Page 4 of 280 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

As for the Talking Heads, David Byrne has confirmed dates at least until April 14th in Europe. It's unlikely but maybe he can make it to Coachella with his current tour, unfortunately Talking Heads just won't happen next year so we'll have to wait till 010. He could pull Eno onstage, though.

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by ani boy View Post
    DEPECHE MODE!!!

their album is due out in April of 09

No. DM is starting their tour in May in Isreal. They won't be to the US until late summer next year.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    No. DM is starting their tour in May in Isreal. They won't be to the US until late summer next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by enriquevs View Post
    As for the Talking Heads, David Byrne has confirmed dates at least until April 14th in Europe. It's unlikely but maybe he can make it to Coachella with his current tour, unfortunately Talking Heads just won't happen next year so we'll have to wait till 010. He could pull Eno onstage, though.
    So Depche Mode and Talking Heads/David Byrne are off the rumored list for sure then?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Talking Heads just wont happen period. David has no intention of playing with them again, he already did that at their Rock and Roll hall of fame induction, let alone an entire tour with them.

Chris and Tina don't do American festivals.

Best bet is a David Byrne solo set.
    "Beer summit '09"

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadromarshia View Post
    Talking Heads just wont happen period. David has no intention of playing with them again, he already did that at their Rock and Roll hall of fame induction, let alone an entire tour with them.

Chris and Tina don't do American festivals.

Best bet is a David Byrne solo set.
    In such case, DAVID BOWIE 09!

From The Goldenvoice Blog:

Had a blast at Detour, loved Buraka Som Sistema (looks like they’ll play Coachella which is confirmed for April 17, 18 & 19)

good job on first find.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Who is Buraka Som Sistema?
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Im checking them out as I speak.
    on the golden voice blog
    so far sounds pretty sick. different sound.
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Buraka Som Sistema are a Portuguese band whose genre is kuduro. Their first hit was "Yah!" in 2006, featuring Petty and Kalaf, and their second hit was "Wawaba".
    In 2008, Buraka Som Sistema released the song Sound of Kuduro. It features M.I.A, DJ Znobia, Saborosa and Puto Prata, and this is the first single of the new album Black Diamond that will be released in 2009. Their label is Enchufada in a partnership with Sony BMG, and this is their first album, after the EP From Buraka to the world, that showed the 'progressive kuduro' of the band

Quote Originally Posted by Quadromarshia View Post
    Talking Heads just wont happen period. David has no intention of playing with them again,
    It's true, but a Talking Heads reunion is like Tinkerbell... you have to believe!

congrats on the first find... now is M Sparks gonna have a site and update it Daily again? that site was just too perfect.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Yay! First conformation-right on cue.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Buraka Som Sistema!!!!!!!!!!! they will definitely be a great mix during the weekend
    je suis un extraterrestre

ya i have been trying to check them out since I just found out about them. they should be a nice add.

what stage would u say?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

gobi

mojave midafternoon or gobi around 6 or 7?
    that was just a guess out of my ass.
    dont pound me too hard kids.

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    mojave midafternoon or gobi around 6 or 7?
    exactly what i was considering

meh nothing too special. i checked out before detour. wasnt impressed...but maybe i didn't give them enough listen time.

The Mad Decent record label just released Hollertronix Vol. 9, which features Buraka Son Sistema doing remixes and collabs w/ Diplo and others. You can give it a listen at www.turntablelab.com. The increasing popularity of MIA and Santogold is a good indicator that these guys will be big in 09. MIA has already recorded with them.

Simian Mobile Disco has oddly specific availability for 2009:
    3/12/09 - 3/28/09, 4/17/09 - 4/25/09 US/Canada Headlining

Peter Hook New Order DJ Set
    4/19/09 - 4/29/09 Headlining/To Package

Mr. Lif
    Feb-April 2009 Headlining

Acid Mothers Temple (not gonna happen, but for continuity's sake)
    April 2009 headlining, for support

The Presets
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    Well you just got me unrelatedly excited...
    Anybody here at the Che Cafe show in San Diego last March? Incredible.

Could maybe possibly The Prodigy be listed as a significant rumor yet? Consequence of Sound has them up for the first official "rumor"... and their site is usually quite good for this, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Well you just got me unrelatedly excited...
    Anybody here at the Che Cafe show in San Diego last March? Incredible.
    I want them to do their crazy Japanese music festival tour again with the 7(?) battle formations.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

dj peter hook is the only one who can take the worst perfomance title away from uffie.

The Presets

Both those bands would make me exceptionally happy in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Could maybe possibly The Prodigy be listed as a significant rumor yet? Consequence of Sound has them up for the first official "rumor"... and their site is usually quite good for this, in my opinion.
    I'm pretty sure CoS gets most of their Coachella info from this very board.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I'm pretty sure CoS gets most of their Coachella info from this very board.
    yeah the prodigy rumor on the CoS website has its backing from the quote a user (i forgot who) said on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    congrats on the first find... now is M Sparks gonna have a site and update it Daily again? that site was just too perfect.
    Yes! need this!!!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Mr. Lif
    Feb-April 2009 Headlining

The Presets
    I would love SMD!!! I missed them because of Roger Waters and was gutted about it...Acid Mothers Temple is an act I have wanted to see for YEARS....would be fucking amazing in one of the tents of Outdoor Theater...
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.