Page 10 of 280 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    yeah, but what if that's part of a european tour?

My concern as well. Plus, they're being/have been petitioned by every major festival this year and next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

Coachella Junkie

Default Re: 2009 UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED/RUMORED ACTS:COACHELLA/STAGECOACH 2009....

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    yeah, but what if that's part of a european tour?
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    My concern as well. Plus, they're being/have been petitioned by every major festival this year and next year.
    The last time they did coachella was in 2005. Here is what the itinerary was for that time:

April
    02 - Ice Palace , St Petersburg - Russia Cancelled
    03 - Luzhniki Arena , Moscow - Russia Cancelled
    04 - Siemens Arena , Vilnius - Russia Cancelled
    05 - Siemens Arena , Vilnius - Lithuania Cancelled
    21 - Alsterdorfer Sporthalle , Hamburg - Germany Review
    22 - Columbiahalle , Berlin - Germany Review
    23 - Arena , Leipzig - Germany

May
    01 - Coachella Festival , Indio CA - USA

13 - BVV Halla Z , Brno - Czech Republic
    15 - Pinkpop Festival , Landgraaf - the Netherlands
    26 - Aerodrome Festival , Wiener Neustadt - Austria
    27 - Super bock super rock festival , Lissabon - Portugal
    28 - Festimad festival , Madrid - Spain

It's not unlikely for them to make a one off gig to the US before and after European shows.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    04 - Siemens Arena , Vilnius - Russia Cancelled
    05 - Siemens Arena , Vilnius - Lithuania Cancelled
    wow, that's a controversial little typo there.

Coachella Junkie

Yeah maybe. But the dates are from a very reliable fansite for the group. They have complete tour archive since 1991.

Banned

pm dawn!! i can feel it coming.............

Just a thought...

Coachella of course has a myspace and when the lineup comes out the top friends change to whoever is playing the fest that year. So we could keep an eye out for who becomes new friends (that's the only filter you can use) and see who MIGHT be playing.

The only possible one I saw is X who is very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Just a thought...

Coachella of course has a myspace and when the lineup comes out the top friends change to whoever is playing the fest that year. So we could keep an eye out for who becomes new friends (that's the only filter you can use) and see who MIGHT be playing.

The only possible one I saw is X who is very reasonable.
    That just made me a very happy man

OASIS!!!!

Though this is nothing more than a hunch, it is what it is.....

They just announced the dates for their UK / Ireland tour, which has been claimed to be their biggest ever tour of open aired venues. Anyways, the tour kicks off on June 6th in Manchester.

Now starting in Jan. theyll be doing a Western European tour which ends on March 3rd in Paris.......

THAT LEAVES COACHELLA SEASON WIDE OPEN!!!

Granted I wasnt sure where to put this, so scorn me if you must.......

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

oasis fucking suck.

You know what the Verve fucking suck and they still managed quite the slot this past year. OASIS>>>>>>VERVE

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    OASIS>>>>>>VERVE
    grow a pair of ears, buttpipe

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    oasis fucking suck.
    Your favorite musician is a DJ, and you live in Canada. Who sucks now?

What the hell does that prove? That people are nuts......

For the sake of argument Im still waiting for a valid point. Your just pissed cause you know there going to play.

I don't HAVE a favorite musician, shpongle (which you're referring to, I assume) are actually two people who play lots of instruments, and you live in the USA.

What the hell does that prove? That people are nuts......

For the sake of argument Im still waiting for a valid point. Your just pissed cause you know there going to play.
    naw, I just hate oasis. I was just fucking with you, dude. it was nothing personal, promise!

now this blobby character...

Oh I know, I know. Youve actually become my favorite person to debate with on here.......awwwwww.

And I like Buck65 and those delicious kettle cooked jalapeno chips, and both of those are from Canada, but thats not the fucking point. The point is whether you like them or not, id give it around a 78% chance that they play or atleast get booked, you never know what can happen with those Gallagher boys....

I'd say 75% chance is a fair guess. I'll just hope that there's someone excellent on in the sahara.
    I'd say my only legitimate complaint about oasis is the whole beatles/jesus complex thing they have going. that kind of grinds my gears.

I am INCREDIBLY late to the game. How late you ask? I heard "Wonderwall" for the first time this week. Yeah. I can imagine that was everyone's favorite song when that came out at that time, but I'm only hearing it now. Of course I'm really digging that track as well as the whole album, so I suppose I wouldnt mind some oasis. I cant imagine seeing the whole set, but a chunk of it perhaps
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

All right 75%, fair enough. What do you mean exactly by beatles/jesus complex?

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I am INCREDIBLY late to the game. How late you ask? I heard "Wonderwall" for the first time this week. Yeah. I can imagine that was everyone's favorite song when that came out at that time, but I'm only hearing it now. Of course I'm really digging that track as well as the whole album, so I suppose I wouldnt mind some oasis. I cant imagine seeing the whole set, but a chunk of it perhaps
    Well Id sit still cause your going to want a good spot for Bowie. Its going to be a UK filled saturday extravaganza!!!!!!!

The thought of Oasis into Bowie makes my dick limp. It's gunna be Franz=>Beck=>Bowie.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Beck=>Bowie, I dont know? A solo artist into a solo artist.

Id actually really like Beck=>MUSE=>Bowie

Muse AFTER Beck? are you fucking kidding me? i'm personally insulted homie. Muse isnt invited to MY coachella

haha just google "oasis beatles".

they think they ARE the beatles, or at least that they're better than them. it's pretty ridiculous, some of the stuff they've been quoted as saying

Dude! I just saw Beck a few weeks ago and well, it just wasnt what i expected. I loved the classics he did, I lOVE Modern Guilt!!! but I just dont see him performing that late. I give him sundown on the main and maybee it wont go Beck=>Muse but I just dont see two acts that are pretty much front men going back to back.....

And whats wrong with MUSE? Granted i havnt seen them live but the videos Ive seen are pretty fucking nuts! And they make some really good music.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    haha just google "oasis beatles".

they think they ARE the beatles, or at least that they're better than them. it's pretty ridiculous, some of the stuff they've been quoted as saying
    I knew they were a bit nuts about the whole situation. A while back my aunt did some catering at a venue they were playing at. Low and behold, she got a chance to meet them, brought up something about the Beatles and they freaked out on her. Not sure what she said exactly....

I kind of hope there is one headliner that sucks this year.

That way, it wont hurt to miss them due to the inevitable Madness and/or Specials closing the outdoor theatre slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Oh no! Not that old Madness trick again. Not falling for that one.....

Dude! I just saw Beck a few weeks ago and well, it just wasnt what i expected. I loved the classics he did, I lOVE Modern Guilt!!! but I just dont see him performing that late. I give him sundown on the main and maybee it wont go Beck=>Muse but I just dont see two acts that are pretty much front men going back to back.....

And whats wrong with MUSE? Granted i havnt seen them live but the videos Ive seen are pretty fucking nuts! And they make some really good music.
    *sigh* I wish I could argue against it, but I understand what you mean. The energy level is not the same as a few years ago. But he's fucking depressed, let him get over the urge to jump in a volcano. And you know what? I saw him play two nights in a row in chicago only a couple weeks ago and it fucking owned man. Sure, he didnt breakdance but he rocked so hard. you know what im talking about if you saw him a few weeks ago. even played out tracks like LOSER were just so hard. I felt that shit in my chest. Just read Pilgrim's signature.

at Sbessiso's Coachella, Beck opens up for Bowie and Muse is not invited. All muse does is make me want to listen to the bands theyre ripping off (hardcore ripping off)