Page 14 of 280 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Plan on Para One (or at least some of the institube djs again)
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

okay. how about you nimrods stop cluttering the LEGITIMATE RUMOUR thread with your wishlists and unsubstantiated dribble. if you can't give us a source, you can't post it. god damnit.

Banned

first post updated with a new section. since many bands will be posting parts of their 09 tour schedule soon, we can now speculate if their schedule will work out for coachella 09. first set of rumored bands now up on the first post! more to come!

cos website took the info from here. that shouldn't be a valid source.

Banned

for the prodigy, there is info that is out that they are gonna play but nothing postedor released. its more inside stuff so ill leave it for now but if it deflates, then its gone...

for now, just for you orbit, ill move it to the touring part.
    Last edited by scoop49er; 10-21-2008 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    cos website took the info from here. that shouldn't be a valid source.
    It actually points here:

http://www.nekozine.co.uk/cgi-bin/ya...num=1195822929

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    The status of Crudo is unkown. Mike Patton is most likely practicing with Fantomas right now for ATP's Nightmare Before Christmas. It is rumoured they will have a new album comming out next year too. I would definately rather have Fantomas than Crudo.
    hey, this will interest you. in SF, the new years eve show was supposed to be Jackie Greene, but he canceled, so now they're having Mike Patton's New Year's Eve with Fantomas doing The Director's Cut...
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    From Windish...

VERY PROBABLE
    Peter Hook New Order DJ Set 4/19/09 - 4/29/09 Headlining/To Package
    Oh yeah, just so everyone knows...a Peter Hook DJ set consists of a pre-mixed CD playing while Peter dances around and unconvincingly pretends to actually be doing anything.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Oh yeah, just so everyone knows...a Peter Hook DJ set consists of a pre-mixed CD playing while Peter dances around and unconvincingly pretends to actually be doing anything.
    ie-aphex twin laptop set?

not really.

more like peter hook playing a free cd that came with mixmag.

please goldenvoice, keep that shit away from the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    hey, this will interest you. in SF, the new years eve show was supposed to be Jackie Greene, but he canceled, so now they're having Mike Patton's New Year's Eve with Fantomas doing The Director's Cut...
    Oh believe me... I have heard about it. Argh. I really want to go, but I don't think I can. I really hope they come to atleast Oregon.
    I still might try to go to this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    ie-aphex twin laptop set?
    you're a fucking idiot.
    were you even at his set?
    brainless piece of shit.
    what's hilarious, is even with a pre-programmed setlist and a 1-1 mapped controller, you'd probably still trainwreck

My only source was a girl who is friends with para one. I will therefore retract my statement of banking on so I don't look like a lurker
    "Choke on that Causality!"

I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    we did this last year and got a ton of great finds and info so here we go again: if you find any info on a artist playing coachela or stagecoach, please post and provide the link...

list as of 10/08/08:

COACHELLA 2009:
    artist....................................source:
    Buraka Som Sistema ...............goldenvoice blog

possible due to touring schedule (must have some part of their 09 schedule up to qualify) this section will be the most talked about and the most updated since schedules will start to pop up daily so check back anytime.)
    Keane
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Coldplay
    Oasis
    Depeche Mode
    Tv on the Radio
    The Ting Tings
    Bloc Party
    Franz Ferdinand
    Beck
    Radiohead (rumoured Mexico dates in spring 09)
    The Prodigy
    This list makes me sick.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Scooper, you can take Depeche Mode off your list. They are NOT a possibility.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Is scooper updating his list?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Scooper, you can take Depeche Mode off your list. They are NOT a possibility.
    Why? I thought they weren't starting their tour until May.
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    Why? I thought they weren't starting their tour until May.
    DM starts their tour in May in Isreal. Their sets take months to program the music into their systems, and they are usually in rehearsals for at least a month prior. They wouldn't bring their entire stage set all the way over here, set it up for one and a half hours, and then ship it back to Isreal, only to send it back over here in August when they start their US tour. DM just doesn't do things that way.

Besides, they start an exclusive contract with LiveNation in January.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

DM starts their tour in May in Isreal. Their sets take months to program the music into their systems, and they are usually in rehearsals for at least a month prior. They wouldn't bring their entire stage set all the way over here, set it up for one and a half hours, and then ship it back to Isreal, only to send it back over here in August when they start their US tour. DM just doesn't do things that way.

Besides, they start an exclusive contract with LiveNation in January.

Hmmm. That's too bad if you're right. I would have liked to see them again after nearly falling asleep in '06 (I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to enjoy their set).

Banned

DM stays on for now. the list gets updated once people start to give us the links and get some good finds. the list last year worked great simply cuz over 50 dfiferent people found nearly 100 of the bands playing betwen oct-jan way before the lineup was announced. so if you find something, let us know...

its very early so the list will be more about rumours then links, but they will be popping up soon!

Banned

and just like that:

THE SMITHS!!!!!!!!!!
    JUST A RUMOUR BUT WE CAN AT LEAST DISCUSS...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1849030.ece

and just like that:

THE SMITHS!!!!!!!!!!

I think The Sun is a UK tabloid, but at least someone is talking about it.

and just like that:

THE SMITHS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shit sun.

Banned

its a fun article just cuz they have some good info on the past that backs up previous claims they were offered to headline.. also i believe they are doing a best of set as well right? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    you're a fucking idiot.
    were you even at his set?
    brainless piece of shit.
    what's hilarious, is even with a pre-programmed setlist and a 1-1 mapped controller, you'd probably still trainwreck
    yes i was.
    and i enjoyed it.
    no need to get unruly mr. pink hair. you always tend to get like this and it is unnecessary. its a message board. get over yourself.

on a side note, the smiths would be cool. have always wanted to see morrissey.

God, there's a Smiths reunion rumor every year. How could they afford to top that previous $5 million offer, especially since ticket sales were down this year? Of course, they could charge $500 a ticket and still have them sell out instantly for a Smiths reunion. Oh man, imagine if this actually happened.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

DM stays on for now. the list gets updated once people start to give us the links and get some good finds. the list last year worked great simply cuz over 50 dfiferent people found nearly 100 of the bands playing betwen oct-jan way before the lineup was announced. so if you find something, let us know...

its very early so the list will be more about rumours then links, but they will be popping up soon!
    Well, its your list, but considering their tour doesn't start until may, and it would make no sense for them to come over here for one show that they didn't like doing the first time around AND they're going to be exclusive to livenation...you will be proven wrong. Using your logic that claims that since there's no confirmation they ARENT playing-therefore they could be playing, anyone could be on your list...just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by who8me2k7 View Post
    yes i was.
    and i enjoyed it.
    no need to get unruly mr. pink hair. you always tend to get like this and it is unnecessary. its a message board. get over yourself.
    you enjoyed it, but you're accusing him of playing a pre-mixed cd?
    and on top of that, you said he 'dances around'.

he sat. intensely focused on what he was doing. constantly working. barely even nodding his head.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    God, there's a Smiths reunion rumor every year. How could they afford to top that previous $5 million offer, especially since ticket sales were down this year? Of course, they could charge $500 a ticket and still have them sell out instantly for a Smiths reunion. Oh man, imagine if this actually happened.
    If they do we better get a pre sale of the "cheaper" tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.