebs, so I really won't complain (probably my number one want that I hadn't seen live).

i groaned a bit when brothersport started coming in, given how many times i've seen it, but it's the best version I think I've seen them do since before MPP came out. much looser and energetic.

i do have to say, i always get excited when I see them live and start revisiting old stuff... i do miss the old, crazier band. just thinking back to the post-feels tour gets me excited. definitely seems like the band struck the perfect balance between experimentation and pop on that tour preparing the strawberry jam stuff. for that reason, i really hope they end up doing another round that is focused on teasing out new material. the mini-tour before cHz was cool, but I think they were still figuring their groove out at that point. eh, i'm rambling. just gonna go jam Animal Crack Box and get giddy.

Glad that I showed up early and saw Huun Huur Tu, with Siberia's finest throat singer. FlyLo was a good time, his set was definitely sporadic but in a good way. Animal Collective sounded great, especially the new songs.

Animal Collective, Hollywood Bowl Sep 23, 2012 by corboamnesiac, on Flickr

awesome set on sunday! loved it.
    <schedule_2013>
    St Vincent 3/19, Cut Copy 3/31, The Knife 4/9, Mogwai 4/15, Pixies 4/17
    </schedule>

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post

banshee beat
    peacebone
    safer
    chores
    fireworks
    we tigers

totally agree: best festival set, indeed.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

nice I was afraid you only got the same songs I did lol

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

ATTENTION: FLYING LOTUS DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DJ. At all. Period. End of sentence. He is a producer. He makes beats. He has a good ear for music. He has not the faintest clue how to put those thoughts and beats together so eh are a cohesive...something. FlyLos set up was very cool though. It looked great on the Bowl stage, especially with the extra Bowl lighting, but yeah, dude can not dj, he should not be performing live.
    Holy crap! Did you see that boiler room set? Should be on YouTube soon. I'm guessing you've never seen him at low end theory...
    6/24 deltron 3030 slim's
    6/29 baths great american music hall
    07/21 david byrne & st vincent fox theater
    07/26 the postal service greek theater
    07/31 run the jewels the independent
    08/09-11 outside lands music festival
    09/19-23 $ymbiosis gathering
    10/19-20 treasure island music festival

Oh well! Hopefully they'll play somewhere smaller than Williamsburg Park next time. Get better Dave! Now I'll be able to enjoy the Bunker showcase with Demdike Stare from 10pm-4am!

We are very sorry to inform the fans of Animal Collective that tonight’s show has been cancelled. Please see below for a full statement from the band:

“We really wish we didn’t have to be writing this right now, but after taking Dave to the doctor this morning it turns out that he has laryngitis and unfortunately we are unable to play the show tonight. We are already in the middle of trying to reschedule NY dates in the next couple of months to make up for this cancellation. Due to circumstances beyond both our and the promoters’ control, we are unable to honor the tickets for tonight’s show. Fans that have tickets will be able to get full refunds at the place of purchase, and we will let everyone know as soon as we have new dates scheduled. Again, our sincere apologies to fans anticipating this show. We are always psyched to play NYC and will make it up to you.”

Refunds will be available at point of purchase. We want to thank everyone for coming out to Williamsburg Park this season and look forward to seeing you all next year.

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

And half of williamsburg is on suicide watch now

Staying home and watching Wild Card games instead of having to stand in that fucking miserable industrial parking lot where they set up the stage for Williamsburg Park shows this year is feeling like a pretty fair trade-off, especially if they actually do make it back some time soon. But I fully expect skinny jeans to be flying at half mast all over Brooklyn today.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    We are very sorry to inform the fans of Animal Collective that tonight’s show has been cancelled.
    ugh, been there done that two nights in a row...

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

For the first time being released in US...

2xlp 180 grams Spirit They've Gone Spirit They've Vanished

http://www.amazon.com/Spirit-Theyve-...llective+vinyl

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

For the first time being released affordably!
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Animal Collective....T5 blah blah blah

12/4: New York, NY @ Terminal 5
    12/5: New York, NY @ Terminal 5

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Lovin' Crimson

SmellyBath

Don't forget to go out and vote for Reverend Green.

new tour dates

03-07 Boston, MA - House of Blues *
    03-08 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis *
    03-09 Toronto, Ontario - Danforth Music Hall *
    03-11 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues *
    03-12 Covington, KY - The Madison Theater *
    03-13 Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works *
    03-15 Royal Oak, MI - Royal Oak Music Hall *
    03-16 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre *
    03-17 Madison, WI - Orpheum Theatre *
    03-18 Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue *
    03-20 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant *
    03-21 Kansas City, MO - Midland Theater *
    03-22 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre *
    03-23 Salt Lake City, UT - Depot *
    03-24 Boise, ID - Treefort Music Fest
    07-02 Helsinki, Finland - The Circus
    07-04 Roskilde, Denmark - Roskilde Festival

coachella? hope so.

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

wow. these live vids are so good

this one of Amanita is fucking epic.

4/17 Pixies @ Pappy & Harriets
    4/26 Desert Daze @ Sunset Ranch Oasis
    5/26 Panda Bear @ Pappy & Harriets
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium